PDA

View Full Version : Free Speech Denied

BigBadBrian
10-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Rice Pudding Slammed by Cartoon

When Kanye West blasted President Bush’s treatment of poor black people in New Orleans after Katrina hit, the rapper unintentionally set off a hurricane of words in Florida.

http://www.blacknewsweekly.com/ricepudding.jpg

The Independent Florida Alligator, the student newspaper, ran a cartoon last week that criticized West’s statements by showing him holding a large playing card marked “The Race Card,” and having Condoleezza Rice, the secretary of state, exclaim with scorn at West: “Nigga Please!”

Is Rice Pudding a disgrace to Black women?

Since the cartoon ran, there have been multiple rallies against the student newspaper, with the latest drawing several hundred on Monday; the president of the university and other senior officials have condemned the cartoon and called on the paper to apologize for it; and there have been reports that students reading the paper on campus have had other students come up and grab the paper away from them, saying that it is racist.

Link (http://www.blacknewsweekly.com/news204.html)

Guitar Shark
10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
FORD, move this to the Political Cartoons thread. Pronto.

BigBadBrian
10-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Yeah.

We wouldn't want to discuss it, would we. :rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Read Black News Weekly much do you Bri? :)

jhale667
10-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Cartoon's funny, though.....

BigBadBrian
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Read Black News Weekly much do you Bri? :)

I gotta watch out for my homeboys. :)

It's evident the DNC and Howard Dean won't.

:gulp:

FORD
10-07-2005, 12:40 AM

Actually, Dr. AssVibe already posted this particular racist cartoon in the cartoon thread, which makes this one a dupe.

Closing.

ELVIS
10-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Maybe some of us would like to discuss the topic, Mr Censorship...

Dude, you close WAY too many threads...

This is not your forum...

Go to FORD Country if you want to make every thread represent your paranoid little views...

:elvis:

FORD
10-07-2005, 01:06 AM
:D

Oops... my boyfriend is on the computer posting for me and he hit the edit button by mistake.

Guitar Shark
10-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
:D

Oops... my boyfriend is on the computer posting for me and he hit the edit button by mistake.

LOL!

ELVIS, you troublemaker... :D

Warham
10-07-2005, 03:51 PM
LMAO!

diamondD
10-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Good call E!

FORD's trying to turn this place into the DomeLinks, which is strange, since all he did in the day was bitch about free speech and censorship. Tried to martyr himself when it was done to him.

Might as well change the colors in this forum to aqua blue. ;)

BigBadBrian
10-07-2005, 05:10 PM
LOL!

ELVIS, you troublemaker... :D

:D :D :D :D :D

BigBadBrian
10-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Maybe some of us would like to discuss the topic, Mr Censorship...

Dude, you close WAY too many threads...

This is not your forum...

Go to FORD Country if you want to make every thread represent your paranoid little views...

Indeed.

Most other threads nobody wants to talk about swiftly sink to the bottom of this forum.

There is simply no need for virtually any thread to be closed.

I want to know why Blacks got in such a fucking tizzy about this cartoon?

My son comes home from school and I've drilled into him from a young age (I'm not going to reveal his age now) that calling anyone of any ethnicity is appropriate.

Then he hears Blacks at the next table at lunch greeting each other like: "Yo nigga, sup?" This is while the Principal, who is Black, is standing within earshot. She told me that if she hauled a kid into the office everytime she heard the N-word nothing else would get done.

BTW - I do NOT live in a predominantly Black area either. I live in no ghetto. I can just imagine how bad the problem is in other areas.

African-Americans must first stop degrading themselves before others will. That's the only way they will ever be taken serious.

Angel
10-07-2005, 06:39 PM
I had HUGE problems stopping my son from using the "n" word, when his black friends all used it almost non-stop!

I found it was the "gangsta rap" crap that started it all up here. I know our jazz friends from New Orleans certainly never used the word.

LoungeMachine
10-08-2005, 12:37 AM
The "Free Speech Zone" is over there behind the chain link fence.

Any Neo-Con in THIS day and age crying "censorship" is laughable.

This administration has castrated the media as a whole.

The News has been cancelled.

Move along now, nothing to see here....

We don't comment on ongoing investigations.....

Jesus Christ
10-08-2005, 12:46 AM
My children, I hath a question for you...

What color of skin did Adam & Eve have?

Or Abraham?

Or Moses?

Or King David?

Or Myself?

Do ye knoweth, for a fact, the answer to any of the above?

Verily, ye do not.

But I do.

And so the Lord sayeth unto you that We created one race of human mortals. There is no white nor black. No Jew and no Arab. No Conservative and No Liberal. These things are the result of man made culture, not biological difference. And if ye cannot accept that, then thou art indeed a racist. And racists shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.

ELVIS
10-08-2005, 03:33 AM
I never read that in the Bible...

Jesus Christ
10-08-2005, 03:51 AM
Try Genesis, Gregory.....

For it says "Let Us make man in Our image".

So verily, what is that image?

DrMaddVibe
10-08-2005, 05:58 AM
"Where is fancy bread...in the heart or in the head?"

ELVIS
10-08-2005, 06:01 AM
What ??

DrMaddVibe
10-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Where??

ELVIS
10-08-2005, 06:25 AM
When ??

ELVIS
10-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Later fellas, I'm off to work...

DrMaddVibe
10-08-2005, 06:27 AM
I'd say "Have Fun"...but its work!

Later bro.

Warham
10-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Try Genesis, Gregory.....

For it says "Let Us make man in Our image".

So verily, what is that image?

FORD doesn't think Genesis was written as God's word, therefore it's invalid as proof.

Move on, your Messiahship.

Jerry Falwell
10-08-2005, 11:49 PM
You know, Oprah says that using this type of language is never okay. It only encourages racism according to Miss O almighty. What does everyone here think?

FORD
10-09-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
You know, Oprah says that using this type of language is never okay. It only encourages racism according to Miss O almighty. What does everyone here think?

Sure, Oprah says that. And Bill Cosby says similar things. But then Oprah and Bill have been rich and successful for decades and they "ain't down with tha hood no more" i.e. they have forgotten what it was like to be poor and black.

That's the argument I've heard from some folks anyway.

The point of blacks using the name "******" on each other was to take away the power of the word as it had existed - the language of slavery and racism where "******" meant something less than human.

The gay community has done similar things with words like "faggot", "dyke", etc., and there's Mexican comics on TV today who even call themselves "beaners". It's all the same principle - take the words of oppression and twist them around to drain them of their power.

DrMaddVibe
10-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Yeah...sure...run through the barrio with a bullhorn yelling "beaner" and see how far it gets YOU!

FORD
10-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Yeah...sure...run through the barrio with a bullhorn yelling "beaner" and see how far it gets YOU!

It wouldn't get ME very far, since I'm white, blonde and 6'6" and would stick out like a sore thumb dipped in habanero salsa.

But's not what I said, is it?

DrMaddVibe
10-10-2005, 11:14 AM
It wouldn't get ME very far, since I'm white, blonde and 6'6" and would stick out like a sore thumb dipped in habanero salsa.

But's not what I said, is it?

Gee Wally...it was your quote!

So, to recap the "rules"...IF I were to call a person that's black a ****** its offensive, but if a fellow black person calls another black person ****** its acceptable? The rules apply to any ethnicity? Any gender? Any income bracket?

FORD
10-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Gee Wally...it was your quote!

So, to recap the "rules"...IF I were to call a person that's black a ****** its offensive, but if a fellow black person calls another black person ****** its acceptable? The rules apply to any ethnicity? Any gender? Any income bracket?

Why don't you grab a white sheet and go down to "tha hood" and try out your own theory.

Make sure your life insurance is paid up first ;)

And what do income brackets have to do with it?

Seshmeister
10-10-2005, 12:06 PM

Yup that's the rules apparently.

And so far it applies to ******, beaner, mick, fag, queer, homo and bitch.

It's not really that complicated.

All Brian needs to say to his son is that since he isn't a ****** he can't use the word but if he decides he's gay when he reaches his teens then he can say fag, queer and homo.

Cheers!

DrMaddVibe
10-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Why don't you grab a white sheet and go down to "tha hood" and try out your own theory.

Make sure your life insurance is paid up first ;)

And what do income brackets have to do with it?

What do Oprah and Mr. Jello have to do with it?

PS...Fuck you with your racist overtones...that shit doesn't stick with me Gomer!