PDA

View Full Version : The wonders of ego--Ray Allen

POJO_Risin
10-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Allen knew about plot to kill stepdad
Posted: Friday October 7, 2005 7:34PM; Updated: Friday October 7, 2005 9:11PM

SEATTLE (AP) -- Seattle SuperSonics guard Ray Allen spoke for the first time Friday about an alleged plot to kill his stepfather, saying his family had been aware of the situation for more than a year.

Ernest C. Garlington, 37, of Southington, Conn., is being held on a $1.7 million bond on charges he conspired to murder Derek Hopson, Allen's stepfather. Garlington and Terrence Battle, 31, of Waterbury, Conn., were charged Wednesday in a murder-for-hire plot against Hopson, a psychologist.

"It's something we have known that has been going on," Allen said after Seattle's practice. "It's unfortunate, because every story written has my name tied to it. And he feels bad about it as much as my mom does, and she doesn't want me to be tied into it. But I am connected to it."

Hopson was once married to Garlington's wife. He's now married to Flora Allen-Hopson, Allen's mother. Allen said they have been married for just under three years.

"I just want to make sure my mom is safe," Allen said. "I spoke to her yesterday. She seems fine, she's happy where she is. But we know in the future we could have to take precautionary measures just to keep my mom safe, because that's priority number one."

Garlington and Battle are accused of conspiring with a third man, 34-year-old Robbie Santos of Waterbury, to shoot Hopson in 2003.

Santos is serving an 18-year prison term for firing a shot from a .25-caliber pistol at Hopson on May 21, 2003, outside a mental health clinic in Middletown where Hopson worked. Hopson was not injured and Santos ran off when his gun jammed, according to testimony at his trial. Allen said Hopson was driving a car he purchased for his mother at the time of the shooting.

Prosecutors alleged Santos was offered $8,000 to kill Hopson.

"My primary concern is making sure [my mom] stays out of the way," Allen said. "Her husband is someone she loves, she enjoys. Unfortunately, he came from a situation before that that had some baggage and that's pretty much all the problem."

Garlington and Battle are also accused in another assault on Hopson, in the same parking lot, on Aug. 12, 2002. In that incident, Hopson was attacked with a golf club.

Arrest warrants detailing the allegations have been ordered sealed for two weeks.

"It's nothing I haven't known," Allen said. "It's just a couple of the parties involved came forward."

Battle was charged with aiding in the commission of an attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder and criminal attempt to commit murder. He was being held in lieu of $950,000 bond.

Garlington and Battle appeared briefly in court Thursday. Battle was ordered to return next Wednesday after he hires a lawyer. Garlington's next court appearance is scheduled for Oct. 17.

Garlington is director of psychological services at New Opportunities Inc., a nonprofit corporation that administers social service programs for low-income families in Waterbury and surrounding communities.

He faces charges including conspiracy to commit first-degree assault and soliciting and/or requesting the commission of a murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Allen said he received a death threat five or six years ago, and spent an entire year traveling with security. He said to keep his family safe, he'll do whatever the situation calls for.

"It's something I had to deal with and however I can keep my family safe and allow them to live a comfortable life that's what I try to do," Allen said.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

POJO_Risin
10-08-2005, 06:09 PM
You gotta love it...

he's concerned about his name being mentioned...

and...then he bags on his step dad for his past....you know...the one who had a hit put out against him...

What a fuckin' piece of shit...

conmee
10-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Motherfuckin' Pojo... until you have a step-dad you hate and want to kill, don't go throwin' stones.... ;) lmafao....

According to the talk show hosts out here, the "hitmen" were bumbling idiots, and evidently, got caught after the gun they were using locked up and failed to fire.... hahaha

Dumb motherfuckers...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Why do these fucking people hire out anyways?....dumbasses...

If you can't whack them yourself...just say no...that's what I always say...

DlocRoth
10-09-2005, 11:38 AM
And now...Deep Thoughts....

By Pojo Risin.....

POJO_Risin
10-09-2005, 11:46 AM
No...No...No...

Words to Live By...

By...

POJO...Risin...

lmfao....

WARF
10-09-2005, 01:10 PM
So what is today's deep thought?

conmee
10-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Today's Deep Thought: Icon is not allowed to unban users just because he gets a PM once every 3 years asking for such. lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Words To Live By...

By POJO...

Risin...

About five years ago, I was parasailing of the coast of Florida while vacationing in Bradenton and was daydreaming about the night before, I had drank 3/4s of a bottle of Jagermeister and recall a couple of beer bongs...followed by a flash to me laying in my own puke outside and hearing someone saying...you know...it WOULD be funny to see him do it without anyone driving the boat...

I snapped out of my haze and noticed that I was ass naked, and driving in circles without a driver in the boat.

The Coast Guard wasn't happy...

Don't pass out in your own puke when you have a chance to end up parasailing for 5 hours in the Gulf...

Don't like pussy against the grain...

and try not to eat while shitting on the toilet...

DlocRoth
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
The last one is a keeper.

On a separate Ray Allen note, maybe 4 or 5 years ago a buddy and I got some Timberwolves preseason tickets from another teacher we work with. They're playing the Bucks so why not? Being a MN boy, I have to shit on ALL THINGS Wisconsin...

So anyways, we got great seats, center court maybe 15 rows up. We are literally sitting right behind Kevin McHale.

Now I'm a drinker....

So we're getting really fucked up on $6 rum n cokes and start gettin on Ray Allen. There's maybe 5,000 people there, so I can hear me, Kevin McHale can hear me, and I know Ray can hear me, cuz he's lookin at me. This was right after "He Got Game" came out, so we're yelling nothing but Jesus Shuttlesworth for 3 solid quarters....my voice is shot at halftime, ya know, where it's gone but it's not....you kinda sound like a straight Harvey Firestein or something. So we finally got kicked out in the middle of the 4th quarter, Ray dropped in about 40 on the porous Wolves D, and I couldnt talk for a week. But Ray looked at us at least 10 times...it was fuckin great.

The best part? Kevin McHale never turned around once.

POJO_Risin
10-10-2005, 11:03 PM
That's because Kevin McHale was in Deep Thought...

Deep Thought

by Kevin McHale

I just want Bird to pat me on the ass

just once...

Brett
10-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Ray Allen has always been a self-absorbed prick. He's probably the most successful one-dimensional player in the NBA. Can't get to the basket, can't defend, yet gets max dollars because he can shoot the three. Amazing.

POJO_Risin
10-10-2005, 11:15 PM
amazing? Isn't that really the story of the NBA these days?

There are far worst players that make a shiteload...

Remember that nimrod for Seattle that was pulling in over 10 mill a year a few years back...

a center...that never averaged more than 5 points and 5 boards a game...

some big white goof...

Not making excuses for Allen...

but there are worse players...

Brett
10-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Big white goof? Hmmmm.....Shawn Kemp? Oh that's right he's Mexican. :) Hmmmm? Need more info.

Absolutely there are far worse players making more than they should, but what does he make, $15 mil a year to shoot 3's? Geez, that's a great gig if you can get it.

High Life Man
10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
And I'd shit on all things Minnesota, but that would be like shitting on shit.

Allen is all class. I remember when he got traded here, he grabbed a table and sat outside of Summerfest and signed autographs all day.