PDA

View Full Version : Animal House Soundboard

Hardrock69
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Animal House Soundboard (http://www.electricartists.com/animalhouse/soundboard1.swf)
Right click, save as, open in your browser.

Hardrock69
09-21-2005, 11:50 AM
:cool:

Nitro Express
09-21-2005, 03:46 PM
I use to live in the town in Oregon where they filmed Animal House. I remember them filming the big parade scene. It was also the first movie I saw bar naked tits in. Yes, I was a sheltered young lad in those days.

Hardrock69
09-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Right on Dude. Lucky bastid!
It is quite a shame that the Delta House no longer exists. I would have LOVED to have been able to visit it and have my picture taken standing in front of it all fucked up...
:cool:

The building used for the Delta House exteriors was located at 751 East 11th Ave. At the time, it was a halfway house for convicts. The building continued to fall into disrepair and was finally torn down in 1986. The house's bricks were sold as souvenirs for $5 each. Today there is a stone with a plaque on the property that reads:
SITE OF THE HOME OF A.W. AND AMANDA PATTERSON. HE WAS A PIONEER
LANE COUNTY DOCTOR AND SURVEYER WHO PLATTED A GREATER PART OF EUGENE.
IN 1853, PATTERSON WAS ALSO A MEMBER OF THE OREGON LEGISLATURE AND
WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN ESTABLISHING THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON.
AMANDA PATTERSON CAME ACROSS THE GREAT PLAINS IN THE FIRST WAGON
TRAIN OF 1843. THEIR DAUGHTER, IDA, WAS A EUGENE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL.
IN THE 1950S AND 1960S THE HOUSE WAS USED BY A FRATERNITY AND
POPULARIZED IN THE LATE 1970S BY THE FILM "ANIMAL HOUSE"

Hardrock69
09-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Here is the page at the official Animal House fan site that has pics of all the locations and what their current condition is. Needless to say, the admin buildings at the University Of Oregon are pretty much still there...

http://www.acmewebpages.com/animal/locales.htm

Nitro Express
09-21-2005, 05:30 PM
The parade footage was filmed in Cottage Grove, Oregon. I used to get my hair cut in a barber shop right where they filmed on Main Street. I also had my bike stolen there and tried pot for the first time there. Then we lived in Eugene for awhile.

Nitro Express
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Oregon weather is very unforgiving on old wooden houses. If the roof and paint aren't kept up, dry rot and fungus take their toll in a hurry. I'm sure people wanted to save that house but there probably was too much damage to justify the costs. Too bad. It would be cool if it was still a frat house.

Hardrock69
09-22-2005, 01:02 AM
My friend lives very close to Eugene and Cottage Grove.

told him this evening that Animal House was shot there and he had no idea...