PDA

View Full Version : U2 tells Hillary and other politicians to fuck off

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Rock giants U2 unhappy to be politicians' cash cows
Oct 12 2:13 PM US/Eastern

Rock giants U2 have expressed outrage that US politicians from both main parties, including Hillary Clinton, are using their concerts to fill campaign coffers.

"The U2 concerts are categorically not fundraisers for any politician. They are rock concerts for U2 fans," a statement from the group's publicist said.

Senator Clinton has "invited" 18 people to join her on October 19 in a luxury suite at Washington's MCI Center to see U2 play during their sold-out Vertigo tour, as long as they contribute 2,500 dollars to the Democratic Party.

Luxury suites at the center cost 7,000 dollars and offer a close-up view of the stage.

"We do a meet-and-greet with the senator, and then go in and listen to music," said Ann Lewis, the former first lady's spokeswoman.

Pennsylvania Republican Senator Rick Santorum is holding a 1,000-dollar-a-head fundraiser at U2's show in Philadelphia this weekend.

I was starting to find Bono annoying but I'm starting to like the guy again. Good for U2.

Phil theStalker
10-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Rock giants U2 unhappy to be politicians' cash cows
Oct 12 2:13 PM US/Eastern

Rock giants U2 have expressed outrage that US politicians from both main parties, including Hillary Clinton, are using their concerts to fill campaign coffers.
Fuck U2.

T2oo U2 little, t2o U2 late.

I knew they were selling out.

They knew they were selling out.

Now they're trying t2o act like they didn't know and they're not sellouts.

Either that or Bono got a death threat from a CIA/World Vision Mark Chapman mind cuntrol freak.

There's no John Lennon in that band.

They should stop faking it.

Especially Bono.

They should just go off an retire and enjoy the money they've made.

"F4or the times they are a changing."
Dylan...still alive cause he SHUT UP!

true dat

And, that's a bad thing.

:spank:<marquee direction=left>

Nickdfresh
10-13-2005, 01:05 PM
So Phil, are you a big U2 fan? LOL

Bono's right on about this, but it's not the first time U2's been coopted.

FORD
10-13-2005, 01:06 PM
How this started was earlier this week, that "always unimpeachably accurate" source of information NewsHAX was reporting that U2 was holding a private fundraiser concert for Rick "man on dog" Santorum at the price of $1000 a ticket.

Naturally, this caused an international storm of controversy, since U2's political viewpoints are not exactly secret. And not exactly neoconservative.

The reality was that someone in the Santorum camp had purchased a block of tickets and was selling them at the high price to Republicans who wanted to meet the Prickster.

In other words, SCALPING the tickets, which I always thought was illegal. Except when Republicans do it, I guess.

In either case, the band had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Or the Hillary scalping either. Actually, this is the first I've heard of that one.

Not surprising since Hillary and the other DLC stooges do everything else exactly like the Repukelicans do.

Phil theStalker
10-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
So Phil, are you a big U2 fan? LOL

Bono's right on about this, but it's not the first time U2's been coopted.
It's fact t2oday. The Beatles didn't stop touring in 1966 because of Ringo's stomach.

They stopped because of death threats in 1966.

Lennon said so himself that's why they stopped touring.

And Dylan himself has admitted that's why he quit touring in 1966.

Like I said, why doesn't U2 hang up their guns and retire or SHUT UP like Dylan.

Performers don't have the anwers.

Tom Hanks doesn't have the answer.

Getting your political views from perfomers is tasteless besides being dangerous.

Do I care about how Danny of the Partridge Family voted?

Gimme a break.:rolleyes:

:spank:

Nitro Express
10-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Hillary is like eating at KFC. You get two large thighs, two small breasts and a left wing.

Warham
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
heh heh.

Lounge will vote for her.

Unchainme
10-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Didn't The Boss, get pissed Reagan for using Born In The USA?

(Bruce is fucking grate BTW.)

Phil theStalker
10-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Didn't The Boss, get pissed Reagan for using Born In The USA?

(Bruce is fucking grate BTW.) I saw this dude play his little tune on Leno.

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/002095/html

OKAY! Da fakking link doesn't werk!

Fak mmy old TIVO!

Search his song title: When The President Talks To God

Click on the 'onegoodmove' website link t2o download the fakking song.

Why do peeps make their shit sooooooo fakking hard t2o download and link t2o?? huh

Maybe they're NOT the kind aff peeps we should be sharing our Intwatnet sexperience wit. huh

:spank:

FORD
10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Hillary is like eating at KFC. You get two large thighs, two small breasts and a left wing.

Nope, it's a right wing now. Has been ever since she joined the Senate.

ODShowtime
10-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by FORD
How this started was earlier this week, that "always unimpeachably accurate" source of information NewsHAX was reporting that U2 was holding a private fundraiser concert for Rick "man on dog" Santorum at the price of $1000 a ticket.

Naturally, this caused an international storm of controversy, since U2's political viewpoints are not exactly secret. And not exactly neoconservative.

The reality was that someone in the Santorum camp had purchased a block of tickets and was selling them at the high price to Republicans who wanted to meet the Prickster.

In other words, SCALPING the tickets, which I always thought was illegal. Except when Republicans do it, I guess.

In either case, the band had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Or the Hillary scalping either. Actually, this is the first I've heard of that one.

Not surprising since Hillary and the other DLC stooges do everything else exactly like the Repukelicans do.

wow FORD, you really cut to the chase on this one. For some reason the crime of scalping did not enter my brain but dammit your right!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

Some fans didn't get tickets because butt boy wanted to scalp tickets $1000 a piece!!!!! Fuckin' A man.

FORD
10-13-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm hoping that they play "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at this show, and that they bring back the extended political rant in the middle, and tell off Rick and his scalper buddies. Or they could do "Bullet the Blue Sky" and say "The God I believe in doesn't charge $1000 for a concert ticket, MISTER!"

ODShowtime
10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Does U2 have any songs about sodomy?

thome
10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
One of these days you guys will grow up and realize they are all
Rich Republicans and use YOU----TOO as a tool .

Unchainme
10-13-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm hoping that they play "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at this show, and that they bring back the extended political rant in the middle, and tell off Rick and his scalper buddies. Or they could do "Bullet the Blue Sky" and say "The God I believe in doesn't charge $1000 for a concert ticket, MISTER!"

Both Grate Songs, coincendently both could be used to show the war for what it really is. Personally i am sick of watching of these all these artists support fucking canidates for office. Weather its the dems or Neocons , I personally would rather 'em say. FUCK YOU to both of 'em.

Unchainme
10-13-2005, 09:20 PM
http://www.celebrity-pictures-world.com/pics/r/rage-against-the-machine/rage-against-the-machine-003.jpg

FORD Just Curious Do You listen to these guys?

This probably the Most Intelligent Band I've ever listened in regard to politics,

RAGE RULES!!!

Nickdfresh
10-13-2005, 09:30 PM

They played a rousing version of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" in Buffalo during the 2001 tour (generally thought to be one of the best North American shows). The entire crowd was on it's feet and singing.

Bono also mentioned how U2 played a now defunct Buffalo club in December of 1981 (a local band called Talas, featuring a Billy Sheehan on bass, opened for them), it was the night John Lennon was murdered.:(

Nickdfresh
10-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by thome
One of these days you guys will grow up and realize they are all
Rich Republicans and use YOU----TOO as a tool .

Maybe one of these days you'll read they've given more and have done more for charity/peace (in Northern Ireland/Bosnia/Africa, etc.) than just about any other band.

And as for integrity, U2 made almost nothing on their 1992-1994 ZooTV/Zooeuropa tours since they put most of the capital back into the elaborate show spectacle, yet continued to do it despite the pitiful bottom line because they wanted something lasting and classic. (it was something done FOR THE FANS ED AND AL, you cock bags!)

BTW troll, you forgot to include your trademark misspellings and retard level grammar. Isn't it time for you to bang your fugly girlfriend lms2?

Unchainme
10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Yup I agree with Nick, U2 is far from your typical rock band. There probably the most charitable band out there. also I love it when they do those little suprise shows for the fans. U2 knows how to treat their fans unlike the sisters.

thome
10-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Maybe one of these days you'll read they've given more and have done more for charity/peace (in Northern Ireland/Bosnia/Africa, etc.) than just about any other band.

And as for integrity, U2 made almost nothing on their 1992-1994 ZooTV/Zooeuropa tours since they put most of the capital back into the elaborate show spectacle, yet continued to do it despite the pitiful bottom line because they wanted something lasting and classic. (it was something done FOR THE FANS ED AND AL, you cock bags!)

BTW troll, you forgot to include your trademark misspellings and retard level grammar. Isn't it time for you to bang your fugly girlfriend lms2? My post was in reference to Hillary
and the Dems fooling You- Too .They, Her, The Band, Its a Hook,
You Mr. Wizard You.
GW and the Clintons all of THE THEM have the same Broker.

Wake Up:rolleyes: :eek:

FORD
10-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Please stop referring to Hillary Clinton as a "Democrat" until you can produce 5 consecutive Democratic votes from her Senate career.

ELVIS
10-13-2005, 11:26 PM
I stopped reading after "Rock giants"...

Fuck U2 !!

:elvis:

FORD
10-14-2005, 12:00 AM
http://www.oddjack.com/u2.jpg

Elvis, that's a Hell of a thing to say about a band who wrote two songs just for you :(

"Elvis Presley and America"

Black flash over my own love, tell me of my eyes
Black flash come though my own life, telling these things

And I believe them and I believe in you
White flash sees the sky and it turns its side from you
She won't turn my back and I know you turn so blue

And you know and your sky is feeling blue
And your heart, so cold when I'm with you
And you feel like no one told you to
And your time is your side and your time with me

Ah, don't talk to me
Ah, don't talk to me
Don't talk to me

You know like no one told you how
But you know though the king that howls has howled
But you feel like sentimental but you don't care
If I just share it in your heart
Heart

Hopelessly, so hopelessly
I'm breaking through for you and me
And you don't though no one told you to
And you found out where you were going
Where to
You're through with me

But I know that you will be back for more
You know and though no one told you so
And you know, blue sky like a harder shade of blue
And you walk when you want to let go
Me, I'm the outside, tell me fade away

Drop me down but don't break me in your sleep
In your sleep, inside it's in your heart and mine
Whole sea is dark, it's in your heart and mine
Sweetly, those will come
Loving is on your side walking through
So let me in your heart
Your beat is like something
They run

See say you're sad and reach by
So say you're sad above beside
Oh stay you're sad over midnight
So stay sad above we said

You know I don't, no one told you how
And you don't and you wipe sweat off your white brow
And you care and no one told you tried
And your heart is left out from the side
And the rain beats down and the shame goes down
And this rain keeps on coming down
And this sky tonight

You know "S" "O" "N" "G", why
You're going go join to God
You know "S" "O" "N" "G", why
Give away some him no lie
Give away some my de day no

You know and though no one told you sky
And you feel like you pretend you can
You say go, you live, go live outside of me
Don't you leave, don't leave out part of me
Then can feel like I feel before
Like I hurt now and I see the floor
If you pick me up, bits and pieces on this floor

FORD
10-14-2005, 12:02 AM
"Elvis Ate America"

Elvis, white trash
Elvis the Memphis flash
Elvis didn't smoke hash
Woulda been a sissy without Johnny Cash
Elvis didn't dodge the draft
Elvis had his own aircraft
Elvis having a laugh
On Lisa Marie in a colour photograph
Elvis under the hood
Elvis with Cadillac blood
Elvis, darling bud
Flowered and returned to the Mississippi mud
Elvis ain't gonna rot
Elvis in a Memphis plot
Elvis, he didn't hear the shot
Dr. King died just across the lot from
Elvis, vanilla ice cream
Elvis, girls of fourteen
Elvis, the Memphis spleen
Shooting TVs, reading Corinthians thirteen
Elvis with God on his knees
Elvis owned three TVs
Here come the killer bees
Head full of honey potato chips and cheese
Elvis, the bumper stickers
Elvis, the white knickers
Elvis, the white ******
Ate a king burger and just kept getting bigger
Elvis sang to win
Elvis, the battle hymn
Elvis, the battle to be slim
Elvis ate America before America ate him
Elvis
Elvis stamps
Elvis necromance
Elvis fans
Elvis psychophants
Elvis the public enemy
Elvis don't mean shit to Chuck D.
Elvis changed the center of gravity
Made it slippy
Elvis, Hitler
Elvis, Nixon
Elvis, Christ
Elvis, Mishima
Elvis, Markus
Elvis, Jackson
Elvis the pelvis
Elvis the psalmist
Elvis the genius
Elvis, generous
Elvis, forgive us
Elvis, pray for us
Elvis Aaron
Elvis Presley
Elvis

ELVIS
10-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Dude, they suck...

Rebel
10-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Elvis woulda drove a Cadillac right up Bono's ass. U2 was a great band, last album was a letdown (at least to me). Now everytime I see them, they're either pushing their political views, or trying to sell an ipod. What a load of crap.

FORD
10-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah, bands that "suck" always manage to stick around for 28 years, sell millions of every album they ever made, and sell out stadiums world wide.

I only wish I could suck as much as U2 :(

ELVIS
10-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Rebel
Elvis woulda drove a Cadillac right up Bono's ass.

Amen!

Awesome post!

Rebel
U2 hasn't put out a "great" album since the Joshua Tree. Aerosmith is still around (god knows they suck), it's called marketing.

ELVIS
Yeah, bands that "suck" always manage to stick around for 28 years, sell millions of every album they ever made, and sell out stadiums world wide.

I only wish I could suck as much as U2 :(

They fucking suck!

Dan
10-14-2005, 12:20 AM

HaHa.that's funny.

FORD
10-14-2005, 12:23 AM
U2 hasn't put out a "great" album since the Joshua Tree. Aerosmith is still around (god knows they suck), it's called marketing.

U2 still has their original members, and they still write their own material (apart from the occasional live cover tunes). The comparison to Aeroshit doesn't work. U2 never hired someone out of a bar band to play the Edge's parts while he was in rehab and then turned to Michael Bolton's corporate whores to write their songs.

U2's worst song (pick anything on the Passengers album) is still 20 times better than "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing".

Seshmeister
10-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Performers don't have the anwers.

I agree totally.

But here's a thought were Reagan, Clinton and GW performers too?

Nickdfresh
10-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Dude, they suck...

Dude, go listen to your jerkoff Yngwie Malmstein crap....

Nickdfresh
10-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by thome
My post was in reference to Hillary
and the Dems fooling You- Too .They, Her, The Band, Its a Hook,
You Mr. Wizard You.
GW and the Clintons all of THE THEM have the same Broker.

Wake Up:rolleyes: :eek:

Wow, a 44-year old illiterate/troll from KansasS City telling me to wake up.:D Priceless...

Hey, did you notice Frist was also called out? or where you too busy feltching lms2 in her trailer? I aSSure you, she's fooling you too clown...

thome
10-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Wow, a 44-year old illiterate/troll from KansasS City telling me to wake up.:D Priceless...

Hey, did you notice Frist was also called out? or where you too busy feltching lms2 in her trailer? I aSSure you, she's fooling you too clown...
But i can't stop loving her, after she told
me what a stud in bed You were, what with You bringing two other
men to bed or You couldn't get it up. Im trying to please her best i can. :)
By the way, back on subject, they are all Fat Cats playing a game.

Jus like oposing Lawyers and the Judges all going for lunch together
playing the Clients like fools.If you don't see this you are part of the
problem with your lofty Ideals of justice and equal rites and
proper representation .You remind me of a first year Law Student
who doesn't get it.

Rebel
10-14-2005, 11:52 AM
U2 still has their original members, and they still write their own material (apart from the occasional live cover tunes). The comparison to Aeroshit doesn't work. U2 never hired someone out of a bar band to play the Edge's parts while he was in rehab and then turned to Michael Bolton's corporate whores to write their songs.

U2's worst song (pick anything on the Passengers album) is still 20 times better than "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing".

Your right on all those points, but U2 is at least as big, probably a bigger, sellout than Aeroshit. That's what has pissed me off about those guys. Amazing how they started out as an anti-corporate Irish band, and here we are.

scamper
10-14-2005, 12:41 PM

If you're scalping U2 tickets for $1000 you're only charging $5.00 over face value anyway, not a huge profit margin. They're pretty proud of they're concerts.

ODShowtime
10-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Aerosmith is still around (god knows they suck),

they don't suck live!

ELVIS
10-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Dude, go listen to your jerkoff Yngwie Malmstein crap....

I just saw this...

I think I'll do just that...

Nickdfresh
10-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I just saw this...

I think I'll do just that...

"Why can't the night last forever...."

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!

UGS
10-15-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't like their new stuff too much, but Achtung Baby will always be one of the best albums by any band ever IMO

4moreyears
10-15-2005, 01:00 PM

The Chicago Cubs own a broker and sell tickets to their fans for high demand games. White Sox, Yankees, Cardinals and others. It is all supply and demand. It does suck to thing that the Tribune Company has to screw their fans. But they are assholes. I would expect a free ticket if I had to sit next to Hillary for the show.

FORD
10-15-2005, 03:17 PM
TicketBastard needs to set a limit of tickets per customer and have that apply to EVERYONE. It's absolutely unfair that the best tickets to most events are never truly up for sale to begin with, because radio stations, and more recently corporations and politicians buy up entire sections of seats.

U2 wants to play the shows for their fans, and I'm sure other bands feel the same way. And I'm sure the Cubs would rather see true baseball fans pacing their stadium. Just another example of what's fucked about Corporatist America.

4moreyears
10-15-2005, 05:40 PM
TicketBastard needs to set a limit of tickets per customer and have that apply to EVERYONE. It's absolutely unfair that the best tickets to most events are never truly up for sale to begin with, because radio stations, and more recently corporations and politicians buy up entire sections of seats.

U2 wants to play the shows for their fans, and I'm sure other bands feel the same way. And I'm sure the Cubs would rather see true baseball fans pacing their stadium. Just another example of what's fucked about Corporatist America.

Is there such a thing as a true baseball fan at Wrigley Field.

Guitar Shark
10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Is there such a thing as a true baseball fan at Wrigley Field.

Cubs fans are arguably the most loyal, non-fair-weather fans in all of baseball.

FORD
10-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Cubs fans are arguably the most loyal, non-fair-weather fans in all of baseball.

Except maybe Mariners fans. God knows we've had to put up with a lot of shit the last couple years :(

And "fair weather" ain't even an issue today.....

Nickdfresh
10-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Except maybe Mariners fans. God knows we've had to put up with a lot of shit the last couple years :(

And "fair weather" ain't even an issue today.....

Do you miss your "Big Unit" Ford?

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!
http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/RJ_DV_NYY_BDD.jpg

Unchainme
10-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Bueno Bob is Randy Johnson?

Nickdfresh
10-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Bueno Bob is Randy Johnson?

His secret is out!

FORD
10-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Do you miss your "Big Unit" Ford?

Hell yes.... I even miss PayRod some times (though not his shitty attitude) and all the other guys who were acquired by the Steinbrenner Corporation (the BCE of baseball)

Only a liar would say he wouldn't take the 1995 Mariners back for another season.

Unchainme
10-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Hell yes.... I even miss PayRod some times (though not his shitty attitude) and all the other guys who were acquired by the Steinbrenner Corporation (the BCE of baseball)

Only a liar would say he wouldn't take the 1995 Mariners back for another season.

Or The '95 Indians For That Matter, What A Grate year for AL Baseball.

Nickdfresh
10-15-2005, 09:11 PM

C'mon, gAyRod is such an overpaid, underperforming douche. Even he said he "Played like a dog" in the AL playoffs.

4moreyears
10-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Cub fans are dumb ass morons. They are not very knowledgable about the game. When people are aske who their favorite player on the team is they respond Sandburg, Sosa or Grace. They are not fans just people that like the frat house attitude in Faglyville. Worthless bunch of losers.

Warham
10-16-2005, 03:07 PM
We are very knowledgable about the game. I'll take on any punk here in a baseball stats and knowledge game without consulting baseballreference.com.

Did you know Mark Grace led the major league in hits during the 1990s?

4moreyears
10-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Warham
We are very knowledgable about the game. I'll take on any punk here in a baseball stats and knowledge game without consulting baseballreference.com.

Did you know Mark Grace led the major league in hits during the 1990s?

Yes I did. My favorite sports quote of all time is by Mark Grace.

"I was not good enough to play first base for the Chicago Cubs but I was good enough to play for the World Champion Arizona Diamondbacks." after helping the D-Backs win the 2001 World Series.

Warham
10-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Boo hoo!

I hate reading bitter quotes from athletes regarding their ex-teams. It's like listening to two bitter divorcees.

Mark Grace left because he wanted to.

thome
10-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Hows' come i git all raped when i change a threads direction
goin w da flo.
The 85 Royals were jus about all this one horse town had.

I thought i was gonna break the table from pounding my Bud bottle
on it.When they one the series.
We get great players develop them then after two years or so trade
them cause we know we can't compete in the big dance anymore what
with bigger cities cash reserves and TV time placement revenues.

At least the Chiefs pulled one down yesterday.

PS Ive never cared for Hillary or U2. 4 Diks no Chicks.:eek: