PDA

View Full Version : If oil runs out ...

Millermoos
10-19-2005, 08:59 AM
if oil runs out are we going to go back to the Dark Age or survive on Renewable Energy?
Are Bio fuels, solar power, wind power, water power, energy from waste going to help us? Can you see yourself staying in aTipi, Yurt, or in the Energy Saving Toster Dome?
Millermoos

Cathedral
10-19-2005, 10:16 AM
I have lived without modern conveniences before, it's not a problem going back to it if need be and that is kind of in my "Oh Shit" plan.

I've always been a fan of solar power myself. the wife and I toyed with the idea of buying a solar home at one time but it needed so much work, expensive work, that it didn't fit our requirements as a good investment.

There are alternatives providing society doesn't totally fucking lose it.

Nitro Express
10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
My mom grew up without electricity. It means having lots of wood to burn and you spend lots of time spliting it. Horses will become as important as cars once were. Modern cities will become unlivable because the modern infastructure like water pumps and sewage treatment won't run. They will go back to being the polluted, sorded places described by Charles Dickens.

The skilled people who are needed to make a no electricity, no oil society work don't exist in large enough numbers. Technology and mechanization replaces the blacksmith, the cooper, and carpenters who were masters with hand tools a long time ago. Sure some artisans are left but in the past, there were hundreds of these people.

I think most modern people would starve to death or die in a stupid accident. If Lewis and Clark would have died without the help of the native Americans, think about how much more a bumbling idiot who's only skill is mastering Playstation games is in jeapardy. Darwin will eat his fat ass.

Millermoos
10-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeh I have been thinking about Solar Power myself.
The problem with the oil price and availability made me reflect that we are quite spoilt in away, we can travel in very far away countries and lead a fairly easy life. I am appreciating more what I have got but at the same time it made me think that we are a fragmented society for ex I have to travel far to go to work, all my friends are in other parts of the city long gone are times when one use to work close to home and used to have friends close to home so if we had less oil or it became even more expencive one will be forced to think how they live and maybe that it's a good thing cos I feel we are treating mother nature as a dustbin, we don't think about things. I am currently learning more about recycling and alternative renewable energy to see if there are other possible options.
Millermoos

Cathedral
10-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Change has to begin in the individual home, Uncle Sam isn't going to initiate it, that's for damn sure.

My mom dated a guy in the 80's that designed a carburator that cut his gas mileage in half, and he was driving a 65 Buick Wildcat with a 455 big block under the hood.
He'd spent a fortune and 10 years making this thing and he got better gas mileage than a freakin Pinto with it.
He was persued by some governmental agency with lots of interest in his little creation, they wanted to produce them and sell it to the public and made him an offer, and he took it.
They now owned it and it got buried, why?
Because it would hurt crude sales if people cut their fuel bills in half.

The Feds say they want new energy sources, but we all know that would directly impact the corporations that fund our government...it ain't going to happen until the earth dries up and says, "Hey, Fuck Y'all"....But it's too late by then.

So as far as energy goes, we are definately backed into a corner. thing is...it's the consumer, you and I, that are to blame for how bad it has gotten and it is the consumer that can control how it turns out.

Look, if they couldn't sell the oil in quantities like they are now it wouldn't be over $60 a barrel for crude.
The average cost per barrel should only be around the $35 to $45 range at best. anything above that is additional profit with zero kick backs to those buying the shit.

We have on our desktops a box (pc) which contains way more technology than was used in the entire mission control room that put men on the moon...don't fucking tell me we can't produce a viable renewable energy source that can reduce our oil consumption by at the very least, 50%.

But again, that change has to begin with the individual, and that isn't very likely until something disasterous happens.

Bob_R
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.buckfush.com/Cartoon.php?pic=bush_Sells_Taxpayers_Oil.jpg

Jerry Falwell
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
According to the Abiotic Oil Theory, oil is actually replenishable from a naturally occuring event in the earths magma. This theory is widely accepted in the East but has yet to catch on in the Western Hemisphere. According to this theory, oil will not run out.

The Scatologist
10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Everyone will use bicycles, and it would be faster anyway, with all the traffic problems nowadays.

In fact, I suspect that we would have more problems with the traffic resulting from overpopulation and everyone using cars, before we would even run out of oil.

We can always save the last few sources of oil, for airplanes, and cargo transportation and such.

Besides, the obesity rate would go down that way anyway.

bastardog
10-20-2005, 05:30 PM
We could always take control of every known source of oil in the world by force and let the rest to live like cavemen.

That sounds familiar...

Millermoos
10-21-2005, 07:55 AM
I would love to use a bicycle here in London but I fear I will get killed straight away as the traffic is quite bad. Cabs and buses cutting in the front of you + rainy weather that makes the ground very slippery, many of my friends have had bad accidents in the winter. I go by public transport as one does not need a car over here.
I am going to look into The Abiotic Theory and Cathedral is right by saying that change starts with the individual that's what I think as well . Someone I know as well is totally selfufficient energy wise over here I mean the whole house is self sufficient I don't know how he does it but it true cos I have seen the house and is bloody amazing and he has his own electric car and power generator he does not buy any electricity,heat, oil from nobody totally selfsufficient and he makes energy from vegetables and fruits and recycles water as well.
Millermoos

Cathedral
10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
According to the Abiotic Oil Theory, oil is actually replenishable from a naturally occuring event in the earths magma. This theory is widely accepted in the East but has yet to catch on in the Western Hemisphere. According to this theory, oil will not run out.

You're right, oil is plentiful and it is naturally created in the earth.
So in essence it is a lot like your corner gas station when it happens to run out of gas and then we have to wait for it to be re-stocked.

Thing is, it takes thousands of years for the earth to re-stock itself.
It is a very real scenario where we burn up all that is available to process now.
But we can just sit on the porch with Goober and wait a few Millenia for the fuel trucks to get rolling again, no biggie...

Jerry Falwell
10-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Cathedral, you are right about it taking a long time. That's why I personally support my employer in their development of hybrid technologies. Actually, I wish they would invest even more money into it. They are currently putting the majority of their R&N money into Hydrogen engines. I think that this is YEARS away from becoming a standard in the auto world. Therefore, we should make what we have last as long as possible... Enter Hybrids.

The Scatologist
10-21-2005, 07:48 PM
If worse comes to worse, we can always use Children Powered Vehicular Transportation.

Bob_R
10-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
http://www.buckfush.com/Cartoon.php?pic=bush_Sells_Taxpayers_Oil.jpg

OK, this time I got it!

http://www.buckfush.com/images/bush_Sells_Taxpayers_Oil.jpg

Nitro Express
10-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I drove a prototype electric car once. It had four electric motors in each wheel and took off like a rocket. I would say an electric car is capable of better performance than a internal combustion engine. Since electric motors have so much torque, there is no need for a transmission or drive line. The wheel is the motor. It's just smooth excelleration.

Dr. Love
10-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Well, I'm not sure how it was across the country, but in South Texas the auto market took a HUGE hit in the wallet (25% less sales than last year) and tried desperately to entice people with incentives to buy cars... especially SUVs.

The market will solve itself. The auto manufacturers will start making what customers want, which is a car that doesn't require as much gas due to high oil prices.

Terry
10-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Depends on HOW the oil runs out (in addition to IF).

If we can wean ourselves off it and replace it with different energy sources...gradually being the key word...shouldn't be a problem.

If we ran out of oil, say, TOMORROW, that'd be a little scary.

Long as there's enough time to make a smooth transition, no prob.

Only prob is people not being serious enough about making the change until forced to.

Phil theStalker
10-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I have lived without modern conveniences before, it's not a problem going back to it if need be and that is kind of in my "Oh Shit" plan.
Bullets will be hard to come by unless you can get them off the dead bodies of foreign troops that break into your house. You should be stocked up.

For hunting, reuseable bow and arrow sets are also something you should own a number of for other family members or other members of your group. You will eat.

In my city home I have city water. I have a water purifier for my beach house from my well, but it's not a portable system. It's for a dwelling. So I have a portable water purifier for mobility to have drinking water at all times.

You watch, if those indictments in the coming weeks from the Fitzgerald grand jury don't stall this regime then this mess we're in is about to get a lot worse.

I think it's going to have to get a lot worse for people to wake up. The country has been alseep and WILLINGLY media brainwashed into denial. So I'm ready.

:spank:

BRAINWASHED USA

We'll all be planning out a coup

We're gonna do real soon

We're polishing up our carbines

We can't wait for elections in June

We'll be freedom fighting all summer

And down in the D.C. beltway

Tell everybody they're brainwashed

Brainwashed USA
(wild organ solo and exploding sound effects)

BRAINWASHED USA

Phil theStalker
10-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey!

flappo!

Move dis thread t2o da FRONT LINE forRUM. ok

And git yer ass outta da city when da time comes, mate.

Bavaria is hard for large troops movements and missles.

You might survive there across the channel.

Your country and my country it seems is going to pay quite dearly for a HUNDRED THOUSAND dead Iraqi people that you and I are responsible for murdering. Each one of them valued their life, longed for their morning, cherished their first cup of milk (children) or coffee or tea.

You sleeping dirty bastards.

It's coming.

Run flappo, run t2o Bavaria!

SURVIVAL
NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

Phil theStalker
10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
You're sleeping, but I hope they get you when you're awake. If you're sleeping you'll never know. I think you should know for who, what, when, where, why and how your dying. It's only fair.

larbo
10-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Bullets will be hard to come by unless you can get them off the dead bodies of foreign troops that break into your house. You should be stocked up.
[/B]

Country folk will survive! we make our own bullets and bow & arrows.;) food, water, and heat is not a problem. and I feel sorry for the naive country that tries to invade the united states. most people here own guns so it would be suicide for any dumb foreigner. these idiots know this. that's why we have not been invaded. plus they would have nothing to go back to. last thing they would see would be a bright flash. and we are not responsible for "MURDERING" iraqis. we hunt down coward terrorist and kill them to protect our country and other third world countries. also, none of them goat fucking bastards have any value for life. KILL'EM ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT'EM OUT.

FORD
10-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Biodiesel is probably the best short term solution. Existing diesel engines will burn a mixture of bio & petro diesel, and it would probably only take a year or two of dedicated research to produce engines that will run on straight biodiesel. From there it's just a matter of the auto mfgs building more diesel engines instead of gasoline burners.

That doesn't mean that they should stop the progress towards alternative fuels such as hydrogen fuel cells, but only that biodiesel is the most logical with current technology

Requesting that this topic be moved to the Front Line, as it is an important political topic which needs to be addressed in upcoming elections.

Phil theStalker
10-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by larbo
and I feel sorry for the naive country that tries to invade the united states. most people here own guns so it would be suicide for any dumb foreigner. these idiots know this. that's why we have not been invaded.
Talk about idiots, man!

I know you "country" folk are a little slow, but nobody is going to 'invade' the U.S..

They are going to be 'invited' in by the President of the United States, the guy "y'all" voted into the White House with your 'red' states.

Thanks, 'country' folks.

PS Invasion...yeh, like the Mexican military operations in the U.S. are an 'invasion.'

Nope, if you shoot a foreign troop in your own 'country,' you 'country' folk, YOU'LL be arrested, maybe shot, by your own 'country' boy Bush's White House who are inviting these foreign 'idiots.'

why do i try....................

EDIT: I went back and edited this, because just o1ne wrong letter and you 'country' folks will get it all wrong.

YOU WILL BE TOLD WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO AND CURFEW AND GUN CONFISCATION FOR YOUR OWN GOOD BY 'FOREIGN' TROOPS (I.E., "ASSETS") INVITED IN BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES THAT YOU 'COUNTRY' FOLK IN THE 'RED' STATES PUT INTO OFFICE. THANKS FOR NOTHING.

OH, AND IF YOU SHOOT A 'FOREIGN ASSET' YOU WILL BECOME AN ENEMY OF THE UNITED STATES AND AN 'ENEMY COMBATANT' IN YOUR OWN 'COUNTRY,' COUNTRY BOY.

THANKS FOR NOTHING.

IT'S GOING TO TAKE THE CITY FOLKS TO FIX WHAT YOU 'COUNTRY' FOLKS HAVE FAKKED UP!

FAK

I'M SO FAKKING MAD!

Phil theStalker
10-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Biodiesel is probably the best short term solution. Existing diesel engines will burn a mixture of bio & petro diesel, and it would probably only take a .........equesting that this topic be moved to the Front Line, as it is an important political topic which needs to be addressed in upcoming elections.
Yeh, so when can you, or another mod, move this thread to the FRONT LINE? huh

EDIT: I GOT YOUR PM.

Millermoos
10-24-2005, 10:06 AM
I have tried the latest ( a friend of mine bought one) electric car at the week end. It's really weird: first of all it doesn't have a gear like a normal car and it's really silent. Overall I liked it but it goes really slow especially if you go up a hill. It's great in the city but you can't go very far with it. Apparently there is a faster car which is made in Italy which is much bigger and goes faster, I am trying to find more information about it. When I do find it I will let you know.
Millermoos

larbo
10-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Talk about idiots, man!

I know you "country" folk are a little slow, but nobody is going to 'invade' the U.S..

That's one little misconception that dumb city pollocks like you make. most country folk are way more intelligent than say for example someone like you there philwup. I never said the U.S. was going to get invaded... you did coke boy. " foreign troops that break into your house." now keep supporting Iraqis coke head freak.

Phil theStalker
10-25-2005, 02:12 PM
That's one little misconception that dumb city pollocks like you make. most country folk are way more intelligent than say for example someone like you there philwup. I never said the U.S. was going to get invaded... you did coke boy. " foreign troops that break into your house." now keep supporting Iraqis coke head freak.
This post aff yers only proves mmy point.:o

PS Never did coke...i'm having t2oo mmuch FUN!;)

Phil theStalker
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey!

West Vagina!!

INVITE does not equal INVADE.

T2wo different werds, Opie.

"WOT'S 'RSVP' MEAN?"
Tell Ma We're Gonna Have Sum Guests
I KNEW YOU WERE COMING SO I BAKED A CAKE
(with a surprise inside).

Millermoos
10-29-2005, 09:02 AM
is there a special vagina in the West of Virginia?
Jesus I am feeling ill today.
check this web site: www.lowimpact.org.
we should share information.
millermoos

Horseskin
10-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
is there a special vagina in the West of Virginia?
Jesus I am feeling ill today.
check this web site: www.lowimpact.org.
we should share information.
millermoos
As Phil the Stalker would say, fak orff.

Millermoos
10-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Another one who uses bad language, give us some information on renewable energy not swearing.Dude!.
Millermoos

Horseskin
10-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Another one who uses bad language, give us some information on renewable energy not swearing.Dude!.
Millermoos Reuseable energy. Suck your own farts.

Millermoos
10-29-2005, 09:27 AM
you can do that. I am sure you have plenty of it from the way you write.
Millermoos

Millermoos
10-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Ah by the way no offence with the Vagina, Virginia comment.
Is West Vagina an American expression? I have never heard of it before?Again no offence to anybody in here and thanks for posting.
Millermoos

larbo
10-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Ah by the way no offence with the Vagina, Virginia comment.
Is West Vagina an American expression? I have never heard of it before?Again no offence to anybody in here and thanks for posting.
Millermoos

Actually, West Virginia is a state.

Dan
10-30-2005, 12:39 AM
We had one guy on T.V last week using water in his Motor bike as fuel,No shit.

Watch out World,Water is the next fuel and from a New Zealander too.

BTW..Or until he get a Big pay check from Mr Bush.lol

Millermoos
10-31-2005, 07:49 AM
Yes I know it's a state. I have been there. That's why I could not understand anyway no big deal.
Water the next fuel great, tell us more if you know more.
millermoos

Millermoos
10-31-2005, 08:16 AM
By the way I had great time in West Virginia, very nice place.
Millermoos

Phil theStalker
10-31-2005, 09:13 AM
By the way I had great time in West Virginia, very nice place.
Millermoos
Did you mmmeet any o1ne werld government Rockefellers there?

Millermoos
11-01-2005, 10:23 AM
No I didn't meet any world government Rockevellers I was travelling alone and I met lots of nice people and I had a great time and I ate loads.I have to save more money to come to the USA again..... Hopefully before Avian flu hits and Bush shuts the airspace.
Millermoos