PDA

View Full Version : New Style 2007 Chevy Tahoe

Jerry Falwell
10-06-2005, 10:34 AM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Tahoe/001.jpg http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Tahoe/007.jpg http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Tahoe/009.jpg http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Tahoe/010.jpg http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Tahoe/005.jpg

FORD
10-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey, if you can afford $90 to fill the tank every week......

Just don't try to get one of those tax-loophole write-off things for it by calling it "farm equipment", because I don't feel like supporting your rape of the planet with my tax dollars.

RuzDNailz
10-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Looks better, but who can afford gas prices these days? Ford, that tank will cost over 90 bucks to fill! Besides, big SUVs are going through a major decline in sales these days. A buddy of mine who is a car dealer is making money only on smaller cars. He hasn't sold a SUV or truck for a few months now. They just sit on the dealership lot
and nobody hardly notices them. My car is a four banger and I do whatever I can to squeeze out the most mileage out of a tank.

MAX
10-07-2005, 01:33 AM
That is beautiful. However, I currently own a later model Suburban and the gas tis' killing me. As much as I love it, I'm about ready to ditch it.

Nitro Express
10-07-2005, 04:36 AM
I had a 2002 1/2 ton Suberban. It burned oil like crazy. After going around with the dealer they finally put in a new engine on warranty. Then at 30,000 miles, the front transaxle tottaly self-destructs. Oh, yeah, the computer locked the transmission into neutral in the middle of nowhere too. What a piece of shit vehicle.

I always thought one person driving a huge four wheel drive vehicle in a place like Los Angeles or Miami was stupid. What many people like Ford don't realize is some people need those big vehicles. People who live in harsh climates that get tons of snow. Hey, on some days around here, you can get a Hummer stuck in the snow. Some mornings my wife is going through two feet of snow in four wheel drive getting the kids to school. A little hybred Honda isn't going to cut it.

Gas mileage is relative. A Chevy with a good 350 in it can get 15-18 MPG on the highway. If that is full of people and luggage going on a trip, it's getting better mileage than if two economy cars were driven. So, it all depends on what you are hauling and how you are using the vehicle.

There is also a safety factor. People drive like shit nowadays. Your family is safer in a big SUV than some little econobox. I would say the extra gas money is worth it just for that.

Cathedral
10-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Just don't try to get one of those tax-loophole write-off things for it by calling it "farm equipment", because I don't feel like supporting your rape of the planet with my tax dollars.

Oh go on with the over dramatics...rape of the planet?

I hope that anyone who casts a stone like that lives in a solar home, rides a bike on their daily commute, and grows their own vegetables and kills their own meat, which is all they eat.

Let's not forget the well water that supports them also.

You're not that self sufficient, are ya Ford?

You DO support that rape every time you turn the key in your own car, or buy anything made with plastic, and you use more than your tax dollars to do it at that.
So c'mon, get down of that horse before a tree knocks you off, lol, it's too big for you to be riding.

If your part of the demand, your also part of the problem, or rape, as you put it.
The rate of consumption is based on personal economics and makes you no less guilty of being a part of the demand.

Jesus Christ
10-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Verily, My children, there are times and places where such large vehicles are appropriate and times when they are not.

I might hath driven a large SUV, had they existed when I visted Earth 2000 years ago. But I would have 2 very good reasons for doing so:

1) I had 12 guys riding with me, and verily, not even the Son of Man can fit 13 grown men in a Prius!

2) I could have turned water into gasoline whenever neccessary.

Problem is that ye mortals do not have that infinite resource, and verily ye hath wasted the supply that Dad and I gave unto you.

Or should I say, unto your Muslim neighbors.

diamondsgirl
10-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Verily, My children, there are times and places where such large vehicles are appropriate and times when they are not.

I might hath driven a large SUV, had they existed when I visted Earth 2000 years ago. But I would have 2 very good reasons for doing so:

1) I had 12 guys riding with me, and verily, not even the Son of Man can fit 13 grown men in a Prius!

2) I could have turned water into gasoline whenever neccessary.

Problem is that ye mortals do not have that infinite resource, and verily ye hath wasted the supply that Dad and I gave unto you.

Or should I say, unto your Muslim neighbors.

LMAO. :D

Jerry Falwell
10-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Although I own 2000 acres, I don't tag any of my vehicles as "farm equipment". Heck, I don't even have a commercial vehicle tag- how about you Fordy?
Raping the planet??? LOL
You are a riot!
BTW- The '07 Tahoe is supposed to get a blended 21MPG (In Theory) with the 5.3 liter DOD engine. I'll believe it when I see it, but any positive gain is a good thing.
Ford, I believe I will purchase two of them. One for my wife to drive to the store and one for my personal use. :D

Jerry Falwell
10-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by MAX
That is beautiful. However, I currently own a later model Suburban and the gas tis' killing me. As much as I love it, I'm about ready to ditch it.

I really think they are doing good things with their new styling on most GM vehicles. I just wish they would build me a seven seater SUV that I could pull my boat / trailer with and still get 30+ mpg. :)

thome
10-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Figures, he would drive a Chevy.Loozer!

twonabomber
10-09-2005, 11:01 AM
boring.

once again, GM goes safe with their styling. evolutionary, not revolutionary.

DrMaddVibe
10-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Oh go on with the over dramatics...rape of the planet?

I hope that anyone who casts a stone like that lives in a solar home, rides a bike on their daily commute, and grows their own vegetables and kills their own meat, which is all they eat.

Let's not forget the well water that supports them also.

You're not that self sufficient, are ya Ford?

You DO support that rape every time you turn the key in your own car, or buy anything made with plastic, and you use more than your tax dollars to do it at that.
So c'mon, get down of that horse before a tree knocks you off, lol, it's too big for you to be riding.

If your part of the demand, your also part of the problem, or rape, as you put it.
The rate of consumption is based on personal economics and makes you no less guilty of being a part of the demand.

Fuckin A right!:D