PDA

View Full Version : The Ford Made Of Hemp

Hardrock69
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
http://www.davidicke.net/tellthetruth/facts/fordhemp.html

FORD
10-03-2005, 10:48 AM
The plans must still exist in the Ford corporate headquarters somewhere.... let's roll them out, boys.

And if getting hemp for the project is a problem, ask the Chimp to legalize it. He ain't going to deny shit to a car company.

Hardrock69
10-03-2005, 12:30 PM
As long as it burns gas and oil...

FORD
10-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I'll bet if Phillip Morris decided to grow hemp instead of tobacco (and still promised to fund republicans) it would be legalized tomorrow.

scamper
10-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I knew there was something about Ford, just couldn't put my finger on it.

Hardrock69
10-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah he has more sense than many people here...

Unchainme
10-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Yeah he has more sense than many people here...

yeahhhh maaaaaannnn.

DrMaddVibe
10-03-2005, 10:23 PM
But he bogarts!

ELVIS
10-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Pointless thread

FORD
10-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Pointless thread

The original post was actually quite good. The concept of building cars out of greener materials (and running on greener energy sources) is actually very interesting, and many people are probably clueless to the fact that Henry Ford (no relation) actually thought of something like this decades ago.

It's just the sidebar "hey let's call FORD a stoner" stuff that was pointless ;)

ELVIS
10-04-2005, 03:36 AM
Hemp is great for rope...

That's about it...

Nickdfresh
10-04-2005, 08:29 AM

That's about it...

And paper, canvas, and several other industrial products.

kentuckyklira
10-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I'll bet if Phillip Morris decided to grow hemp instead of tobacco (and still promised to fund republicans) it would be legalized tomorrow. Too bad Pablo Escobar didnīt have that kind of friends!

FORD
10-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Too bad Pablo Escobar didnīt have that kind of friends!

He did......until he wanted a bigger share of the BCE agricultural profits.:gun:

Keeyth
10-19-2005, 11:36 AM

That's about it...

You're obviously uninformed. There are so many (legal) uses for Hemp, you could fill up this entire thread.

ELVIS
10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, the stoners love to talk about the many uses for hemp...

Why is it, the only thing they do with it is smoke it ??

:rolleyes:

Keeyth
10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Well, it's good for that too I'm sure, but that's not the only thing they do with it. ;)
Some of the clothes and fabrics they can make out of it are really high quality, and as I said before there are many industrial uses for it that are being employed.

FORD
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, the stoners love to talk about the many uses for hemp...

Why is it, the only thing they do with it is smoke it ??

:rolleyes:

I haven't smoked dope in 5 years, and I still believe it should be legalized.

But industrial hemp is different from marijuana. Very low THC count. You would have to smoke a pound of the shit to get stoned, so it would hardly be worth it.

Here's some facts about the potential of the hemp plant.

HEMP FACTS

1) Hemp is among the oldest industries on the planet, going back more than 10,000 years to the beginnings of pottery. The Columbia History of the World states that the oldest relic of human industry is a bit of hemp fabric dating back to approximately 8,000 BC.

2) Presidents Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp. Americans were legally bound to grow hemp during the Colonial Era and Early Republic. The federal government subsidized hemp during the Second World War and US farmers grew about a million acres of hemp as part of that program.

3) Hemp Seed is far more nutritious than even soybean, contains more essential fatty acids than any other source, is second only to soybeans in complete protein (but is more digestible by humans), is high in B-vitamins, and is 35% dietary fiber. Hemp seed is not psychoactive and cannot be used as a drug. See TestPledge.com

4) The bark of the hemp stalk contains bast fibers which are among the Earth's longest natural soft fibers and are also rich in cellulose; the cellulose and hemi-cellulose in its inner woody core are called hurds. Hemp stalk is not psychoactive. Hemp fiber is longer, stronger, more absorbent and more insulative than cotton fiber.

5) According to the Department of Energy, hemp as a biomass fuel producer requires the least specialized growing and processing procedures of all hemp products. The hydrocarbons in hemp can be processed into a wide range of biomass energy sources, from fuel pellets to liquid fuels and gas. Development of biofuels could significantly reduce our consumption of fossil fuels and nuclear power.

6) Hemp grows well without herbicides, fungicides, or pesticides. Almost half of the agricultural chemicals used on US crops are applied to cotton.

7) Hemp produces more pulp per acre than timber on a sustainable basis, and can be used for every quality of paper. Hemp paper manufacturing can reduce wastewater contamination. Hemp's low lignin content reduces the need for acids used in pulping, and it's creamy color lends itself to environmentally friendly bleaching instead of harsh chlorine compounds. Less bleaching results in less dioxin and fewer chemical byproducts.

8) Hemp fiber paper resists decomposition, and does not yellow with age when an acid-free process is used. Hemp paper more than 1,500 years old has been found. It can also be recycled more times.

9) Hemp fiberboard produced by Washington State University was found to be twice as strong as wood-based fiberboard.

10) Eco-friendly hemp can replace most toxic petrochemical products. Research is being done to use hemp in manufacturing biodegradable plastic products: plant-based cellophane, recycled plastic mixed with hemp for injection-molded products, and resins made from the oil, to name just a very few examples.

It is absolute insanity that we do not use hemp to its full potential, especially given the current state of this world.

link (http://www.thehia.org/hempfacts.htm)

Nitro Express
10-19-2005, 02:11 PM
I watched a dude in Africa clean his Kaloshnikov with hemp wrapped around a jag on his cleaning rod. I thought it was a great idea and now I clean all my guns with hemp.

DrMaddVibe
10-20-2005, 06:59 AM
No Link Between Pot Smoking, Cancer

Wed Oct 19, 7:02 PM ET

WEDNESDAY, Oct. 19 (HealthDay News) -- Even though they're chemically similar, marijuana smoke is less likely than tobacco smoke to cause cancer, according to one expert review of the literature.

The review, by Dr. Robert Melamede of the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, noted that tobacco and marijuana smoke differ in a number of ways, particularly in the fact that marijuana smoke contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) , while tobacco smoke contains nicotine. Nicotine increases the cancer-promoting effects of smoke, while THC reduces those effects, he explained.

And even though THC and nicotine act on related cellular pathways, they bind to different receptors to activate these pathways, the review found. Cells in the lungs and respiratory passages are lined with nicotine receptors but these cells don't appear to have THC receptors. This may explain why smoking marijuana has so far not been linked with lung cancer, a major cause of death from cigarette smoking.

Research has also shown that marijuana kills cancer cells and reduces tumor growth. This is, in part, because marijuana reduces the formation of blood vessels that nourish tumors.

However, the review warned that the effects of marijuana are complex and sometimes contradictory. It also noted that many people use marijuana and tobacco together, and the two drugs may interact in complex ways.

While some governments are reluctant to approve marijuana for medicinal use, the review noted that there's increasing evidence that marijuana can improve the lives of patients with a broad range of health problems, including insomnia, AIDS, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease.

The review will be published in an upcoming issue of the journal Harm Reduction.

More information

The American Academy of Family Physicians has more about marijuana.

Keeyth
10-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Cool. Now pass that bong! :D

FORD
10-20-2005, 11:39 AM
AssVibe, why are you sitting at your computer getting stoned when there's a Cat 5 hurricane coming right for your ass?

Keeyth
10-20-2005, 12:03 PM
He still has until Sunday at last report. Stoners are mad procrastinators! :D