PDA

View Full Version : Another Terror Alert - Indictments Must Be Imminent

LoungeMachine
10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Breaking News: Terror Threat Prompts Closure Of Baltimore Tunnels

October 18, 2005 12:58 p.m. EST

Hector Duarte Jr. - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Baltimore, MD (AHN) - Federal and local authorities are investigating a potential terror threat, that shut down portions of Interstate 95 in Baltimore Tuesday. As a result, traffic was diverted from both the Harbor and Fort McHenry tunnels.

Police are checking tractor-trailers and vans.

A federal law enforcement official speaking to the Baltimore Sun says, "We did receive some threat information. They're in the process of working it through. We get a lot of this stuff. Each time you get it, you have to work it through until you can nail it down."

Officials are not specifying what they are investigating, but authorities say the closures are the result of information developed over the last few days.

The area most immediately affected is I-95 near the tunnels and Key Highway, near the Maryland Port.At the Fort McHenry Tunnel, police barricaded lanes, creating backups that could extend for miles and hamper traffic on one of the major East Coast corridors.

On their Internet site, the Maryland Transportation Authority police issued this alert:"As a result of police activity, I-895 (the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel) is closed in both directions. In addition, one tube in each direction is closed on north and southbound I-95 at the Fort McHenry Tunnel for police activity. Motorists are asked to use either I-695 across the Key Bridge or I-95 through the Fort McHenry Tunnel as alternates."

The Associated Press reports a law enforcement official, speaking on condition of anonymity, says the threat was phoned in by a person claiming to have information from abroad.

The official adds authorities are skeptical of the claim, but are investigating nonetheless as a precautionary measure.

FORD
10-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Sounds like somebody at BCE headquarters picked up some Tom Clancy DVD's at Blockbuster :rolleyes:

scamper
10-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
The official adds authorities are skeptical of the claim, but are investigating nonetheless as a precautionary measure.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9740174/

“Senior U.S. officials who I've spoken to say it is absolutely not corroborated,” Windrem said. “This appears to be very similar to what happened in the New York subway case, where federal officials did not believe that the source was credible, but after they turned it over to local authorities, local authorities decided to act in an abundance of caution.”

Satan
10-18-2005, 01:50 PM
All lanes in the tunnels are open again.

Looks like another "false alarm" from the pigfuckers at camp BCE.

Hardrock69
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, they have to try to distract the public somehow....while they try to weasel their way out of this predicament...