• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Free Speech Denied

Rice Pudding Slammed by Cartoon

When Kanye West blasted President Bush’s treatment of poor black people in New Orleans after Katrina hit, the rapper unintentionally set off a hurricane of words in Florida.

The Independent Florida Alligator, the student newspaper, ran a cartoon last week that criticized West’s statements by showing him holding a large playing card marked “The Race Card,” and having Condoleezza Rice, the secretary of state, exclaim with scorn at West: “Nigga Please!”

Is Rice Pudding a disgrace to Black women?

Since the cartoon ran, there have been multiple rallies against the student newspaper, with the latest drawing several hundred on Monday; the president of the university and other senior officials have condemned the cartoon and called on the paper to apologize for it; and there have been reports that students reading the paper on campus have had other students come up and grab the paper away from them, saying that it is racist.

Link
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

FORD, move this to the Political Cartoons thread. Pronto.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      Yeah.

We wouldn't want to discuss it, would we.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Read Black News Weekly much do you Bri?
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Cartoon's funny, though.....
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Read Black News Weekly much do you Bri?
            I gotta watch out for my homeboys.

It's evident the DNC and Howard Dean won't.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, Dr. AssVibe already posted this particular racist cartoon in the cartoon thread, which makes this one a dupe.

Closing.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Maybe some of us would like to discuss the topic, Mr Censorship...

Dude, you close WAY too many threads...

This is not your forum...

Go to FORD Country if you want to make every thread represent your paranoid little views...

Last edited by ELVIS; 10-07-2005, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oops... my boyfriend is on the computer posting for me and he hit the edit button by mistake.
                  Last edited by ELVIS; 10-07-2005, 01:08 AM.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Oops... my boyfriend is on the computer posting for me and he hit the edit button by mistake.
                    LOL!

ELVIS, you troublemaker...
                    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

LMAO!

Comment

• diamondD
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Good call E!

FORD's trying to turn this place into the DomeLinks, which is strange, since all he did in the day was bitch about free speech and censorship. Tried to martyr himself when it was done to him.

Might as well change the colors in this forum to aqua blue.
                        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

LOL!

ELVIS, you troublemaker...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Maybe some of us would like to discuss the topic, Mr Censorship...

Dude, you close WAY too many threads...

This is not your forum...

Go to FORD Country if you want to make every thread represent your paranoid little views...

Indeed.

Most other threads nobody wants to talk about swiftly sink to the bottom of this forum.

There is simply no need for virtually any thread to be closed.

I want to know why Blacks got in such a fucking tizzy about this cartoon?

My son comes home from school and I've drilled into him from a young age (I'm not going to reveal his age now) that calling anyone of any ethnicity is appropriate.

Then he hears Blacks at the next table at lunch greeting each other like: "Yo nigga, sup?" This is while the Principal, who is Black, is standing within earshot. She told me that if she hauled a kid into the office everytime she heard the N-word nothing else would get done.

BTW - I do NOT live in a predominantly Black area either. I live in no ghetto. I can just imagine how bad the problem is in other areas.

African-Americans must first stop degrading themselves before others will. That's the only way they will ever be taken serious.

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I had HUGE problems stopping my son from using the "n" word, when his black friends all used it almost non-stop!

I found it was the "gangsta rap" crap that started it all up here. I know our jazz friends from New Orleans certainly never used the word.

"Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...