PDA

View Full Version : When the hell is Axl going to release Chinese Democracy.

Unchainme
10-17-2005, 04:04 PM
My bet is never, Anyone have any clue when he is going to do it.

bueno bob
10-17-2005, 04:31 PM
When Eddie gets straight, Mike learns how to play bass, Alex isn't a dick and Sammy reunites with Van Halen and they record their best album ever, and the sales topple the sales of ALL Van Halen/DLR/Sammy Hagar catalog combined, and they tour the world for three years straight playing in front of 300,000 people a night.

Don't hold your breath ;)

Dave's Bitch
10-17-2005, 05:57 PM
soon

Big Troubles
10-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
My bet is never, Anyone have any clue when he is going to do it.

Im not a huge GnR fan by any means. I liked a few of their songs. Mostly for the guitar work. "Chinese Democracy" IMO prob. doesn't exist. At least not in terms of quality. Im sure if this album is ever released expectations wont be met and fans will not be satisfied.

DLR7884
10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
soon

Shut up.

Axl is too busy sucking cock to finish this album.

The "new" songs I've heard sound like shit anyways.

DLR7884
"Oh My God" sounded like it was mixed in a fucking restroom.

Terry
10-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Does it even matter anymore?

Only thing Axl would be good for is a GnR reunion...dude has let WAY too much time pass between albums. Been, like, a decade now?

Imagine the only reason there would be any interest from anyone is due to the sheer curiousity factor of the amount of time spent on it. Can't believe there would be THAT many GnR fans who are waiting with baited breath to hear what's gonna amount to an Axl solo album...there will be some diehards still flying the flag, but not enough to push the thing into platinum status unless it is fookin' spectacular.

The Scatologist
10-17-2005, 11:09 PM
4000 AD

Jesus Christ
10-18-2005, 03:41 AM
The day after My second coming.

ace diamond
10-18-2005, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Im not a huge GnR fan by any means. I liked a few of their songs. Mostly for the guitar work. "Chinese Democracy" IMO prob. doesn't exist. At least not in terms of quality. Im sure if this album is ever released expectations wont be met and fans will not be satisfied.

ok,the vice-president of my record label has done some recording last year at the same studios axl uses.he and i have both heard the chinese democracy stuff,and frankly he thinks it sucks shit.i think it is along the lines of the illusion 1 and 2 albums. it is a concept record.

it most likely will not come out unless axl and the rest of the original guns and roses re-unite and do it together.

no one in the industry will go any where near it otherwise. it is by no means anywhere near profitable or worth the financial risk.

and to top it all off,axl has a reputation for being difficult and unreliable.

Hardrock69
10-18-2005, 09:21 AM
You forgot option #5: WHO IN THE FUCK CARES?
:cool:

Coyote
10-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Option #6: When China has a democracy.

PHOENIX
10-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Heres some recent news about it.

James Barber who has worked as an A&R at Geffen Records was recently interviewed by Poptones. Here's the GN'R part of the interview:
---

How did you get involved in Guns N’ Roses?
Nothing else had worked, so Geffen figured they’d send me in to talk to Axl after I moved to Los Angeles. We desperately wanted the new album for Christmas 1998 and I had a year to get it finished. Whenever anyone asks me about GNR, I think about Rutger Hauer’s line in Blade Runner: ‘I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.’

No expense was spared; they were the biggest band in the history of the label and, even though everyone except Axl was gone, Geffen Records lived and breathed for another GNR album.

The Robin Finck/Josh Freese/Tommy Stinson/Billy Howerdel/Dizzy Reed version of the album that existed in 1998 was pretty incredible. It still sounded like GNR but there were elements of Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd mixed in. If Axl had recorded vocals, it would have been an absolutely contemporary record in 1999.

People close to the project have since told me that I don’t know what I’m talking about, that the current version of the record in no way resembles what I heard in early 1999. That’s too bad.

Do you think that Chinese Democracy is ever going to come out?
I have no idea. Seven years ago, the record just needed a lead vocal and a mix. The last time I was at the studio was two days before my daughter was born. Last night she read all of ‘Hop on Pop’ to me. Some mysteries passeth all understanding.

Soul Reaper
10-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
soon

soon meaning never...

guwapo_rocker
10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Who gives a shit?

Mr Badguy
10-19-2005, 05:09 AM
Jeez, and I thought it was a long wait during the three years between "Lies" and "UYI".

I think it`ll come out as part of a "Chinese democracy " boxset which will contain eight different versions of the album, all with different musicians playing on them.

And it will included the mythical rerecording of "Appetite for destruction".

And it will come with a free KFC bucket, a pair of nunchacks and a chicken coup.

bueno bob
10-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Jeez, and I thought it was a long wait during the three years between "Lies" and "UYI".

I think it`ll come out as part of a "Chinese democracy " boxset which will contain eight different versions of the album, all with different musicians playing on them.

And it will included the mythical rerecording of "Appetite for destruction".

And it will come with a free KFC bucket, a pair of nunchacks and a chicken coup.

I'll pay you for the KFC if there's any left over :D

bueno bob
10-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Last time I spoke to somebody "in the know" (and I, for the record, HATE saying "in the know" about anyone, mind you), it's not going to happen. Labels, at this point, aren't all that excited about it anymore, not like they were ten years ago (give or take). Basically what Geffen's A&R guy above has to say is true, and from what I've heard from the "person who knows" (and by that, meaning "knows Axl personally), Axl keeps fucking off with it, changes his mind twice a day when he's interested in working on it, and takes four months off when he realizes he can't make up his mind which direction to go with it.

Basically, Axl at this point is a mix of 2 months work your balls off to redo everything and take four months off while he next decides how he wants to rework it (the album)...and as a result, he's making Boston look like expedient studio musicians...

Major label interest has dried up for it...Universal won't touch it with a ten foot pole at this point, and the best bet for it to EVER come out, given things as they stand, is for an original GNR reunion to revitalize interest in the band - short of that, GNR/The Axl Rose Band is dead in the water, and at his basest, Axl knows it's over too. He might be able to squeak out a deal with Artemis or Sanctuary or some other shit-ass indie label, but even that'll be tough going for him at this point..."Chinese Democracy" is, at this point, a virtually impossible sell to any label with it's wits about them...Axl's kicking a dead horse, he KNOWS he's kicking a dead horse (because just about everybody in the industry has told him as much), but in Axl Rose fashion he's not going to listen and keeps on plugging away at that album more or less aimlessly whenever he gets to feeling like life's going nowhere for him and he wants to focus on being a "musician" for a month or two before retreating back into exile. Basically, according to the people I know, that's where it's at and shy of Slash, Izzy, Dizzy, Matt and Duff coming back to re-ignite some public interest in GNR, and a GOOD, SOLID tour with SOLID performances and most importantly a RELIABLE, DEPENDABLE PERFORMANCE EACH AND EVERY NIGHT out of Axl Rose for the tours duration, it'll never see the light of day with the exception of slipped-out bootlegs of many numerous versions of the album.

In a nutshell, kids...

It's not going to happen shy of divine intervention. Sorry.

FORD
10-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

In a nutshell, kids...

And since Jesus didn't sound too enthusiasitic about the album, we can probably rule that out. ;)

Soul Reaper
10-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
In a nutshell, kids...

agreed....

loss of fools
10-23-2005, 04:55 PM
hopefully never, piece of shit should never have been on a album in the first place know need for another. sorry just cant stand g n r