PDA

View Full Version : Whole Lotta Love v. Whole Lotta Rosie

OfficerJimmy
10-04-2005, 08:00 PM
With Dave's Bitch's "Stairway vs. Highway" thread in mind, I present another Zep AC/DC comparison.

I pick Rosie. I love the riff, even if it is incredibly simple.

Guitar Shark
10-04-2005, 08:03 PM
This is an impossible choice. Two classics.

If forced to choose, I'd probably go with Whole Lotta Love.

Nickdfresh
10-04-2005, 08:43 PM
For studio, "Whole Lotta Rosie." But for live tracks, on my budding soundboard Led ZEPPELIN boot collection, the extended live version of "Whole Lotta' Love" is fucking great!

Terry
10-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Tough call, agreed.

Far as studio versions, while I'm not saying LZ 2's WLL was stinky or anything...well, I've just heard the thing way too many times. Might be heretical to say around hardcore LZ fans, but I doubt I'd even put it in a top ten of my fave Zep tracks. Nickd has got it right in that WLL was probably better when it was performed live.

Whole Lotta Rosie. Man, AC/DC just came across on that track, big time. That was one kick-ass track, even in terms of AC/DC standards, and that's saying something.

Put it this way, if I had a choice of which one I'd rather hear right now, WLR would win hands down. If it were an either-or/stranded on a desert isle scenario...doubt I could make the choice.

Jahuli
10-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Whole lotta love!!!!!!!

so much better!!!

ELVIS
10-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Why do you idiots pit song against songs ??

It makes no sense whatsoever...

It comes down to personal preference...

Some guys like fat chicks, In fact some of you are married to fat chicks...

I'm not big on Zeppelin, so I naturally go with Whole Lotta Rosie...

Speking of fat chicks...

:elvis:

Satan
10-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Whole Lotta Drugs (http://www.bobrivers.com/audiovault/tunes/tunes.asp?Var=W&Page=2)

ELVIS
10-06-2005, 06:57 AM
That was stupid...

Gee Satan, you and FORD have the same sense of humor...

Rikk
10-06-2005, 08:32 AM
WHOLE LOTTA LOVE. AC/DC (with Bon Scott) was excellent...but nothing on Zeppelin.

Dirty Duck
10-06-2005, 10:18 AM
A whole lotta love when I'm giving it to someone I really want...Whole lotta Rosie when I'm drunk and a fat chick takes advantage of me.....joke. I love both groups but I'mn gonna say Whole Lotta Rosie cause that song just rocks man,.,,

BrownSound1
10-07-2005, 03:31 AM
I like both songs, but the hands down winner is Whole Lotta Love. That riff is one of the greatest of all time.

Rikk
10-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I like both songs, but the hands down winner is Whole Lotta Love. That riff is one of the greatest of all time.

Especially live. That version in THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME is unbeatable (even better than the ROYAL ALBERT HALL version on the new DVD).

Dave's Bitch
10-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
WHOLE LOTTA LOVE. AC/DC (with Bon Scott) was excellent...but nothing on Zeppelin.

exactly

sammysucks65
10-09-2005, 10:32 PM
i go with roise cause i never appreciated the vocal range of robert plant..in that song only though. good guitar work by paige but acdc wins out