PDA

View Full Version : Brett Hull to Retire ... Today

ALinChainz
10-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Haven't heard anything more than the announcement on ESPN. But looks like he's not finishing the season.

ALinChainz
10-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Brett Hull to retire, effective immediately

October 15, 2005

Brett Hull, the third-leading scorer in NHL history, is retiring from the game, effective immediately, a source close to the Phoenix Coyotes said Saturday.

The team scheduled an 8 p.m. EDT news conference to make a major announcement. The source, speaking on condition of anonymity because the official announcement had not been made, said Hull had decided to retire five games into his 18th NHL season.

The announcement came just hours before the Coyotes faced Hull's former team, the Detroit Red Wings, at Glendale Arena.

Hull signed with the Coyotes on Aug. 6, 2004, because he wanted to play for his longtime friend, Wayne Gretzky, who is in his first season as Phoenix's coach. Only Gretzky and Gordie Howe have more goals than Hull in NHL history.

Before the Coyotes' home opener a week ago, Hull's father, Hall of Famer Bobby Hull, had his number ``un-retired'' so his son Brett could wear it this season.

The 41-year-old Hull has one assist in five games this season. He has 741 goals and 650 assists in 20 seasons with Calgary, St. Louis, Dallas, Detroit and Phoenix.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AtcK2nzDG4d8GSHVXAk7LCM5nYcB?slug=ap-coyotes-hullretires&prov=ap&type=lgns

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Well...the only thing I can say about this is I'm glad the guy is retiring when he's realized he can't play anymore...as opposed to swallowing up a fucking roster slot all season...

Here's to you Brett...great career...and really...a focal point in making the US teams a force in World Championships...when he could of...and probably should of played for Canada...

Romeo Delight
10-16-2005, 10:58 AM
a friend of mine played hockey against Brett in Vancouver.

He was not an exceptional player by any means, but it is quite incredible what he has accomplished.

It is a sore spot in Canada that he didn't play for us, he will not be revered like Lemieux, Gretzky, Yzerman as he could have been.

Nickdfresh
10-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Fuck HULL! That "No-Goal" scoring bastard...:mad:
http://members.aol.com/BigDumbCow/9nr4.jpg

:D Just kidding, he was a great...

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Man...I'll tell you what...this is one hall of fame induction ceremony I'm going to try and go to...

They should get them all in early...

Romeo Delight
10-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Fuck HULL! That "No-Goal" scoring bastard...:mad:
http://members.aol.com/BigDumbCow/9nr4.jpg

You were robbed of a cup, should have called rule like they did all year (even though it was a bogus rule)

What was it like for Buffalo hockey fans for the year after?

:D Just kidding, he was a great...