PDA

View Full Version : CREAM Royal Albert Hall DVD

Rikk
10-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Holy fucking shit!!

Buy this fucker. This is a great DVD. And you're talking to someone who gets disappointed pretty easily with music DVDs. I love concert DVDs, but very often the sound or performance can be somehow compromised, or the filming can suck...or something. Not in this case. (Mind you, most concerts filmed at the RAH seem to come out great...check out the George Harrison tribute.)

Now, I'm a Clapton fan...but don't let that be a deciding factor, because I think Beck, Page, Van Halen, Zappa, Gaines and others blow Clapton away.

But this is top-notch shit. Great set list (except for the sadly absent TALES OF BRAVE ULYSSES), some amazing performances (SWEET WINE and BADGE in particular are amazing)...and excellent filming. This is crystal clear picture, adventurous camera angles, handheld shots, really bright color...and awesome DTS sound.

I haven't even finished watching the whole thing, but I had to come over and type this because this is a more than satisfying purchase. I'm gonna watch this thing a ton of times.:)

Rebel
10-10-2005, 07:01 PM
I bought two cd sets for me and my dad, love it. I may have to check out that dvd.

guitarboy5150
10-10-2005, 11:54 PM
it really is a great dvd tho it could of used some wah on white room

also the cover of stormy monday was awesome

i also loved we're going wrong

Bill Lumbergh
10-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Got this fucker the day it came out. I have NO interest in Clapton post-1970..........big Cream fan, and I just wanted to see if he could still "play". While he did take some "shortcuts", overall I'm pleased with the DVD. Would definitely check them out if they ever came to the Bay Area..........

Rikk
10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Shut up, BILL.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with you 100%, hombre...it's a show worth checking out. The person I think has lost something with age (watching the DVD) is Jack Bruce. He can't quite belt out the high notes the way he used to. SPOONFUL, for instance, doesn't have quite the same tension that it did in 1966. Still, Clapton can really kick you in the head with his solos. A great DVD.

ELVIS
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Such complaining crybabies...:rolleyes:

Rikk
10-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Who's complaining?:D This is a tribute thread to a great DVD.

I have to say that I didn't like your jumpsuits for the last couple of tours.:mad:

Bill Lumbergh
10-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Such complaining crybabies...:rolleyes:

You forgot your tough ass :rolleyes: machine gunner! Ooh scary!

DABSR
10-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Sorry for possibly asking the stupidest question of all time, but I am kinda out fo the loop (I'm lucky i can reply to some of the Forum's threads) anyhow ...why the fuck aren't THEY touring the world ?!?!?!?!

Anybody ? I mean .... I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear/see them do two of my favorites, their version of Booker T's "Born under a bad sign" and "Anyone for tennis ?"

Are those on the DVD ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Rebel
10-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Can't we all just get along?? :D

Why aren't they touring the world? Who the fuck knows, they could make a shitload of money off of it, seems like they should. I'd be there in a second too.

Born Under a Bad Sign is on there, Tennis ain't.

Alex Mogilny
10-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by DABSR
Sorry for possibly asking the stupidest question of all time, but I am kinda out fo the loop (I'm lucky i can reply to some of the Forum's threads) anyhow ...why the fuck aren't THEY touring the world ?!?!?!?!

Ginger and Jack have both had serious heaelth issues. Jack had a bout with cancer and Ginger had to have some discs fused in his back.
These 2 are not the picture of ideal health.

ELVIS
10-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
You forgot your tough ass :rolleyes: machine gunner! Ooh scary!

<marquee direction=right>:elvis::elvis::elvis::elvis::elvis::elvis:</marquee>

:elvis:

Hardrock69
10-14-2005, 09:33 AM
They are playing Madison Square Garden in about 10 days.

This DVD is great.

I too wish they had played Tales Of Brave Ulysses. That is my favorite song by them.

Even so, they have a rather large body of material on this DVD.

Clapton rips it up more than he has in decades!

Bill Lumbergh
10-14-2005, 12:38 PM
<marquee direction=right>:elvis::elvis::elvis::elvis::elvis::elvis:</marquee>

There ya go! :D

guitarboy5150
10-14-2005, 07:31 PM
omg!!!!!!!!! today i just happened to stumble on a envelope from ticketmaster addressed to my mom...since i havent heard her say she was going to any concerts i just took a peek inside and what do i find? CREAM TICKETS!!!!! im so excited, the only downside is its rear stage jacks side(317)...but im still so happy that i can see all of these guys play together

ELVIS
10-14-2005, 10:59 PM
omg!!!!!

omg!!!!!

omg!!!!!

R U a girl ??

guitarboy5150
10-15-2005, 12:04 PM
no...dont fuckin be jeleous...im just excited to see a band that is one of my favorite for the first time

Bill Lumbergh
10-16-2005, 10:30 PM
omg!!!!!

omg!!!!!

omg!!!!!

R U a girl ??

LMFAO!

Rikk
10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I too wish they had played Tales Of Brave Ulysses. That is my favorite song by them.

Me too. When I was opening the package of the DVD, I was stoked to hear that one, and then realized that it wasn't on the DVD...:mad: