PDA

View Full Version : Some SERIOUS help needed here

DeadOrAlive
10-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Why do floaters float and sinkers sink?

saint
10-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Thank you for your sincer and straight forward question.
I knew those physic classes would turn out usefull one day:

Floaters float and sinkers sink because they both are buoyed up
by a force equal to the weight of the water they displace.

larbo
10-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Floaters float because they traded their foodstamps for crack. sinkers sink 'cause they spent all their foodstamps on chicken.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I thought it was a matter of density. The density of water being 1.00, anything denser than that sinks and anything less dense floats...

DeadOrAlive
10-24-2005, 10:17 AM
WELL... here's the correct answer. Floaters float because there is air captured inside the turd while it is forming in the sphincter hole and sinkers sink simply because it is more dense than the water and it overcomes the bouyant force of the water.

Cathedral
10-24-2005, 11:20 AM
If you have a lot of floaters then you need more fiber in your diet.
I never have floaters since i developed better dietary habits.

You can start to improve the efficiency of your digestive system simply by eating a bananna for lunch everyday.
The key is to stay away from processed foods, typically those frozen microwave meals.
They are so full of chemicals and preservatives that the body doesn't process them as they should which leads to digestive issues.

Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, meat maybe once or twice a month and stay away from pork all together. pigs are nasty beasts and they eat anything, same with shell fish.

Eating scavengers just opens you up for viral and bacterial infections.

Taking care of the pig pen was my chore as a kid, and i haven't been able to eat pork since, lol.
Oh i do eat bacon from time to time, but it's turkey bacon, not pork.

Soul Reaper
10-24-2005, 12:09 PM
se·ri·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sîr-s)
adj.
Grave in quality or manner: gave me a serious look.

Carried out in earnest: engaged in serious drinking; serious study of Italian.
Deeply interested or involved: a serious card player.
Designed for and addressing grave and earnest tastes: serious art; serious music.
Not trifling or jesting: I'm serious: we expect you to complete the assignment on time. Her question was serious enough to deserve a thoughtful response.
Of considerable size or scope; substantial: a cleanup that cost serious money.
Of such character or quality as to appeal to the expert, the connoisseur, or the sophisticate: “Every serious kitchen needs at least one peppermill” (Washington Post).
Concerned with important rather than trivial matters: a serious student of history.

Being of such import as to cause anxiety: serious injuries; a serious turn of events.
Too complex to be easily answered or solved: raised some serious objections to the proposal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English, from Old French serieux, from Late Latin srisus, from Latin srius.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
seri·ous·ly adv.
seri·ous·ness n.
Synonyms: serious, sober, grave, 2solemn, earnest, 1sedate, 1staid
These adjectives refer to manner, appearance, disposition, or acts marked by absorption in thought, pressing concerns, or significant work. Serious implies a concern with responsibility and work as opposed to play: serious students of music. Sober emphasizes circumspection and self-restraint: “My sober mind was no longer intoxicated by the fumes of politics” (Edward Gibbon). Grave suggests the dignity and somberness associated with weighty matters: “a quiet, grave man, busied in charts, exact in sums, master of the art of tactics” (Walter Bagehot). Solemn often adds to grave the suggestion of impressiveness: the judge's solemn tone as she handed down her decision. Earnest implies sincerity and intensity of purpose: disputants who showed an earnest desire to reach an equitable solution. Sedate implies a composed, dignified manner: “One of those calm, quiet, sedate natures, to whom the temptations of turbulent nerves or vehement passions are things utterly incomprehensible” (Harriet Beecher Stowe). Staid emphasizes dignity and an often strait-laced observance of propriety: “a grave and staid God-fearing man” (Tennyson).

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

se·ri·ous (sr-s)
adj.

Being of such import as to cause anxiety, as of a physical condition.

Source: The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Main Entry: se·ri·ous
Pronunciation: 'sir-E-&s
Function: adjective
: having important or dangerous possible consequences <a serious injury>

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

serious

adj 1: concerned with work or important matters rather than play or trivialities; "a serious student of history"; "a serious attempt to learn to ski"; "gave me a serious look"; "a serious young man"; "are you serious or joking?"; "Don't be so serious!" [ant: frivolous] 2: of great consequence; "marriage is a serious matter" 3: causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm; "a dangerous operation"; "a grave situation"; "a grave illness"; "grievous bodily harm"; "a serious wound"; "a serious turn of events"; "a severe case of pneumonia"; "a life-threatening disease" [syn: dangerous, grave, grievous, severe, life-threatening] 4: appealing to the mind; "good music"; "a serious book" [syn: good] 5: completely lacking in playfulness [syn: unplayful, sober] [ant: playful] 6: requiring effort or concentration; complex and not easy to answer or solve; "raised serious objections to the proposal"; "the plan has a serious flaw"

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Soul Reaper
10-24-2005, 12:10 PM
all in all, I have no answer to your question

DeadOrAlive
10-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Ask Jeeves this bitch right here, you'll get the correct answer.