PDA

View Full Version : Problems at work, tell us about it.

Millermoos
09-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi,
Do you have problems at work? Or wtih someone at work
I do I have a boss who is an hasshole and everybody is living I am the long and lasting person to have remained. Today I thought I was going to walk out but I decided to stay and give him grief instead.
Millermoss

ashstralia
09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
why did you decide to make two threads about this?
was one not enough?

Millermoos
09-26-2005, 09:47 AM
no I did not see that there where two.
Thanks for letting me know I did not relise my computer crashed twice today while I was writing.
millermoos

Millermoos
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
How do I delete the other one?
Millermoos

Hardrock69
09-26-2005, 10:05 AM
You don't. The Mods around here do not think any of us are intelligent enough to be able to delete our own posts.

ashstralia
09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
where the fuck is ally???

and millermoos, get a mac.

Cathedral
09-26-2005, 11:56 AM
No problems at work for me, I just had a lengthy phone chat with my boss and i no longer have a job as of an hour ago.

Well, i'll have no problems balancing work with my studies now, and i am going to get a pretty good severence check i wasn't expecting at all.

I'm taking 6 months off to finish getting my Realestate liscense.

If i sell my truck i'll make it a year, fuck this busting my ass for nothing shit.
The rest of my life will be on my own terms and Corporate America can suck my schlong.

It is as i have believed for the last several years.
If you want anything that resembles job security then start your own fucking business.

twonabomber
09-26-2005, 11:59 AM
damn, Cat...

good luck with the real estate. we had a guy working at the shop who did RE on the side. he wasn't much of a machine operator, so he quit...but i hear he ain't much of an agent either. i know i'm not much of a salesperson, good for you if you are.

only problem i'm having at work lately is staying awake. :D

Cathedral
09-26-2005, 12:07 PM
It's no biggie, i was prepared for it, just not this soon.
but i'll take it as a blessing and now i can double up on my classes and get it done a bit quicker.

I could use a vacation anyway, so be it.

And Thanks! ;)

twonabomber
09-26-2005, 12:10 PM
getting fired was almost the best thing that happened to me. went from one Fortune 500 company to another, in completely different fields. i'm doing MUCH better now.

Cathedral
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Right on, dude!
Glad to hear things are going well for you.

I haven't been that fortunate in the past but at least i was already on course with getting out of this job anyway.
I've been saving like a mother fucker and now that will help out a hell of a lot.

My Mother has been in Realestate since i was 5 years old and she is retiring next year. the goal is for me to take over her position at Landmark Builders.
I won't be selling existing homes but rather new construction homes.
There is a monthly check that goes with that from doing selections for people.
That is where they choose all the options they want from plumbing to siding and shit like that.
And then i'll also get the standard commission on top of that.

I'll end up making 3 times more a year than i was and until today i was doing pretty good, actually.
By this time next year i should be on my way to $200,000 a year.

Unless the bottom falls out of Home Sales, lol...but i'm gonna remain optomistic about it.

I just orderd a new pc yesterday so that pretty much does it for my fun spending for awhile.

Life is good, and everything will be fine...I'm not worried.

Nitro Express
09-26-2005, 12:57 PM
I wish I would have startted my own business right when I got out of college. I've worked for three fortune 500 companies. There is no loyalty anymore. You can like your supervisor, coworkers, and even what you did at work but top management will always screw the people under them now. Why people work for other companies used to be: A) Work security. Hey, getting a paycheck on a regular basis beats trying to get people to pay you and as long as you are a good employee, they won't fire you. B) Benefits. This kind of dental and medical coverage would cost a fortune if I had to buy it on my own, good thing the company is providing it. This job is getting old but with the pension I'm going to get, it's going to be worth it. C)Climbing the ladder. This is a great, solvent company with a good reputation. Yeah, I'm just a midmanager now but if I work hard, I can get into top management.

Look at companies now. Any of the previouse reasons we worked for them in the past are now gone. Working for yourself means more risk, long hours, and lots of stress. But if you do well, you can make a lot of money. Well hell, you deal with all of that in a regular job now, so I went to work for myself. Much happier; even though, it can be a pain.

Millermoos
09-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks for messages,
yes I would like to have a Mac instead of a PC I am currently saving a pound a day so that one day I will be able to buy one.
I am thinking to push forward my own work some of you said about setting up your own buisness I am checking out ebay cos a friend of mine is making good money seeling clothes and I am glad to hear some of you are happy with their jobs. I had a cool job few years ago it was working in a theatre both the manager and the stuff there where really nice unfortunately it wasn't a stable job and the pay was very low and they shut down the theatre. In my current job the managers are really bad so on one hand I like the job I just don't like dealing with the managers .
Why do you think many companies have become so corporate and things are not getting better but worst. I have lots of friends who are older then me that say that in the 60 and 70 things where better. Is this true?Or is it just a way of saying?What happened to the countercultures?
Millermoss

Seshmeister
09-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
where the fuck is ally???

and millermoos, get a mac.

http://www.ukdragon.com/b3ta/takeitallbitchoohah.gif

thome
09-30-2005, 08:05 PM
I got fired today, forgot to rinse the mop bucket out last night.

I need a place to stay . Got all my stuff packed .

:p

thome
09-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by thome
I got fired today, forgot to rinse the mop bucket out last night.

I need a place to stay . Got all my stuff packed .

:p Work Suks, heres a recent photo:

Ps Im not alowed around Guns or sharp things, freekin oparole board

Dan
09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by thome
Work Suks, heres a recent photo:

HaHa,great picture.

Ps Im not alowed around Guns or sharp things, freekin oparole board