PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I miss Music on MTV" Thread.

Unchainme
10-15-2005, 08:01 PM
What the hell has happened to MTV, I miss watching videos, I'm sick of these gay reality shows. No Rock on there at all.

I WANT MY MTV TO SHOW SOME FUCKING VIDEOS OTHER THAN NU METAL, EMO, HIP-POP VIDEOS FUCKING NOW.

DrMaddVibe
10-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Wendy O riding on top of a bus through a wall of tv's!!!

THOSE were the days!

Now its reality bullshit and rap!

Fuck MTV!

Unchainme
10-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Wendy O riding on top of a bus through a wall of tv's!!!

THOSE were the days!

Now its reality bullshit and rap!

Fuck MTV!

HELL YEAH!!, Her Videos kick major ass. She was so fucking hardcore. She did all the stunts herself. The World lost a Truly grate Metal singer when she died.

scottd1984
10-16-2005, 02:40 AM
And how about CVH And DLR videos? the only time you see them is on VH1.

Soul Reaper
10-16-2005, 09:41 AM
eMpTV....it's not even music anymore....

fe_lung
10-16-2005, 11:26 AM
My friends brother used to work for MTV (he was a supervising animation director or some shit for Beavis & Butthead) and pointed out once that everyone always complains about the lack of music on mtv. Problem is, when they cut back on the real world crap the ratings go in the crapper. People complain about all the shows but that's all that people watch...

Soul Reaper
10-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
My friends brother used to work for MTV (he was a supervising animation director or some shit for Beavis & Butthead) and pointed out once that everyone always complains about the lack of music on mtv. Problem is, when they cut back on the real world crap the ratings go in the crapper. People complain about all the shows but that's all that people watch...

yeah, but if more people moan about the reality shows....then they'll be no more MTV.....which is a VERY good thing...

Unchainme
10-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Headbangers ball now sucks too, They have no real Metal bands on there anymore, Its all Death and Nu Metal all the time. No Metallica, No Alice In Chains, No Skid Row, No Priest, No Maiden, Hardly any Anthrax. And they Hired some guy named Jamey and he sucks ass a host.

Dirty Duck
10-16-2005, 02:58 PM
MTV is a slap in the face to the American public. You know,there was a Tom petty interview in Rolling Stone magizine about 7 years ago and he said that MTV was worthless and wasnt worth his time. He said it's nothing but game shows and teen soap oprahs. I can only imagine what he thinks of it now. I'm flipping through the TV channels the other night and the fucking Ahley Simpson show is on for like four hours..I'm like : This is soo pathetic. That dip shit no talented non rocking bitch is struttin' her stuff like she's Joan Jett when we all know that MTV, Ashley,her fucking sister,and her sisters fucking husband have sucked the lige out of music...one hell of a run on sentence huh? FUCK MTV!!

Dirty Duck
10-16-2005, 02:59 PM
...by the way that (lige) should be LIFE..sorry I was pissed typing!

Unchainme
10-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I Imagine joan Jett fucking hates Ashlee Simpson with a passion. Ashlee is trying so desperatley to rip off her image, but she comes off as a Britney wannabe. while Joan Jett is the real deal, She even started her own record label because no one would sign her. while ashlee got help from her big sister [Rolls Eyes]. Another thing that pisses me off about the lip-syncher is she wore a Motley crue shirt for something.

saint
10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Headbangers ball now sucks too, They have no real Metal bands on there anymore, Its all Death and Nu Metal all the time. No Metallica, No Alice In Chains, No Skid Row, No Priest, No Maiden, Hardly any Anthrax. And they Hired some guy named Jamey and he sucks ass a host.

Grunge killed the best show on MTV. Where else could you see a video by Motorhead followed by a video from Britney Fox. Those flannel bastards took all the fun out of stumbling home drunk on a Saturday night and seeing Rikki Rachtman interview a beligerant Ozzy Osbourne then play a Faster Pussycat video.

Terry
10-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Try VH1 Classic. Shit, that channel has access to so many old videos...many of which weren't even given much airtime when MTV was first hitting cable.

Man, I logged in so much time from 1981 to about 1986 watching MTV. When they did do programs, it was cool stuff, like JJ Jackson interviewing Robert Plant or Pete Townshend (that Face Dances Pt 2 vid from All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes is still blazed into my cortex), or that Van Halen special done around 1982 or so. And they had the Saturday Night concerts. Right around the time of the 1985 Live Aid concert, the original VJs started to bail, and we got subjected to shit like Downtown Julie Brown with her 'Wubba Wubba Wubba' nonsense. Then they started playing Bon Jovi and Poison shit constantly. Recall that around the late 1980s, they started having more and more non-music programs on it...got to the point where you'd have to watch Beavis and Butthead just to catch a snippet of decent vids.

It's been about 15 years since I could be called an MTV viewer. Whenever I flip around, the channel is either doing a reality show or playing a rap vid. Guess they have had an MTV2 channel for a while. Doesn't really matter, because there aren't many current recording artists I'm that interested to even listen to, much less see a video from.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah, VH1 Classic is pretty damn good, especially Rock Fest and Metal Mania...

My favorite MTV memories are when I would stay up all fucking night just so that I might get to see one of the Oakland '81 videos....

Unchainme
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
yeah I got VH1 Classic, Awesome channel. Still not the same though. I wish they use some of the old DJ spots that would be cool.

BALLYJUNKIE
10-17-2005, 11:20 PM
havent you seen "all things rock " its on around 3 in the morning {on the west coast }.mtv is going for the 16 to 25 year old crowd .i do like those chicks "laguna beach " there hot !!!.

Millermoos
10-19-2005, 10:01 AM
MTV is soo bad at the moment.
mediocrity is all around us in music and art. It seems only people that are crap get promoted and are becoming famous. |I am sick of it.
Millermoos

Soul Reaper
10-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Millermoos
MTV is soo bad at the moment.
mediocrity is all around us in music and art. It seems only people that are crap get promoted and are becoming famous. |I am sick of it.
Millermoos

For example, Avril Lavigne

Dirty Duck
10-20-2005, 05:59 PM
I DONT want my MTV...

Terry
10-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
For example, Avril Lavigne

Just the fact that ANY contemporary music journalist could put the word 'punk' in a sentence describing Lavigne or Ashlee Simpson...pretty fucked-up world.

WARF
10-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I watch THE TUBE now... it reminds me of early 80's MTV!

Anyone else watch that cable channel?

Soul Reaper
10-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Just the fact that ANY contemporary music journalist could put the word 'punk' in a sentence describing Lavigne or Ashlee Simpson...pretty fucked-up world.

Punk is supposed to be about rebellion....I don't find any sense of rebellion in any of these supposed recent 'punk' bands...

Soul Reaper
10-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Look what MTV used to be.....

What MTV used to be like... (http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/index.jhtml?vid=53888&channelID=1&orgID=2&gateway=bands&paid=15384&section_0=bands&section_1=az&section_2=roth_david_lee&section_3=audvid.jhtml&refURL=/bands/az/roth_david_lee/audvid.jhtml&adPth=/adsetup/bands/&adPN=audvid)

Unchainme
10-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Look what MTV used to be.....

What MTV used to be like... (http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/index.jhtml?vid=53888&channelID=1&orgID=2&gateway=bands&paid=15384&section_0=bands&section_1=az&section_2=roth_david_lee&section_3=audvid.jhtml&refURL=/bands/az/roth_david_lee/audvid.jhtml&adPth=/adsetup/bands/&adPN=audvid)

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Soul Reaper
10-21-2005, 03:53 PM
exactly....

Unchainme
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
http://captainnormal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/cover_wowreissue_large_1.jpeg

What A Kickass Woman, I would love to see her kick all these popstars asses anyday of the week.

Soul Reaper
10-23-2005, 07:59 AM
LARG!!!!