PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Treating N.O. patients: I could have saved her but was denied permission....

Hardrock69
09-19-2005, 12:30 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/18/wkat318.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/09/18/ixhome.html

Nitro Express
09-19-2005, 01:40 PM
In a disaster you say "fuck the redtape and rules" and do what you have to do. Hell, we would have never taken the beach during D-Day if people thought the way this doctor does. When the plan turns to shit, you improvise and when Frank Burns says you can't do that, you tell him to fuck off.

Hardrock69
09-19-2005, 02:46 PM
I agree. I think the doc was a lame pussy for not doing his job.

He shoulda just told the powers that be to go fuck themselves until after he saved some lives.

ELVIS
09-19-2005, 03:02 PM
I do not agree...

Nitro Express
09-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Americans are turning into brainwashed Soviets. Scared to do anything without permission out of fear of what big brother or the lawyers will do to them. Better to let people die than to get the govt. mad at you or open the possibility of being sued.

Nice. Good to know the govt. obediance now means more than saving lives. Sieg Heil!

ELVIS
09-19-2005, 03:12 PM
The reason Nagin didn't use the busses in New Orleans was because there were no drivers...

That was a valid reason...

:elvis:

FORD
09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
The reason Nagin didn't use the busses in New Orleans was because there were no drivers...

Not to mention that they had no A/C or toilets and being stuck in that condition on some stranded piece of highway would have been worse than being in the Superdome.

As for doctors saving lives, under the Hippocratic Oath they are required to do so whenever possible

DrMaddVibe
09-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I agree. I think the doc was a lame pussy for not doing his job.

He shoulda just told the powers that be to go fuck themselves until after he saved some lives.

Yup!

Better to beg for forgivness than ask for permission.

Angel
09-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
As for doctors saving lives, under the Hippocratic Oath they are required to do so whenever possible

That's right FORD - here in AB there's a good chance he'd be facing criminal charges for NOT providing medical assistance. He'd also be facing the possibility of having his license suspended.

Nitro Express
09-19-2005, 07:33 PM
School buses nowadays have automatic transmissions. Any doodle fuck can drive one. Plus, you just have to get on the on ramp and across the river. No keys? No Problem. With all the criminals in New Orleans, hot wiring is not a problem. LOL!

Naw. It's easy to look at satalite photos and in hindsight say this and this should have been done but we don't know what the situation on the ground was. Many of the people at the Superdome were not good people. They could have hijacked the fucking buses and used them as looting vehicles. High enough to drive around flooded streets picking up loot.

BigBadBrian
09-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Angel
That's right FORD - here in AB there's a good chance he'd be facing criminal charges for NOT providing medical assistance. He'd also be facing the possibility of having his license suspended.

He's not up there in LooneyVille. :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
09-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Bullshit.

Valid reason my ass.

Anyone can get behind the wheel of a fucking school bus and drive those damned things when a HURRICANE is bearing down on you.

Those buses are as easy to drive as your family auto.

Also, the A/C and toilets are a non-issue.

Windows can be rolled down and stops can be made.

This is for evacuation people, not comfort.

ELVIS
09-19-2005, 09:11 PM
So, you think people would have boarded the school busses in a calm orderly fashion and driven to safety ??

DrMaddVibe
09-19-2005, 09:31 PM
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/3334317

School bus comandeered by renegade refugees first to arrive at Astrodome
By SALATHEIA BRYANT and CYNTHIA LEONOR GARZA
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

The first busload of New Orleans refugees to reach the Reliant Astrodome overnight was a group of people who commandeered a school bus in the city ravaged by Hurricane Katrina and drove to Houston looking for shelter.

Jabbar Gibson, 20, said police in New Orleans told him and others to take the school bus and try to get out of the flooded city.

Gibson drove the bus from the flooded Crescent City, picking up stranded people, some of them infants, along the way. Some of those on board had been in the Superdome, among those who were supposed to be evacuated to Houston on more than 400 buses Wednesday and today. They couldn't wait.

The group of mostly teenagers and young adults pooled what little money they had to buy diapers for the babies and fuel for the bus.

After arriving at the Astrodome at about 10:30 p.m., however, they initially were refused entry by Reliant officials who said the aging landmark was reserved for the 23,000 people being evacuated from the Louisiana Superdome.

"Now, we don't have nowhere to go," Gibson said. "We heard the Astrodome was open for people from New Orleans. We ain't ate right, we ain't slept right. They don't want to give us no help. They don't want to let us in."

Milling about the Reliant entrance, Sheila Nathan, 38, told her teary-eyed toddler that she was too tired to hold him.

"I'm trying to make it a fairy tale so they won't panic," said Nathan, who had four grandchildren in tow. "I have to be strong for them."

After about 20 minutes of confusion and consternation, Red Cross officials announced that the group of about 50 to 70 evacuees would be allowed into the Astrodome.

All were grateful to be out of the devastation and misery that had overtaken their hometown.

"I feel good to get out of New Orleans," said Demetrius Henderson, who got off the bus with his wife and three children. Many of those around him alternated between excited, cranky and nervous, clutching suitcases or plastic garbage bags of clothes.

They looked as bedraggled as their grueling ride would suggest: 13 hours on the commandeered bus driven by a 20-year-old man. Watching bodies float by as they tried to escape the drowning city. Picking up people along the way. Three stops for fuel. Chugging into Reliant Park, only to be told initially that they could not spend the night.

Every bit worth it.

"We took the bus and got out of the city. We were trying to get out of the city," James Hickerson said.

Several passengers on the bus said they took the matter into their own hands earlier Wednesday because they felt rescuers and New Orleans authorities were too slow in offering help.

"They are not worried about us," said Makivia Horton, 22, who is five months pregnant.

salatheia.bryant@chron.com

cynthia.garza@chron.com

Doesn't look that damn hard!

DLR'sCock
09-19-2005, 09:43 PM
FEMA was denying doctors from treating patients for liability reasons. If you know someone is a Dr or nurse then let them help, bottom line.

I saw a piece on the news about the Doctors and nurses rescued frmo one of the hospitals in NO and they not allowed to help out. Let's stay on subject here. FEMA said no, FEMA didn't let the early help in.

Hardrock69
09-19-2005, 10:29 PM
School buses.....doctors....

One of these things...is not like the other...

One of these things just isn't the same....

:rolleyes:

Nitro Express
09-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Fuck the lawyers in that kind of situation. If someone tried to sue me for legitimately trying to save lives I would hunt their ass down. Katrina should be a catalyst for change in many things. It points out how fucked up we are as a society. If we don't learn anything from this we are fucking doomed. You know what, I think we are so fucked in the head we won't. All I know is it's a good idea to get involved in a group who will watch your back when the shit hits the fan. The govt. and the legal system aren't your friend in an emergency situation. It's people right around you, that you can trust. Not some fucking red tape or laws that don't apply to the situation. Fuck that shit! Steal a bus and live! Punch out a FEMA worker and save the people.