PDA

View Full Version : Favorite SAMMY HAGAR album...

Rikk
09-15-2005, 06:05 PM
So many classic albums to choose from...so many awesome rock 'n' roll cuts, ballads, blues jams...Cabo memories. Ain't that the truth.:cool:

So, pick a favorite.

RED
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000011MY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(Rock classics like CRUISIN' AND BROOZIN' and THE PITS!!!!!!!!)

DANGER ZONE
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000011OA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(Yeah! Check out this rock 'n' roll album cover! Uh!! Arrgghh!!!)

THREE LOCK BOX
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000OMH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(The album THREE LOCK ROCK was named after...)

STANDING HAMPTON
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000OM7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(A classic! Includes ONE WAY TO ROCK!)

VOA
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000OPF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(Just look at this classic album cover! And really...who CAN drive 55?)

I NEVER SAID GOODBYE
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000OQB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(When you want love, you got to give to live!)

MARCHING TO MARS
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002P6I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(The only sad thing about this album is that it meant he was no longer the great singer of Van Halen.)

NOT 4 SALE
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006JKBL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(available for $5 as an Import at www.amazon.ca)

TEN-13
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004ZBDA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(The title is a tribute to a great day!:))

RED VOODOO
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000IFSY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(Now THAT is a happening album cover!)

bueno bob
09-15-2005, 06:09 PM
How can you forget such classics like "Street Machine"? Or "Musical Chairs"? Or "Nine On a Ten Scale"?

SHAME!

bueno bob
09-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Either way, I voted for "VOA". Not only does it have, unquestionably, the greatest of all Sammy Hagar album covers, it features the outstanding runaway smash hits "I Can't Drive 55", "Two Sides of Love", "Dick in the Dirt", "Don't Make Me Wait", and of course the blistering title track!

Fuck "1984". "VOA" was where it was at in 1984.

Ain't that the truth.

thome
09-15-2005, 06:19 PM
And the classic : I Mimeographed My Ass Blue for U.

and : Hey Dude Turn My Crank.

and : Your Balls are In My Peanut Butter.

Classic Hagar!!!!

Fak Orf you tools !!! GGGRRRRRRrrrrrr!!!!!

Vinnie Velvet
09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Damnit, Rikk!

You know its so hard for redheads like ourselves to pick a favorite Sammy album.

That just turns my brain to mush!

They're all great.

I'd go with VOA or I Never Said Goodbye because "Eagles Fly" is such a classic song.

Eddie butchered that song though when he played it!:mad:

ThrillsNSpills
09-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Dee Snyder just called.

He wants his old hair back.

Rikk
09-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I'd go with VOA or I Never Said Goodbye because "Eagles Fly" is such a classic song.

Eddie butchered that song though when he played it!:mad:

It's true. EAGLES FLY is maybe the best song ever written...at least non-jazz (though you could make the argument that it's sort of modern jazz).

I have to say, VV, that I am getting kind of pissed off that you are so quick to overlook GIVE TO LIVE. The single alone sold 4 million copies, and the video is the most played video in MTV history. It's easily my favorite song ever written by anyone, basically because it's so awesome and so unique...Sammy singing about "love" and "feelings"...themes he's not always so quick to venture into.

Rikk
09-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Dee Snyder just called.

He wants his old hair back.

I noticed that about the VOA album too!:D

Aw, Sammy...a rock 'n' roller for the ages.

Ain't that the truth.:cool:

Rikk
09-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
How can you forget such classics like "Street Machine"? Or "Musical Chairs"? Or "Nine On a Ten Scale"?

SHAME!

Pardon me, but did you forget to pull the buttplug out of your ass this morning so you could take your first shit in months and release all that stress? FUCK YOU!:mad:

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2005, 10:15 AM
I always cum SO hard when "Standing Hampton" is on. No fucking bullshit. I'll put the album on, strip fully naked, grab a beer, and just go to town. It's also a fave down at the bathhouse............

Rikk
09-16-2005, 10:17 AM
BILL, obviously you haven't been to a good bathhouse in a while, because anybody that is anybody knows that NINE ON A TEN SCALE is what they play at the bathhouses these days.:rolleyes:

Asshole.

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
BILL, obviously you haven't been to a good bathhouse in a while, because anybody that is anybody knows that NINE ON A TEN SCALE is what they play at the bathhouses these days.:rolleyes:

Asshole.

Fuck, I guess I'm outta the loop. Everyone still oils up and rolls around while puking on each other though, right?

Rikk
09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Would that ever change, dickweed?:mad: Of course they do. There's a big feast of bagels and cheese beforehand though...making it easier to throw up on each other.

Then, they blare NINE ON A TEN SCALE.

Fucking awesome.

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Thank god I gave up this lifestyle...........nasty bitches..........

Rikk
09-16-2005, 10:39 AM
EWWW!!!

That's nasty, BILL.

Vinnie Velvet
09-16-2005, 10:39 AM
It's true. EAGLES FLY is maybe the best song ever written...at least non-jazz (though you could make the argument that it's sort of modern jazz).

I have to say, VV, that I am getting kind of pissed off that you are so quick to overlook GIVE TO LIVE. The single alone sold 4 million copies, and the video is the most played video in MTV history. It's easily my favorite song ever written by anyone, basically because it's so awesome and so unique...Sammy singing about "love" and "feelings"...themes he's not always so quick to venture into.

Sorry, Rikk.

Goddamn, I hope Sammy didn't notice my overlooking GIVE TO LIVE.

Please, Sam, I'm so sorry. :(

You are right, Rikk. GIVE TO LIVE is one of the greatest songs ever written and recorded.

So unique and original.

Vinnie Velvet
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I always cum SO hard when "Standing Hampton" is on. No fucking bullshit. I'll put the album on, strip fully naked, grab a beer, and just go to town. It's also a fave down at the bathhouse............

That was Sammy's intent on making the album.

Its one of the most played albums at ANY bathouse in the nation.

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Sorry, Rikk.

Goddamn, I hope Sammy didn't notice my overlooking GIVE TO LIVE.

Please, Sam, I'm so sorry. :(

You are right, Rikk. GIVE TO LIVE is one of the greatest songs ever written and recorded.

So unique and original.

True dat.

Vinnie Velvet
09-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Thank god I gave up this lifestyle...........nasty bitches..........

Good god.

Sam would never condone such behavior!

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
That was Sammy's intent on making the album.

Its one of the most played albums at ANY bathouse in the nation.

SEE RIKK, I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU! Don't EVER question my bathhouse knowledge motherfucker! I remember when the Sheep Pen admins went to see Sammy play a bathhouse on the Marching to Mars tour..............and Rikky didnt show up. We had to give your ticket to Vinnie.........nice Rikk :rolleyes:

Rikk
09-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Look, I was angry at the time. I'm sorry. He had so drastically changed his solo sound from his last work...the two songs on UNBOXED. Those songs were so great and so artistic, and I thought MARCHING TO MARS was the wrong move musically... THERE WAS NOT ONE SONG ON THE WHOLE FUCKING ALBUM THAT SOUNDED LIKE GIVE TO LIVE!!!:mad:

I apologize, BILL. I don't know how many times I have to say it before you forgive me.:(

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Well, I guess I can't blame you. Other than a tongue bath from a short asian does it GET any better than this?

Vinnie Velvet
09-16-2005, 11:30 AM
SEE RIKK, I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU! Don't EVER question my bathhouse knowledge motherfucker! I remember when the Sheep Pen admins went to see Sammy play a bathhouse on the Marching to Mars tour..............and Rikky didnt show up. We had to give your ticket to Vinnie.........nice Rikk :rolleyes:

Yay me!!!

Whoo-hoo!

It was grate!

Rikk
09-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, I guess I can't blame you. Other than a tongue bath from a short asian does it GET any better than this?

That was, BTW, the most-purchased cassette single in rock history. The cassette alone sold 1.4 million copies. Of course, this was followed up by Sam's fifth Rolling Stone cover in 1987. I still prefer his fifth RS cover to his 11th, which happened around the time NOT 4 SALE was released.

Vinnie Velvet
09-16-2005, 12:15 PM
That was, BTW, the most-purchased cassette single in rock history. The cassette alone sold 1.4 million copies. Of course, this was followed up by Sam's fifth Rolling Stone cover in 1987. I still prefer his fifth RS cover to his 11th, which happened around the time NOT 4 SALE was released.

Damn right it was.

I agree. Sam's fifth RS cover in '87 was the best.

Man, back then, you couldn't go anywhere without seeing Sam's face on the cover of every major magazine in town.

Heck, the red rocker even made it on to the cover of VOGUE.

Awesome.

Rikk
09-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Remember back in '91 just before FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE was released? I remember it well...Sam was on the covers of TIME and NEWSWEEK at the same time. That's when MTV published the petition for Van Halen's name. An overwhelming 99.7% of Van Halen fans wanted to change the name of the band VAN HALEN to SAMMY HAGAR. Hell, the band even agreed to it. But Sam, ever the modest red rocker, said: "Heck no. I couldn't do that to the boys." And he left it the same!:) Even though I think they SHOULD have called it SAMMY HAGAR, I respect his modesty. If there's a rocker who never toots his own horn, it's Samuel Roy Hagar.

Ain't that the truth!:cool:

Vinnie Velvet
09-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Remember back in '91 just before FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE was released? I remember it well...Sam was on the covers of TIME and NEWSWEEK at the same time. That's when MTV published the petition for Van Halen's name. An overwhelming 99.7% of Van Halen fans wanted to change the name of the band VAN HALEN to SAMMY HAGAR. Hell, the band even agreed to it. But Sam, ever the modest red rocker, said: "Heck no. I couldn't do that to the boys." And he left it the same!:) Even though I think they SHOULD have called it SAMMY HAGAR, I respect his modesty. If there's a rocker who never toots his own horn, it's Samuel Roy Hagar.

Ain't that the truth!:cool:

Yup. I remember that time pretty well.

It was a movement, Hagarmania!

Sam's such an honest, truthful and modest guy.

To him, its always about the music and pleasing the fans and never about money.

Three Lock Rock
09-16-2005, 05:05 PM
whoo! Its about Time(get it? Yeeeaaaahhhhhhhh, damm Im funny!) yoo guys got into the riffs and lyrics of Sammy. Juts watch, youll be getting pussy in no time boys. Oh hells yeah! Hey Sammy, are you gonna do "private" metings backstage on your next tour?

Three Lock Rock(Lickin it, sticking it, biting it, and lightin it)

CROWBAR
09-16-2005, 05:48 PM
who is sammy hagar?

Sarge's Little Helper
09-16-2005, 05:48 PM
who is sammy hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

CROWBAR
09-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Dat's what I thought!:D

CROWBAR
09-16-2005, 06:02 PM
who is bette midler?

Sarge's Little Helper
09-16-2005, 06:02 PM
who is bette midler?

Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

CROWBAR
09-16-2005, 06:03 PM
HA HA:lol:

ALMOSTsaved
09-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Jesus Christ I thought I'd been away too long and returned to the twilight zone after reading the first post by Rikk.

Rikk
09-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Shut up and name your favorite Sammy Hagar album.;)

Soul Reaper
09-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Oh how spiffing...Sammy Hagar albums!

PenguinsKID1986
09-17-2005, 09:39 AM
My favorite sammy album is, I take it in the ASS and like it! good album butt licker asshole

ALMOSTsaved
09-17-2005, 10:44 AM
I'll admit that I actually own "Standing Hampton" on vinyl...but this was BEFORE the sacrilege.

Vinnie Velvet
09-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
I'll admit that I actually own "Standing Hampton" on vinyl...but this was BEFORE the sacrilege.

Excellent!

Another redhead surfaces!

Bust out those yellow and red jumpsuits and rock out!

Wawazat
09-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Who threw that stupid overdose of LSD in your watersupply system ?

must have been spammy himself

this is disgusting !

Big Troubles
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
I have a best of Sammy Hagar with songs from the 70's to early 80's, NOT including that garbage off VOA. Songs like 20th Century Man, Cruisin' and Boozin', Red etc.... I like that stuff...

Ok... you can hang me now. :p

Big Troubles
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
"Green aint mean compared to red!" Whoo. LMAO! wtf eh?

Soul Reaper
09-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
Who threw that stupid overdose of LSD in your watersupply system ?

must have been spammy himself

this is disgusting !

how dare you insult Hagar!!!

ZOD will sort you out!!

*whispers* keep up the good work, Wawazat

Wawazat
09-21-2005, 08:30 AM
*whispers back* ok

bueno bob
09-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Sammy Hagar rules!

So does Chesney Hawkes!

FORD
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by PenguinsKID1986
My favorite sammy album is, I take it in the ASS and like it! good album butt licker asshole

Was that one on Capitol or Geffen?

ALMOSTsaved
09-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Excellent!

Another redhead surfaces!

Bust out those yellow and red jumpsuits and rock out!

I'm willing to bet more than a few die hard Roth fans much like myself didn't mind at least a few of Hagar's tunes BEFORE he bastardized Van Halen. Shit, he played with Ronnie Montrose and he was no slouch. I figured he might bring some inspiring work out of Ed....key word "might."

Shaun Ponsonby
09-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Honestly?

MONTROSE.

That kicked arse.

Wish he would have stayed in that damn band.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-23-2005, 12:14 PM
So does Chesney Hawkes!

He is the one and only.

bueno bob
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
He is the one and only.

There's no one else he'd rather be!

Other than me.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
So much larg in so little time.

Soul Reaper
09-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Honestly?

MONTROSE.

That kicked arse.

Wish he would have stayed in that damn band.

really? i wish not to listen to anyone with that poodle haired twat in....

Shaun Ponsonby
09-25-2005, 05:48 AM
That was before he was a poodle-haired twat.

Thorman
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Any and all CVH tunes with Sam behind the mic!!

BAM

Shaun Ponsonby
09-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Wow, its Thorman, why don't you just FUCK OFF.

Mr. Vengeance
09-27-2005, 03:36 PM
I really liked the Hagar-Vanilli album......

Buh, Buh buh buh buh, BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Blame it on my Frame!!!!!

Thorman
09-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow, its Thorman, why don't you just FUCK OFF.

No

http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

bueno bob
09-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Any and all CVH tunes with Sam behind the mic!!

BAM

Hell yeah, Thorman! That's the spirit! Keep that CVH/Hagar flame burnin'!!! :D

No stoppin' the red rockin'!!!

Vinnie Velvet
09-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Hell yeah, Thorman! That's the spirit! Keep that CVH/Hagar flame burnin'!!! :D

No stoppin' the red rockin'!!!

Yeah! Awesome!

Hagar singing "Runnin' With the Devil" is 1000 times better than that other guy singing it!

Rikk
09-28-2005, 01:54 PM
I especially love when Hagar tackles JUMP. When he keeps yelling "Jump on" over and over again during each chorus, it makes the hair on my arms stand up. It also makes me hard. Very very hard.

Ain't no stoppin' the red rockin'?

Soul Reaper
09-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Bah....there is NO LARG!!!

Vinnie Velvet
09-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I especially love when Hagar tackles JUMP. When he keeps yelling "Jump on" over and over again during each chorus, it makes the hair on my arms stand up. It also makes me hard. Very very hard.

Goddamnit Rikk!

That's the same reaction I had to the whole "Jump On" Sam does.

He is truly the BEST!

Aint that the truth!

Rikk
05-12-2007, 04:07 AM

Shaun Ponsonby
05-12-2007, 06:51 AM
This is a turn up for the books.

Rikk
03-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Vote now! Vote often!

bueno bob
03-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh hell, who are we fooling?

It's all about Chickenfoot, come on...for reals, yo.

Word.

WARF
03-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Fuck Sammy Hagar that no talent hack!

chefcraig
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Ah, and don't overlook the cool way Sam changes the words, either. He doesn't just have his back against the record machine, no way. He has his ass against it! Now that is pure masculine conviction, and you know this man is serious when he says it!

Rikk
03-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Ah, and don't overlook the cool way Sam changes the words, either. He doesn't just have his back against the record machine, no way. He has his ass against it! Now that is pure masculine conviction, and you know this man is serious when he says it!

Man, did I blare RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW after reading this.

Good to see you, CRAIG, you ol' cunt.

chefcraig
03-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Back at ya, mother-fucker. And an honest "all the best" to you and yours.

ThrillsNSpills
03-16-2010, 12:43 AM
I tried to listen to a Sammy album all the way through and I couldn't do it.

and it was his greatest Hits

Let Sally Drive would have made a good cardboard cutout on the back of the Alpha Bits box.
If it had only come out in the early 70's

binnie
03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh hell, who are we fooling?

It's all about Chickenfoot, come on...for reals, yo.

Word.

You know what, when Rikk put that poll together back in the day, I don't think that any of us could have conceived that even Sam would have put his name to anything so shockingly piss-poor as Chickenfoot.....

ThrillsNSpills
03-16-2010, 05:22 PM
What is your very favorite SAMMY HAGAR solo album?

It's like asking when was your favorite time you stubbed your toe?

hambon4lif
03-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Ah, and don't overlook the cool way Sam changes the words, either. He doesn't just have his back against the record machine, no way. He has his ass against it! Now that is pure masculine convictionWhen he says 'ASS against the record machine', I'm like "Whoa G.I. Joe!! Ease up on all that testosterone, will'ya'?!!"

....he's gonna scare the ladies away with all that muscle and grit...

Sam sure does put a mean ass up against stuff.:scared14:

Hardrock69
03-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Spam's career in the 70s was what you would call blues-based arena-rock. I saw him 2wice on the Boston "Don't Look Back" Tour (Sept. 15, 1978 in Seattle, March 13 1979 in Kansas), and he had a good high-energy show. Hard Rock. Not metal. But he was out to kick people's ass, it seemed.

Next time I saw him was 1982. Three Lox Suck. Or some such crap. Saw him at Reunion Arena on that tour. The keyboards were too high in the mix much of the time. And it was a river of baby pablum. Fucking Gerber motherfukkazzzz!!!! :mad:

Saw him 1 1/2 times with van hagar. Once at the Brady Theater in the 90s. Bought my friend a pair of tickets for his bufday or somethin', and were front row, where my hearing got blasted out by the goddamn PA (and the fact I had forgotten to bring earplugs).

Oh and once for a few moments on the Sam & Dave tour.

Been a steady decline over the past 30 years since I first saw him.

Oh well. Fuck him. I dunno why I even bothered.

Sorry guys. I wasted my time talking about a part-time clown. And now I have wasted your time by you reading through this crap.
Oh well.
Fukkit.