PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Song From " A Little Aint' Enough"

Dirty Duck
10-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Now I KNOW we got some fans out there of this gem produced by none other than Bob Rock..besided the classic title track..lets name some more!

bigc
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
40 below=immmmmmm melting

lady luck=others hate it,i love it.

shoot it!-set 'em up..shoot 'em down.

drop in the bucket-what a closer.

love the album, wrote a review a couple o months back on here

nosuchluck
10-02-2005, 02:53 PM
i quite like "Lady Luck" myself...

Dirty Duck
10-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Really? I'd love to read it...

Loons The Great
10-02-2005, 03:25 PM
...lost my soul when I walked out on you, I need some Sensible Shoes...

bigc
10-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Really? I'd love to read it...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25517&highlight=ALAE

Jérôme Frenchise
10-02-2005, 03:49 PM
It's my fave album. I'm still as crazy about it today as I was during the week I bought it.:)
If I were being tortured to death to choose one single track, I'd say "It's showtime!". Dave is in top shape throughout "A lil ain't enough" (and that really really means a lot indeed), but this one is fucking incredible. The band blasts, Jason Becker's parts are unbelievable and Dave is particularly excited.:cool:

I even started a thread about it a while ago, but it was said that it sounded like a rehash of "Hot for teacher". Maybe, but I still dig it a damn lot, anyway.:)

bigc
10-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree with you there Jerome,what a tune!

thats why I'm dying to find a live mp3 of it.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bigc
I agree with you there Jerome,what a tune!

thats why I'm dying to find a live mp3 of it.

Well, I can but agree with you too on that point, bigc. Hearing it played live should kick a hell of an ass!:cool:

bigc
10-02-2005, 04:45 PM
it has been played live apparently.

hopefully there is a boot out there with it on:)

Jérôme Frenchise
10-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah! We're gonna GEDDIT!:)

PenguinsKID1986
10-02-2005, 05:37 PM
WOW just played it last night going into town. The song that hit me last night was Baby's on Fire. I'll pretend I'm J-I Joe, you be Barbie Doll or Some say 2 parts diamond some say 3 parts dirt!

bigc
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Yeah! We're gonna GEDDIT!:)

did you see the ALAE tour in france?

Jérôme Frenchise
10-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by bigc
did you see the ALAE tour in france?

It's a pain in the heart...:(
I was a student back then, and I missed the concert in Paris (and the one in Brussels too) because I was broke. One of my pals went to Brussels and told me about the gig the day after. Phenomenal, of course. There was Dave riding that big surf, a whole amazing show, the proverbial Diamond fiesta...
Looking back, I'm even more pissed because Dave hasn't set foot on a French stage again ever since...
Really sad.:(

DavidLeeNatra
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
became my all time favorite album...

Dirty Duck
10-04-2005, 02:49 PM
BigC...stellar review. Good writing..i really enjoyed it! Thanks...

bueno bob
10-04-2005, 05:47 PM
It's a grate record. Drop in the Bucket, It's Showtime, Sensible Shoes, 40 Below and Lady Luck are my favorites...among them all, couldn't decide.

Highly underrated album, I'm amazed to this day it didn't sell like hotcakes, honestly.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
It's a grate record. Drop in the Bucket, It's Showtime, Sensible Shoes, 40 Below and Lady Luck are my favorites...among them all, couldn't decide.

Highly underrated album, I'm amazed to this day it didn't sell like hotcakes, honestly.

Maybe because it's a cold cold cold fish's world...:(

Perrott
10-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Well, A little aint enough is the best song on it, but Hammerhead shark and Drop in the bucket are close runners up, all great songs on that one though.

"Hows your love life? Hows your sister? Oooh I can't resist her!"

bueno bob
10-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Perrott
Well, A little aint enough is the best song on it, but Hammerhead shark and Drop in the bucket are close runners up, all great songs on that one though.

"Hows your love life? Hows your sister? Oooh I can't resist her!"

Good call. The title track is outstanding, and I did like Hammerhead Shark.

Just a very Larg album, any way you slice it :)

Fuck, it was more Van Halen than Van Halen was at that point even.

m_dixon1984
10-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I love all the songs on the album but recently I've been paying more attention than normal to Dogtown Shuffle. Nobody ever seems to give this song any credit.
M

Last_Child
10-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Remember when I saw the lp at a Pawn Shop (think That's the name)...

I bought it straight away.

Was fucking unbelievable...
3 days later while playing it... a little vase (thing you have flowers in) fell on it...
Amazingly nothing happende except that little scratch you can't notice..

That album is One of THE best in my Collection.

Dirty Duck
10-06-2005, 09:19 AM
I believe the album is so good due also to Bob Rock....a good producer in the mix makes it all worth while.

WARF
10-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Drop In The Bucket

Warham
10-06-2005, 03:40 PM
40 Below

Carmine
10-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Tell the truth

My FAVORITE Roth solo tune...period.

ALinChainz
10-07-2005, 07:40 PM
You pull your gun you betta ... SHOOT IT.

DavidLeeNatra
10-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
You pull your gun you betta ... SHOOT IT.

was my fav when I first heard it...now it changes from which mood I'm in...so many great songs...too hard to pick one....but sensible shoes is also on top of the list every time I listen to it...

ELVIS
10-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Bob Rock ruined what could have been a good album...

That guy is brain dead...

Drop In The Bucket, Sensible Shoes, and It's Showtime are the ONLY good songs...

The rest sucks...

:elvis:

Big Troubles
10-08-2005, 08:51 PM
always thought Baby's on Fire deserved some airplay. Kick ass.

Rebel
10-08-2005, 09:44 PM
My fav song is Lady Luck, no doubt. Every track on there is good IMO, it's one of my fav to listen to while I'm at work at 3am. Shoot it, Drop in the Bucket, and ALAE are some of my other favs.

Big Fat Sammy
10-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Tell the truth

My FAVORITE Roth solo tune...period.

Right on...I think thats my all time fav as well.

"Smokey mountain gotta blow...I'm the livin' proof..."

Yeah, thats my fav. :)

doctor roth
10-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Bob Rock ruined what could have been a good album...

That guy is brain dead...

Drop In The Bucket, Sensible Shoes, and It's Showtime are the ONLY good songs...

The rest sucks...

:elvis:

Agree on the bob rock is brain dead bit. He pisses me off no end. He spelt the end for metallica.

But i cant think of any really weak moments. Sensible shoes praps but most of the songs are solid gold. SHOWTIME i think all would agree is just atomic. Its a giant broad side at the music industry in that special dave way. But then adds that "but somehow aint it worth it when you hear that curtain call". I cant get enough of that wit.

Id love to hear some songs off dave solo work just done 4 piece style, no synth or horns etc, etc. Not saying the added bits dont play their parts, it would just be interesting.

BOMBER
10-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
I love all the songs on the album but recently I've been paying more attention than normal to Dogtown Shuffle. Nobody ever seems to give this song any credit.
M
My fave song off my fave Dave solo record.:)
Also love 40 Below and Drop In The Bucket.

Anonymous
10-29-2005, 12:53 AM
I really cunt pick a song out of this album. It's probably the most solid VH/DLR album out there. Mening, when you press play on your CD player and 'A Little Ain't Enough' starts blastin' on your speakers, you're only allowed to press any other buttons on your stereo when the last notes of 'Drop In The Bucket' fade away.

Cheers! :bottle:

jero
10-29-2005, 04:06 AM
It's showtime.....

Mezro
10-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Mezro...Tell The Truth...I love that song...

nightofthecrime
10-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Shoot it! with the title track close 2nd - love the video - and Hammerhead 3rd.
Way underrated album. The tour was not as impressive as previous DLR solo tours. Joe Holmes and Todd Jensen are not only average musicians - how did that guy ever get to replace first EVH and Vai, then Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde - they are also boring on stage. It was DLR alright, but fronting a cheap cover band

Ummm
10-29-2005, 07:55 PM
'Its Showtime' and 'Drop In The Bucket' were great closers to my second favourite Roth album. This album deserves more credit than it is given and should have fared better.

audiospectrum
11-13-2005, 07:16 AM
Oh yeah, Dogtown Shuffle. And if I must baby, God I trust... everybody else gotta pay cash!! This album is all killer, no filler. Don't listen to those Hagar fans and don't read into those album sales. How does it feel? I still remember when I first heard that album, the feelings I got when I heard it the whole way through and 'got it'!! Dave, you sassy mutha, you hooked me right away! Although for a while I had some strange twisted belief that 'Drop In The Bucket' was about anal sex. Try it once but easy does it. In a way it still could be!

Golden AWe
11-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Baby's on fire.

It's sooo tight and I larve the lyrics.

DavidLeeNatra
11-13-2005, 09:57 AM
I was painting yesterday and always put ALAE on...best album all in all...

Loons The Great
11-13-2005, 04:26 PM
"Sensible Shoes"...it jus' doesn't get any bluer than thiz...

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
"Tell the truth" is a great one.

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Playing the cd right now. One stellar cd I might add, the critics just don't get it. it's a lost gem!

Baby's On Fire
12-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Baby's on fire.

It's sooo tight and I larve the lyrics.

BINGO!!!!! Or should I say "I would call this bingo, if I even call at all"

stringfelowhawk
12-22-2005, 11:44 AM
"Tell The Truth" has always been the biggest departure in my opinion and that's why I love it so much. I've said for a very long time this song should have been a smash and I believe it would have been if it had come out at a different time. The whole "backlash" against 80's rock was just starting to go mainstream and I truly think that is why it wasn't a hit. Pisses me off that "Hot Dog And A Shake" is on his Best of album but not "Tell The Truth". When you put this album on and the first few notes of "ALAE" come on its so damn upbeat you can't help but get into it. When I listen to this album "Tell The Truth" is the song I end up humming all damn day.

"Sensible Shoes" caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting it at all. I know Dave has a penchent for doing show tunes and covers. It's part of the reason I love his attitude. This song while very bluesy, seems to me it would fit in at a Vaudville show and that kicks ass. Love the video too. The melody sticks with you even if you haven't heard it in weeks.

Axl S
01-12-2006, 06:06 AM
im a big fan of drop in the bucket its showtime myself.great CD indeed.The title track is the best

Loons The Great
01-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Anyone know of any outtakes on this album??

audiospectrum
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
Anyone know of any outtakes on this album??

Yes sir, she's my machine was an outtake from the alae sessions, or so I've been informed.

Loons The Great
01-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Are there any outtakes FROM this album?

audiospectrum
01-23-2006, 05:40 PM
hmmm. not sure, I've heard a rough demo of 'Shine the light' or something like that. Heard it was from that time period but it sounds more like a Skyscraper outtake. Anyone else help??

DavidLeeNatra
01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by audiospectrum
hmmm. not sure, I've heard a rough demo of 'Shine the light' or something like that. Heard it was from that time period but it sounds more like a Skyscraper outtake. Anyone else help??

cato had some of those posted but to guess from the sound of dave's voice to me they sounded more from a later era (past YFLM)...