PDA

View Full Version : Stallone to star in sixth 'Rocky' movie, in which aging boxer returns to ring

Rikk
10-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Stallone to star in sixth 'Rocky' movie, in which aging boxer returns to ring

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/10/17/1266641-ap.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Yo Adrian! Rocky is planning another comeback.

Fifteen years after starring in Rocky V, Sylvester Stallone is reprising his role as the boxing champ in the sixth Rocky movie, publicist Michelle Bega said Monday. Stallone, 59, will write and direct Rocky Balboa, which will begin shooting in Philadelphia and Las Vegas next year.

Stallone told the Daily Variety trade magazine the movie will focus on an aging, widowed Rocky who is reluctant to get back in the ring but ends up doing it "just to compete, not to win."

"I am drawing on a lot of my feelings that are in sync with many people's feelings about facing the last chapter of their lives and how they want it to be written," Stallone said.

Dan Taylor, president of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, which is co-producing the film, said the movie focuses less on boxing and more on character.

"It's about self-examination, an opportunity to see what kind of person he is and act on it," Taylor said.

It wasn't immediately clear whether Talia Shire, who appeared in five previous Rocky films as the boxer's love interest, Adrian, will return in the sixth instalment, said Stuart Herriot, a spokesman with Revolution Studios, which is co-producing the film.

"In the script, she did pass away, but it's unsure whether she might appear in a flashback or in older footage," Herriot said. "It's too early in the production to tell."

But, Herriot said, Burt Young is expected to return as Adrian's brother, Paulie.

Stallone wrote all the Rocky films and directed the second, third and fourth entries.

The first movie, released in 1976, won three Oscars, including best picture and best director for John G. Avildsen.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/10/17/e101746A.jpg

DLR7884
10-17-2005, 10:30 PM
No.

DLR7884
God no.

POJO_Risin
10-17-2005, 10:45 PM
why not...I think I posted some unofficial stuff on this earlier this year...including the first 6 pages of the script...

Rikk
10-17-2005, 10:50 PM
I like the George Foreman relevance in this story. I really think it could be good.

But I would like them to find a way to absolutely wipe out the ridiculous fifth film (and the fourth if they could).

Also, I don't like the idea of his wife being dead...but it could provide for great drama.

Yeah, I remember we were talking about this when THE CONTENDER was on.

MAX
10-18-2005, 12:03 AM
"Widowed?"

Who's name is he going to shout when he ultimately reclaims his predictable title?

Rikk
10-18-2005, 12:06 AM
$10 says he won't win this one...unless he actually learned something from ROCKY V...

DLR7884
10-18-2005, 12:08 AM
The fourth one was enough.

Rocky V was terrible.

You've got to know when to say when.

DLR7884
That being said, I'll go fucking watch this one. LOL.

Rikk
10-18-2005, 12:09 AM
LMFAO...me too.

But I saw ROCKY V once...

ONCE! That's it...

I have the first three on DVD and don't need anymore...

ALinChainz
"Aging" fighter would be one thing ...

"Old fucking fossil" fighter is different.

Rikk
Originally posted by ALinChainz

Yeah...Foreman wasn't fucking 59.

Hardrock69
10-18-2005, 12:21 AM
I also heard he is going to do another Rambone movie.

He is realizing that he sucks as an actor, and the only way he can be a success is to be Rocky or Rambone....even if the films suck fucking ass....

Rikk
10-18-2005, 12:33 AM
A RAMBONE movie without Richard Crenna (he died two years ago)? Fuck that. Dude was the best character in the movies.

MAX
10-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

I know!!!

Rock could fight Thudner in this one!!! ;)

redblkwht
10-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
A RAMBONE movie without Richard Crenna (he died two years ago)? Fuck that. Dude was the best character in the movies.
hek, put the guy from ba ba black sheep as an imposter, it WILL work..;)

Cathedral
10-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Adrian (Talia Shire) is said to be dead because when they first started shopping this idea around in 2000 she declined reprising her role.
But she is re-considering it at this point.

And even if she does die he'll just hold the belt up towards the sky, look up and say tearfully, "Yo Adrian, I did it again!"...

But this film isn't going to be so much about boxing as character developement, which is one huge thing i see killing it.
We want the cocky overconfident guy who gets his clock cleaned real good so we can hear the ROCKY theme while drinking a raw egg headin out for the morning run.

I don't have much confidence that this will be any good.
All the sequals had tons more in the budget but only the first film, which was low budget as hell, won an Oscar.

Success killed the franchise because creativity couldn't keep up with the hype and attention.
Stallone only does well in films where his verbal dialogue is limited or is written to suit him realistically, like the dumbness of a Rocky Balboa.

Damn, I can't believe Sly is 59 fuckin years old...
Incidentally, he doesn't even look like Rocky anymore...they should just leave it alone and not make any more Rocky films.

Seshmeister
10-18-2005, 07:11 AM
It's impossible that this won't be a sack of stagnant shit.

thome
10-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Adrian (Talia Shire) is said to be dead because when they first started shopping this idea around in 2000 she declined reprising her role.
But she is re-considering it at this point.

And even if she does die he'll just hold the belt up towards the sky, look up and say tearfully, "Yo Adrian, I did it again!"...

But this film isn't going to be so much about boxing as character developement, which is one huge thing i see killing it.
We want the cocky overconfident guy who gets his clock cleaned real good so we can hear the ROCKY theme while drinking a raw egg headin out for the morning run.

I don't have much confidence that this will be any good.
All the sequals had tons more in the budget but only the first film, which was low budget as hell, won an Oscar.

Success killed the franchise because creativity couldn't keep up with the hype and attention.
Stallone only does well in films where his verbal dialogue is limited or is written to suit him realistically, like the dumbness of a Rocky Balboa.

Damn, I can't believe Sly is 59 fuckin years old...
Incidentally, he doesn't even look like Rocky anymore...they should just leave it alone and not make any more Rocky films.

I dissagree, did you see CopLand he RULED in that flick.
Stalone likes rough macho flicks and saying that
they are not The Lion In Winter etc...

I think he is a great actor to each his own?

Vinnie Velvet
10-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by thome
I dissagree, did you see CopLand he RULED in that flick.
Stalone likes rough macho flicks and saying that
they are not The Lion In Winter etc...

I think he is a great actor to each his own?

I agree.

Stallone was at his best in Copland.

That was his LAST best performance in a film.

Cathedral
10-18-2005, 11:31 AM
I never saw Copland, guess i missed his last great performance because it certainly wasn't in Tango and Cash, or Stop or my Mom will shoot, or that other film where he tried to be mobster guy.

Hell, Judge Dredd and Demolition Man were shit too.

Sly is a decent actor, i'll give him that. But i have never seen him in a movie where there wasn't a moment or two where he either over acted or fell short of keeping the focus on his character.

Sly is too much of a one trick pony to have worked well in some of the projects he should have turned down.

thome
10-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Cat i dig your take .

But he is what he is and sometimes a Judge Dredd type thing is
the absolute best in my world at times .

I just purchased Lawrence of Arabia 40th aniversary edition special features DVD.
Peter O'Toole is maybe my fav actor of all time.

So I'm not to much of a numbskull i guess.lol

Nickdfresh
10-18-2005, 11:49 AM
THANK GOD!! I was lying awake in bed thinking about world peace and nuclear war, and then I thought what we really need in another ROCKY sequel.

thome
10-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Ain't life grand .

Mr Badguy
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Bring back Mr T as Clubber Lang.

He was hard as fuck.

Cathedral
10-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Naaaaaa, You're not a numbskull at all in my opinion.
But Jack Nicholson is my fav actor of all time.

Look, all actors make shit movies from time to time, it goes with the territory and you don't know a film is shit until it's done, then what are ya gonna do as an actor?

It's the Tom Cruise fans i pity, but not so much that i wouldn't spit on them for it.

thome
10-18-2005, 11:58 AM
If you haven't seen By The Sea yet do-it.Kevin Spacey Ruled.

Real 3 dimension flick.

CROWBAR
10-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Stallone bores me to death. He sounds dumb as a stump. I could do without another snoozefest rocky flick.

fryingdutchman
10-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Didn't we leave Rocky as a punch-drunk, drooling vegetable at the end of Rocky V??

Yeah....the premise of VI will be quite believable I'm sure.

Films like this are the reason the term "direct to video" was invented.

Another contribution to the cardboard "Stallone Bargain Basement" bin at the local Blockbuster.

Right next to "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!"

fryingdutchman
10-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Gives me an idea....

Stallone beating the shit out of Estelle Getty (or any Golden Girl for that matter)

I'd pay to see THAT!

thome
10-18-2005, 10:51 PM
I will say one thing about the man. I wish i spent as much time on
staying in shape as he does also his paintings are world class.

Cathedral
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Who was that chick he dated that starred in Rocky IV, the Russian character....Bridgette or something like that?

Anyway, she did an interview some years ago after their split and she claims that Sly has a short skinny dick, lmmfao.
She blasted Rambo for having a less than average sized tool.

I feel blessed that i never had to endure shit like that.
When i lay a chick she stays laid, lol.

Rikk
10-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by thome
I just purchased Lawrence of Arabia 40th aniversary edition special features DVD.
Peter O'Toole is maybe my fav actor of all time.

My third-favorite film of all time...right after JAWS and APOCALYPSE NOW.

thome
10-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Jaws changed me forever i still swim in the ocean. When im not
swiming in it i don't know why anyone would go near it.
Great Flick!

I saw this thing on TV an this dude said" Well lots of people are
bitten by sharks but only 10 people a year die from sharks."

O jee guy that makes it all better.

Question :
I got alot of movies on VHS I'd like to convert them to DVD.

I had a Ext Burner couldnt get it to match w microsoft took it back
and i'll get another .It would convert VHS to DVD thats what i bought it for.I heard it will also improve the quality as its converted.
I dont know if thats true or if i should RE-Purchase.A million movies.
You have any expertise in this area ?

Rikk
10-18-2005, 11:20 PM
I definitely have the expertise. I'm a DVD geek. Used to have a lot of VHS. Now I have a big DVD library with a surround sound system.

VHS is shit. The transfers are bad...almost everything is pan-and-scan (cutting off the sides of the picture and not being letterbox). And usually mono sound for older movies. Meanwhile, most DVD editions come with tons of documentaries, 5.1 surround sound, deleted scenes, etc.

Pick up the DVDs of your favorite movies. There is no comparison whatsoever and transferring your VHS tapes will just produce bad copies.

The DVD for JAWS (the recent one from this July) is awesome. Two discs...comes with a ton of extras including a two-hour documentary and DTS surround sound.

WARF
10-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Is this sixth installment gonna be filmed in a Nursing Home?

thome
10-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Excellent answer RIKK, thanks. I'm kida a movie buff and always hated
edited to fit the TV. I figured its like someone else editing the
movie .I won't even watch a movie on TV w/ commercials, you probably
loose 15% of the original .I do but I don't kinda thing.

I'll take your word on the quality( loss)( or jus reproducing a bad movie to start with) in converting.I'll buy them all
over again. Like you said All the extras will make up the money lost,
in the old VHS. I enjoyed them so Its not a Loss.

Rikk
10-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Trust me...you would never think the quality difference is worthwhile, but it's like night and day. VHS is usually washed-out picture, DVD is bright, letterbox and colorful. And the sound too...

thome
10-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Ain't that the Truth.lol

That whole thread a few weeks ago were that was said a million times
is a classic.
I jus noticed that in your sig Thanks again.5 4u

Rikk
10-18-2005, 11:46 PM
;)

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm new to this DVD drive in the pc shit, but i am making DVD's finally, lol.
But now i need a digital camcorder because i tried transferring a High 8 tape to DVD with very shitty results.

My next purchase will be a new digital camcorder and to hell with all these VHS tapes i've collected over the years.

I have about 20 screener tapes from the early to mid 80's that are worth a shit load to movie memorabilia collectors.
I've got some really good titles too.
It was a perk for working a video store when that shit was considered new technology.
I even had beta tapes that sold like hot cakes on ebay, and people paid stupid money for them too.
I love when i have shit listed that creates a bid war between people.
Itr makes it all that more profitable to me, lmmfao.

thome
10-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I got one of those Huge LP size Lazer Disc players and a few disks.
One is Blue Planet it's shots from all over the world airplane
out the window stuff. Its a IMAX film it Rules all.
I still wonder why those fell out of favor?

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 12:46 AM
We had one of those, but the discs were very fragile and scratched easily. Plus, quality was an issue with them as well.
Ours was always freezing on a frame and the players just weren't ready for release to begin with.

We went from a Beta VCR to the Video Discs and ended up doing VHS.
But remember that in those days even a VHS tape of a current film was about $100.
VHS was just a better value and the lazer Discs just vanished.

But dude, you can get some primo cash if you throw that stuff on ebay.
Collectors jump all over that shit like flies to a homeless whore.

thome
10-19-2005, 12:56 AM
[

But dude, you can get some primo cash if you throw that stuff on ebay.
Collectors jump all over that shit like flies to a homeless whore. [/B]
Great line........... thats why im holding on to it.

Mine has no problems I want to try and pick up some more discs
for ole tymes sake havn't gotten around to it .:)

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 01:19 AM
That's the same reason i took my last 5150 amp off the market.
Value is beginning to rise for the 5150's and if i wait a little longer i can sell it for more than i paid new for it, lol.

I wish i had kept the original model though, that one will forever be the one people will pay out the ass for.

Peavey is still selling them, but as a 6565 or something like that.
it's the same amp except for the badging.
Some people rag on Ed and peavey parting ways, but i have given that some thought and if you think about it, Ed had a nice lengthy run with them, but the way they parted makes me think Ed thought he was their cream of the crop...fucking ego's busting up yet another of Ed's "good things" in life.

Pioneer made the Lazer Disc Player we had, or it was Panasonic? I dunno, it was a "P" word for sure, lol.
Those came out about the time my Mom hit the big bucks and she went a little nuts on campy gawdy shit all over the house, lol.
We begged and pleaded for that Player and a movie i can't even remember the name of...And it was a month long nightmare dealing with Customer Service before they just let us swap out to a VCR.

I wouldn't piss on one if it were burning, i'd add gasoline to make a bigger fire.
but there are lots of people who did well with them and have tons of fucking discs, we just weren't intended to be happy customers, lol.

I'm an old school fuck though, I rebelled against cassette tapes and CD's of all kinds because i liked my vinyl, scratches, needle sounds and all that shit, lol.
I hated technology, or should i say the reckless progress into technology at the speed of sound...not just for the musical applications but because of people who do bad bad stuff with it.

Mushroom Clouds being the example here...but anyway, i'll shut up now, lol.

Roth On!

fryingdutchman
10-19-2005, 05:46 AM
Who was that chick he dated that starred in Rocky IV, the Russian character....Bridgette or something like that?

Anyway, she did an interview some years ago after their split and she claims that Sly has a short skinny dick, lmmfao.
She blasted Rambo for having a less than average sized tool.

I feel blessed that i never had to endure shit like that.
When i lay a chick she stays laid, lol.

Yeah...fucking Brigitte Nielsen. Nothing but a star fucker looking for a ticket to fame.

She got what was coming to her. Fucking "Flava Flav" on "The Surreal Life."

GUNT!!!!

Dirty Duck
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
The orginal ROCKY was one of the first movies I ever saw as a kid (The first being HALLOWEEN) and I really loved it...even as a child.
Rocky II was cool...Rocky III was great (C'mon It had MR.T ! )..and I'm sorry but Rocky IV was pretty damn good too ( I must break you..)
Fucking Rocky V sucked! Horrible story...and that Tommy Gunn character was crap. I'm not looking foward to part 6. What is this? The fucking Friday the 13th series?

thome
10-19-2005, 06:04 PM
The great part of the Rocky V was Tommy Morrisons fight with
Stalone out in the street that was a great movie fight scene.

the rest was so- last second pulls it out to win- i could barf.

thome
10-19-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm an old school fuck though, I rebelled against cassette tapes and CD's of all kinds because i liked my vinyl, scratches, needle sounds and all that shit, lol.
I hated technology, or should i say the reckless progress into technology at the speed of sound...not just for the musical applications but because of people who do bad bad stuff with it.

Roth On! [/B]

I lost my turntable in a move years back but still have all my LPs.

I've heard stories of groups of afficianados(SP).Who Buy new
really high tech turntables and socialize, trade, etc.Playing and
listening to the bacon fry in the background On my original
Grand Funk Live at the International Pop Festival 1970.Dreams are
Made of that.

Id love that but i also love the clean- hear the original master studio
sounds- CDs .Sounds we never heard in the olden days.Roth On!

bueno bob
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Well, I'll watch it.

Frankly, Stallone's in better shape now than he ever has been before...and it sounds like the story is being handled honestly, with an aging boxer who knows nothing else other than the urge to compete and going out like most aging boxers do - 5 minutes too late.

Anybody remember Ali's last matches? Stallone himself once said of them it was like watching your kid playing on the tracks in front of an oncoming train...

If Rocky 6 is handled the same way, it'll be a very honest representation of the genre in general.

And, and NO, there's NOT going to be another Rambo movie, that was shot down by Stallone years ago.

Golden AWe
10-20-2005, 05:46 AM
I'm not sure if I want to see this but it'll definetely be better than Rocky V.

Vinnie Velvet
10-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, I'll watch it.

Frankly, Stallone's in better shape now than he ever has been before...and it sounds like the story is being handled honestly, with an aging boxer who knows nothing else other than the urge to compete and going out like most aging boxers do - 5 minutes too late.

Anybody remember Ali's last matches? Stallone himself once said of them it was like watching your kid playing on the tracks in front of an oncoming train...

If Rocky 6 is handled the same way, it'll be a very honest representation of the genre in general.

And, and NO, there's NOT going to be another Rambo movie, that was shot down by Stallone years ago.

Damnit!

I was hoping for a Rambo IV where our hero goes out and searches for Osama Bin Laden!

Wasn't that a story considered by Stallone after 911?

Big Fat Sammy
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Yep, it couldn't be worse than V.

Although this may be a better idea....

Golden AWe
10-20-2005, 01:34 PM
i would most definetely fuck nicole ritchie and paris hilton

Big Fat Sammy
10-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
i would most definetely fuck nicole ritchie and paris hilton

How relevant and true! :D

Dave's Bitch
11-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Yep, it couldn't be worse than V.

Although this may be a better idea....

lol that looks cool

Full Bug
11-27-2005, 03:07 PM
There is no way it could be better then 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!';) :D

LoungeMachine
11-27-2005, 03:18 PM
LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS TO BE IN THE BACKGROUND IN DIFFERENT SCENES, AS PRODUCT PLACEMENT IS ALL THE RAGE

Depends Undergarments

Polident

Rascal Scooters