PDA

View Full Version : BWA-HA!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Tom Delay indicted by yet ANOTHER Texas Grand Jury...

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 02:06 AM
The cracks are really beginning to show in the Republican-led regime now....

Well, let's just say "more so than before".
:D

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/03/delay.indictment/index.html

Monday, October 3, 2005; Posted: 9:44 p.m. EDT (01:44 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Texas grand jury brought a charge of money laundering Monday against Rep. Tom DeLay, the former House majority leader indicted last week on conspiracy charges stemming from a campaign finance probe.

DeLay and two associates are now also charged with conspiring to illegally steer $190,000 in corporate donations to state legislative candidates in 2002 and to disguise its source by sending it through national Republican campaign committees.

In a written statement, the congressman called the indictment another example of "prosecutorial abuse" by District Attorney Ronnie Earle. (See video on DeLay's legal troubles -- 2:16)

"He is trying to pull the legal equivalent of a 'do-over,' since he knows very well that the charges he brought against me last week are totally manufactured and illegitimate," said the Texas Republican. "This is an abomination of justice."

DeLay's lawyer, Dick DeGuerin, said the new indictment came as a result of a motion he filed to dismiss the conspiracy charge brought Wednesday. DeGuerin argued that the state's conspiracy statute did not apply to the state election code.

"Faced with the fact that the indictment he returned against Mr. DeLay last week does not even state a crime, he went back before a grand jury -- who, by the way, was only empaneled today at noon -- and got this new indictment," he said.

He said DeLay, a 20-year veteran of Congress, is "ready for the fight." But he said Monday's developments indicate that process will take time.

"I thought that this would be resolved quickly, and Congressman Delay can get back to Washington and resume his post," DeGuerin said. "But obviously, the game here is to keep Congressman Delay out of his leadership post in the Congress."

DeLay, 58, has represented a suburban Houston district in Congress since 1985. In 2002, he became House majority leader -- a post he held until Wednesday's charge.

The rules of the GOP conference call for members to give up leadership posts if they are indicted -- a requirement DeLay's allies reversed last year, only to restore it after a storm of criticism.

House Republicans selected Majority Whip Roy Blunt of Missouri as their acting leader, with Reps. Eric Cantor of Virginia and David Dreier of California also taking on additional duties.

DeLay has accused Earle, a Democrat, of launching a partisan vendetta against him after the 2002 elections, which saw Republicans take control of both houses of the Texas legislature.

Lawmakers then passed a hotly contested, DeLay-engineered plan to redraw Texas' congressional districts, which resulted in the GOP picking up House seats in redrawn districts in 2004.

Earle denied a political motive, saying 12 of the 15 officials he has prosecuted on corruption charges have been Democrats.

The Travis County grand jury indicted DeLay and the same two associates, John Colyandro and Jim Ellis, on conspiracy charges stemming from the same allegations last week.

Prosecutors say the three men agreed to violate campaign finance laws by sending corporate donations given a state political action committee, Texans for a Republican Majority, to the national Republican Party.

The national GOP in turn is alleged to have distributed the same amount of funds to Republican legislative candidates in Texas.

Corporations cannot donate to candidates in Texas elections.

DeGuerin said last week that the donations to TRMPAC went to states where corporate money could be lawfully donated, and the money that was sent to Texas candidates came from individuals.

"No corporate money came to any candidate in Texas," he said.

DeGuerin said Monday he still believes a judge will dismiss the charges against his client -- "but if we go to trial, I'm confident that a fair jury will say Tom DeLay did not do anything wrong."

Money laundering is punishable by five years to life in prison under Texas law, with fines up to $10,000. The conspiracy charge carried a penalty of up to two years in prison and fines up to $10,000.

DeLay said Sunday he thinks he will return to his leadership post after the case is resolved.

"I think it will be over and be over very, very soon. And I think I will go back to be majority leader," he told "Fox News Sunday." "I'm still a member of Congress. I'm going to be working on the agenda and doing everything I can to make good things happen."

Nicknamed "The Hammer" during his tenure as GOP whip, DeLay was admonished by the House ethics committee three times in 2004 over separate issues.

Rep. Christopher Shays has been calling for DeLay's resignation.

On CNN's "Late Edition" Sunday, the Connecticut Republican reiterated that call, citing "continual acts that border and go sometimes beyond the ethical edge."

ELVIS
10-04-2005, 02:09 AM
BWA-HA!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! :rolleyes:

FORD
10-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Elvis, this is a felony with a potential sentence of LIFE IN FUCKING PRISON. Are you going to continue to laugh off this criminal?

ELVIS
10-04-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm not the one laughing...

DrMaddVibe
10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
If a tree falls in the middle of a forest with nobody around does anybody hear it?

FORD
10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
If a tree falls in the middle of a forest with nobody around does anybody hear it?

This tree was heard around the world. And the world cheered!

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I'm not the one laughing...

I am.

IF Delay is guilty, then I will certainly laugh like hell even more.

As time goes on, the BCE continues to show it's true colors.

Elvis...you back the BCE?

You are in favor of genocide, corruption, high treason?

Jerry Falwell
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Oh mr. Hardrock..... so little to do and so much time :)

BigBadBrian
10-04-2005, 12:00 PM
If this was Howie Dean, FORD would have closed this thread and told everyone to put the stories in one thread for the sake of the forum getting too crowded with the same type of story.

He's the biggest hypocrite on the boards, and that's a fact.

:gulp:

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/106491.jpg

FORD
10-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Two indictments is two different stories, isn't it.

And Howard Dean has nothing to do with the fact that DeLay is a criminal.......

......except for the fact that he correctly said that DeLay belonged in jail a few months back, and you Busheep bashed him for it.

Looks like Dean was right.

Again.

ELVIS
10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Awesome pic of Dean blowing a gasket!

Nickdfresh
10-04-2005, 12:51 PM
I find it extremely humorous that DeLAY 's cronies actually make statements like:

"I thought that this would be resolved quickly, and Congressman Delay can get back to Washington and resume his post," DeGuerin said. "But obviously, the game here is to keep Congressman Delay out of his leadership post in the Congress."

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh! Pot--tea kettle dickwad, DeLAY was one of the scum gridlocking the US Federal gov't during the CLINTON years over a blowjob, and then he gerrymandered TEXAS into a Republican majority with despicable, essentially anti-democratic, "redistricting."

But, I bet he's "not a crook."

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 01:38 PM

No the game here is to PROSECUTE A FUCKING CRIMINAL FOR CRIMES HE HAS COMMITTED!!!

What a stupid fuck....

lesfunk
10-04-2005, 01:47 PM
DeLay is probably guilty of way worse shit than this. But this whole thing is just sour grapes. All Politics.

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Of course.

And I find it amusing when these self-righteous, Neo-Con "Christian" assholes are revealed as the hypocritical corrupt idiots they truly are....

scamper
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Of course.

And I find it amusing when these self-righteous, Neo-Con "Christian" assholes are revealed as the hypocritical corrupt idiots they truly are....

I find it sad that the Dems and Repubs are so busy trying to screw each other that they don't have time to do what we elected them to do. If Delay is guilty he should go down, Clinton got his slap on the wrist for lying to a grand jury about something that was just bullshit to begin with. Isn't anybody getting tired of seeing our money go down the shitter, and yeah I know its going down the shitter in Iraq too. Both parties are just out for themselves and could give a fuck about the country or anybody in it that's not in politics. I'm guessing the founding fathers would have changed a few things if they had seen this crap coming. Even after a natural disaster they are so busy pointing fingers the important stuff is getting overlooked. To see people get so stuck to one party or the other as to assume that the other party is always wrong and theirs is always right is just as bad. Come on admit it except for maybe a handful of politicians both parties suck.

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 03:10 PM
You said it veery well.

Over in Japan, they fix the problem first, then worry about who fucked up later.

Too bad it is not that way over here.

FORD
10-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
You said it veery well.

Over in Japan, they fix the problem first, then worry about who fucked up later.

Too bad it is not that way over here.

Actually, I'd prefer the Taiwanese Parlaiment approach right about now.

Let 'em fight it out. I'd love to see Dean kick DeLay's ass live on C-SPAN. :D

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 05:28 PM
LMFAO!!

That would be pretty fun to watch...

Satan
10-05-2005, 01:51 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/10/02/weekinreview/Kornblut583.jpg