PDA

View Full Version : Motorhead Appreciation Thread

Rebel
10-24-2005, 02:29 AM
All right, I see all these threads about all these bands, and most of them suck dick compared to Lemmy and the fuckin Motorhead. Any other big fans around, I've started getting back into them heavily. Inferno (came out last year) is a great album, top 5 of their catalog no doubt, Lemmy is one of the most underrated songwriters ever, and it really shows how good he is on the latest one.

I'm listening to "Everything Louder than Everything Else". Hammersmith will always be "the" live album, but I love this double disc, Lemmy sounds just great on here, pick it up for sure.

My fav Motorhead tune is Orgasmatron......of course :D

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000255X6.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00027Y5TS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rebel
10-24-2005, 05:33 AM
I haven't got to see them live, but I will be there the next time they are within 500 miles of me. Lemmy is a fuckin machine, he'll rock till the day he dies.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Just don't make the same mistake I did the first time I went-I stood right by the PA speakers. I couldn't hear anything for a week.

However, I was lucky enough to see the "bomber" for the last time (excluding the special show they did at Hammersmith this year).

Hardrock69
10-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Motorhead fucking rocks!!!

'Nuff said!
:cool:

saint
10-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Saw them first time aug. 2:nd 1985 on the IT NEVER GETS DARK TOUR:

Jailbait,
Killed By Death,
Ace Of Spades,
Nothing Up My Sleeve,
(We Are) The Raodcrew,
Bite The Bullet /
The Chase Is Better Than The Catch,
The Hammer,
Metropolis,
Mean Machine,
No Class,
Motorhead,
Bomber,
Overkill

I still have a ringing in my right ear to prove I was there. :D My fav albums are mostly the early years because I haven't really listened that much the last 15 years.. :o until lately.. and hell they rock! :killer:

loss of fools
10-24-2005, 03:11 PM
motorhead rule seen them 4 times including hammersmith bomber show this year. got tickets for my 5th show and i cant folking wait.

YOU GOTTA BODY LIKE A MARSHALL STACK

Atomic_Rob
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Motorhead are one of the greatest live bands ever. Finally seein the Bomber back in June at Hammersmith was fuckin unbelivable. The bootleg doesn't do the gig justice.

Recently brought some of the studio albums, Ace of Spades and Bomber, both are truely classic hard rock albums. Ace of Spades has to be in the top 5 albums of all time, not a shit track on there, and such tunes as Love Me Like A Reptile and Shoot You In The Back are pure genious song writing.

Truely amazing band, hope they carry on for many years yet

Shaun Ponsonby
10-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
Love Me Like A Reptile

Greatest riff ever.

Where've ya been, Rob?

Soul Reaper
10-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by krcampbell

I mistook Hetfield for Lemmy at first when seeing that picture....

Mr. Vengeance
10-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Outstanding band. Best album for me is Another Perfect Day, which was the one with Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy.

Seen them live twice. Loudest damn band on the planet!

Hardrock69
10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
My main connection for boots who lives in L.A. recorded the 50th Birthday party himself. I have had direct to CD master recordings of that evening since the week it happened.

I just found this interesting item on a metallica yahoo group, though I dunno how many years old it is:

LATEST NEWS: Wednesday 10th October. Motorhead are soon to be releasing a DVD called 'The Ultimate Motorhead DVD'. This DVD will have bonus footage of Lemmy's 50th Birthday party and this is where Metallica get involved. James, Kirk, Jason and Lars all dressed up in jeans and wigs and called themselves The Lemmys to perform on the night. Now for the first time this will be released on DVD for you all to buy. This one should be a good laugh!

Hardrock69
10-25-2005, 03:33 PM
:cool:

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 10:28 AM
I Love Motorhead

Lemmy is God