PDA

View Full Version : About.com - The Greatest Ghost Photos Ever Taken

Hardrock69
10-11-2005, 12:46 PM
This is great as All Hallow's Eve will soon be upon us....

Here is a photo from the webpage:

http://paranormal.about.com/library/graphics/brown_lady_lg.jpg

Part 1 (2 pages) (http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa101402a.htm)

Part 2 (3 pages) (http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa102102a.htm)

Part 3 (2 pages) (http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa101804a.htm)

Soul Reaper
10-11-2005, 01:05 PM
It gives me the creeps just looking at them...

Soul Reaper
10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
WTF?

http://paranormal.about.com/library/graphics/best_hooded_lg.jpg

Soul Reaper
10-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Look at this....

http://paranormal.about.com/library/media/bogota_shadow.wmv

Hardrock69
10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Here is a website of a paranormal investigation organization:

http://www.ghostresearch.org/

And here is their page with a list of both real and faked (or explainable) photos.

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/index.html

Hardrock69
10-11-2005, 03:19 PM
There is a page dealing with haunted Civil War battlefields here:

http://www.ghostresearch.org/articles/battle.html

This true story is fucking amazing! I have seen several documentaries on cable about paranormal incidents at Gettysburg...

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania has its share of brushes with the paranormal. During this gruesome battle, the apparition of George Washington appeared to the Confederate troops, caused a major retreat and perhaps gave the Union troops a victory. Edward Stanton, Secretary of War under Abraham Lincoln even went as far as conducting an official investigation of the incident.

On that July day of 1863, General Oliver Hunt recalled the event as the impetus that gave his men the victory at Gettysburg. He was attempting to defend a hill called Little Roundtop and his men were holding their ground even though sheets of bullets and gunfire were constantly cutting down wave after wave of the enemy.

Suddenly the Union men ran out of ammunition and General Hunt was sure he would have to retreat. A tall figure astride a white horse suddenly appeared in the midst of the battle. The rider was dressed in the era of the Revolutionary War. Hunt swears that the man's face was that of George Washington, "The Father of Our Country"!

At that point, the figure simply raised his hand and lead a charge down the hill at the Rebels, who were taken off guard at such a bold maneuver. Raising their bayonets, the men swooped down on the Rebels who turned and fled.

Even to this very day, strange reports still surface of a man mounted on a magnificent white stallion that gallops through the battlefields. He is often described as having a luminous aura or hazy white glow around him. He appears to be wearing a tricorn hat and while some people have attempted to flag him down, he never hears them and just rides away and disappears.

Hardrock69
10-11-2005, 03:22 PM
LMFAO!

Here is something else from this site:

A surprisingly number of misconceptions can arise when trying to translate a concept from one language to another. The Pepsi Cola company found this out when mounting an ad campaign in Taiwan. The slogan was supposed to read "Come Alive with the Pepsi Generation." Unfortunately, translated into Chinese it read, "Pepsi Will Bring Your Ancestors Back From the Dead."

Soul Reaper
10-11-2005, 03:27 PM
LOL!

Pepsi does mysterious things....

Soul Reaper
10-11-2005, 03:27 PM
what do you think of that reaper pic I posted, hardrock?

Soul Reaper
10-11-2005, 03:28 PM
in proportion to the objects behind it's supposed to be nine feet tall...it's called the Spectre of Newby Church....

Susie Q
10-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
LMFAO!

Here is something else from this site:

A surprisingly number of misconceptions can arise when trying to translate a concept from one language to another. The Pepsi Cola company found this out when mounting an ad campaign in Taiwan. The slogan was supposed to read "Come Alive with the Pepsi Generation." Unfortunately, translated into Chinese it read, "Pepsi Will Bring Your Ancestors Back From the Dead."

No WONDER I see dead people. ;) I LOVE pepsi. :p

Matt White
10-11-2005, 09:39 PM
This is great as All Hallow's Eve will soon be upon us....

Here is a photo from the webpage:

http://paranormal.about.com/library/graphics/brown_lady_lg.jpg

Part 1 (2 pages) (http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa101402a.htm)

Part 2 (3 pages) (http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa102102a.htm)

Part 3 (2 pages) (http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa101804a.htm) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

BRILLIANT!!! I photoshopped this very pic about a year ago.....with our fav Kook inserted!!!

Kewl thread!!!

Hardrock69
10-12-2005, 03:53 AM
The 9-foot tall spook...well I dunno.
I will not deny such stuff happens, but the Spirit Of Newby Church....well, if it is true that experts analyzed the film and found it to NOT be the result of a double-exposure, then I dunno what the fuck it is.

I have had friends who have had paranormal experiences that could not be denied. One of them told me of the nanny that lived with his family when he was a kid. She eventually died some years later.

They took a family photo in front of the house not long after she died, and when they got the photo developed, there she was...standing slightly behind them, and a little transparent.

It is late. Time for me to go to bed.

:cool:

Warham
10-12-2005, 06:54 AM
I like reading this stuff, but I've never had even a slightly paranormal experience. No ghosts, UFOs, or even wanding through the Twilight Zone late at night. :D

Hardrock69
10-12-2005, 11:53 AM
:cool:

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I was thinking of bumping the "ghost-story" thread you started a while ago Hardrock69, I love this stuff even if I am generally a skeptic.

Soul Reaper
10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
The 9-foot tall spook...well I dunno.
I will not deny such stuff happens, but the Spirit Of Newby Church....well, if it is true that experts analyzed the film and found it to NOT be the result of a double-exposure, then I dunno what the fuck it is.

I scares me to even think what it could be if it's real....didn't a Reverend take the picture....it kinda brings up the truth factor a bit more....

Hardrock69
10-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Nick, go for it.

Funny thing is, I have always felt that if I saw a ghost, I would want to try to communicate with it.

I have read too many stories of people, say in the UK who were on a tour of some castle...and some lady comes walking along the hall towards them in a 17th-century dress or some shit and walks by them, and they think it is an actor or a real pwerson in costume, until they turn their heads to watch it go on down the hall only to discover there is nothing there.....

Some appearances just seem to be recordings of events gone by....but other peeps report that the ghost responded to them or watched them or whatever, indicating that it is an actual sentient entity, and not just some spiritual recording of say some woman riding a bannister and coming real hard from the friction and falling off...
:D

Soul Reaper
10-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Nick, go for it.

Funny thing is, I have always felt that if I saw a ghost, I would want to try to communicate with it.

I'd be shitting myself...

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 04:25 AM
In the Christian faith, the ressurection might answer some questions regarding spirits of those who have passed on. The first ressurection was when Christ was ressurected after three days of laying in the tomb. The bible states that the graves were opened and many of the dead walked the earth again before they were assended to heaven.

Only those people who live a righteouse lifestyle will be ressurected in the first ressurection. The rest will not be ressurected until the end of the earths final millenium. For our times the first ressurection will be at Jesus's second coming.

Looking at this, it's quite evident that the world we now live in, is full of spirits of dead people who do not qualify for the first ressurection and are waiting for the last ressurection and judgement. Many of these spirits are not happy people and as is taught in the bible, what you were in mortality so does that go with you into the spirit realm.

Why do some spirits hang around houses they used to live in, old battle sights, places where tragedy happened, or a favorite place of theirs? Because, they are still here on earth, they remember those things. They are people with feelings but they exist in a different dimension. The spirit world. Like certain bandwidths of light or frequencies of sound, there are energy levels that we don't sense; even though they do exist. We could be surrounded by other beings and not even know they are there nor do they see us. Sometimes the dimension between us gets thin and we get a peek of them and they get a peek of us.

Apparently for a ghost to show themselves to a mortal, they have to expend great amounts of energy. Many say they can feel a ghost and it feels cold. This is because the ghost is expending the resident energy and pulling the heat from the air. For whateever reason, these individual ghosts want to remind people of what happened in the past. Maybe at places like Gettysburg, they want to make the point that they died there and remind us of what a horrible tragedy it was. Maybe some still want to live in their old residence and don't like the mortal intruders.

Apparently, most spirits move on but some seem avoid crossing over and want to stay close to mortality. It's these few that produce the ghost sightings. They either want to exist and live the same mortal life they did before they died or they are sad/angry people who spook the shit out of people.

ashstralia
10-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The first ressurection was when Christ was ressurected after three days of laying in the tomb.

i thought Jesus resurrected a few people (lazarus?)
before His resurrection.

anyhoo, that's a cool site, the 'your true tales' page is interesting too.

ashstralia
10-13-2005, 06:02 AM
'the sixth sense'
might be not far from the truth.
maybe some deadn's don't know they's dead.

Soul Reaper
10-13-2005, 10:49 AM
the "true stories" might not be so true....I read one on telekinesis on there and it said this guy just moved something with his mind by just thinking move for a few minutes and 'channeling the energy' to the object....sounds like bullshit if you ask me....i tried it and it didn't work....but I do keep an open mind about ESP and Telekinesis....

Last_Child
10-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Amazing what you can do with Photoshop...

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Resurrection is different than bringing one back from the dead in the sense that when one is ressurrected they get a perfect body. Lazurus would only die again and then get his final ressurection with a perfect body. Jesus only extended his mortal life.

Everyone born will be ressurected, and recieve a perfect body. Mother Terresa, Hitler, Stalin, Jeffery Dahmer, the pope, Oprah, David Lee Roth, Charles Manson, Jimmy Carter.

No matter who you are or how you lived your life for good or bad, you will be ressurected but at different times and different destinations of the your final judgement.

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 06:16 PM
The ghosts people sense or even see are nothing more than unressurected beings, lost in the spirit prison. For many, being stuck in the spirit prison is part of their punishment. For the righteouse have gone on to their paridisicle glory but the wicked are stuck in their telesial state on a telesial world.

I just find this reasoning explains the ghost thing in a pretty cool fashion. Whether it's true or not depends on whether you believe it.

larbo
10-13-2005, 09:48 PM
great thread! I'm a paranormal investigator in my spare time. I've seen and heard shit that is unexplainable. I am also a very skeptical person. you have to be 'cause theres a lot of fakes out there. this pic here is pixed like hell but I can see the dog and the baby. keep in mind there is nothing on the tombstone that the baby is on. when me and my wife went back the next day to see if something on the tombstone could have caused this, it was the headstone of a two week old baby! creepy shit. theres also some green plasma shit to the left of the pic. there were no flowers or nothing there. its a hill that drops over rather steep.

Nitro Express
10-14-2005, 02:44 AM
I didn't believe in ghosts until I had a pretty good chat with a friend of mine who died years ago. My sister in-law saw the man who died in the house her and her husband bought.

If you think people dissapear just because they died and this life is it, then you are mistaken. Sure there's lots of fakes. Like religion, most of the perpetrators have alterior motives or just want to fuck with you.

Too many legitimate people have had experiences with the spirits of deceased.

Phil theStalker
10-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I didn't believe in ghosts until I had a pretty good chat with a friend of mine who died years ago. My sister in-law saw the man who died in the house her and her husband bought.

If you think people dissapear just because they died and this life is it, then you are mistaken. Sure there's lots of fakes. Like religion, most of the perpetrators have alterior motives or just want to fuck with you.

Too many legitimate people have had experiences with the spirits of deceased. Nitro Express,

I was born on HALLOWEEN!

:spank:

HOLA!

Last_Child
10-14-2005, 09:01 AM
uhuhuh

Vinnie Velvet
10-14-2005, 10:20 AM
These guys should be able to help. :D

http://www.poster.net/ghostbusters/ghostbusters-photo-ghostbusters-6203138.jpg

Seriously though, I think there are some real elements of ghosts out there.

Pretty freaky to think about.

Nitro Express
10-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Born on Halloween? I guess that means you get lots of candy and can dress up on your birthday. I like to have sex on my birthday and the problem with Halloween is the damn bell keeps ringing and then you can't get it up because you are worrying if those damn kids are going to pull a prank on you.