PDA

View Full Version : Most of the blame belongs to this guy.

scamper
09-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Mayor Suspends Reopening of New Orleans
AP - 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
NEW ORLEANS - Bars, restaurants and shops had just begun showing signs of life when the mayor halted the repopulation of the city and once again ordered everyone to leave town as a new tropical storm headed toward the Gulf of Mexico. The call for another evacuation came after repeated warnings from top federal officials — including President Bush himself — that New Orleans was not safe enough to reopen. Federal officials warned that Tropical Storm Rita could breach the city's weakened levees and swamp the city all over again.

This guy is a moron, he should have listened the first time and started getting people out when he could.

FORD
09-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll let Mr. Presley take this one....

Nitro Express
09-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Shit. The dude wanted to occupy the town this week. A town covered in toxic sludge, still 30% flooded, and with zero medical services available. In short, he wanted to bring 300 people back into a disaster zone with the potential of another flood looming. Unbelievable. This dude is in a hurry to be mayor of something again I guess.

ELVIS
09-20-2005, 01:52 PM
What are you people talking about...

Reopening the city is the only logical thing to do...

Mayor Nagin is being smart and cautious regarding this current storm as three inches of additional rain could potentially reflood the area...

I don't know where you heard zero medical services, but several hospitals in the Greater New Orleans area are open for business and have had electricity for nearly two weeks...

How can you clean up without the people ??

:elvis:

BigBadBrian
09-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
What are you people talking about...

Reopening the city is the only logical thing to do...

Mayor Nagin is being smart and cautious regarding this current storm as three inches of additional rain could potentially reflood the area...

I don't know where you heard zero medical services, but several hospitals in the Greater New Orleans area are open for business and have had electricity for nearly two weeks...

How can you clean up without the people ??

:elvis:

You probably have the better viewpoint on the situation, Elvis, since you are down there, but this Nagin character seems like a yo-yo.

Like anything, it's hard to get a true grasp of the situation with all the media spin.

:gulp:

scamper
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You probably have the better viewpoint on the situation, Elvis, since you are down there, but this Nagin character seems like a yo-yo.

Like anything, it's hard to get a true grasp of the situation with all the media spin.

:gulp:

agree

ODShowtime
09-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm not impressed with his performance.

Nickdfresh
09-21-2005, 09:56 PM
I like the title of this thread. To paraphrase:

"Yeah BUSH is stupid, but the Democrat is even stupider blah, blah blah...."

My how the standard has fallen...

Cathedral
09-22-2005, 12:36 AM
With all due respect, Elvis...Nagin is a jerk-off, period.

I agree that the city has to be re-populated ASAP, but the man needs to slow it down a couple of MPH's and move cautiously.

On the other hand, He is still Mayor and is under a whole lot of pressure from businesses to get back to business and start rebuilding.

But i don't think one or two weeks would mean a whole lot to the situation if the safety of the people is of primary concern.

Texas is going to get the shit kicked out of it and I have a gut feeling that the levee's in New Orleans aren't going to fair too well with all the rain coming at you guys.

I'd just like to see less underestimating and more focus on Rita and what it may bring with it.

It's better to be sure than to have your ass handed to you twice in one month by that bitch, Mother Nature.