PDA

View Full Version : College Football Saturday--October 1, 2005

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 06:49 PM
First game...Michigan upends Michigan State in OT...and it was actually an interesting game to watch!

wasn't rooting for the Wolves...but wasn't rooting against them...

oh...WTF am I talking about...of course I was rooting against them...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Hart attack sparks Wolverines over No. 11 Spartans in OT
Oct. 1, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Mike Hart's return and Garrett Rivas' redemption gave Michigan a win it desperately needed.

Hart ran for 218 yards and a touchdown in his first game back from an injury, and Rivas made up for missing a field goal in the final minute of regulation by kicking a 35-yarder in overtime to give the Wolverines a 34-31 win over No. 11 Michigan State on Saturday.

"All I wanted was another chance," Rivas said. "Luckily, overtime went our way and we were able to get another shot."

John Goss narrowly missed a 37-yard field goal in overtime and didn't connect on a 23-yard attempt early in the fourth quarter that would have given the Spartans their only lead.

"I have no excuses for how I did," Goss said with watery eyes. "I feel bad for letting my teammates down."

Hart's return from a hamstring injury after missing two-plus games allowed the Wolverines (3-2, 1-1 Big Ten) to avoid their worst start since 1967.

"I'll never forget this day," Michigan coach Lloyd Carr said.

Coach John L. Smith hopes the Spartans don't either.

"It hurts real bad, and it should hurt," Smith said. "I hope the players feel it and I hope they don't forget the feeling."

Drew Stanton was 20-of-30 for 282 yards with a TD pass and an interception for the Spartans (4-1, 1-1), who lost their fourth straight game in the rivalry.

"They just outplayed us," Stanton said. "They made fewer mistakes."

The Wolverines were ranked as high as third but losses to Notre Dame and Wisconsin dropped them out of the poll for the first time since 1998, snapping the nation's longest streak of 114-straight poll appearances.

The Spartans were in the Top 25 and Michigan was not -- and Michigan State was the favorite -- in the annual matchup for the first time since 1968, the year before Bo Schembechler began coaching the Wolverines.

"When Michigan State is ranked ahead of you and you're Michigan, it's not good. That's pressure in itself," Hart said. "We were 2-2. That's pressure within itself.

"We don't ever lose three games a year. If we lost three, what would that make us look like? We knew it was a must-win."

Last year, Michigan State had a 27-10 lead against Michigan with 8:43 left before losing in triple overtime.

The Wolverines led by 14 twice in the first half on Saturday and were ahead 24-21 at halftime after both teams combined for 610 yards of offense.

After a flawless first half in which Michigan's Chad Henne threw three TD passes without a turnover, his interception led to a game-tying field goal early in the third quarter and his fumble midway through the fourth was returned 74 yards by defensive tackle Domata Peko for a TD, knotting the game at 31. Henne's fumble stood after a replay.

Rivas missed a 27-yard field goal to the right with 48 seconds left, but with no timeouts left, the Spartans couldn't get past midfield.

Henne was 26-of-35 for 256 yards. Jason Avant caught 10 passes for 96 yards and a TD.

Facing a crossroads, the Wolverines started and finished well.

"It was a great win," Hart said. "Everyone was doubting us."

Michigan went ahead 14-0 after its first two possessions on Avant's leaping, 2-yard catch in the corner of the end zone and Mario Manningham's 43-yard reception.

After two stalled drives and with momentum firmly on the Wolverines' side, Michigan State converted two third downs and made it 14-7 on Stanton's 4-yard run.

The Spartans were driving deep when a halfback pass by Jerramy Scott was intercepted at Michigan's 4 by Willis Barringer, whose fumble was recovered by the Wolverines on a play that stood after a replay.

Michigan State was called for roughing the kicker on the ensuing possession. The Wolverines decided to take the points off the scoreboard, and the move paid off when Henne threw a 5-yard pass to Brian Thompson for a 21-7 lead.

Jehuu Caulcrick's 1-yard run for the Spartans made it 21-14 midway through the second quarter and they tied the game on their next possession on Stanton's 61-yard pass to Kerry Reed.

Rivas' 20-yard field goal with 9 seconds left in the half put Michigan ahead 24-21.

The Wolverines were without receiver and kick returner Steve Breaston because of an undisclosed injury, but Hart's return more than made up for it.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Holy fuck...welcome back Alafuckingbama...handing the fucking Florida faggots their assholes...

31-3...

I'll bet you fucking Brownsound is covered in his own jizz...

oh fuck I hate being a visual person...

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Hopefully SC can hang on here.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:05 PM
??????

I'm not paying attention here...are they playing a close game?

Or are they only up by 20?

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Holy Shit...24-21!!!!!

Now that...my friends...is interesting...

you know Brett...

wrning is gearing up for some retorts...

I honestly think...the only team that can beat USC is UCLA...

they have a good offense that could put up some numbers...and of course...the rivalry...

We shall see...

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Dude they were down 21-3 at the half, it's 24-21 and ASU is driving.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Man, I can't believe that Alabama score...

Mike Shula just became a fucking hero in Tuscaloosa...

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Jesus Christ...Leinart has no TD's...and USC has 2 100 yard rushers...

they can do it in so many fucking ways...

watching now...

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Not watching...lmfao...what's happening?

watching fucking Robots for the 10th time today.

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:13 PM
6 minutes to win it now.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow...never thought this would happen...close game I mean...we shall see...28-24...ASU...

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:21 PM
We just scored, 31-28....damn it too fast!! 3:44 left.

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Um holy shit that was a crazy INT.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:29 PM
That SHOULD be the game...we'll see though...

great game...

I know there are people in Texas and fucking Virginia that are really fucking pissed off right now...

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:30 PM
38-28 now.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Penn State rolled the fuck over Minnesota...

hmmm...

Penn State and Alabama...back in prominence...

PSU will be ranked next week...

Guitar Shark
10-01-2005, 07:33 PM
USC seriously has the best college offense I've ever seen.

POJO_Risin
Well...another game with a deep breath...

you know Brett, the funny thing about it is that this will prepare them more for a national title than close games...

Brett
They did not play well today at all, that was the first half was the worst ever.

Unreal how well they ran today, and Leinart had a so-so game...no picks though.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I totally agree Shark...totally agree...

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Okay, Penn State 5-0...has OSU rolling into town next week...

a 7:45 game...

Penn State has a shot to bounce right into the National Title picture...and knock OSU completely out...

Can OldPa pull it out of his wrinkled ass?

or will OSU bury them into mediocrity?

we shall see...

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Well they weren't going to roll everyone and they had the same problem in Game 4 last year against Stanford....had to come from way back and won 31-28. Same type of game today, but ASU is a better team.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:39 PM
ASU is far better...I agree...a big win...

like I said...UCLA is probably the one game ON the schedule to keep an eye out for...

BrownSound1
10-01-2005, 07:46 PM
ROLL MUTHAFUCKIN' TIDE!!!!!

I did catch a bit of USC/ASU. ASU has a shitty defense....they let LSU come back on them.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Actually...they let USC come back on them you spooge covered piece of shit...

Brett
10-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Good win. I'll take it.

ALinChainz
10-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Best offense ever?

I don't know ... been watching for a long time ... Nebraska used to average a good 54 a game in '83 I believe ...

But USC is damn good, no doubt.

Guitar Shark
10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Good win. I'll take it.

LOL.. a shitty first half and they still end up with 631 yards of total offense?

Yeah, you better take it. :D

Brett
10-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Damn they rolled up 409 in the second half then. Not even sure they did that against Arkansas in either half.

I actually thought the defense played well, I mean they got winded there for a while and gave up the TD in the 4th, but ASU has a good offense. Shit defense kept them in it for a long while.

I also think Leinart wasn't right in there, he definitely got his bell rung. He made some poor decisions and he was very inaccurate. But he played mistake-free and led them down the field a couple times to win it.

Believe me I was pretty fucking nervous at 21-3 and not looking good.

If there is an offense that is more dynamic in college football, I've never seen it. Nebraska never could run and pass like this team. Shit Nebraska probably threw 3 forward passes all year. :)

conmee
10-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Nothing like having ND, 'Bama, and PennSt back where they belong... USC and ND will actually have some significance next week... but damn... USC looks unstoppable in the 2nd half the last two weeks.

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

BrownSound1
10-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Actually...they let USC come back on them you spooge covered piece of shit...

First game of the season they let LSU come back and beat them. Now again it happens with USC. Christ I didn't think I'd have to draw it in crayon for you. Like I said, their defence sucks. I'd like to see USC go up against a good defensive team for a change.

conmee
10-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Actually in two weeks... ND has a bye...

I can't remember the last time ND scored 49 or more points... could be a high scoring game against USC in a couple weeks.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
First game of the season they let LSU come back and beat them. Now again it happens with USC. Christ I didn't think I'd have to draw it in crayon for you. Like I said, their defence sucks. I'd like to see USC go up against a good defensive team for a change.

Who Alabama? Yeah OK, maybe we'll only get 45 on them.

You SEC guys think your teams play incredible D, yet ASU rolled up yardage on LSU, SC rolled up school records on Arkansas. Well you play 1950's offense, so whatever.

The SEC is so fucking overrated it's sickening. It would be nice if you guys had to go up against some real offenses for a change. I can imgaine you good ole boys trying to draw plays in the sand to stop Reggie Bush. :)

SC's beaten all comers. We've played plenty of good defensive teams. Jesus dude they've won 26 games in a row, it's not luck and 26 bad defenses. Sorry.

Brett
10-02-2005, 02:23 AM
USC/Notre Dame finally meaning something is very cool. Looking forward to it. Need to not look past a shitty Arizona team first.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by conmee
Nothing like having ND, 'Bama, and PennSt back where they belong...

PSU's offense wasn't very highly regarded, but this year's recruiting class is really paying off, with freshmen WR's Williams and King making a big difference for Robinson at QB...

Having said that, we'll just see how good they are against a very good OSU defense next week...

It's at Happy Valley, so at least that's in their favor....

Mr. Vengeance
10-02-2005, 01:27 PM
A week to get reasdy for USC should help the Irish, but they need to get that defense working better. I'm happy with the progress of the Irish.

Here's my prediction- if th Irish pull of a huge win vs. USC, people will say that USC was overated...if USC wins, people weill say ND was overated. It's a given.

Brett
10-02-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't think anyone thinks USC is overrated dude, give me a break. If ND wins, they win. It will be one of the school's biggest wins in a long time, and hardly against an overrated team. It will be against best runs in a long time in college football.

SC is expected to win, ND is not. Nobody is going to say they're overrated if they don't beat a team that's won 26 in a row.

Nice to see Penn St. back but Joe Pa still needs to retire.

It is good to see some of the traditional powers back this year....Alabama, ND, and Penn St. Great for the game.

conmee
10-02-2005, 02:19 PM
I agree that USC isn't overrated... but check out this twisted logic...

In general, there are the usual detractors, the haters, the East Coast biases, the ND biases, hell, the guys in the Harris Poll voting for teams like Idaho... lmao...

What I think is that there will be a group of USC haters/doubters that will raise the "overrated" flag IF the Irish pull off an upset... and it will come down to excuse-making, "Oh, the USC defense is still banged up... once again, USC didn't get on track in first half, and just couldn't catch up..." and of course, I could pick a dozen people off the street that think ND is overrated or that they are about 5-10 spots higher in the poll just because... well, just because the Irish are the Irish...

But this is just a testament to how good USC is and how improved ND is over what was expected of them. I think USC is getting to the point where they are the successful team everyone wants to hate... they still have a huge bandwagon, but teams like USC, ND, 'Bama, PennSt, Michigan... when they are successful, and especially for a good amount of time, the average fan and the haters will come out against them. And the media loves to fuel the fire...

So I could see some of what Vengeance is talking about... but in reality... I haven't seen anyone doubt that USC belongs where it's at... they've won with offense/defense/special teams as needed, they've beaten great competition, 26 wins in a row, like Brett pointed out, couldn't have been against all shitty teams or pure luck...

And I think in the end, at near mid-season, the polls have adjusted pretty well to reality... pretenders drop, contenders rise, losers are penalized and winners are rewarded....

So the only people that will say USC is overrated in a loss are the haters, and the only people that will say ND is overrated with a loss or a win are the usual 90% of the population across all generations who've had to put up with the ND tradition for oh, the past 125 years.... lmao...

Either way, I'm looking forward to a good game.

GO IRISH!!!
ROLL TIDE!!!

Icon.

Fairwrning
10-02-2005, 02:43 PM
USC proved 2 things yesterday
1) They can be beat
2) they cant be beat...score at will when necessary...scary..

BrownSound1
10-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Who Alabama? Yeah OK, maybe we'll only get 45 on them.

You SEC guys think your teams play incredible D, yet ASU rolled up yardage on LSU, SC rolled up school records on Arkansas. Well you play 1950's offense, so whatever.

The SEC is so fucking overrated it's sickening. It would be nice if you guys had to go up against some real offenses for a change. I can imgaine you good ole boys trying to draw plays in the sand to stop Reggie Bush. :)

SC's beaten all comers. We've played plenty of good defensive teams. Jesus dude they've won 26 games in a row, it's not luck and 26 bad defenses. Sorry.

You are crazy. I'll give them that it is a feat to win 26 in a row...even if bad calls gave them a couple of games. However, who do they play week in and week out.

First off Arkansas is a bottom of the barrel SEC team. Big freakin' deal that you beat them. They thought they could come out of the highly touted SWC and roll over everyone in the SEC. They haven't rolled yet.

Check USC's record against SEC teams...what are they 3 and 7? Admit it, USC plays no one of consequence. You have two tough games and then you are finished.

You folks have the same mentality that the Miami fans had in '92. Their "high powered" offense surely couldn't be stopped by the likes of a 'Bama defense. Same thing I heard about Urban Meyer's spread offense, just prior to this game.

Reggie Bush my ass. You think he's better than the backs that have come out of the SEC? Nigga pleeze.

This is exactly why Division 1A needs a playoff system.

conmee
10-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Oh no! hahahaha

I'm seeing the fur fly and disrespect bein' served up... haha

I know you're fired up about the 'Bama comment, Brown my brother, but why you takin' it out on Reggie and LenDale... those two brothers looked good yesterday... and Reggie was on fire against Oregon... lol

I'm no USC fan (no hater either)... but I give 'em a little credit. lol

Maybe we need a separate USC thread... Brett could have his hands full the remainder of the year... lol

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!! (1-4 and Wyoming hammered my Runnin' Rebels)

Icon.

Mr. Vengeance
10-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm not suggesting USC IS overated by any means. I think conmee summed it up that the haters will find a way to claim USC is overated rather than give ND any credit if ND pulls this game out.

Brett
10-02-2005, 03:53 PM
BS1, you SEC fuckers make me nauseous, we laugh at you I hope you know that. Bama is 5-0 and all of sudden you guys have delusions of grandeur. LOL. What did you guys score on Arkansas, 24 points?? Yeah you really rolled up on that second tier team huh? :rolleyes: Must be that great offense you guys play down there.

And give me a break with SC is all offense. Dude they had one of the best defenses in the country last year (what #2 against the rush), and they have been decent this year, and actually play teams with REAL offenses every week. Teams that run real schemes, not hand the ball off tackle and call stupid post patterns every pass play. You SEC guys play 1950's offense. It's funny how when a Pac-10 coordinator goes to the SEC with a real offensive philosophy that Auburn rolled up points and went 13-0 last year. Amazing isn't it? You guys are so archaic and so living in the past, it's sick. SC would smack the shit out of Alabama, and any other SEC team. These SC teams are nothing like those Miami teams. We've got players on both sides of the ball. Want to talk about all the first and early round NFL picks that have come from the USC defense the last 3 years?

What real teams hasn't SC played? What Florida? LSU? Tennessee? Oh please, those teams have looked like shit against inferior opponents, and hell LSU had trouble with fucking Oregon St. their title year. Over the last 3 1/2 years, we've played ranked teams from EVERY fucking conference and beaten all of them. You want a run down? Fuck Alabama hadn't beaten a Top 5 team at home in 23 fucking years dude until yesterday. How fucking sad is that?

Oh you want SC's all-time record against the SEC, I can gladly oblige, I have my media guide right here.

Here we go:

Alabama 2-5
Arkansas 3-1
Auburn 2-1
Florida 0-1-1
Georgia 3-0
LSU 1-1
South Carolina 1-1
Tennessee 4-0

So what's that, 16-10. Yeah they've really stunk it up against the SEC. Oh and the Alabama games are all pre-1980 except one in 1985 in some shitty Aloha Bowl. Also take note that USC has played TWO SEC teams in the last 20 years, and that was Auburn in 2003 (23-0) and Arkansas this year (70-17). I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse.

Brett
10-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I'm not suggesting USC IS overated by any means. I think conmee summed it up that the haters will find a way to claim USC is overated rather than give ND any credit if ND pulls this game out.

Dude we know better. You win, you get all the credit in the world from me.

Haters will be haters.

Brett
10-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh and BS1, SC doesn't run that predictable, retarded WAC-shit spread offense, so what do I care what Florida and Urban Meyer is doing? Go watch some more USC games and then get back to me.

conmee
10-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Now we're talkin'!!!!! lol

Props to my Chargers, btw... 41-17 thrashing of the Champs in New England... Maybe this is the year a team that starts 0-2 wins their conference and gets into the playoffs... lol

Back to college...

Alot of what Brett says about running offenses and schemes, etc, is what will make the USC-ND game probably the best game of the year, period. An NFL defensive coordinator and head coach v. an offensive coordinator having 4 Super Bowl rings leading the offense for Parcells and Belichick... I think we'll see a chess match in this game between Weis and Carroll, and it will be which team executes the gameplan better who ends up with the win. Can't wait!

ND pretty much had winning records against every opponent they've played multiple times... that is until Davie and Willingham came to town... since then the Irish have a losing record against UM and have major losses to Pac-10 teams like Oregon State and crappy ACC teams like NC State. Here's some interesting records:

ND-USC - 42-29-5 (now this is a rivalry... 5 TIES!!!!)
ND-Michigan - 14-18-1 (bastards)
ND-MSU - 43-25-1
ND v. 'Bama - 5-1-0
ND v. AZ - 2-1-0
ND v. ASU - 2-0-0
ND v. CAL - 4-0-0
ND v. Florida - 1-0-0
ND v. FSU - 3-4-0
ND v. LSU - 5-4-0
ND v. Miami - 15-7-1
ND v. OK - 8-1-0
ND v. PenSt - 8-8-1 (another good rivalry if they played more)
ND v. Tenn - 3-4-0
ND v. Texas - 8-2-0

The only Pac-10 team that ND has a losing record against is 0-1 against Oregon State (that 2000 Fiesta Bowl debacle.. thanks Bob!). And in terms of traditional powers, only Michigan, FSU, and Tennessee have winning records against Notre Dame, but it's close.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

BrownSound1
10-03-2005, 02:38 AM
BS1, you SEC fuckers make me nauseous

Vice Versa Brett.

My team still has more national championships (at this point) than your team so neener neener neener.

As far as Auburn's offensive coordinator...gee let's see, let's use Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown to run the goddamn football. Then we'll pass using play action. Nothing new there Slick. Auburn's improvement had more to do with their QB finally getting his head out of his ass and not taking sacks and not throwing interceptions.

By the way, that Top 5 thing you're referring too with Alabama was for Bryant-Denny stadium only. They used to play at least half of all home games at Legion Field in Birmingham, up until a few years ago. I don't know if that stat applied there or not...but they specifically said Bryant-Denny. I think it is a surprising stat, especially considering how many championships have been won.

Look you can talk all that noise about archaic offenses you want, but the fact is the SEC has had more bowl wins than any other conference. With the mighty Crimson Tide leading all schools in the nation in bowl wins and appearances. Downright cavemanish.

POJO_Risin
10-03-2005, 03:02 AM
1. If ND beats USC...there isn't one college fan of note that can say USC is overrated. Not this team, and not a team that has won this many games in a row. If Notre Dame wins, they'll be lauded as back for good.

2. If USC beats ND, now way people say ND is overrated...but I agree most will say, "No way they coulda won..."

3. Can we stop talking about the past here with conferences and wins and all that bullshit? I have to put up with Wolverqueens talking about how they've won the most games ever in college football history, and we all know where that gets them this year...a loss to OSU, and Lloyd Carr in the unemployment line.

Alabama looked damn good this week, but, until they sustain it, I'm not going to hold my breath on how good they are. I was impressed with their ass handing to Florida...but I'd almost expect Florida, with their new offense, to fold against a supremely well coached defense in Alabama.

as far as the SEC vs. the Pac 10...well...I think the SEC THIS YEAR is extremely overrated in overall talent. I'm not thrilled with the Pac-10 either, but, know nothing about those teams...so fuck it.

I do know that it's fucking fun as hell to see a top 10 that looks like this...

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Virginia Tech
4. Florida State
5. Georgia
6. Ohio State
7. Alabama
8. Tennessee
9. Miami (Fl)
10. Cal

Now...you do have to ask yourself...what would this poll be like...if they didn't have a top 25 until after the fifth week?...like they should. Pre-Rankings are gay.

I think you'd have

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Virginia Tech
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Florida State
7. Cal
8. Wisconsin
9. Penn State
10. Ohio State

I only put OSU at 10 because their 1 loss is against the #2 ranked team in the land...although you'd have to look at a couple of other teams...

Brett
10-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Cal doesn't deserve to be Top 10 right now that's for sure, they've beaten no one.

BrownSound1
10-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I agree that this year the SEC is a bit shaky. Tennessee, who is the most overrated SEC team week in and week out, is at the top of the list. Heck, I even question 'Bama's Top 10 ranking to a degree. We simply don't have the depth due to loss of scholarships to sanctions from the past couple of years.

Georgia, they are probably pretty decent, but I haven't watched a single game of theirs. They usually have a good bit of talent.

Florida always has some great atheletes, but I questioned them being a Top 10 team after the Tennessee game. Sure they stuck it to Kentucky big time, but it's fookin' Kentucky.

Auburn....who gives a shit. LOL

Vanderbilt...well they got off to a good start, and they beat Ole Miss and Arkansas. However, that isn't saying much. Vandy got smacked by Middle Tennessee State for Christ's sake.

Arkansas...sucking ass right now. They did play Alabama hard, but they always do regardless of their record.

Ole Miss...only good with a Manning at QB.

Miss. State...got a long road ahead to get back to the bruising school they used to be.

LSU...I don't know how to rate them. One minute I think they are good and the next I think they suck.

South Carolina...umm, give 'em about 2 or 3 years. They will either start winning or Spurrier will bolt.

So there is actually how I feel this year about the SEC. I just had to have a bit of fun out of Brett, because I knew he was a huge USC man. ;)

Brett
10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah we at USC wouldn't know anything about great running backs...only 4 Heisman trophy winners at that position, and 2 of them HOF'ers.

I don't care about all your fucking stadiums down there, I don't have time for that. Why the fuck are there so many stadiums in Ala-fucking-bama anyway?

:)

POJO_Risin
10-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah Brett...I agree Cal hasn't beaten anybody...but based on so many 1 loss teams...I went ahead and moved them ahead of a bunch of them. I'm a firm believer that if you are undefeated, and play in a relative tough conference, you should be rated above 1 loss teams that look like ass. Until they lose, if I was a pollster, I'd have them up that high.

POJO_Risin
10-03-2005, 11:03 PM
DJ Shockley for Georgia is the real deal...and still learning how to be a starter in college. The kid came out of Iverson's high school I believe, and a similar type of football player as Iverson (a former top ranked high school qb) with a much better arm. I know Shockley's had issues with injuries and other things...but has looked nothing short of fucking fantastic.

I think Georgia could be one of those sleeper teams because of their coach. He is a fantastic offensive coach...and knows how to recruit to that offense...

If Texas didn't have Mack Brown as their head coach, but as their chief recruiter...they'd be tough to beat every year, and this year COULD be the year they overcome their coaches deficincies in tight games...

Here's the thing with USC...they have/had this invincibility factor. I think now, teams with a shot at winning won't come in thinking they are going to lose...and that could play a difference as the season progresses.