PDA

View Full Version : Charles Manson

Terry
09-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Have always had an interest in Manson, the Family and the whole Tate-LaBianca thing. Mostly because Manson is obviously out of his gourd, but just find the whole story really interesting. No, I'm not a serial killer, don't condone murder and do find the killings reprehensible. But even just reading Manson's interviews and transcripts from various court and parole hearings, I'm just fascinated by his logic (or lack thereof). Am definitely not a Helter Skelter groupie. Would never think about writing to him or other incarcerated Family members, but the man is so whacked that I'm curious about what makes him tick/how his mind works.

ALinChainz
09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I watch all the documentaries on the subject and "Helter Skelter" every time it comes on.

I like seeing the parole hearings also.

It is interesting shit.

thome
09-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Thats how he gets you same as Jim Jones same as David Coresh

Just remember hes not interesting he is sick in the worst way possible.

Nitro Express
09-28-2005, 02:06 AM
I had to do a huge report on Hitler when I was in college. That dude was one complicated man. I just came to the conclusion some people just are evil.

Nitro Express
09-28-2005, 02:09 AM
The sad thing about Hitler was the man was a hell of a visionary. A person with his kind of skills could have done a lot of good but then again, you can use those skills against people too.

Hardrock69
09-28-2005, 02:20 AM
A more recent deviant asshole serial killer is the BTK dude in Wichita, Kansas.

I read an article just yesterday about how his defense attorney wound up suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, as she had to spend hours every day with the guy for weeks on end, and of course she had to go over each crime...seeing the crime scene photos and all the evidence...

She said it would have been easier if the fucker had been so obviously evil, but here was a guy who seemed so fucking normal who thought nothing about murdering people in cold blood and then going home to his wife and 2 kids...

DavidLeeNatra
09-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The sad thing about Hitler was the man was a hell of a visionary. A person with his kind of skills could have done a lot of good but then again, you can use those skills against people too.

hitler was only a man of hell...

Beauvoir
09-28-2005, 09:02 AM
The Charles Manson situation is actually alot more complicated than what you read in a book like "HELTER SKELTER".

There are at least 30 different books written about the case and they don't all subscribe to the whole "failed musician attempts race war to rule the world".

And if you want to talk about sick individuals, let's talk about Tex Watson and Susan Atkins (you know, the ones who murdered Sharon Tate) who both now run ministries from prison asking for money from people!

Now that's sick!

Igosplut
09-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I did this a while back here.....

The weekly serial killer thread (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=16047#post16047)

Dirty Duck
09-28-2005, 10:33 AM
The Son Of Sam and The Zodiac were the creepiest in my book...

Matt White
09-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Geraldo did an EXCELLENT interview with Charlie in the late '80s....

A very controlled interview, which allowed you to see his mental illness...

He started out asking him very specific Yes or No questions...which CHarlie could answer in a coherent manner...

BUT...when the questions became more open-ended...Charlie started talking CRAZY SHIT.....

The sad thing is...in the MId-1960's, Charlie wanted to STAY in prison......

And I never bought the HELTER-SKELTER routine....hadn't SEBRING burned CHarlie on an Acid deal? Or was it the former owner of the TAte home? I think the killings were in retaliation to the Drug deal that went wrong.......Fucking Hippies!!!:mad:

Hardrock69
09-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Remember Chilluns!!!

Uncle Charlie Loves You!
:D

Hardrock69
09-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Uncle Charlie On Acid....

His brain is melting!!!
:eek:

Matt White
09-28-2005, 11:41 AM
HAHA!!!

ALinChainz
09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Geraldo did an EXCELLENT interview with Charlie in the late '80s....

A very controlled interview, which allowed you to see his mental illness...

He started out asking him very specific Yes or No questions...which CHarlie could answer in a coherent manner...

BUT...when the questions became more open-ended...Charlie started talking CRAZY SHIT.....

The sad thing is...in the MId-1960's, Charlie wanted to STAY in prison......

And I never bought the HELTER-SKELTER routine....hadn't SEBRING burned CHarlie on an Acid deal? Or was it the former owner of the TAte home? I think the killings were in retaliation to the Drug deal that went wrong.......Fucking Hippies!!!:mad:

He did a pretty good one too with Diane Sawyer, can't remember the year.

He was pretty graphic and kept referring to her as "woman".

Matt White
09-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Yup...Charlie is coo-coo for Coco-Puffs!!!

Terry
09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Granted there is much more to the story than one will get outta Helter Skelter.

Guess people like Manson, Hitler and the like just hold my interest and attention more so than, say, the sex of talentless Jennifer Garner's baby.

Nitro Express
09-28-2005, 07:35 PM
You suffer from bad boy syndrome.

Matt White
09-28-2005, 10:27 PM
THe "New" Singer & bass player!!!

Matt White
09-28-2005, 10:27 PM
A few of 'em are looki' a "little long in the tooth"!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!