PDA

View Full Version : [B]Anyone seen Green Day Yet???[/B]

dr.rythm
09-15-2005, 11:05 PM
First hello everyone I'm back! most of you if not all of you probably did not noticed iwas gone, but new career took pretty much all my time and sanity.....but hey i will try to drop a few lines here and there...

I saw Green Day few weeks ago on September 4th and let me tell you it was one of the best shows i have seen in my life and i have quite a few concerts under my belt "VH 1984" DLR86, Kiss, Tool, Iron Maiden, The Cult, GNR, Metallica, Slayer, Soundgarden to name a few of about 100 or so that i can recall

From all styles....from Rush to Slayer, Idol to Suicidal Tendencies, and Genesis to Lenny Kravitz....:cool:

And let me tell you Green Day is one of the best concerts i have seen in a long time.....Sorry Dave.....

Everything was just amazing from begin to end...No dull moment. Their last album is quite something sort of concept if you will...one song follows into the next....

anyways the lighting, the set-list: king for a day, minority, we are the champions, shout, american idiot, and so on

If that wasn't all....at some point Billy-Ray got some people on stage to play the Drums, Bass, and Guitar, while he kept on singing.....

And at the end they exited the stage with huge fireworks that lasted a good 10 minutes.....

whoaaa.....this was goood.....very close to sex.....:killer: :bananna:

Any inputs???

franksters
09-15-2005, 11:18 PM
I mentionned before on this site that greenday is probably the band of the decade!

and i think AMERICAN Idiot is probably the album that captures the essence of the new generation in the most explicit way...

anyway this is my opinion...

blonddgirl777
09-15-2005, 11:24 PM
You 2 shall be thrown to "The Penn" for that statement...
L.O.L.

I love Green Day!

They come from (and still reside in) the S-F Bay Area (Berkeley), so they are kinda "homeboys" to me...

They refuse to be part of that Hollywood bullshit (like that fucker Tommy Lee) and I truelly appreciate that!

Long will live Green Day!!!

franksters
09-15-2005, 11:29 PM
hey bg crancky tonight?

what's with tommy?

blonddgirl777
09-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by franksters
hey bg crancky tonight?

what's with tommy?

Cranky?... No!

You know I never liked Tommy (him and all others that are there, and don't shake my cage)...
He is just an opportunist complainer.

And as you would say yourself... "he's too old"!
:D :D :D

franksters
09-15-2005, 11:48 PM
lol!

DrMaddVibe
09-16-2005, 07:21 AM
Green Day?

They SUCK!

A bunch of wannabe punks that weren't born when Punk WAS Punk.

They stopped back at "Dookie". Wonder why they chose that name?

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Green Day? Yawn..........

EbDawson
09-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by dr.rythm
If that wasn't all....at some point Billy-Ray got some people on stage to play the Drums, Bass, and Guitar, while he kept on singing.....

Isn't it Billie Joe? Or Billie Joe Bob Ray?

The drummer wears too much make-up.

Terry
09-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Never had much use for Green Day. Even back in the early 1990s, their stuff seemed to attract a bunch of fratties who liked their 'punk' corporatized and safe.

American Idiot is way overplayed on stations ranging from top 40 to rock to alternative. Am sure it is selling boatloads of copies. More power to Green Day and anyone who likes them. Can't be bothered with 'em myself.

Fairwrning
09-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Fuck..Ill say it...I dig Green Day...

blonddgirl777
09-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

...A bunch of wannabe punks that weren't born when Punk WAS Punk....

Does that mean that everyone who wasn't born when D.L.R. was "Diamond Dave" and everyone who wasn't born when R&R was R&R, don't know what they're talking about?

What...
Any musician that adopts a style MUST be born before that period???

I guess this would be the "American Idiot" 's way to think!
:D

blonddgirl777
09-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson

About the image...

I agree with you, on the drummer's make-up (being more elaborate than mine).

As for Billy Joe... he has lost his baby face and turned into a fine looking young man.
I really dig his style!

:p

DrMaddVibe
09-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Does that mean that everyone who wasn't born when D.L.R. was "Diamond Dave" and everyone who wasn't born when R&R was R&R, don't know what they're talking about?

What...
Any musician that adopts a style MUST be born before that period???

I guess this would be the "American Idiot" 's way to think!
:D

To sum it up in a word...no.

No, you don't have to be born during that era, but give props where they're due.

To blindly rip from the genre of Punk and give nothing back but pop music and political blatherings?...throw them over the fucking side.

I would've given my left nut to see Bobbie Sue Dookie doing this schtick up against the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Flipper, Black Flag or even Generation X...they would've ripped his little pecker off of his 65 pound frame and served it up for the other 2 stooges to eat.

blonddgirl777
09-16-2005, 09:25 PM

No, you don't have to be born during that era, but give props where they're due.

To blindly rip from the genre of Punk and give nothing back but pop music and political blatherings?...throw them over the fucking side.

I would've given my left nut to see Bobbie Sue Dookie doing this schtick up against the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Flipper, Black Flag or even Generation X...they would've ripped his little pecker off of his 65 pound frame and served it up for the other 2 stooges to eat.

O.K., if you want to categorize bands/music but...
I don't eaven go that far.

When I listen to my favorite bands/music/albums...:
"Suicidal Tendencies", "Iron Maiden", "David Bowie", "Depeche Mode", "The Cure", "Gwen Stefani"...
(the list is short, but varies a lot)
HO and how can I forget... VH!

When I listen to those... I don't wanna think: "what are they trying to do, what message is sent etc..."?
I either wanna bang my head, jump around, dance and dance again.
I have been learning piano for 6 years and I am very talented as a player, yet I couldn't care less about those details.

As far as political messages...
I think that it is of every citizen's duty to speak against injustices and idiocy, when given the microphone.

So you don't like "Green Day"... well...
I like you anyway!
;)

dr.rythm
09-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson

Oups!!! my bad..... where the fuck!!!did i get Billy Ray from????

No..... not Billy Ray Cyrus.....ahhhhhhh.... welll i guess i should go kill myself now..........:wow2: :monkey:

dr.rythm
09-16-2005, 11:24 PM

"Blindly rip"...what are you saying dude.... they were around since 1987 and this is pretty much when Punk hit America.... with 9 albums under their belt and up until dookie nothing was really commercial so i think it is safe to say that they have earned where they're at!! :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
09-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by dr.rythm
"they were around since 1987 and this is pretty much when Punk hit America.

Back the time machine up at least 10 years numbnuts!