PDA

View Full Version : End of the world as we know it?

Susie Q
10-13-2005, 01:14 PM
I was thinking about this recently.....

India - Tsunami
Pakistan - Earthquake
Louisiana - Hurricane
California - Huge Fires
Middle East - War
Flooding in many states due to over saturation of rain lately....

What's going on? Are these the signs of the Apocolypse? Arew we heading for the "day after tomorrow"?

You decide, you debate....

Millermoos
10-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Can I add Avian Flu to the list
If we get hit by bird flu it's going to be like the Apocalypse.
Millermoos

Nitro Express
10-14-2005, 10:48 AM
There's always been natural disasters but in the past decade there have been more earthquakes and volcanic activity than the previouse century. Also if you believe the Christian faith, the 2000 years since Christ and the begining of the 7000 years could be anytime soon.

Scientist have now discovered that the polarity of the earth changes time to time. They have learned this by studying ancient lava flows. The earth right now is in an instable flux where the polarity of the earth is in transission to swith to the south pole again. The resulting effects on the earth is a change in the tetonic plate movements and atmoshperic conditions. This means global warming, more earthquakes, and volcanic activity.

Also that 9.0 earthquake in Sumatra was so huge, it vibrated the whole earth like a giant tuning fork. Some parts of Indonesia are now off the old GPS coordinates and the earth's orbit has been slightly altered.

One can only look at how fast our society has degenerated in a relative short time, the increased natural disasters, and look at the timing of it all and wonder if John the Revelator was right.

Of course many will continue to say, these are nothing more than natural events and nothing new.

The truth of the matter is the human race can go extint and the earth goes through huge changes. The dinosauers were wiped out. The earth has gone through sevral ice ages and is constantly in change.

Religouse beliefs or scientific fact, the reality is, the shit can hit the fan hard.

scamper
10-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
There's always been natural disasters but in the past decade there have been more earthquakes and volcanic activity than the previouse century. Also if you believe the Christian faith, the 2000 years since Christ and the begining of the 7000 years could be anytime soon.

Scientist have now discovered that the polarity of the earth changes time to time. They have learned this by studying ancient lava flows. The earth right now is in an instable flux where the polarity of the earth is in transission to swith to the south pole again. The resulting effects on the earth is a change in the tetonic plate movements and atmoshperic conditions. This means global warming, more earthquakes, and volcanic activity.

Also that 9.0 earthquake in Sumatra was so huge, it vibrated the whole earth like a giant tuning fork. Some parts of Indonesia are now off the old GPS coordinates and the earth's orbit has been slightly altered.

One can only look at how fast our society has degenerated in a relative short time, the increased natural disasters, and look at the timing of it all and wonder if John the Revelator was right.

Of course many will continue to say, these are nothing more than natural events and nothing new.

The truth of the matter is the human race can go extint and the earth goes through huge changes. The dinosauers were wiped out. The earth has gone through sevral ice ages and is constantly in change.

Religouse beliefs or scientific fact, the reality is, the shit can hit the fan hard.

good post

ZahZoo
10-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Forgot one...

flappo - DDLR war

thome
10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Suzu I luv ya- but c'mon noones gonna tell you when its over and
noone can predict it so, Do with it What cha Got ....

Mr. Vengeance
10-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I was thinking about this recently.....

India - Tsunami
Pakistan - Earthquake
Louisiana - Hurricane
California - Huge Fires
Middle East - War
Flooding in many states due to over saturation of rain lately....

What's going on? Are these the signs of the Apocolypse? Arew we heading for the "day after tomorrow"?

You decide, you debate....

Don't forget the tragedy that was the last Van Hagar reunion tour....:D

flappo
10-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
Forgot one...

flappo - DDLR war

hahah

that ain't over until the flappo sings

bueno bob
10-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm waiting for the zombies.

I WANT my mother fucking Dawn of the Dead!!

THE DARKEST DAY OF HORROR THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN!!!! :eek:

Seriously, I'm really in the mood to bust zombie ass.

Matt White
10-16-2005, 02:58 PM
"End of the world as we know it?"

"And I feel fine!"

:D

Anonymous
10-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Wanna raid a couple o' gun stores and start amassing enough arsenal to blow up every zombie arse from here to Zimbabwe, Bob?

I been raiding a couple of gun - and liquor - stores here in Portugal, but it's mostly weak/obsolete weaponry. Not even a cool sawed-off shotgun like Ash had... but I hear you can find millions of those in the U.S. In fact, I hear you have to steer clear of 'em, lest they jump onto your hands.

That's it... I'm moving to America. There's better chance of surviving a massive zombie attack there.

And that IS what will happen. Polarity change my arse... you can't fool ol' Sylicker here. Them zombies are a-comin, and that's that.

Ain't it the truth. :)

Cheers! :bottle:

EbDawson
10-17-2005, 01:43 AM

California - Huge Fires

This happens every year. And 2003 was Much worse.

Still, better stock up on the Beer and spam (food not the band) to be safe.

stilleddiesangel
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Dont forget the supervolcano in yellowstone is overdue for an eruption... Scary shit!!!

Hardrock69
10-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Ya wanna get in practice killing zombies? Get the computer game Half-Life 2.

Last_Child
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Or Doom 3.
Or F.E.A.R
Or...uhm...Fuck that.

Satan
10-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

It could happen, if the rate of death increases to the point where new construction here in Hell can't keep up with it. If I ain't got room, they're gonna have to stay on earth and eat brains.

Last_Child
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Nice.

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

That was intense.

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
"End of the world as we know it?"

"And I feel fine!"

:D

Hahaha!! I KNEW you would come up with this. I just knew it. :D

stilleddiesangel
10-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Wasn't that in Independance Day movie at the start when the guy first hears the alien signal???

Cathedral
10-18-2005, 11:16 AM
At any rate, it's as good a time as any to get acquainted with your makers son, Jesus.

For those who believe in a Tribulation then the end is very near and could happen at any moment.
To a realist who doesn't put doctrine status on the dreams of sick people that died a mere 150 years ago...it's gonna get a hell of a lot worse before Jesus comes floating down to take his people up, what little there are left of them anyway.

The earth, in essence, is like a neglected child.
We abuse it by not taking batter care of it or understanding how fragile it really is.
So it throws tantrums at us as a way of warning us that we need it more than it needs us.
People come and go, but the earth and sky are the only constant in that big picture.

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
At any rate, it's as good a time as any to get acquainted with your makers son, Jesus.

For those who believe in a Tribulation then the end is very near and could happen at any moment.
To a realist who doesn't put doctrine status on the dreams of sick people that died a mere 150 years ago...it's gonna get a hell of a lot worse before Jesus comes floating down to take his people up, what little there are left of them anyway.

The earth, in essence, is like a neglected child.
We abuse it by not taking batter care of it or understanding how fragile it really is.
So it throws tantrums at us as a way of warning us that we need it more than it needs us.
People come and go, but the earth and sky are the only constant in that big picture.

Always good to read a bit of Catitude. I like your train of thought, and enjoy everyone of your posts. Damn....you're good.

stilleddiesangel
10-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Amen brother.. The big Momma Nature is certainly kicking our collective booteys at the moment.. too Book of Revelations for my liking.

Cathedral
10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Always good to read a bit of Catitude. I like your train of thought, and enjoy everyone of your posts. Damn....you're good.

I used to have a "Damn I'm Good" coffee mug, lol.
But if you really want to see me doing good at something you should let me fry you up some southern style fried chicken, lmmfao.

It isn't real good for you, but it sure is good eatin'...

Cathedral
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
Amen brother.. The big Momma Nature is certainly kicking our collective booteys at the moment.. too Book of Revelations for my liking.

I welcome the end because i get so tired of seeing all the shit people do to each other every day.
It keeps getting worse and it shocks me to see people going nuts in the streets of America the way we used to only see in third world countries.

Toledo two days ago for example, a Nazi march gave a green light to be lawless and loot their own community?

Civility can vanish at a moments notice and THAT should be noted by everyone as a red flag that we aren't far from losing it completely.

Arm yourselves, that's the only advice i can give anyone regarding the future.

stilleddiesangel
10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Not an option here in the UK buddy.

WACF
10-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I think every generation thinks the end is near...it is human nature.

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 01:08 PM
I used to have a "Damn I'm Good" coffee mug, lol.
But if you really want to see me doing good at something you should let me fry you up some southern style fried chicken, lmmfao.

It isn't real good for you, but it sure is good eatin'...

That's a fitting mug there Cat. ;)

What's isn't good for us now a days....fuck it...we are in the final days anyways... LOL! :D

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by WACF
I think every generation thinks the end is near...it is human nature.

My mother told me that when she was little the Jehovah Witnesses went to her grandmothers door and she over heard that it was the end of the world back then. It scared the bejesus out of her. But...she even feels that there is something going on now.....

ALinChainz
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Is why you live for today folks ... and appreciate you are yours each and every minute ...

WACF
10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
In the late 70's or very early 80's there was a movie that was kind of like a documentary.
It spoke of how it was the end of times.

As a kid I was stunned...so I blew my allowance on models and comic books for months after that.

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Is why you live for today folks ... and appreciate you are yours each and every minute ...

Amen brother AL. I do appreciate...believe me. :)

Susie Q
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by WACF
In the late 70's or early 80's there was a movie that was kind of like a documentary.
It spoke of how it was the end of times.

As a kid I was stunned...so I blew my allowance on models and comic books for months after that.

My kid right now is going through a "Now what do I do" phase. He is running around reading the bible. Trying to figure out what he needs to buy to "stock up" on stuff....etc....

I try to calm his fears as much as possible. Reading the bible don't hurt anyone. Trying to get a militant tactic on how to survive a holocaust, is another. lol

Millermoos
10-19-2005, 08:02 AM
I am hopefull but at the same time I am stocking up not on beer or guns cos we don't need guns over here in the UK, but on food and warm clothing cos they are saying that we are going to be hit by real cold weather here in England. I am prepared for wheatever comes along be chicken flu or cold weather. The only thing I can not prepare for is bomb from the Terrorists or from that nut of Bin Laden.
Every day could be my last that's how I live my life in the present moment.
Millermoos

Susie Q
10-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
I am hopefull but at the same time I am stocking up not on beer or guns cos we don't need guns over here in the UK, but on food and warm clothing cos they are saying that we are going to be hit by real cold weather here in England. I am prepared for wheatever comes along be chicken flu or cold weather. The only thing I can not prepare for is bomb from the Terrorists or from that nut of Bin Laden.
Millermoos

It's some scary shit, ain't it? I just think of mutant animals who are the size of dinasours, zombies, etc. Living in a world of red skies and a thick cloud of dust, no sun to keep us warm, etc. I would hope to be wiped out in a instant.

Sure, the cold (It's been down to like 40 degrees farenheit below here with wind chills and what not), the snow....we have had over 2 feet of snow in one blast before. BUT, to have something like "the day after tommorrow" hit us....not prepared for that either.

One can only hope we don't see this shit in our grandchildren's life time, or their children's lifetime.

Is it man-made or is it bibical times we are living in? Who knows....maybe we are just paranoid like we were for the whole Millenium thing that happened. Remember we were scared of the whole "year 2000" to happen?

Could be the whole Greenhouse effect, polar whatever...who knows...

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
Millermoos

DO NOT LIVE IN FEAR OF TERRORISM!

You have a better chance of getting hit by a car, or dying in a car wreck, or having a coronary, or going down in a firey plane crash before you have any chance of dying by a Terrorist Attack.

It is a problem and we do have enemies that want to kill us, but so far the damage, as unfeeling as this sounds, was nominal in the grand scheme of things.
Terrorism uses the deaths of a few to install fear in the many, but we cannot allow that to happen or we lose, and i'm no loser and neither are you.

Live your life to its fullest capacity and let God decide when it's time to go home and leave this hell behind.
But under no circumstance should you worry about death or how and when it comes because you are human and it will surely come one day for all of us.

Roth On!

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 08:52 AM
It's some scary shit, ain't it? I just think of mutant animals who are the size of dinasours, zombies, etc. Living in a world of red skies and a thick cloud of dust, no sun to keep us warm, etc. I would hope to be wiped out in a instant.

Sure, the cold (It's been down to like 40 degrees farenheit below here with wind chills and what not), the snow....we have had over 2 feet of snow in one blast before. BUT, to have something like "the day after tommorrow" hit us....not prepared for that either.

One can only hope we don't see this shit in our grandchildren's life time, or their children's lifetime.

Is it man-made or is it bibical times we are living in? Who knows....maybe we are just paranoid like we were for the whole Millenium thing that happened. Remember we were scared of the whole "year 2000" to happen?

Could be the whole Greenhouse effect, polar whatever...who knows...

It's biblical times, it's always been biblical times, that is why i won't fear a damn thing that happens because it is meant to happen.
man just happens to be the tool by which everything plays out.

Fear nothing my dear, for greater things await us on the other side of this life. worry not about the children for God is a better keeper than we for the children we were charged with taking care of on this earth.

Live Live Live, that's the ticket right there...

Millermoos
10-19-2005, 09:06 AM
No I don't live in fear of terrorism or anything else really what you are saying buy beeing hit by a car it's true . I guess I am just more aware of things that's why a prepare. It's good to be aware but not scared.
My closest relatives have been through the second world war and are still alive and well. I am strong as them.
Millermoos

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Aware is good, fear is bad and i'm glad you have that perspective.
Terrorism is a daily fear for most because it is all they see on the tube and in the papers.
But the statistics are really very low that mass death will result on our soil due to terror attacks.

On 9-11-01, They were lucky to have gotten the result they did.
They had no way of knowing anymore than we did that those towers would fall.

Fuck Them, I would not hesitate to put a shell in the brain pan of someone aiming to kill innocent people.

Susie Q
10-19-2005, 09:45 AM
It's biblical times, it's always been biblical times, that is why i won't fear a damn thing that happens because it is meant to happen.
man just happens to be the tool by which everything plays out.

Fear nothing my dear, for greater things await us on the other side of this life. worry not about the children for God is a better keeper than we for the children we were charged with taking care of on this earth.

Live Live Live, that's the ticket right there...

Why is it, one can just feel safe with your wise words there Cat? :)

Molly Blue
10-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey SuzieQ... saw where you had been ill and in the hospital. Hope all is better now!

The end of the world as we know it?

The world, as we know it, ends each time the sun goes down, and a new world begins with the dawn of each new day. Birth is but the first step in our journey to death. Change begins within. And, as we change the way we see the world we live in, the world we live in begins to change.

You talk of zombies and monsters inhabiting the earth... but if you look at todays society through the eyes of our ancient ancestors, are we not already zombies and monsters? (think old time quaker/puritan values in downtown LA/NY or any major metropolis here)

The end is near...I remember hearing it when I was a baby...and I believe that yes, the end is near. Time flies...and the older you get, the truer this becomes. So much to do, so little time. I'm late, i'm late, i'm late!

I think you left out the ozone layer, the aids epidemic, and the picture of the old indian guy with the tear in his eye looking at all the litter and polution in what use to be his lands... "only after the last tree has been cut down, after the last fish has been killed...only then will you find that money cannot be eaten".

Terrorism? Cathedral is right about not fearing terrorism. They cannot take our freedom away... but we sure as hell can give it away. When we live in a world where we cannot trust our friends and neighbors, and must suspect everyone we meet of evil doing...and we develop the mind set of do unto others before they do unto you...we pretty much have.

Whether you believe in God, as I do, or whether you believe in science, as so many others do, the bottom line is that yes... the end is near. Near having a very broad meaning covering thousands of years of miniscule changes. But when we reach the point that our lives center around preparing for the end instead of living for the moment... the end has already passed us by.

Live for today, enjoy each and every moment you have on this earth... it may be your last, but even if its not... a moment wasted can never be recaptured...the past is just that... past. The future is uncertain... but RIGHT NOW is yours to hold and mold. Enjoy it. ;)

I think I am gonna go call my momma.

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Why is it, one can just feel safe with your wise words there Cat? :)

You have to just take a page out of my good buddy Chong's book, and it says, "Don't worry bout it!"...

What i am worried about is that i have had this urge to hear REM since last night.

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Molly Blue
Hey SuzieQ... saw where you had been ill and in the hospital. Hope all is better now!

The world, as we know it, ends each time the sun goes down, and a new world begins with the dawn of each new day. Birth is but the first step in our journey to death. Change begins within. And, as we change the way we see the world we live in, the world we live in begins to change.

You talk of zombies and monsters inhabiting the earth... but if you look at todays society through the eyes of our ancient ancestors, are we not already zombies and monsters? (think old time quaker/puritan values in downtown LA/NY or any major metropolis here)

The end is near...I remember hearing it when I was a baby...and I believe that yes, the end is near. Time flies...and the older you get, the truer this becomes. So much to do, so little time. I'm late, i'm late, i'm late!

I think you left out the ozone layer, the aids epidemic, and the picture of the old indian guy with the tear in his eye looking at all the litter and polution in what use to be his lands... "only after the last tree has been cut down, after the last fish has been killed...only then will you find that money cannot be eaten".

Terrorism? Cathedral is right about not fearing terrorism. They cannot take our freedom away... but we sure as hell can give it away. When we live in a world where we cannot trust our friends and neighbors, and must suspect everyone we meet of evil doing...and we develop the mind set of do unto others before they do unto you...we pretty much have.

Whether you believe in God, as I do, or whether you believe in science, as so many others do, the bottom line is that yes... the end is near. Near having a very broad meaning covering thousands of years of miniscule changes. But when we reach the point that our lives center around preparing for the end instead of living for the moment... the end has already passed us by.

Live for today, enjoy each and every moment you have on this earth... it may be your last, but even if its not... a moment wasted can never be recaptured...the past is just that... past. The future is uncertain... but RIGHT NOW is yours to hold and mold. Enjoy it. ;)

No shit, i think i wanna hug someone after reading that post.
That is the most awesome post i have ever read.

Susie Q
10-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Molly Blue

Good god Molly, that was a great post. Yah, I spent half of the month of September in the damn hospital. I was quite literally on my death bed. So to have to meet the maker anytime soon, I was a bit hard pressed to say the least. I want to make sure my babies have a Mommy to see them through whatever come what may. Thanks for asking, and yes...all is better now. :)

Millermoos
10-20-2005, 06:05 AM
I am glad to know that you are better SusieQ.
Millermoos