PDA

View Full Version : Air America Radio Makes Email Pitch for Cash

BigBadBrian
09-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Air America Radio Makes Email Pitch for Cash
By Nathan Burchfiel
CNSNews.com Correspondent
September 23, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - The liberal Air America Radio network this week announced the launch of a fundraising project to help its struggling programs expand into more markets.

In an e-mail to supporters, the network announced the Air America Associates program, which encourages donors to give $50, $100 or $250 to the company.

"When we launched the Air America Radio network one year ago," the e-mail states, "the country was being talked to death by conservative zealots like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and others."

Since its launch in March 2004, Air America has expanded from 16 stations to 70 stations, and states in the e-mail that it now covers 60 percent of the U.S. media market.

"To continue this great success story and start shaping the national debate the way that Right Wing talk radio does every day," the e-mail explains, "we've got to reach into every community in this country. We know we can't achieve this next stage of growth without significant help from you, our loyal listeners."

Air America donors receive bumper stickers and tote bags, depending on the amount of their donation. They will also receive a subscription to a newsletter from the network.

The network recently came under fire for a financial scandal that ended with the network agreeing to repay more than $875,000 to the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club in New York.

Ratings for Air America programs, such as the one anchored by comedian Al Franken, remain low compared with the conservative-themed offerings from Limbaugh and Hannity. In New York City, the number one radio market in the country and where Air America broadcasts on WLIB, ratings have slipped in the past year.

In this age of the Internet, program subscriptions are not uncommon in talk radio. Limbaugh's faithful "dittoheads" can spend $49.95 for a one-year subscription to the "Rush 24/7" club, which allows customers access to audio and video streams of his show as well as archives and other special features on his website.

Link (http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=%5CCulture%5Carchive%5C200509 %5CCUL20050923a.html)

Warham
09-28-2005, 04:11 PM
I wonder when was the last time Limbaugh had to beg for money via e-mail.

FORD
09-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Warham

No, he just begs for oxycontin on the street.

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 04:35 PM
No he doesn't...

Dude, the Oxycontin thing is yesterday's news...

Limbaugh recovered admirably...

Get over it...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
09-28-2005, 04:36 PM

He's not begging the public for "cabbage," but he's sure begging doctors for "baby blues.":)

FORD
09-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
No he doesn't...

Get over it...

Have you heard the jackass lately? He's definitely on SOMETHING.

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
No...

I thought you didn't listen to Rush, ever...

Warham
09-28-2005, 04:40 PM
FORD loves Rush. He just can't admit it. Most liberals will listen to Rush before they listen to Al Franken or any of those other bores over at AA.

Nickdfresh
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
No he doesn't...

Get over it...

Yes, actually it was in the news yesterday.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20050927-1624-limbaugh-painkillers.html

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Air Anonymous ??

FORD
09-28-2005, 04:45 PM
FORD loves Rush. He just can't admit it. Most liberals will listen to Rush before they listen to Al Franken or any of those other bores over at AA.

I couldn't even tell you what station Limpdick is on in this market anymore. But there's enough clips linked at DU or played on Air America to keep track of his drug addicted pimple infected ass.

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Yes, actually it was in the news yesterday.

Keeping track, I see...

Keep it up, Rush is here to stay...

Republican '08 !!

FORD
09-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Isn't funny how CNS "News" stories never get picked up by any legitimate news media?

FORD
09-28-2005, 04:50 PM

In this age of the Internet, program subscriptions are not uncommon in talk radio. Limbaugh's faithful "dittoheads" can spend $49.95 for a one-year subscription to the "Rush 24/7" club, which allows customers access to audio and video streams of his show as well as archives and other special features on his website.

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 04:53 PM
By CK Rairden (http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_2726940.shtml)

Sep 28, 2005

Liberal radio may be in trouble. The base of the liberal radio movement, Air America, is now asking for PBS style donations on its web site. Are they really in that type of financial trouble?

Is this thing on the brink of collapse?

World Net Daily reports that the network, featuring voices including Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo, has developed a program where people become "associate" members by contributing cash.

On its website, Air America lists the benefits of membership, stating, "In return for your help, we'll send you a monthly Associates insider e-mail with the backstage news from our shows and our headquarters. When we take Air America Radio on the road, we'll invite you to meet our hosts and progressive leaders in your community.

The prizes are far worse than any PBS gives out on its cash drives.

--For $50 a listener/part owner of Air America gets "three official Air America Radio bumper stickers."

-- The web site offer for a C-Note, "with your gift of $100 or more, a stylin' yet functional tote bag"

-- For a mere $250 Al Franken will say your name on air. "With your gift of $250 or more, our hosts and staff will personally thank you at this level of giving on AirAmericaRadio.com and on the air."

What a sad commentary on the stability of Air America.

And someone, somewhere had to know the heat they would take from conservatives once this leaked out of the left-wing echo chamber.

I cannot recall any news/talk outlet begging for cash this way.

If the left wing hate-mongers won't support this outlet in the fifth year of President Bush, I'm guessing this thing is on the brink of collapse.

Has anyone started a "last day Air America broadcasts" pool yet?

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by FORD

That's entirely different asswipe...

Air Sucks America is finished...

Count the days...

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Click! (https://secure.airamericaradio.com/)

Warham
09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Liberal radio has never worked. I don't know why Al Franken would think otherwise.

FORD
09-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Liberal radio has never worked. I don't know why Al Franken would think otherwise.

Al Franken is a good example of what should NOT be on the radio. He's too mellow, the pace of his show is boring, and he gives air time to a friend to recite right wing talking points.

Jerry Springer is almost as bad. I'm guessing he's restraining himself on purpose, so his radio show doesn't get compared to his infamous TV program.

Air America needs to have programming such as Randi Rhodes, Mike Malloy, and the Majority Report on during peak talk radio hours. These are the shows that aren't afraid to speak the truth against the BCE, and as such, can take on the Limpdicks and Hannitys of the world pound for pound.

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Jerry Springer is the best show on Air America, with Malloy as a close second...

Randi Rhodes is nauseating and filthy...

FORD
09-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Jerry Springer is the best show on Air America, with Malloy as a close second...

You actually listen to Mike Malloy? :confused:

And yet you continue to buy into BCE bullshit?

ELVIS
09-28-2005, 05:14 PM
He's great for a laugh...:D

DrMaddVibe
09-29-2005, 07:04 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27840

Nitro Express
09-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Ever notice that Rush started losing a lot of wiegh when Al Franken came out with the book Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot? Rush probably got addicted to the opiates to compensate for his food addiction.

All I know is Rush is probably smoking an expensive Cuban cigar in his Palm Beach estate laughing at Al Franken because the dude has screwed his career so badly.

Hey, I like Al. He was one of the best writers for Saturday Night Live but when he got involved in politics and wrote insulting Michael Moore type books, he made powerful enemies. Now he looks like a fool. Should have stayed with the comedy Al and stayed away from the mean, bashing, politics. The dude has to be hating life right now.

FORD
09-29-2005, 04:00 PM
The fact that Mush even smokes Cuban cigars is proof that he's a fucking hypocrite.

If I remember correctly, they are still illegal, under the terms of a trade boycott instituted by his Republican friends.

Keeyth
09-29-2005, 05:31 PM
The fact that Mush even smokes Cuban cigars is proof that he's a fucking hypocrite.

If I remember correctly, they are still illegal, under the terms of a trade boycott instituted by his Republican friends.

Oh, but you forget. Laws don't apply to Republicans...

4moreyears
09-29-2005, 10:08 PM
No he doesn't...

Get over it...

Does that mean we can still discuss the merits of Monica Lewinsky's service in the White House?

4moreyears
09-29-2005, 10:09 PM

What kind did Clinton smoke? Oh yea he never smoked them, just shoved them in some ugly fat whores pussy.

Nickdfresh
09-29-2005, 10:10 PM

I thought he was a great guitarist personally.

FORD
09-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
What kind did Clinton smoke? Oh yea he never smoked them, just shoved them in some ugly fat whores pussy.

Yeah.... remember when that was the biggest crisis in the country?

Those were good times. Damn good times.......

Nitro Express
09-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Rush is an egomaniac. I never liked him. Yup, he believes if you work hard and get the right breaks, you can smoke your Monte Cristo #5 cigars nomatter what the law says. So he can do up some perscription pain killers too. Hell, Rush probably tokes some expensive hash too. I'm sure Al Franken does the same because SNL was a drug orgy. Heck, Franken probably was snorting some lines off Limbaugh's fat ass when Rush farted and it pissed Al off.

Keeyth
09-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah.... remember when that was the biggest crisis in the country?

Those were good times. Damn good times.......

Exactly... ...and furthermore, the fact that we could waste an entire year digging up all that crap about Clinton, who merely had a harmless personal affair with some intern, and yet not look into the MAJOR allegations leveled by so many against Bush, is an INSANE act of denial on the part of this country and clearly evidence of an elaborate cover up by this administration on many levels.

Why do people ignore this point? :confused:

BigBadBrian
09-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Exactly... ...and furthermore, the fact that we could waste an entire year digging up all that crap about Clinton, who merely had a harmless personal affair with some intern, and yet not look into the MAJOR allegations leveled by so many against Bush, is an INSANE act of denial on the part of this country and clearly evidence of an elaborate cover up by this administration on many levels.

Why do people ignore this point? :confused:

The point is you think Clinton's actions were harmless.

That makes you an idiot.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
09-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

That makes you an idiot.

Well, he did ruin a perfectly good dress. I could see how that would upset you.

Keeyth
09-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

That makes you an idiot.

As far as him banging the intern??? Yes I do think that was harmless. Who got killed from that? Who, except maybe the ice queen Hilary and daughter Chelsea even got hurt by it? No one, that's who.

Anyone get no-bid Billion Dollar contracts out of it? No. Anyone go to war and get killed because of his lies? No. Anyone lose an entire city and the Gulf Region in general because he cut funding to pay for fucking the intern? No.

Relatively harmless I'd say.

4moreyears
09-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
As far as him banging the intern??? Yes I do think that was harmless. Who got killed from that? Who, except maybe the ice queen Hilary and daughter Chelsea even got hurt by it? No one, that's who.

Anyone get no-bid Billion Dollar contracts out of it? No. Anyone go to war and get killed because of his lies? No. Anyone lose an entire city and the Gulf Region in general because he cut funding to pay for fucking the intern? No.

Relatively harmless I'd say.

I guess the local people in New Orleans had nothing to do with it. I do not hear of people in Mississippi or Alabama bitching about this. Why because most of them were smart enough to leave.

Keeyth
09-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
I guess the local people in New Orleans had nothing to do with it. I do not hear of people in Mississippi or Alabama bitching about this. Why because most of them were smart enough to leave.

Listen 4moronyears, the local people in New Orleans had nothing to do with the Chimpresident cutting the funding to reinforce the levees so that he could finance his illegal and immoral war for oil.

And you don't hear the people in Mississippi or Alabama bitching? Open your ears and dig a little deeper. The only reason it's not front page news is that N.O. is the bigger story and the sensationalist media only goes for the biggest dramatic flair du jour.