PDA

View Full Version : We're all going to die eventually!

Cathedral
10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Being as death is a given for everyone on earth, I want to know that if you had a choice on how to die, What would you choose?

I have lost friends to drugs, two were shot in fights, one burned to death in his car on his way to work one morning, a girlfriend of mine shot herself point blank in the chest, and family members throughout my life have died from various reasons from cancer to suicide.

Well, my cousin died two days ago from a massive heart attack and if that wasn't enough, one of my old friends from art school died later the same day in a motorcycle accident, so it hasn't been a good week in my circle to say the least.

So my mind is wondering, how would i want to die?

I think i would prefer to die by explosion.
It's quick and from what i have seen, it looks pretty painless except for maybe feeling heat impact an instant before death.

I have seen people suffer and die slowly, i don't want that for myself or my family.

But what are your thought's on the matter?

How would you choose to die if you had that choice?

MAX
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Peacefully, old and in my sleep.

Rikk
10-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear your news, bro. Very sad.

I guess I'd have to pick how my grandfather died...an aneurysm. Runs in my family. He was in his mid 80s, feeling great, had a nice morning with the wife, started feeling cold in his feet and went upstairs and fell asleep. In other words, he probably never saw it coming, it happened quickly (aneurysm burst) and he didn't dwindle in the time before it. Really the best way one could hope for.

That is how I would choose it. But since cancer is so rampant in my family, I always expect that that's how I'll buy it. Or a car accident...been having a recurring dream forever that I would die in a car.

diamondsgirl
10-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Peacefully, old and in my sleep.

exactly how my grandma died

she went to bed after the 11:00 news as always and did not wake up

she had a slight smile on her face when she was found in the morning

thats how I wanna go too, she was able to care for herself 100% until the day she died and was still smart as a whip

Seshmeister
10-10-2005, 10:57 PM
I sometimes worry that even posting in a Cathedral thread will unleash his bad luck death karma onto me...:)

Seshmeister
10-10-2005, 11:07 PM
We've actually all been a bit unlucky.

There's a good chance that gene therapy will defeat most age related deaths in the next 30-50 years time.

Our kids might all live to 150.

Anonymous
10-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Sorry to hear those bad news, brother Cat... bad stuff does happen, and all we can do is try and keep a positive and upbeat attitude about it, right?

Anyways, as for dying, I've got it all figured out for myself. One thing I'd hate is to not be able to take care of myself, to need someone to keep me alive. In my opinion that's not even living anymore. So, when I'm back to pissing on bed, I'll just fix a nice warm bath, get myself in it, and SLICE! Off goes the wrists. The warm water will keep it quite painless while at the same time speeding up the bleeding process. It'll be fading away slowly and peacefully, a smile on my face, remembering all I've done, all I've failed to do, all I could've done...

Man, sounds so good I'm even tempted to go and do it right now! :D

Seriously, I think the only drawback in this shit is a bathtub full of blood for anyone coming in to find you dead. Possiby an emotional shock, some sort of trauma or some shit. :rofl:

But, boys and girls, while it can be fun thinking about how you'll die, bottom line is this: for good or bad, you're only here once... better enjoy it 'till the end. No second chance, no comin' back. Plenty of time to die when you're dead. So enjoy every single moment in your life, whether you're eating, swimming, sleeping, screwing, jacking off, riding a bike or lifting weights, it doesn't matter. Life's horribly beautiful, or beautifully horrid, and you only get it once. So live it to the fullest!

Cheers! :bottle:

Cathedral
10-10-2005, 11:50 PM
It seems to me that only the good people die young, seriously.
I know total pieces of shit that get every break and stomp on anyone under them to stay on top that never even have headaches.
Yet two of the most wonderfully giving and loving people i have ever known die's in the same day, it makes me think of my own mortality, which resulted in this thread.

I got a PM stating God picks on me, but it wasn't me that was taken from this earth so i don't see that at all.
I do however take it as a message that screams loud and clear, "Boy, get your act together before your turn comes!"

When we laid our grandfather to rest in Sept. of '94 i was troubled by my lack of sorrow. But i have since discovered that the tide changed in me, maybe it was just attending tons of funerals in my life, but anyway...I began to see a peace in the dead that cannot be found in the living. Sorrow is for the living, not the dead.
It is the living who carries the pain of loss with them, some to the point of insanity due to guilt or something else.
But to the dead, it is finished, the best most expensive funeral means nothing to them.

I pity the living actually, because we are going to see things happen in this world that nobody ever thought or dreamed possible.
The dead should and probably are feeling sorrow for us, especially for the lost souls who will die lost.

Again the lesson presented itself to me that tomorrow is not guarenteed, but it is a blessing not to be taken for granted.

How's that song go?
"You could be dead tomorrow, today may be your last chance"

Think about it, then live life as if it is your last day, everyday.

rustoffa
10-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Cat, I've had to deal with one fairly recently as well.

That being said, the whole final solution thing is weird. I can't comment on it without typing something stupid as shit.

Rikk
10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
I don't believe in the afterlife. This is both a blessing and a curse. Very depressing to think about sometimes, but I can't help what I believe.

Cathedral
10-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
I don't believe in the afterlife. This is both a blessing and a curse. Very depressing to think about sometimes, but I can't help what I believe.

If you had experienced some of the tings i have in my darker period, you would believe.
I've seen enough to know that there are evil spirits as well as angels all over the place, all of the time.

Whether or not they are of people we knew or just images from the Devil to appeal to our sense of compassion...who knows, i never had a chat with any of them.

But you cannot deny what you see with your own eyes or the instant change in room temperatures you feel in their presence.

There is something after life, that's all i am 100% sure of.

Anonymous
10-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
If you had experienced some of the tings i have in my darker period, you would believe.
I've seen enough to know that there are evil spirits as well as angels all over the place, all of the time.

Whether or not they are of people we knew or just images from the Devil to appeal to our sense of compassion...who knows, i never had a chat with any of them.

But you cannot deny what you see with your own eyes or the instant change in room temperatures you feel in their presence.

There is something after life, that's all i am 100% sure of.

C'mon Cat... you're always so logical in everything you say... I'm sure there's a good reason for you to state this, but are you sure you weren't smoking anything at that time? Try VERY hard to remember, and if you do, please, PLEASE tell me what it was.

'Coz I want some too! :baaa:

Ozzy Fudd
10-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss's Cat. When my Cousin passed away last year it was Rough on both SusieQ and me. She was a woman full of life, and the C word just ate her up.

Ozzy Fudd
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
On the lighter side of this thread about how i would like to go....... Well, i would like to go like my Grandfather did in his sleep, not yelling and screaming like the people did on the bus that he was driving.

flappo
10-11-2005, 10:41 AM
haaha

you have to laugh at death , i guess

cos thinking aboot the inevitable is fucking awful

it's almost as bad as realising dave's never gonna rejoin vh

almost

Jimmy Jingles
10-11-2005, 12:01 PM
I would like to pass while having a big tittied blonde tounging my ballsack.

Pure Heaven!

Hardrock69
10-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah....I wanna die in my sleep of old age, after an evening of insane sex, some good reefer and kickass music. Oh, and it has to be after I turn 100. Nothing less will do.

Jimmy Jingles
10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Yeah....I wanna die in my sleep of old age, after an evening of insane sex, some good reefer and kickass music. Oh, and it has to be after I turn 100. Nothing less will do.

LMFAO!!!

To be 100 years old and smoking a bowl...fucking classic!

Susie Q
10-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
Sorry to hear of your loss's Cat. When my Cousin passed away last year it was Rough on both SusieQ and me. She was a woman full of life, and the C word just ate her up.

Tell me about it! I am STILL wrecked just thinking about it. There isn't a day that passes that I don't think about her in some way, or speak of her. Her death has done a number on me to say the least. People come and go, and to see that SHE could leave us so early.....means there is no rhyme or reason to death. Anyone could go at ANY time. Death is not merciful. My ex-sister in law also has cancer and she is just a few years older than me. If Tracy (my cousin) can go, anyone can.

I recently had a brush with death myself. I was in the hospital for over a week with a infection that went through my entire system. The Doctors feared to open me up and told me there was a chance of me dying. So THANK GOD I was treated with heavy duty antibiotics through IV, and major pain killers. I have kids to raise. I could only think what the hell would happen to them if I were to leave them so young.

In all, I was in the hospital for over 15 days. Not being able to wipe your own ass, or walk on your own, do anything that you take for granted.....it's a hard lesson to learn. It's humbled me more than I already was.

So to die, I wanna wait until I know my babies are well enough on their own and have someone beside them to take care of them the way I would.

I wanna die peacefully in my sleep at a fairly old age.

Cathedral
10-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Naaa, I wasn't smoking pot, Ima...I hadn't yet discovered it's soothing qualities at that point in time, that came later.

I'm what the laymen call a confused spirit.
I believe in God, I believe in Satan, I believe our existance on earth is but the beginning of what our spiritual-life purpose is.

I have seen and experienced things, physical things, that prove to me that there is something after life.
And if there are lost entities, where did they come from?

My conclusion, and it sent me seeking a church, was that if the evil shit i was into was real it only makes sense that God is real.
One experience hit so close to home in eerie ways that i fear becoming a lost spirit that just roams around in unrest. you can sense and literally see the misery...

You can't convict a person if there is reasonable doubt, so i can't see how anyone concludes there is no God given things like this happening through history along with countless other miracles that happen every second, everyday, somewhere, to someone.

It is worth investigating, but i find that there are many many many people who are corrupt in their doctrine so finding the truth requires even more faith that the truth will appear when the time is right.
Like the Ark of the Covenent, the bible says where it is, and it will not surface until the time is right with proof that no man will be able to discount that everything the bible says is true. even if books were left out of it, and even though man has altered the word of God since day 1.

I almost feel a little jealous when someone i know dies. they have taken the journey that the explorer in me wants to take but i'm not in any hurry to buy the ticket, if you know what i mean.

No matter, however it goes when my time comes, I will not be having an open casket viewing at the layout.
My mother disagreed so i put it in my will that under no circumstances am i to be put on display for anyone.
I may add that it be held outside...funeral homes just smell bad, and yes, i do know why.

It doesn't matter how we die, once we're dead our bodies are just an empty mass of flesh.

ODShowtime
10-11-2005, 06:09 PM
SMACK

Rebel
10-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your losses Cat. I'm not a very spiritual person, but I do believe there is something after this life.

As far as how I would like to die, never thought about it really, but I guess in my sleep. Of course, the big-boobed blonde doesn't sound bad either.

thome
10-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Sorry about your loss Cat :I would like to go fighting a prime 5 yr old
male Lion with nothing but a bowie knife on some empty african
savana,in 110 degree heat , just me and him .Other than that
I aint goin.
If i could pick my time but noone can so, jus do withit what cha got....

Matt White
10-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Sorry about your loss CAT.....

"All that lives is born to die....."

The Scatologist
10-11-2005, 10:03 PM
I would wanna go out while taking a poop.

Just so when someone finds me, they have to wipe my bum bum for me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Evil laugh)

Seshmeister
10-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by thome
Sorry about your loss Cat :I would like to go fighting a prime 5 yr old
male Lion with nothing but a bowie knife on some empty african
savana,in 110 degree heat , just me and him .Other than that
I aint goin.

I'm sure if we got a collection going we could raise enough for an airfare and a loincloth...

thome
10-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I'm sure if we got a collection going we could raise enough for an airfare and a loincloth...
Not to worry my friend .I am secure in my self enough to fight a nude
lion.You may inquire w/ him if he wants to wear such a garment?

BALLYJUNKIE
10-12-2005, 07:18 AM
HOW ABOUT DIE A" ROCK STAR "DEATH ,GO OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY .1 THERES A PLANE CRASH " ROCK STAR DEATH - BUDDY HOLLY .RITCHIE VALENS , RANDY ROADES.CAR CRASH ,JAMES DEAN RAZZLE .CLIFF BURTON . OR THE THE #1 WAY MOST ROCK STARS GO OUT, DRUG OVERDOSE HENDRIX ,BONHAM ,MORRISON ,ELVIS ECT .NOT MANY ROCK STARS DIE OF OLD AGE IN THIER SLEEP THATS THE BESTAY TO GO .

Anonymous
10-12-2005, 11:38 AM
You know brother Cat, I almost envy the experiences you say you had with the afterlife... if what you say is indeed true, then I guess there IS something after we die. BUT, I'm the sort of person who has to see to believe. And if I do see, I do believe. I actually WANT to believe, but without first-hand experiences, it's in my nature to doubt anything supernatural. And that's why I almost envy you.

Quite confusing... I can't put it any better than this: I call bullshit in anything that seems impossible, but if I'm proven wrong, I'm the first to acknowledge it. And I love being proven wrong. Means I learned something.

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 04:45 AM
Sorry to hear the sad news Cathedral. I don't care how spiritual a person is or how much faith in an afterlife they have, losing a relative or friend is still tough.

As far as knowing if there is an afterlife for sure is something that cannot be scientifically proven. Man has made great techological strides but even at that, we are nothing in the whole scope of things. Sure, medical science can prolong some people's lives but what kind of quality of life are you going to have?

Some people die at birth and some die over the age of 100. One certainy of life is it's unfair. There is no justice. I believe this mortal life is a small part of a larger existance and we came here to be tested and to learn. Then we die and move on to something else. Hopefully good.

As far as dying goes, as long as it is quick and painless if fine with me.

As far as killing myself goes, it's not going to happen. I believe God frowns on people cutting their lives short. Like I said, we are here to be tested and to learn and grow. Killing yourself is murder. You murdered yourself. You've cut your live short and anyone who knows anyone who's committed suicide knows the horrendousley sad feeling it leaves with friends and loved ones. Suicide is not painless for those who are left.

But if I was to kill myself, I probably would wash some Phenol Barbitol down with some vodka. That's what those crazy Hail Boppers did. Supposedly painless and quick. I would also rig up a loud alarm so people would find my body before it degenerated into a rotten mess. I used to work at a funeral home and believe me, you want people to find your body quick. It does everyone a favor, especially the poor people who have to embalm your ass.

Cathedral
10-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Hey, i want to thank all of you for your words of condolence. I initially ignored them, i don't know why but i just couldn't reply to those responses until now.
I just woke up from 12 hours of slumber, can't tell you the last time i had more than 4 hours sleep in one night, it was invigorating.

Now that the uncomfortable task of being around people you only see at weddings and funerals is over, its time to relax and have a few drinks...ease back into the mood of the living.

But a note on suicide... 'years ago a good friend's older brother took an entire prescription of 36 Precodan's, along with 8 of 12 Budweisers over a period of two hours while watching a movie with his mom.
He ate the pills like they were M&M's...by the way, the guy was a HUGE Classic Van Halen fan and died a loyal DLR fan!)
When the movie was over his mom thought he had been sleeping the last half hour but he had actually been dead for that long.
He slipped into a coma, and the heart just stopped beating, no massive attack, it just slowed down and stopped like a duracell battery.

That's pretty painless, but self induced and against the rules...

Oh well, time to get on gettin' on............

Later!

Dirty Duck
10-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Sorry about the losses brother...I've been there myself. Lost my mom to cancer back in 98'...buried her Christmas day. Life can be cruel. From watching my mother suffer and then having her die in my arms I learned a valuble lesson: Live every day as though It was your last. My mother was a great woman and a good friend. I always felt i was gonna die young..but I'm 30 now so who knows. R .I. P. to those you lost and I hope I go peacefully with classic VH at my funeral. Love ya mom!

The Scatologist
10-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

But if I was to kill myself, I probably would wash some Phenol Barbitol down with some vodka. That's what those crazy Hail Boppers did. Supposedly painless and quick. I would also rig up a loud alarm so people would find my body before it degenerated into a rotten mess. I used to work at a funeral home and believe me, you want people to find your body quick. It does everyone a favor, especially the poor people who have to embalm your ass.

Hey, Nitro

Serious question

You know how they say that your bowels discharge after death?

Who cleans up all the poo?:confused:

DlocRoth
10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
My dad died of a massive heart attack about 27 hours ago...

I was holding his hand and watched his lips slowly turn blue....

Took his last breath and..poof..

I haven't cried yet. I don't feel much of anything yet. It worries me. I'm waiting on the breakdown, don't want it to happen in the car or while picking my kid up from kindergarten...

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind taking a stray bullet through my living room window into my brain....maybe watchin Road Rules or something...swallowing the last sip of a cocktail.

classicdude
10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm reminded of a gag band name I heard one time - "Death By Blowjob." Sounds like a good enough way to go for me. :cool:

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 08:25 PM
The poo, piss, blood, and other nasties are either cleaned up by the hospital, morg, or funeral home. It all depends on where you die. Believe me, niether the morg or the funeral home likes to put corpses covered in shit in the freezer.

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 08:26 PM
It all makes me happy as hell that I was just an usher and herse driver.

fryingdutchman
10-17-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
I guess I'd have to pick how my grandfather died...an aneurysm. Runs in my family. He was in his mid 80s, feeling great, had a nice morning with the wife, started feeling cold in his feet and went upstairs and fell asleep. In other words, he probably never saw it coming, it happened quickly (aneurysm burst) and he didn't dwindle in the time before it. Really the best way one could hope for.

That is how I would choose it. But since cancer is so rampant in my family, I always expect that that's how I'll buy it. Or a car accident...been having a recurring dream forever that I would die in a car.

Or this....

fryingdutchman
10-17-2005, 06:06 AM
Just kidding, Rikk.

Seriously though....sorry to hear about your loss(es) Cathedral.

I'm a "peacefully in my sleep" kind of guy myself.

ZahZoo
10-17-2005, 02:51 PM
I'd rather not see it coming... blam and be gone.