PDA

View Full Version : President to have Power for PRE-EMPTIVE use of Nuclear Weapons

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 02:58 AM
September 12, 2005

WMD threat could spark American nuclear strike
From Giles Whittell in Washington

A PRESIDENT of the United States would be able to launch pre-emptive nuclear strikes against enemies planning to use weapons of mass destruction under a revised “nuclear operations” doctrine to be signed in the next few weeks.
In a significant shift after half a century of nuclear deterrence based on the threat of massive retaliation, the revised doctrine would allow pre-emptive strikes against states or terror groups, and to destroy chemical and biological weapons stockpiles.

Presidential approval would still be required for any nuclear strike, but the updated document, the existence of which was confirmed by the Pentagon at the weekend, emphasises the need for the US to adapt to a world of worsening proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in which deterrence might fail. In that event, it states, “the United States must be prepared to use nuclear weapons if necessary”.

The Doctrine for Joint Nuclear Operations, last revised ten years ago, extends President Bush’s doctrine of pre-emptive war to cover a US nuclear arsenal that is expected to shrink to between 1,700 and 2,200 warheads by 2012.

It was drafted by the Pentagon in March and posted on the internet, but did not attract widespread attention until a report on it in The Washington Post yesterday. It has since been removed from the Department of Defence website.

It came to light as Iran insisted, in defiance of the European Union, that it would continue processing uranium at its Isfahan reactor. The US has called on the UN Security Council to impose sanctions on Tehran for failing to shelve its nuclear programme.

Referring repeatedly to “non-state actors” — parlance for terrorists — the doctrine is designed to arm the White House and US forces with a new range of threats and sanctions to counter the situation of threatened nuclear attack by al-Qaeda or one of its affiliates.

The document’s key phrase appears in a list of pre-emptive nuclear strike scenarios, the first of which is against an enemy using “or intending to use WMD”.

Elsewhere it states that “deterrence of potential adversary WMD use requires the potential adversary leadership to believe that the United States has both the ability and will to pre-empt or retaliate promptly with responses that are credible and effective”.

The 1995 version of the doctrine contained no mention of pre-emption or WMD as legitimate nuclear targets.

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 03:00 AM
Sorry, link:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1776250,00.html

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Shit, dupe

Turk beat me to it.

Close 'er up, FORD

Phil theStalker
09-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Shit, dupe

Turk beat me to it.

Close 'er up, FORD
Look, you have prostate cancer or something. Get that surgery.

THE U.S. HAS ALWAYS HAD A FIRST USE OF NUKES DOCTRINE.

And what are depleted uranium weapons? huh

The U.S. has and is using "nukes" called Bunker Busters.

Y'know, it's all how THEY say it and what THEY call it.

This article and events is NON-news news.

Good luck with the surgery and don't worry about being infertile after the operation. There are t2oo many people already.

:spank:

Nitro Express
09-12-2005, 04:39 AM
No, the bunker buster bombs are fuel-air bombs that have the power of a small nuke. Basically, their are a huge ass propane bomb and they only are effective in the right wind and atmospheric conditions. THEY ARE NOT NUCLEAR WEAPONS! The only nuclear weapons ever used in a war were the ones dropped on Japan at the end of WWII. Many weapons have been tested.

The United States has maintained first strike capability as it's main deterent. We were always ahead of the Russians on this. It was good doctrine to use on a country that didn't want to get into a nuclear war anymore than we did and it kept the peace for sevral decades.

The problem with Islamic states having nukes is they don't care if they die. In fact, low tech high casualty delivery is their game. Kamakaze nukes.

We are in very dangerouse territory my friends.

Phil theStalker
09-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
No, the bunker buster bombs are fuel-air bombs that have the power of a small nuke. Basically, their are a huge ass propane bomb and they only are effective in the right wind and atmospheric conditions. THEY ARE NOT NUCLEAR WEAPONS!
Bunker Busters use depleted URANIUM and are RADIOACTIVE.

YOUR definition of a "nuke" is only something that makes a mushroom cloud.

WRONG.

That why I say "it's all how THEY say it."

And they've got you FOOLED, but not the UN.

The UN classifies bunker busters as nuclear weapons and all depleted uranium weapons are classed by the UN as nuclear weapons and guess what else.

THEY'RE ILLEGAL to use like agent orange, but you're paying your taxes oblivious and in denial that a dirty nuke or a bunker buster is a nuclear weapon ("It didn't make a big boom and mushroom cloud).

Or that your government is using them.

Or that your government is using them on people.

You're in total denial.

You're oblivious.

Do you know how I can prove you're wrong to do that?

Because you call a conventional explosive bomb that spreads radioactive material as a "dirty nuke."

There you go.

A Bunker Buster is a "Dirty NUKE."

Now that I've taught you that today, what are you going to do about it?

Tell your parents, tell your friends, tell everybody what you learned in school t2oday.

Bunker busters with depleted uranium warheads are nukes.

That's what you learned.

Thanks f4or coming and putting in your opinion.

FORD
09-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Re-opened because of existing responses.

FORD
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by blueturk in another thread.....

In a move that will surely scare the shit out of any countries with leaders that Dubya has a grudge against, The Pentagon has drawn up a new plan that would allow the USA to make first use of nukes to thwart a WMD attack against us. This is a troubling development, based on Dubya's inclination to dream up WMD's when needed...

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.d...527/1012/NEWS06

Pre-emptive strike part of nuke plan
Draft of Pentagon proposal includes option to destroy weapons or block a possible attack.

WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon has drafted a revised doctrine for the use of nuclear weapons that envisions commanders requesting presidential approval to pre-empt an attack by a nation or terror group using weapons of mass destruction. The draft also includes the option of using nuclear arms to destroy known enemy stockpiles of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons.

The document, written by the Pentagon's Joint Chiefs staff but not yet approved by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, would update rules and procedures governing the use of nuclear weapons to reflect a pre-emption strategy announced by the Bush White House in December 2002. The strategy was outlined in more detail at the time in classified national security directives.

At a White House briefing that year, a spokesman said the United States would "respond with overwhelming force" to the use of weapons of mass destruction against the United States, its forces or allies, and said "all options" would be available to the president.

The draft, dated March 15, would provide authoritative guidance for commanders to request presidential approval for using nuclear weapons, and represents the Pentagon's first attempt to revise procedures to reflect the Bush pre-emption doctrine.

Titled "Doctrine for Joint Nuclear Operations" and written under the direction of Air Force Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the draft document is is expected to be signed within a few weeks by Air Force Lt. Gen. Norton A. Schwartz, director of the Joint Staff, according to Navy Cmdr. Dawn Cutler, a public affairs officer in Myers' office. Meanwhile, the draft is going through final coordination with the military services, the combatant commanders, Pentagon legal authorities and Rumsfeld's office, Cutler said in a written statement.

Its existence was initially reported by The Washington Post in today's editions, which said the document was posted on a Pentagon Internet site and was pointed out to the paper by a consultant for the Natural Resorces Defense Council.

The file was not available at that site Saturday evening, but a copy was available at www.global security.org.

The first example for potential nuclear weapon use listed in the draft is against an enemy that is using "or intending to use WMD" against U.S. or allied, multinational military forces or civilian populations.

Another scenario for a possible nuclear pre-emptive strike is in case of an "imminent attack from adversary biological weapons that only effects from nuclear weapons can safely destroy."

That and other provisions in the document appear to refer to nuclear initiatives proposed by the administration that Congress has thus far declined to fully support.

Last year, for example, Congress refused to fund research toward development of nuclear weapons that could destroy biological or chemical weapons materials without dispersing them into the atmosphere.

Phil theStalker
09-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Shit, dupe

Turk beat me to it.

Close 'er up, FORD
SHIT!

Watch out what you ask FORD f4or, LM.

He'll do it without any seCUNT thought (and I think sometimes he likes t2o, y'know, drink)!

Take it step by step.

Where's the FIRE?

Seshmeister
09-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Thank fuck that stupid fucking chimp wasn't around during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Can you imagine...?

FORD
09-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Thank fuck that stupid fucking chimp wasn't around during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Can you imagine...?

I have before, and it's a truly frightening thought. Especially given the Bush family obsession with Cuba.

Phil theStalker
09-12-2005, 02:14 PM

Can you imagine...?
NIXON was their man for their plan and Kennedy sneaked into the White House due to his TV debates.

That was then, this is now.

And, you don't have to imagine anything, it's REAL.

We're already in the TWILIGHT ZONE.

ODShowtime
09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Another scenario for a possible nuclear pre-emptive strike is in case of an "imminent attack from adversary biological weapons that only effects from nuclear weapons can safely destroy."

Ok, I'd like a little more information on this one please.

Little Texan
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Bush with his finger on the nuclear button is a scary thought. Brings to mind that old Genesis video from the 80's with the claymation figures of Reagan, etc.

FORD
09-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Bush with his finger on the nuclear button is a scary thought. Brings to mind that old Genesis video from the 80's with the claymation figures of Reagan, etc.

Yeah, I almost wish Genesis would get back together, just so they could update that video for this decade.

Seshmeister
09-12-2005, 10:43 PM
OK now you've gone too far...:)

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
NIXON was their man for their plan and Kennedy sneaked into the White House due to his TV debates.

Actually, Phil, JFK won because Joe paid the mob to stuff ballots in Illinois........and thank GOD he did. Money well spent;)

If Chimp had been faced with the Cuban Missle Crisis, WWIII would have been a given......and we'd all be drinking shitty Vodka.:rolleyes:

There is a method to their madness. And when I speak of the MADNESS of Rummy, Cheney, the Chimp, et al, I mean that LITERALLY.

Thay are all fucking CRAZY:mad:

Just hope it's not T20 Late

IMPEACHMENT NOW. A COUP WILL DO.

Seriously, give the Chimp the power of pre-emptive nuke capability and we're ALL going to look like JizzySTOOL [ bald and underemployed, living off the goodwill of others ]

FORD
09-12-2005, 10:46 PM
OK now you've gone too far...:)

What if the entire band got back together and Gabriel wrote the lyrics?

That would be better than the Phil Collins top 40 factory they were turning into.

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Yeah, I almost wish Genesis would get back together, just so they could update that video for this decade.

If Phil Collins isn't the Anti-Christ, he's close enough in MY book :cool:

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Maybe I just hate all drummers who think they can front a band.

Don Henley is Anti-Christ- like as well.....

Leon Helm singing The Weight is about as much as I can stand.

Nitro Express
09-13-2005, 03:54 AM
Yes depleted uranium is used in penetrating projectiles. It's common knowledge that some of the rounds used by our tanks are indeed depleted uranium. Yup, it's radioactive but that is not why it is used. It's because it's dense and can penetrate hardened armor. I would not call these nuclear weapons because they don't use nuclear fission as a weapon. The substance in them is mildly radioactive but tottaly useless for any kind of nuclear reaction. That's why it's called DEPLETED uranium. As a matter of fact, everything is radioactive. Laying on a tanning bed too long is bad for you too.

Phil theStalker
09-13-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
That's why it's called DEPLETED uranium. As a matter of fact, everything is radioactive. Laying on a tanning bed too long is bad for you too.
Laying on a tanning bed too long is bad for you too?
RADIATION IS 1,000 TIMES THE NORMAL LEVELS WHERE U.S. TROOPS USED DEPLETED URANIUM
www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=03/15/16/160254&tid=6

Man, that some HOT tanning bed you must use.

Even with U.S. denial that you believe there are 11,000 so far documented Gulf War one troops who are known to be dead from DU and not tanning beds, and they tried to cover it up, but it's still growing and now we have Gulf War two with even more troops, more munitions used, and more time in the radioactive "hot" zones.
www.americanfreepress.net/html/du_death_toll.html

THERE'S NOTHING DEPLETED ABOUT DEPLETED URANIUM.
www.sfbayview.com/081804/Depleteduranium081804.shtml

Only about 20% is depleted. It's a word used by the industrial military to FOOL dumb folks like you into DEFENDING an ILLEGAL weapon by the UN.

That's why THEY call it DEPLETED, because IT'S NOT.

DO YOU GET IT?

If poison was 20% less poison would you call it "DEPLETED" poison and drink it? YOU would, but don't make others drink it because you're so ignorant.

It has 80% deadly radiation left with a half life of 4.5 BILLIONS years so DU's radioactivity effectively lasts forever.

You're caught up in current "double speak" right out of 1984.

"As a matter of fact everything is radioactive."
GO BREATH IN SOME DEPLETED URANIUM VAPOR.

And for my finale link here's the web's Wikipedia Encyclopedia that actually calls depleted uraniun "nuclear weapons."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium

Don't reply to me anymore about this or I'm putting you on Ignore.

Horseskin
09-13-2005, 06:37 AM
This is so easy even daone could figure it out. The difference is in Nuclear Weapons and Thermonuclear Weapons were thermonuclear is actually a word that you can learn to use to differentiate, ladies.

Phil theStalker
09-13-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Horseskin
This is so easy even daone could figure it out. The difference is in Nuclear Weapons and Thermonuclear Weapons were thermonuclear is actually a word that you can learn to use to differentiate, ladies.
Who are you calling ladies? You are an insult to everyo1ne who can read.

Nickdfresh
09-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan

Anyone remember that boxing match between Reagan and Chernyenko in that FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD video, "Two Tribes?' Er...nevermind.... http://www.cd-vinyl-warehouse.de/bilder-neu/F/fgth-twotribes-remix.jpg

Seshmeister
09-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Anyone remember that boxing match between Reagan and Chernyenko in that FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD video, "Two Tribes?' Er...nevermind.... http://www.cd-vinyl-warehouse.de/bilder-neu/F/fgth-twotribes-remix.jpg

I don't remember that video specifically but if it was like the other Frankie ones I'm guessing they had Reagan and Chernyenko strapped down in lingerie while ugly members of the band with huge moustaches fucked them in the ass?

Nickdfresh
09-13-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't remember that video specifically but if it was like the other Frankie ones I'm guessing they had Reagan and Chernyenko strapped down in lingerie while ugly members of the band with huge moustaches fucked them in the ass?

Uh...not exactly.

Reagan and Chernyenko were both in a boxing ring duking it out. I don't recall any butt-fucking.:D

Phil theStalker
09-15-2005, 12:58 PM
NUCLEAR MEDICINE

1) Does nuclear medicine EXPLODE like a bomb?

2) Does nuclear medicine make a MUSHROOM cloud?

3) Do all nuclear weapons EXPLODE and make MUSHROOM clouds?

It's not important to talk properly. Let's talk football.

In fact, the rest of this thread let's just talk aboot da NFL.

How are those Saints doing? huh