PDA

View Full Version : Fav Iron Maiden Album

Dave's Bitch
10-07-2005, 04:58 AM
considering there is about 55 maiden cd's in existance i figured this would make for an interesting thread,if its been done before or not i dont know so if so close it

anyone who says number of the beast is probably a poser

There are so many greats

my fav would be either Powerslave or Piece Of Mind,i cant make my mind up which but both are great

Mr Badguy
10-07-2005, 08:20 AM
All their 80`s albums are without peer.

If I had to pick one I would probably pick "Seventh son of a seventh son".

Terry
10-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Powerslave, followed closely by Piece Of Mind and Number Of The Beast tied for second.

Don't really bother too much with what came before. Somewhere in Time was so-so. Have no use for anything that followed Seventh Son...

Soul Reaper
10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
erm....hard to choose....I'd say Powerslave as well....

alexpgrimes
10-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Number of the beast.. used to work out to that then smoke a joint...lol

VonHalen
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
piece of mind

rustoffa
10-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by VonHalen
piece of mind

That one's way up the list. 'Revalations' sounds really good on a really good stereo.
:killer:

Mr. Vengeance
10-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Piece of Mind is just killer!

Revelations, Sun and Steel, Die with Your Boots On, Flight of Icarus, The Trooper, Where Eagles Dare...

What a fantastic freaking album!

The_KiD
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Peace of Mind is a Masterpiece! I think I wore my album out in high school. It sounded great on Vinyl. Killers would be second for me..

Maiden is great stuff....

KiD

The_KiD
10-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Piece of Mind.. That is... Typo...

Diver Down NJ
10-08-2005, 12:32 PM
I would say either Piece of Mind or the first album. I love all of them up to and including Seventh Son.

bueno bob
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Don't really care much for the first album after all these years...just sounds flat by later Maiden standards, kinda hollow...Killers is great...Di'Anno was wonderful when he was with them, but God damn, his outting from the band couldn't have come at a better time...that dick's made a career (well, sort of career, anyway) out of shitty bands remaking various songs off of the first two Iron Maiden albums for the last 26 years, and singing his own material on various IM tribute albums...and he STILL takes pot shots at Bruce...

Can't fucking STAND Di'Anno as a person, but that's not really the point, I guess :)

Um...favorite album...Powerslave, followed by Piece of Mind, followed by Killers, then Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere in Time, The Number of the Beast, Iron Maiden.

And fuck the rest of it :)

WACF
10-08-2005, 01:19 PM
Powerslave with Piece Of Mind right behind...Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is right in there.

Tough one really...good question!

MK5150
10-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Somewhere In Time followed by NOTB and then Killers

bueno bob
10-09-2005, 11:28 AM
"To Tame a Land" is a HIGHLY underrated classic and is an EXCELLENT song, btw.

Go read Dune.

nosuchluck
10-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Killers

DLR_EngineRoom
10-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
considering there is about 55 maiden cd's in existance i figured this would make for an interesting thread,if its been done before or not i dont know so if so close it

anyone who says number of the beast is probably a poser

There are so many greats

my fav would be either Powerslave or Piece Of Mind,i cant make my mind up which but both are great

somewhere in time...

DABSR
10-12-2005, 12:53 AM
For an album, "Piece of Mind" is my favorite. But I LOVE "The Prisoner" off of "Number of the Beast"!!!!!

RuzDNailz
10-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Piece of Mind is just killer!

Revelations, Sun and Steel, Die with Your Boots On, Flight of Icarus, The Trooper, Where Eagles Dare...

What a fantastic freaking album!

Sun and Steel is one of those killer tracks that are always overlooked.
The lyrics are awesome and the riffs are just classic maiden at it's finest! The others where performed this past summer during their tour.

RuzDNailz
10-12-2005, 01:04 AM
I still enjoy Somewhere In Time. The title track itself has an amazing long blazing guitar solo. Wasted years, The lonliness of the long distance runner, and Alexander the great are songs that are must-own for any Maiden fan.

RuzDNailz
10-12-2005, 01:04 AM
I still enjoy Somewhere In Time. The title track itself has an amazing long blazing guitar solo. Wasted years, The lonliness of the long distance runner, and Alexander the great are songs that are must-own for any Maiden fan.

saint
10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Iron Maiden - Live After Death, or is cheating.

They are first and foremost a killer live band, saw them this summer better that ever with only songs from the first 4 albums

a cool idea but i missed a few of their best songs like Aces High & 2 Minutes To Midnight

Their best studio album a tie between Piece Of Mind / Powerslave.

Any one heard the b side Reach Out from the Wasted Years single? I love it

Mr. Vengeance
10-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Sun and Steel is one of those killer tracks that are always overlooked.
The lyrics are awesome and the riffs are just classic maiden at it's finest! The others where performed this past summer during their tour.

That was such a terrific show at the Ampitheatre.

"Tonight we are only playing songs from the first four albums!"

Crowd goes fucking nuts!

Dirty Duck
10-13-2005, 11:34 AM
I'd have to say KILLERS...

ace diamond
10-14-2005, 02:21 PM
iron maiden and killers are tied as my fav maiden record.

Green Man
10-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, Iron Maiden topi, this is my favourite band, and my favourite albums are Powerslave and Somewhere In Time :)

Soul Reaper
10-14-2005, 02:25 PM
At least you like Iron Maiden.....

Jimmy Jingles
10-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Green Man
Yeah, Iron Maiden topi, this is my favourite band, and my favourite albums are Powerslave and Somewhere In Time :)

SHEEP ALERT!!!

You're to much of a puss to handle Maiden, fag.

bastardog
10-14-2005, 02:35 PM
In my opinion
Best album = Piece of Mind (Don't know why but Still Live like hipnotise me)
Best Concept = Seven Son of a Seven Son
Best Art = Somewhere In Time
Best B side (non on the original album) = Reach Out

I downloaded "The Best of the B' Sides" from the net and is a great album that I think was realeased only in Europe. Does someone knows something about it?

Soul Reaper
10-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
SHEEP ALERT!!!

You're to much of a puss to handle Maiden, fag.

The album covers would make him shit his pants....

bastardog
10-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Lookout this picture. Today in a newspaper (from PR).
It says that this was the God of Dead in Mexico.

Does it looks like Iron's Eddie or is my imagination?

Diver Down NJ
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
Best B side (non on the original album) = Reach Out
[/B]

Best B side is Total Eclipse, hands down. In fact, it's one of the 15 or 20 best Maiden songs ever.

RuzDNailz
10-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
That was such a terrific show at the Ampitheatre.

"Tonight we are only playing songs from the first four albums!"

Crowd goes fucking nuts!

And they mentioned they are coming back next year! The next four albums tour. Hopefully some more known openers this time around. Mastodon was good, but I didn't know who they were.

On a seperate note Mr. V, as good as the Amphitheatre is...why charge so much for a beer!? It's like going to the North Pole and purchasing a cup of ioe for almost 7 bucks!