PDA

View Full Version : Halloween III..Season Of The Witch.(1983)

Dirty Duck
10-04-2005, 09:45 AM
I know when this film came out it was ignored cause it didnt have Michael Myers in it. Well,since my last thread,their were some positive responses to Halloween III....a new twist in the Halloween series. I loved this movie. It has Tom Atkins , one of my favorite B movie actors. (He played Detective Cameron in the movie Night Of The Creeps),Dan O'herly,and that really cool theme song: Three more days till halloween , halloween,halloween...three more days till halloween..silver shamrock. Post your views..favorite scenes..ect.

Terry
10-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, part of the reason Halloween 3 got such a poor reception when it was released was that it wasn't made clear that Mikey Meyers wasn't in the movie by the ads and such. Lot of people went to it thinking it was a direct continuation of the narrative from H1 and 2. Probably wouldn't have gotten much of the reaction it did if it had dropped 'Halloween' from the title and simply been called 'Season of the Witch'.

One of my fave scenes was when Dan and Ellie destroy the Stonehenge computer center in the bowels of the Silver Shamrock factory by dumping the mask labels on the consoles, and Cochran just looks up and claps with a dumb grin on his face. Then an energy beam shoots through him, and the silver dummy displays an even more inept smirk.

Another is where the android Ellie starts attacking Dan at the end of the movie. Even her dismembered robotic arm grabs him at one point...the whole sequence is just humorous.

The funniest part has to be at the very end of the movie, where Dan is able to call up what are assumedly the then three major networks, and get two of the three to pull the Silver Shamrock commercial just on his say-so.

Have to give this flick credit for doing something else with the series rather than just keep bringing back Meyers, and I actually enjoy this film much more than H4-8.

Dirty Duck
10-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks for a great response. What Carpenter wanted to do was make it a different story with each sequel...Halloween 3 was to start it but since the response was poor...it didnt go anywhere. Well I LOVED it. What an orginal story. I like the part when Tom atkins is in the bar in the beginning having a drink and the trailer for the orginal Halloween cames on.." the immortal classic followed by..." And then the Silver Shamrock theme comes on. That's so cool!

Dave's Bitch
10-04-2005, 03:26 PM
i HATE that movie.i was really angry i wasted my time seeing it.its not halloween w/out Michael Myers

Dirty Duck
10-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Watch it again Dave's bitch.....Keep Michael out of your head and focus on the NEW story...It's better the 2nd time around. How are you by the way?

Dave's Bitch
10-04-2005, 04:47 PM
im fine and dandy thnx DD.i would watch it again but i dont have it on vid so ya.michael is the coolest

Jimmy Jingles
10-04-2005, 04:48 PM
H3 always freaked me out!

That fucking music that plays with the Silver Shamrock mask's...freaky shit.

Dirty Duck
10-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Rent it DB ! If I lived closer I'd let you borrow it ! :)

Glad you're doing well! I'm leaving work now so have a great

rest of the day and remember: Dave Rules! Later..