PDA

View Full Version : White House denies Bush claimed divine inspiration

DR CHIP
10-07-2005, 10:09 AM
White House denies Bush claimed divine inspiration
Oct 07 9:14 AM US/Eastern

The White House has denied that US President George W. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, as a new BBC documentary is expected to reveal.

"That's absurd. He's never made such comments," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Thursday.

The documentary series set to be broadcast later this month in Britain claims Bush made the claim when he met Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then-foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003.

He also told them he had been ordered by God to create a Palestinian state, the ministers said.

Shaath, now the Palestinian information minister, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God'".

"'God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.

"'And I did. And then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... ' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm al-Sheikh, recalled how the president told him: "'I have a moral and religious obligation'".

"'So I will get you a Palestinian state.'"

steve
10-07-2005, 11:29 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051007/pl_afp/mideastbritainusiraq_051007131357

W is even crazier than Eddie VH.

Maybe Bush has been using the same commode that God dictated the music of VH3 to Eddie on.

Jesus Christ
10-07-2005, 02:03 PM
My Father speaks to neither the Son of Bush nor the Son of Jan.

Verily those who hath consumed too much alcohol hath many delusions.

One must be careful where the water is turned to wine.

Stephen Hawking
10-07-2005, 02:41 PM
On one hand, I am inclined to think Mr. Bush is adhering to the idea of "God" as only a means to explain abstractions in thought, a way to describe general concepts of order and harmony as opposed to a bearded guy in a sheet, or anything sentient.

On the other hand, it could be Dick Cheney in his ZZ Top Halloween costume.

Hardrock69
10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
LMFAO!!!!
:D

Hey wait a minute...that is a costume?

ODShowtime
10-07-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm not beyond believing that the Palestinians lied about this. It's not like they're known for their integrity.

ELVIS
10-07-2005, 08:41 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20051007/capt.sge.ozs60.071005182557.photo00.photo.default-286x380.jpg?x=180&y=239&sig=bUqjRwyTQAADNLXnzLKskA--

What's that God ?

Track down FORD and lock him up without trial ?

Will do!

:elvis:

Jesus Christ
10-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20051007/capt.sge.ozs60.071005182557.photo00.photo.default-286x380.jpg?x=180&y=239&sig=bUqjRwyTQAADNLXnzLKskA--

What's that God ?

Track down FORD and lock him up without trial ?

Will do!

Do ye think being locked up without a trial is a good thing, Gregory??

I hath been there and done that, as hath My cousin John the Baptist. Neither of us think it's very funny :(

ELVIS
10-07-2005, 11:12 PM
It's called humor...

Try it sometime...

Pink Spider
10-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I'm not beyond believing that the Palestinians lied about this. It's not like they're known for their integrity.

Well, Shrub has been known to use the Christian word for jihad, 'crusade'. So, it's not too far fetched.

ELVIS
10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
If you were as sexy as your avatar, you would be posting from my house...;)

Jesus Christ
10-08-2005, 12:36 AM
It's called humor...

Try it sometime...

Ye thinketh the Lord hath no sense of humor?

I created you, didn't I? ;)

LoungeMachine
10-08-2005, 12:43 AM
If you were as sexy as your avatar, you would be posting from my house...;)

She has much better taste than that.....;)

Besides, anytime you get close to getting laid you disappear from here.....

How about we send Jimmy/Jeff Gannon/Guckert over to watch FAUX KNEWS with you....:D

LoungeMachine
10-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
Well, Shrub has been known to use the Christian word for jihad, 'crusade'. So, it's not too far fetched.

Careful, Pink.

I once started a thread dedicated to showing the similarities of radical Islam and Evangelical Christians.....

ELVIS about popped an artery wanting to kill me :D

Im sorry, but I can't tell the difference between the two....

LoungeMachine
10-08-2005, 12:46 AM
It's called humor...

Try it sometime...

Oh, sweet irony.....

LoungeMachine
10-08-2005, 12:52 AM
“Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, Afghanistan”
10/7/2005 9:00:00 PM GMT

Bush told two senior Palestinian officials that God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan

The U.S. President George W. Bush told two senior Palestinian officials that God gave him a personal message to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a new BBC documentary.

Bush made the comments when he met Palestinian leader- then Foreign Minister - Mahmood Abbas and Palestinian negotiator Nabil Shaath at a summit in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm al-Sheikh in June 2003, the ministers told a BBC documentary series to be broadcast in Britain next week.

Bush also told the ministers that God ordered him to establish a Palestinian state.

Shaath, now the Palestinian Information Minister, said: “President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God.

“God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.

"And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who attended the meeting too, also appears in the documentary series to recall how Bush told him: “I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

White House spokesman, Scott McClellan, said Bush never made the claims, which he described as absurd.

The three-part TV series, "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", charts recent attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former U.S. President Bill Clinton’s peace talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip this year.

The program interviews presidents and prime ministers, their generals and ministers, to reveal what happened behind closed doors as the peace talks collapsed and the Palestinian intifada, or uprising, grew.

The series is expected to be screened in Britain on October 10, 17 and 24.

• Al-Qaeda letter

The Pentagon said it obtained a letter written by al-Qaeda’s second in command, Ayman al-Zawahiri, to the group’s leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, saying the network’s tactics such as bombings and beheadings might alienate the wider Muslim population, Reuters reported.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman refused to show the letter or say how or where the letter was obtained, but said it was considered authentic and recent.

"Zawahiri says that they've lost many of their key leaders and that they've virtually resigned themselves to defeat in Afghanistan, that their lines of communication and funding have been severely disrupted," Whitman told reporters on Thursday.

"Zawahri does say that the insurgents in Iraq should avoid using tactics such as bombing of mosques and slaughtering of hostages in order not to alienate the masses. In this letter, he talks about believing that the eventual governance of Iraq must include the Muslim masses, and that they are at risk of alienating those," he added.

The 6,000-word letter, said to be written in Arabic, was dated early in July and was obtained by U.S. soldiers in Iraq, The New York Times quoted a top U.S. official as saying.

Zawahiri is number two, behind Bin Laden, in the 22 Most Wanted Terrorists List announced by the U.S. government in 2001. He has a $25m bounty on his head.

LoungeMachine
10-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by DR CHIP

"That's absurd. He's never made such comments," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Thursday.

Well, Gee....

If Scotty says so.......then it must be fact :rolleyes:

Lying sack of shit he is...

Pink Spider
10-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
She has much better taste than that.....;)

Repressed religious "right" Christians aren't exactly at the top of my list. :)

frets5150
10-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Why didn't GOD tell him to commit suicide for the good of the WORLD...FUCKIN CUNT!!!

Jesus Christ
10-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by frets5150
Why didn't GOD tell him to commit suicide for the good of the WORLD...FUCKIN CUNT!!!

It may indeed benefit the good of the world, My son. But Dad and Myself would never advocate suicide as an answer.

FORD hath a saying that I like, and would include in My parables, if I were still doing that sort of thing. He sayeth that "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

Verily, he is right, as most problems are temporary, including the Son of Bush being in thy White House.

frets5150
10-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
FORD hath a saying that I like, and would include in My parables, if I were still doing that sort of thing. He sayeth that "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".
Well I won't speak for FORD but I think in this case he would make an Exception :D

frets5150
10-08-2005, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes:

frets5150
10-08-2005, 11:09 AM
:cry:

frets5150
10-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Fuckin Dupes:o

Phil theStalker
10-08-2005, 11:38 AM
I thought I was inspired by a cockroach o1nce..

uh uh uh uh cock uh uh uh uh ro-ach uh uh uh uh

Witch leadeth mmmy butt instead t2o da uninspiring (dat's a werd) Japanese werld aff da mysteriously pokely Pokemon..

Now i'm sooooooooo fakking uninspiring (tit's a WERD!) i fergot wot dis thread is aboot..

Neva mind..

:spank:

YOU TELL ME
Wot Yoo See

Nickdfresh
10-08-2005, 11:48 AM
One must relish the irony when even PALESTINIAN members of the high command think BUSH is a disturbed, religious fanatic.:D

Phil theStalker
10-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Bush was speaking metabetazetaphorically (aff he could say dat werd).

T2o him "G-d" is David Rockefeller.:)

Tit's true.

Sometimes I hear Matt LeBlanc speaking in mmy ear telling me t2o invade Poland.

David Who?

ODShowtime
10-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider

yeah, that word gets the rag heads all uppity

Phil theStalker
10-08-2005, 01:36 PM
WOT?!

Neeeeoboody likes mmy Mmatt LeBlank Nazi jokes anymore?

I'VE BEEN FAMED!

Cathedral
10-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Um, a word to the wise...When a Christian starts doing things they claim God told them to do...do NOT take them lightly.

People do hear voices in this world and many have died because of those voices.

Nitro Express
10-09-2005, 04:02 AM
Just because the Book or Revelations says there is going to be a big world war in the middle east is no reason for Bush to start one. Hell, Bush, I am God, my son cannot return to earth until the Battle of Armegeddon rages in Migido. Do your duty Bush, start that war.

Shag
10-10-2005, 05:20 PM
bottom line is this. Are we better off now than when Bush took over? The answer is obviously yes, so I don't understand why you liberals search for things to fucking bitch about.

jhale667
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Shag
bottom line is this. Are we better off now than when Bush took over? The answer is obviously yes, so I don't understand why you liberals search for things to fucking bitch about.

Ummm.....the country is NOT better off. The deficit is spiraling out of control, a war (in Iraq at least) was sold to the country based on BULLSHIT, Osama's still on the loose...his appointments to FEMA and the Supreme Court are completely unqualified (Roberts MAYBE, Miers and Brown no fucking way) cronies.....one doesn't have to look far...
that, and THE DOLT THINKS GOD IS TALKING TO HIM!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

...meanwhile, I'm gonna keep partyin' like it's my Birthday...'cause it IS :D

ALinChainz
10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Shag is Joe Thunder.

Of course he loves the government because it supports him.

He doesn't pay taxes or drive or even work.

When he's not in jail, he's on welfare.

ODShowtime
10-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Shag

yes, obviously. :rolleyes:

Cathedral
10-10-2005, 11:18 PM
The point being missed in all of this is the fact that it is all working according to a devine spiritual plan.
The people who are making the decisions and doing all the things they are doing is by design, they're pawns in a much greater battle that is about to begin spiritually.

Since the beginning of time it has been the strong over the weak, the Good against the Evil, and this is real, folks.

As sure as i'm sitting here there is a Heaven and a Hell, there will be judgement for all and those who have not known Christ in the heart will not be ready for what is handed down to them.

Just remember this, we have a choice to seek out and follow God's will or Satan will seek us out and convince us that we are like God and should not bow down to him.
The greatest trick the Devil ever performed was convincing the world that he or God doesn't exist.
Comforting, isn't it?
Only if you believe the words of a liar.

Was George W. Bush placed in the office of President by a higher power not of this earth?

Perhaps, but does that mean that everything he does is of God?
It most certainly does not if you look at his "Behind Closed Door's" examples.
You cannot claim that the spirit that gave us the law, "Thou Shalt Not Kill" will tell any servant of his to wage a war on anyone, i don't buy that crap for a second.

I don't believe he said those things, it would be the dumbest thing he could do. but i don't see him as the dedicated servent of God he claims to be either.
People that live by their own doctrine will have no place in the presence of God.

So in essence it doesn't make a lick of difference who is calling the shots, they will still be called as they are written to be regardless of the man in authority.

Pilate was unsuccessful in washing Jesus blood from his hands and the crucifixion haunted him till his death.
Judas, was called to betray God because his soul was weak and Satan took him over. If he had dropped to his knee's and repented for his sins before that he may have been saved and the name Judas wouldn't be the one known as it is.
But someone would have betrayed Christ, greed would have seen that come to pass.

Just as if Bush hadn't started the unrest in the middle east, someone else would have.
That's the funny thing about fate, if something is supposed to happen it happens, and with little regard to the cast of players.

One of the biggest mistakes we make as humans is the thought that if we had just done something different, a different result would have come about....but who's to say it would have, really?

We are all born into sin with a seed of faith implanted in us, what we do to grow that seed is our choice and it can blossom or remain barron and fruitless.

It's all in God's hands, like it or not... ;)