PDA

View Full Version : Air America has 'no audience' in D.C.

DrMaddVibe
10-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Rating service can't detect measurable listenership for liberal network

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

If Al Franken speaks on the radio, and no one is tuned in to hear him, does he make a sound?

That could be the question being asked these days in the nation's capital, where Franken's liberal network, Air America, has no measurable audience according to the Arbitron rating service.

The Washington Post reports the dismal ratings are in for the summer seasonal book:

Air America, the liberal talk network carried on WWRC-AM (1260), went from bad to nonexistent. After WWRC recorded a mere fraction of a rating point in the spring with syndicated shows from the likes of lefty talkers Al Franken, Janeane Garofalo and Stephanie Miller, Arbitron couldn't detect a measurable listenership for the station this time around.

Notes Chris Field of the conservative publication Human Events, "Static would fare about as well."

The news comes on the heels of the network asking its listeners to send in money, a financial scandal involving money siphoned from a Boys & Girls Club in New York City, a California radio station pleading for advertisers to sponsor the programming claiming it could not get a single ad, and a host apologizing for what some thought were threats against President Bush's life.

ELVIS
10-22-2005, 05:09 AM
No measurable audience...

:D

Hahahahahaha...

:elvis:

The Scatologist
10-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Maybe because they're smart enough to form their own opinions and thoughts, unlike some other political group.....

Warham
10-22-2005, 10:26 AM
There is no pulse. Dead on arrival.

BigBadBrian
10-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Air Who?

:D

Nitro Express
10-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Rush Limbaugh is probably laughing his ass off. Al Franken, the dude that wrote the book, "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot" now goes against Rush on the airwaves and crashes and burns.

Face it, maybe if people like Al Franken had their own identity instead of just calling others fat or liars, he would get some listenership. Basically what's going on is Air America sucks ass.

BigBadBrian
10-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Rush Limbaugh is probably laughing his ass off. Al Franken, the dude that wrote the book, "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot" now goes against Rush on the airwaves and crashes and burns.

Face it, maybe if people like Al Franken had their own identity instead of just calling others fat or liars, he would get some listenership. Basically what's going on is Air America sucks ass.

I don't think Al realized how much he was helping Rush when he titled that book the way he did. It paid off for him...but it has paid off for Rush just as well.

:gulp:

Nitro Express
10-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Rush Limbaugh is an annoying egomaniac but he's also an old school, talented, proffessional radio host who worked his way up the industry. I've heard the guy do some of his regular "old school" DJ stuff and he's great. Too bad that old format no longer sells.

I always thought it was sad that Rush did a completely political show because the guy would be great as a more diversified radio host. It's called talent and Rush has that. We really don't get to see much of it with his current show but it's made him a rich man.

Not even perscription pain killer addiction can keep Rush down. I've never heard any dirt on Al Franken but he must suck on the radio. Time to go back to Saturday Night Live and beg for your writing job back Al.

Warham
10-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Al Franken is a bore.

FORD
10-23-2005, 03:38 AM
Franken's not a radio guy. Some people can translate from one medium to another well, like DLR. Others just don't pull it off (i.e. Don Johnson singing)

Maybe Al could get better with time, but he's probably going to run for the Senate in 2006 anyway, so his radio career would be over then.

Randi Rhodes & Mike Malloy are the real heart & soul of Air America. Jerry Springer could improve, but he's deliberately holding back because of what his TV show became.

There's 2 guys that have filled in for Mike Malloy on occasion who I think would be an asset to the network if they got their own show. One of them is Paul Rieckoff, an Iraq vet who runs the Operation Truth website. I forget the other guys name, Anthony something or other, but they do a good job as guest hosts.

If it were up to me, I'd give them that time slot, move Jerry to Franken's time and give Mike Malloy Springer's time slot permanetly for a morning drive time show that could wake up this country in more ways than one.

DrMaddVibe
10-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Then again you could just tune in and listen to Rush like you say you do and forget all the hatred!

LOL!

Nitro Express
10-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Rush before anyone even knew his politics was always a top radio host in any market he worked in. Rush can do radio well. If he was just some Republican with no talent, he would be in Al Frankens shoes but on the conservative side.