PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 2 "Guitar Hero" game

fryingdutchman
10-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Being a bit of a gamer, I usually check in with a few PlayStation 2 sites.

The new "Guitar Hero" game is reportedly one hell of an experience.

Granted, for those of us that really play, it's a little fucked up to put your hands on a plastic guitar mock-up wired to a game console. That notwithstanding....here's part of the article.

"Music games have an extremely dedicated following, though they're not for everyone. Not every Joe Schmoe wants to hop up on a dance pad and jiggle his beer belly for all the world to see, much less participate in the torturous practice that some folks call "exercise".

For us Joe Schmoes, there's Guitar Hero, the most rockin'est thing to hit both sides of the Mississippi since Jimi Hendrix. Rather than hopping around to techno beats or teeny-bopper tunes, you can thrash out to the likes of Megadeth or Black Sabbath. As we're some bad-ass mofos up in this piece, you know we're all about the latter options.

The draw of the game is its custom-made controller, a Gibson SG-shaped guitar. The SG features five fret buttons for lightning-quick fingering, a strummer paddle for rocking out on and a whammy bar for tweaking your notes until the fat lady sings or your drummer pukes all over his kit."

Rest of the article with pics and screenshots here...

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/659/659813p1.html

fryingdutchman
10-20-2005, 05:45 AM
Check out a video!

If you can ignore the fucked up game reviewers hopping around like fags...it's actually pretty cool.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/748/748976/vids_1.html

Soul Reaper
10-20-2005, 12:16 PM
ever heard of Gitaroo Man?

Big Fat Sammy
10-20-2005, 01:22 PM
ROTFLMMFAO

Whats up with that belt he's wearing with the magic markers stuck in it? :D

It couldn't be that much harder to play Iron Man on a real guitar....this is like guitar lessons for people with extremely short attention spans. :D

But those guys look like they are actual guitar players (watch their right hands) or they have been playing that game way too much.

Looks like it would be fun in an arcade...this is a game to be played in public!

Golden AWe
10-20-2005, 01:34 PM
i would most definetely fuck both nicole ritchie and paris hilton

Soul Reaper
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

how relevant and true...:D

Dave's Bitch
10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
lol that seems pretty cool.they should have that sorta thing in arcades,i would spend a while on there

Last_Child
10-20-2005, 03:10 PM
WAAAAAYY more fun Playing the Real thing!

(not that I've tried this but...anyways..)

The Scatologist
10-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Manowar!!!!

"As my sword drinks blood!"

fryingdutchman
10-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
ever heard of Gitaroo Man?

Nope!

Explain, please!!

fryingdutchman
10-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
lol that seems pretty cool.they should have that sorta thing in arcades,i would spend a while on there

Probably would never last in an arcade...only because some asshole would do his Pete Townshend routine and smash the guitar!

fryingdutchman
10-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

Cuntinue...GA.

Would you like to do them together, or separately to savor each distinct flavor?

:D

fryingdutchman
10-21-2005, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
ROTFLMMFAO

Whats up with that belt he's wearing with the magic markers stuck in it? :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I didn't even see that the first time I watched it!!

Soul Reaper
10-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Nope!

Explain, please!!

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/015/015184.html

UGS
10-23-2005, 12:01 PM
That looks fucking stupid