PDA

View Full Version : Nicoshot

Molly Blue
10-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Good idea? Bad idea?

I have always enjoyed my vices one at a time.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16801771%255E23109,00.html

Nicotine beer in the pipeline
From correspondents in London
October 03, 2005
A GERMAN company has come up with a novel way of beating bans on smoking in pubs – put the nicotine in the beer.

A new beer, known as NicoShot, is undergoing testing in Germany with hopes it can be moved toward approval in the next few months.

Each beer contains three milligrams of nicotine and a 6.3 per cent alcohol reading.

Its German maker, Nautilus, claims the beer is designed to help smokers quit the habit rather than make the drink addictive.

"While NicoShot can lessen cravings, it is not a 'cure' for smoking," Nautilus said.

"But it can help you make changes in your lifestyle without having to walk out of the bar for a quick smoke to deal with sudden withdrawal symptoms.

"Over time, when you are more comfortable being a non-smoker, the use of nicotine beer can be reduced and then stopped."

bueno bob
10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Interesting...

Hell, I'd try it.

Seshmeister
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
You would think that it will taste horrible.

bueno bob
10-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Probably will, but it'll save looking for a lighter, at any rate.

thome
10-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Why not jus dump a ashtray in your glass fill up w beer fuk the midddle Man.Thats what i say, Corporate..... Why i outta .....

Soul Reaper
10-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Anything organic or anything medical is usually disgusting.

FORD
10-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Even so, if it's German beer, it would still be better than Buttweiper or Coors.

Not that I'd ever need to try it, not being a nicotine addict.

On the other hand, when Guinness comes out with a caffeinated stout for coffee addicts, let me know.

(RedHook used to make a Double Black Stout with Starbucks coffee, but I think they discontinued it :( )