PDA

View Full Version : Latest Indiana Jones IV News....

Hardrock69
09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Lucas hopes to start shooting Indy IV within a year
Saturday, September 11, 2004 - Gilles V

George Lucas had a chat with MTV about Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and other Star Wars things. And yes, he even mentioned Indiana Jones IV!

Having accomplished so much on a blockbuster scale, Lucas said that after "Revenge of the Sith" and his upcoming fourth "Indiana Jones" installment (which he hopes to start shooting within a year), he'd like to return to indie-style movies like his 1971 debut, "THX 1138," which returns to theaters Friday (September 10) with a new director's cut.

More news also:

http://www.theraider.net/newsarchives/indy4/2004_september.php

fe_lung
12-31-2006, 02:20 AM
BUMP

'Indiana Jones' to Begin Filming in 2007
Saturday December 30 1:02 AM ET

George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited "Indiana Jones" movie will begin next year. Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again. Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.

"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."

Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.

"Mostly it's the charm of Harrison that makes it work," he said.

sadaist
12-31-2006, 02:47 AM
I'm actually looking foward to it. Yes, Indy is much older. But if Rocky can pull it off, Harrison definitely can.

EbDawson
12-31-2006, 03:19 AM
Han Solo is 64, shit! Guess we're all getting old(er).

Terry
12-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Raiders of the Lost Ark was a great movie.

Saw the two sequels, but neither came close to the original for me.

Just the fact that Ford, Lucas and Spielberg are all participating doesn't mean by default that this one isn't gonna stink, but I'll probably end up checking it out.

Matt White
12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
INDY SAVES THE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY

They never know when to quit

WACF
12-31-2006, 03:38 PM
This could be good...the first movie is excellent.

POJO_Risin
12-31-2006, 04:02 PM
I wonder if he'll have a kid...and in Sean Connery will be in this one?

Hardrock69
01-01-2007, 01:32 AM
I heard Sean was gonna make an appearance, but then I heard Sean denied it so who knows?

I say the first one rules all....kinda hard to beat the Ark Of The Covenant as the ultimate treasure......

Thanks for the post fe-lung!
:cool:

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Hard to say in regards to Sean's activity in the film - at one point, he said he was totally enthused with the idea of reprising the role...like HR, I've also heard that he wasn't, or that it would be a brief cameo appearance...so...anybody's guess until somebody says something official about it.

The one thing I'd like to see is Indiana giving up an eye somewhere in the movie, so as to somewhat phase in with his elderly portrayals in "The Young Indiana Jones Adventures" that was making the rounds on television a while back...

The one thing I'd like to avoid is Ally McBeal as his love interest...

:eek:

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I wonder if he'll have a kid...

At one point, apparently Natalie Portman was going to go to screen as his daughter...

Frank Darabont penned the script, but Lucas rejected it...apparently Darabont wanted Kevin Cosner as Indiana's brother and they were supposed to have a "stressed" relationship...

Rumor has it, anyway...

Anonymous
01-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung
"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said

Sounds like ol' Eddie V. talkin' 'bout his "albums".

Cheers! :bottle:

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Sounds like ol' Eddie V. talkin' 'bout his "albums".

Well, let's not write it off. Spielberg's involved, and with George financing...it could happen...

Either way, even if it isn't, all of the Indiana Jones films are brilliant...I will admit I have my hesitations about an elderly Indiana Jones going out on his REAL 'last crusade', so to speak...but it just might be the right thing to give Harrison Ford a correct ride off into legendary Hollywood status, considering the last few films of his have been...rather crappy...

Going back to an established franchise often times works...often times it doesn't...at this point it's a 50/50 call, nobody's really going to know until we know who wrote the script, what the cast is, plotline is...etc...so until then, we're all just kinda speculating...

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Two of the working titles I've heard so far are "Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent" (I would probably be making a safe assumption to say it was about Atlantis?)...and, technically more accurate, "Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time"...not making that up...

fe_lung
01-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I heard Sean was gonna make an appearance, but then I heard Sean denied it so who knows?

I say the first one rules all....kinda hard to beat the Ark Of The Covenant as the ultimate treasure......

Thanks for the post fe-lung!
:cool:

A return by Sean would be great, no doubt. I'd always heard that all involved were in favor of it, but who knows how the script worked out.

Raiders is unquestionably king, but Crusade isn't far behind it, and (for me anyway) Temple isn't far behind that.

Of the three, I quote Temple the most - no contest. You call him Dr. Jones, Doll!

fe_lung
01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
At one point, apparently Natalie Portman was going to go to screen as his daughter...

Frank Darabont penned the script, but Lucas rejected it...apparently Darabont wanted Kevin Cosner as Indiana's brother and they were supposed to have a "stressed" relationship...

Rumor has it, anyway...

Didn't M. Night Shymalan take a crack at a script as well?

I can't imagine that Lawrence Kasdan wasn't approached as well. He wrote Raiders not to mention Empire Strikes Back.

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Didn't M. Night Shymalan take a crack at a script as well?

Yes...I cringed in terror when I heard that...

twonabomber
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
really. keep that flash in the pan one hit wonder idiot Shamadummy out of it.

Seshmeister
01-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Fuck I've just realised the last one was EIGHTEEN FUCKING YEARS AGO!

Help I'm getting old!

I think the original plan was to make a few sequels with River Phoenix before he checked out at a young age. His appearence in the 3rd one was the set up for this. I thought the Last Crusade was pretty damn good and better than The Temple of Doom and as good as the first.

Sean Connery announced his retirement recently but he was perviously down as being interested in doing another Indiana Jones film.

He's down as being rumored to be in it at IMDB.

It's maybe a good sign they've already rejected a few scripts and are holding out for a good one. It's definitely good news that Lucas isn't writing it.

The biggest problem might be Lucas obsession with CGI. The new Bond film showed the way forward with these kind of franchises, I'm sick of CGI stuff, doing real stunts with stuntmen is much better in films like this.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Anonymous
01-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Two of the working titles I've heard so far are "Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent" (I would probably be making a safe assumption to say it was about Atlantis?)...and, technically more accurate, "Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time"...not making that up...

If it's based on the LucasArts' classic "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis", I'm watching it.

WATCHING. Not buying. Then, if it's REALLY good, like the other three, then I'm definitely buying it and putting it close to the box set.

Jones rules... especially because it's so blatantly far fetched, yet so brilliantly put together that you can't help but laugh your arse off at the fabulous plots on these "action" classics.

Man, if more films were this entertaining, I'd propbably still be watching TV nowadays.

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
If it's based on the LucasArts' classic "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis", I'm watching it.

WATCHING. Not buying. Then, if it's REALLY good, like the other three, then I'm definitely buying it and putting it close to the box set.

Jones rules... especially because it's so blatantly far fetched, yet so brilliantly put together that you can't help but laugh your arse off at the fabulous plots on these "action" classics.

Man, if more films were this entertaining, I'd propbably still be watching TV nowadays.

From the rumblings, it's apparently a brand new script...no Kevin Costner, sorry...lmao

twonabomber
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
if it is about Atlantis, i'd bet it's CGI out the ass.

bueno bob
01-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
if it is about Atlantis, i'd bet it's CGI out the ass.

Since a new script has been approved, it's probably safe money to say that the Atlantis idea is out...

I know a lot of people were talking about the "Spear of Destiny" angle a while back...which I actually think would be a good idea...

We'll see...

Hardrock69
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
As long as Kevin Costner is not in it I will be happy.

He is a lame motherfucker.

fe_lung
01-07-2007, 09:57 PM
According to the web site the screenplay is by David Koepp.

indianajones.com > Community > News > News

Indiana Jones to Start Production in 2007
January 02, 2007

In a long-awaited announcement, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg revealed today that the fourth installment of Indiana Jones will begin production in June 2007. Harrison Ford returns in his role as the daring Dr. Jones for the new adventure. The film will be produced by Lucasfilm Ltd., directed by Steven Spielberg and released by Paramount Pictures throughout the world in May 2008.
The screenplay has been written by David Koepp.

Spielberg states "George, Harrison and I are all very excited. We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones."

The film will be produced by Frank Marshall with George Lucas and Kathy Kennedy as executive producers. "Working with Steven, Frank, Kathy and the Indy crew is like working with family," states Lucas. "These films are such great fun to make. I'm looking forward to reuniting with the team and starting this new journey."

The film has plenty of action in store for the rogue archeologist. Harrison Ford comments "I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends. I don't know if the pants still fit but I know the hat will. "

It will be shot on undisclosed locations around the world as well as in the United States.

For more than 25 years, audiences have been enraptured by the exploits of Indiana Jones. The film trilogy -- Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade -- garnered 14 Academy Award nominations, won 7 Oscars, and grossed over $1,182,000,000 at the box office. The films are among the most popular films ever made and have become a legendary part of film history.

imdb.com - David Koepp
Indiana Jones 4 (2008) (pre-production) (screenplay)
Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005) (screenplay)
... aka Zathura (International: English title: short title) (USA: promotional title)
War of the Worlds (2005) (screenplay)
Secret Window (2004) (screenplay)
"Hack" (2002) TV Series (creator)
Hack (2002) (TV)
Spider-Man (2002) (screenplay)
Panic Room (2002) (written by)

Stir of Echoes (1999) (screenplay)
Snake Eyes (1998) (screenplay) (story)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) (screenplay)
The Trigger Effect (1996) (written by)
Mission: Impossible (1996) (screenplay) (story)
... aka Mission Impossible
Suspicious (1994) (written by)
The Shadow (1994) (written by)
The Paper (1994) (written by)
Carlito's Way (1993) (screenplay)
Jurassic Park (1993) (screenplay)
... aka JP (USA: promotional abbreviation)
Death Becomes Her (1992) (written by)
Toy Soldiers (1991) (screenplay)
Bad Influence (1990) (written by)

Apartment Zero (1988) (screenplay)
... aka Conviviendo con la muerte (Argentina)

Filmography as: Writer, Director, Producer, Miscellaneous Crew, Actor, Second Unit Director or Assistant Director, Soundtrack, Self

Director - filmography
(2000s) (1990s)

Secret Window (2004)
All Falls Down (2004) (V)
Suspense (2003) (TV)
Stir of Echoes (1999)
The Trigger Effect (1996)
Suspicious (1994)

Hardrock69
01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Holy Krap! :eek:

This guy does have a resume working with high-budget blockbusters.....

Me does a happy dance....So another year and a half....and I will be in the theaters to find out what the deal is!

:D

ppg960
01-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I first one was great! The last ones were good as well.
What was the name of Indy's love interest in the first one??
She looked like she would clean up well.
I like all the Harrison Ford movies. He's one of the greats.:cool:

bueno bob
01-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Harrison Ford's thrown out a few turds in recent years, but the Indiana Jones franchise is established...

Koepp's work is usually pretty good...I think it is, anyway (although I guess I'm like one of 9 people who liked Panic Room?)....

Sounds promising, though.

Seshmeister
01-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Harrison Ford's thrown out a few turds in recent years, but the Indiana Jones franchise is established...

Koepp's work is usually pretty good...I think it is, anyway (although I guess I'm like one of 9 people who liked Panic Room?)....

No!

Worldwide it was actually 4 but 2 of them were mothers of people in the cast.

bueno bob
01-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
No!

Worldwide it was actually 4 but 2 of them were mothers of people in the cast.

I see!

Well, I guess that makes me three...

Does the fact that Jodi Foster is my "older woman" fantasy of the last ten years factor in, or...?

Seshmeister
01-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I thought Jodi was a notorious clam jouster or is that part of the attraction...?:)

bueno bob
01-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I thought Jodi was a notorious clam jouster or is that part of the attraction...?:)

Oh, that level of inaccesability does have it's appeal, I suppose...

Has it ever been confirmed either way?

Seshmeister
01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Well she never returned my phone calls...