PDA

View Full Version : College Football Saturday--September 24, 2005

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Here's the schedule...

Notre Dame at Washington to a game Willingham says doesn't matter...yeah right...

Ohio State at home against Iowa...the pretender will be gone from the Big 10 picture...

Purdue at Minnesota...could show Purdue for the sham they are...

Georgia Tech at VTech...which could be interesting...but is in Blacksburg...

Mich St. vs. Illinois...MSU has lost 8 or 9 in a row after beating a ranked opponent...

Michigan vs. Wisconsin...hmmmm....

USC vs. Oregon...in another blowout...

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Minnesota just tied Purdue...35-35 in overtime...

Purdue's overrated turn with the ball...

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Minnesota takes the lead...

42-35...

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 03:48 PM
North Carolina beat NC State today...proving that Chuch Amato is the most overrated coach on the planet...next to Bob Stoops...

DrMaddVibe
09-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Mich. St. ...spanks 'em!

SPARTY ON!

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Minnesota wins...

Purdue and their easy schedule crashes...and burns...

Kentucky was up on Florida...Florida just tied...

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Chris Leak is really good...doing good things today...

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 04:06 PM
VTech is up 7-0...TD pass from Rapist Vick...

conmee
09-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Shit... MSU should be favored over UM next week... lousy Michigan bastards!!! lol

You know college football is going down the tubes when Louisville is mentioned in the same sentence as "national championship" in any other context than "Louisville is just a bump in the road on the way to Team X winning the national championship." hahah

GO IRISH!!!!
ROLL TIDE!!!! (for Brownsound)

Icon.

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
VTech is up 7-0...TD pass from Rapist Vick...

not a rapist..it was consentual..she was just underage;) and he supplied a little alcohol..
Hokies proved yesterday..they are the 2nd best team in the country..and that was with the defense doing all the work..
bet your ass USC took notice...

Brett
09-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Believe me, SC doesn't give a flying fuck about Virginia Tech. It's game 3, not game 13. Maybe you boys should stop looking ahead. It's a long way to the Rose Bowl.

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Believe me, SC doesn't give a flying fuck about Virginia Tech. It's game 3, not game 13. Maybe you boys should stop looking ahead. It's a long way to the Rose Bowl.

Brett...you and I both know that ANY team...even one that is as good as USC LOOKS AHEAD...even if it's only a peer...

Yeah...it's a long way to the Rose Bowl...but trust me...they know who's ranked #2...

I do agree that they took about as much notice as perhaps a gnat landing on your nose...no offense wrning...

USC is one bad motherfucker of a team...that is fo' sho'...

so is VTech...

but...and these may be famous last words...VTech isn't in the same league as USC...nobody is...

that doesn't mean they can't beat them...

VTech beat a GTech team that's been playing over their heads...period. It was a great win...no doubt...but nothing special...

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 04:33 PM
so..you guys don't think USC is worr...ya know..fuck it...i am wasting my breath here..

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
granted..i agree USC is the shit..best in ncaa easily..but dont think Tech can't beat em...
probably wont come down to those 2 in the end..but i would love to see it

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Why? I hate USC?

I said Virginia Tech CAN beat USC...

but dude...they shut down a Georgia Tech team that is totally dependant on Reggie Bush...who didn't practice one day this week because he had ass cancer.

I'm just saying...USC ain't Georgia Tech.

There isn't a team that can shut down USC...so it comes down to how many points you can put on the board...

What it comes down to is this. USC's been in the championship game 2 years running. IF...and I say IF...because I think the UCLA game could be interesting...if UCLA is playing well...and they make it to the USC game...USC and UCLA...anything can happen...as we found out last year...

but...you get USC in the finals...and they play VTech...and Vick...I think it's a no brainer 9 out of 10 times...but there's always that 1 time....

and I'd be rooting for VTech...I hate them a lot less than USC...

but that team is unbelievable...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Right now...

I see VTech as the only team that can give the Trojans a game...

discounting rivalry...

because I also believe that Notre Dame and UCLA will be intriguing matchups...

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 05:50 PM
never said Ga. Tech was close to USC...but i think Tech can give em fits if all goes right..
again..i understand USC is fuckin incredible...but not unbeatable...nobody is

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah...like their qb...who's 90% of their offense...not having ass cancer all week.

Dude...their key player wasn't even borderline close to 100%...and no way should he have been playing.

I'm not taking away from VTech's D...or from VTech...

they are clear cut #2 right now...

and I never said USC was unbeatable...but anyone who says their team wins more than 1 out of 10 against them just isn't being realistic...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Look wrning...we've both been around to long to mention...and have seen many...many college teams play...

USC, right now...has the potential...to be considered one of the best college football teams ever...and they play like it...

they can lock you down on D...and can absolutely light you up on O...they can be derailed for a bit (see down 13-0) and in once second...turn it all around...

This VTech team...isn't even the best VTech team I've seen...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Personally...I'm sick of the "humbled" USC fans who had to put up with all those years of shittiness...

and hope that someone shitty beats them in the mouth before the NCAA title game...

short of that...I hope VTech can make it through the ACC (tough)...win the ACC title game (equally tough)...and make it to the final game...because it could be interesting.

if VTech makes a few things happen...it could be another Ohio State vs the unbeatable Miami from '02...

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 06:10 PM
we are gonna go round all night on this dude..lmao...1 out of 10 is pushing it..i can see somebody with talent taking more than 1 out of 10..
now best of 5 is different...the most consistent team is gonna win..that's USC all day long..
yeah..i would say thay are 1 of the best college teams in history...
but Tech gave em a game last year..and Tech is WAY BETTER this year bro..

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech gave them a game last year...

correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't that game...in Blacksburgh...and one of USC's first 3???

I could be wrong about that...

but here's the other factor...

texas

Mack Brown sucks...but he might not even be able to screw up that team...

I think Beamer might win a game with Texas...

but you are basing your thinking on a game that...to be honest...means nothing this year.

9 out of 10. Last year USC showed chinks in their armor with close games against several teams...

this year...nothing even close...

down 13-0...is about it...and that was a first quarter deal...

I've watched both...and I'd humbly say 9 out of 10...against any other team in the top 10...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Holy Christ...

South Florida hammered the fuck out of Louisville...

ouch...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Obviously wrning...when you cut out all the crap...in both our arguments...

one of my piles of crap isn't Va Tech being my favorite team...lmfao...

I have many piles of crap...don't get me wrong...

to be honest...I hope you are right...

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech / USC was at a neutral site..can't remember where...

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 06:24 PM
i admit...Tech is my fave and alot of my talk is with the heart...but i WHOLEHEARTEDLY think Tech would give em a game..would be surprised if they won..honestly..but i wouldnt expect a blow-out either...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:29 PM
And I haven't even gotten into what I think about Texas, Georgia and some of the other teams...

There are some other very...very good undefeateds...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:31 PM
If you're lucking wrning...USC will get upset...and you'll get Texas...

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 06:38 PM
if we're lucky..we'll get anybody...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I need lots of upsets...and OSU to run the table...

in other words...I need a fucking miracle...at least I don't have to worry about a conference title game...

Brett
09-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Personally...I'm sick of the "humbled" USC fans who had to put up with all those years of shittiness...

and hope that someone shitty beats them in the mouth before the NCAA title game...

HAHAHHAHAHA you angry fucker.

USC/VA Tech was the BCA Classic in Landover. So it was far more a home game for VA Tech than it was for SC, who had to travel 3,000 miles.

VA Tech just doesn't scare me, none of those those ACC teams do. Everyone thinks they have the D to stop SC, and they never do.

Fairwrning
09-25-2005, 07:10 PM
well..have to give ya that...nobody has shut 'em down..yet...
But. i have to say..i think Tech has the D to shut 'em down..:D

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't think anyone has the D to shut them down...

the only way USC loses is if they play badly...and there isn't a D that by themselves can do it...IMO...