PDA

View Full Version : The Hair Metal Appreciation Thread

Unchainme
10-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Ok, I know I am going to get hugely criticized for this, But Damnit i can't help the fact I love the fucking genre for some reason, as long as they aren't those pussies in Nelson, Hair Metal is better than 98% of The Nu Metal Bands out today. So If you don't like this thread I don't wanna hear any bitching about it. So Prepare To Bang You Head and Relive those days when Big Hair was king and patying happened 24 hours a day.

ENJOY BITCHES

U-N-C-H-A-I-N-M-E

The Scatologist
10-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Winger owns ALL

DABSR
10-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Damn ....I mean The Crue wore it but also kicked it !!!

Def Leppard had a good run but had some bad luck.

Dokken rocked but i wish they had someone else at vocals.

Whitesnake had some great stuff as well.

And of course a bow to the ladies of Vixen ...yum

Soul Reaper
10-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Ok, I know I am going to get hugely criticized for this, But Damnit i can't help the fact I love the fucking genre for some reason

You're not the only one, mate....I'm partial to hair metal myself...

Dirty Duck
10-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Don't ever apologize for this thread. I'll take half those groups over the shit out there today! Yeah..in a way hair metal bands kinda fucked it for us (Winger,Trixter,Firehouse,etc)....but It's funny how these shows today have a good showing. Living out in Long Island I've seen a lot of concerts at Jones Beach Theater and let me tell you...the venues pack up like a mutha. Saw Poison,Cinderella,Ratt, Alice cooper,Warrant,Ronnie James Dio,ect....you had to see the parking lot at these concerts! Packed! Rock nor metal has ever died. Trust me. At least not out here on Long island!! I think this is a cool thread. It brings me back to a time that I miss a lot....I think we all do. Even the ones who are gonna rip this thread apart......fuck em'. ROCK ON BROTHER!

rustoffa
10-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Hanoi Rocks came to a grinding halt...it's too bad. Love Poison or hate 'em, there were a few catchy songs. Cinderella fucking ruled.

Unchainme
10-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Hanoi Rocks came to a grinding halt...it's too bad. Love Poison or hate 'em, there were a few catchy songs. Cinderella fucking ruled.

Yup I auctually Like Poison, Not The most musically talented group ever, but damn did they know how to hook you into liking their songs.

"I want Action Tonight, Satisfaction Alright"

They also made one of the best Behind The Musics i've ever seen (Other than Aerosmith's.)

Unchainme
10-12-2005, 08:50 PM
I personally believe that Hair Metal is wayyyyy better than the Nu metal shiite thats out today.

Jahuli
10-13-2005, 05:48 AM
Its going pretty well 8 posts and no complaints , and im not gonna be the first ! This thread siunds like a thread one of my friends Llamma would make . Rock on!

Mr Badguy
10-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Can I mention Night Ranger in this thread?

"Dawn patrol" and "Midnight madness" are still amazing albums.

Last_Child
10-13-2005, 08:52 AM
I Fucking Hate Hair Metal, but I love Hanoi Rocks...

saint
10-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Most of it brilliant (Quiet Riot, Ratt, Dokken, White Lion..)

some pathetic (Bon Jovi, Winger, Stryper, Enuff Z'Nuff ...),

some brilliant and pathetic (Cinderella, WhiteSnake, Europe)

Soul Reaper
10-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by saint
some pathetic (Bon Jovi, Winger, Stryper, Enuff Z'Nuff ...),

Loungemachine would be overjoyed by that comment.... :D

Soul Reaper
10-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Extreme were certainly another one of the best hair metal bands...

Dave's Bitch
10-13-2005, 11:55 AM
i love hair metal

Mr. Vengeance
10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
If it rocked it rocked....Hair metal is just a term someone came up with to try and put down something they couldn't dig.

Ratt, Quiet Riot, Cinderella, Whitesnake, Dokken, Crue, Black and Blue, among so many others made good time party rock. There were clunkers, like Winger and Warrant, but so many good bands from that era! Hell, yesterday I bought Vinnie Vincent Invasion and that rocked too!

Dirty Duck
10-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Saw Cinderella and Poison live numerous times....great fucking shows. Poison really knows how to put on a good show...and cinderella fuckin rocked brother...I just hate that fucking name!

The Scatologist
10-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Winger deserves a second mention in this thread, because they rule too much.

rustoffa
10-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
and cinderella fuckin rocked brother...I just hate that fucking name!

:D

Llama
10-14-2005, 03:27 AM
Hair Metal rocks! I just wish Grunge didnt have to come along in the 90s and ruin everything.

Hair Metal bands ranged from awesomely great(Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Skid Row, Warrant, etc.), to the so-bad-its-awesome(Europe, Twisted Sister, etc.). Even the parodies of the genre(Spinal Tap, Rockstars Lovefist on GTA) are 10 x better than most of the crap being produced nowadays.

It's just a shame that where i live hair metal bands are an extinct breed, and a tour from a classic hair band occurs once in a blue moon.

Oh well, maybe some day hair metal could make a glorious comeback, we can only hope....

Unchainme
10-14-2005, 04:04 PM
http://home.tiscali.de/webgoe/lovefist.jpg

It would kick ass if they were real, Some Good tunes they made.

Jahuli
10-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Sad how love fist (a made band off of a video game) are better than pretty much every band around at the moment

Llama
10-15-2005, 08:36 AM
yeah, its also sad how the band who played Love Fist are only a Darkness tribute band in real life. heres the link to their website http://www.thedarkest.com/

If they were to become their own real, original band(but still keep the 80s Hair Metal flavour) they could achieve so much more!

DLR82VH
10-16-2005, 02:00 AM
I fuckin love the 80's!!!! The hairmetal was awesome fuck anyone who wants to slag on it, they just don't get it.

I'm glad alot of those bands are still around or getting back together the world needs those type of bands to counter this shit they wanna call nu metal.

DLR_EngineRoom
10-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Ok, I know I am going to get hugely criticized for this, But Damnit i can't help the fact I love the fucking genre for some reason, as long as they aren't those pussies in Nelson, Hair Metal is better than 98% of The Nu Metal Bands out today. So If you don't like this thread I don't wanna hear any bitching about it. So Prepare To Bang You Head and Relive those days when Big Hair was king and patying happened 24 hours a day.

ENJOY BITCHES

U-N-C-H-A-I-N-M-E

love 'em all, but didn't like the label 'hair metal'...

quiet riot, ratt, cinderella, twisted sister.........love...LOVE that sht

Dirty Duck
10-16-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm big fan of music. (obviously) I hear what's out there today and I just don't get it. I'm not being biased here....hello...I would like some new kick ass bands to see the light please. BUT besides Velvet Revolver and some other newer groups..nothing lights my fire. Hair metal was a lot of fun back in the day. It had a presence that was addicting. Even if the song was kinda cheesy it still could rock. Somebody mentioned Night Ranger....good group. C'mon how many people are honestly gonna say they dont like Sister Christian? When those drums come in....good stuff. Hey we owe a lot to hair metal. A lot of those groups kicked ass it's just that some of their looks and the change of time killed em. But hey,when I have a party...some how or other they find them selves in my mix!

Terry
10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Kind of a mixed bag for me.

Have never had any use for Poison. Looked like a bunch of broads on their first album cover, sucked ass on all of them. Yep, they made a bunch of money, got laid more times in 1987 then I ever will...whatever. Shit then, hasn't aged well.

Cinderella was ok. Tom Keifer wrote some decent stuff.

Was a big Quiet Riot fan when Metal Health came out. Saw 'em open up for Sabbath in 1983. By the time Condition Critical was released, used to watch the vids for Mama Weer All Crazee Now (or however the fuck they spelled it) and Party All Night and goof on how ridiculous it all was. By the time QR3 was released, I didn't really care, although the Wild and the Young was an ok tune.

Skid Row kicked ass. No fucking doubt.

Dokken was pretty much about George Lynch for me. Don Dokken had the voice and charisma of a sack of shit...minus the sack.

Dug Ratt up to and including Dancing Undercover. After that, stopped listening.

Winger blew.

Will always dig Motleys first two releases. Really have no use for them after Shout At The Devil.

Def Lepp were such a kick ass band. High and Dry was great, straight up rock. Pyromania had great songs and wasn't too overblown, production-wise. Hysteria was just way overproduced. Stuff like Rocket was just a bunch of wanking over a mixing console to hide the fact that there wasn't really a song there. There are several good songs on the album (Gods of War, Animal, Armageddon It), but the amount of stuff thrown in the mix tends to detract from the tunes rather than add to them, IMO. After Clark died, Lepp died for me too.

Unchainme
10-17-2005, 02:28 PM
I love music that does not suck. Bottomline. I think Nu Metal and Death Metal suck big time. Main reasons is that they don't contain the rock and roll spirit at all. I think even if you look at bands like Poison who have been criticized a whole lot of for not being the most Musically talented band ever, but they at least sang about Sex, Drugs and RN'R. you look at bands like System of a down who suck the big cock, You don't feel any attitude. There just depressed all the time. Can't stand that type of shit.

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 10:40 AM
I LOVE the 80's hair metal scene. Shit, I used to go to all kinds of concerts back then. That was MY time to shine. The hair jacked up to jesus, the chain belts, acid washed jeans, leather boots...

Listening to the Scorpions, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Van Halen, AC/DC, Poison, Ratt, Cinderella, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Dokken, Judas Priest, Trixter, Winger, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Kansas, (I know all of these are not hair metal, but this is some of the stuff I would listen to) et al.

Man....I miss those times. :-)