PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Telemarketing assholes!

Mr. Vengeance
09-17-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm on the do not call list, but that doesn't stop people that you do business with already, like your bank! I'm trying to watch the game and the phone rings. I KNOW it's no one I know, because they know better than to call me during the game. I am expecting a call from some other people, business-wise, so I answer. I get a computer message identifying themsleves from my bank, and telling me to hold the line until a representaive is available to talk to me...

WHAT THE FUCK!!! THEY CALL ME AND THEN PUT ME ON HOLD????? I hung up immediately.

Assholes.

Nitro Express
09-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah, Wells Fargo used to bug me endlessley on the phone and when I needed service they were down right incompetant. I closed all my accounts went with a smaller regional bank. No calls, great service, and less fees.

twonabomber
09-17-2005, 05:21 PM
do what i do...leave the land line ringer turned off and check the caller ID every hour or so.

FORD
09-17-2005, 07:33 PM
....or just go completely cellular. I haven't had a land line in 5 years. I haven't had a telemarketing call either. So if you're computer's on cable what do you need a phone line for?

Little Texan
09-17-2005, 07:35 PM
I know what you're saying. My credit card company started bugging the shit out of me a little while back, trying to con me into signing up for some bullshit plan...they called every fucking day. I didn't answer it for the first few weeks because I was at work when they called, so when I scanned through my caller id and saw the same number had popped up every day, I decided to call the number to figure out who the fuck it was, and found out it was Chase. The next time they called, I figured if I answered it maybe they would quit calling. Some foreign motherfucker, sounded like he was from India or something, came on talking a hundred miles a minute in a thick accent, so I couldn't understand a word he was saying. I said "yeah, uh huh" a couple of times because I couldn't comprehend this fucker, and that was a bad move, because I ended up getting something in the mail saying I had signed up for this program that I never signed up for. I hung up on the prick because he kept going on and on about some shit, and I got tired of listening to him...he was giving me a headache. Come to find out, the company has their own no call list, which I signed up for. The fuckers called for another week or so, but they finally have quit calling. I've considered doing business with another credit card company because of this bullshit, but they probably do the same exact shit.

DrMaddVibe
09-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh, they'll be ringing cell phones soon enough!

Little Texan
09-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
....or just go completely cellular. I haven't had a land line in 5 years. I haven't had a telemarketing call either. So if you're computer's on cable what do you need a phone line for?

I heard somewhere that telemarketers are going to start calling people's cellphones, so that plan might not work for much longer. Telemarketing cocksuckers! :heyfu:

Little Texan
09-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Telemarketers should die the most horrible, torturous, painful death possible!

Loons The Great
09-17-2005, 08:25 PM
I love to ackt all interested for a minute or two with a telemarketer and then out of nowhere act retarded. It's sad, but damn, I'll hang up and cackle forevahhhh.

You gotta say what they want to hear in the beginning...sound like they can sell ya..."Well, sure I've been thinking about replacing A LOT of windows," and then turn tard on 'em...buhahahahahaha...

zeronumber
09-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Whenever a telemarketer calls, I just humor them on, just to give them a screaming "FUCK NO" at the end.

That stopped a lot of them from calling up. Kills the time too.

Hardrock69
09-17-2005, 10:27 PM
When I get either phone calls or junk mail from a company I have service with (Phone, company, bank, etc.) I just call up Customer Service department and cuss them out (yes really).

Something like "IF I WANT ONE OF YOUR FUCKING SERVICES, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CALL YOU ASSHOLES UP AND ORDER IT!!!!! DO NOT CALL ME BEGGING ME TO SIGN UP FOR SOMETHING BECAUSE ALL IT WILL DO IS FUCKING PISS ME OFF!!! DO I FUCKING MAKE MYSELF CLEAR????!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

It took several months for my bank and the phone company to actually comprehend, but I have them trained now, and I receive nothing from them.

They know better.
:cool:

EbDawson
09-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I heard somewhere that telemarketers are going to start calling people's cellphones, so that plan might not work for much longer.

That was a rumor/hoax. There was a thread on that a while back.

Susie Q
09-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Believe it or not, over the weekend I got a Telemarketing call on my cell phone. They asked for "Alex" and when I told them they have the wrong number they went into a speech saying, "Maybe you can help me...this is a courtesy call from such and such company, and we do whatever it was...etc... I couldn't believe it! I just hung up on the assholes. I should have wrote down who they were and where they were from and called them up complaining like crazy.

Hardrock69
09-19-2005, 10:29 AM
W/B Suzie...
:cool:

ashstralia
09-19-2005, 10:47 AM
want to get off the list?

four words.

'i have no money.'

ashstralia
09-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I heard somewhere that telemarketers are going to start calling people's cellphones, so that plan might not work for much longer.

i was at a major sporting event a few years ago,
there was a competition to win a $60k car.
you filled in your details, including a phone #.

so for the next 18 months, this dude kept calling offering
timeshare, if i would just come to a free seminar.

i kept telling him that i'd be there, but due to my job,
i couldn't guarantee it.

i convinced the cunt that i was one of australia's top spies,
he would have spent three hundred bucks on phone calls.

THAT'S GOLD!!