PDA

View Full Version : Bands that SHOULD be reunited

DABSR
10-25-2005, 08:58 PM
O.K. ...besides our favorite fearsome four in Van Halen, there are some bands that for the life of me, I can't understand why they aren't back together by now.

I mean, the rock scene is prime for the taking and there's 2 or 3 year bands that come out, do their thing and move on.

But i digress. Back to the topic at hand.

I mean, c'mon folks SOUNDGARDEN ?!?!?!? What the fuck ???

I like audioslave ...but ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!?!?!?! Where's Rage Against the Machine ?!?!?!?!?!

O.K. ..I could continue, but that would be selfish ..I'd rather hear what y'all have for input .... yes, even you knuckleheads out there :rolleyes:

talk to me

Rebel
10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
After Live 8, Pink Floyd no doubt. It could be HUGE. Original GNR reunion would be cool, but I don't think Axl has it in him anymore, I'd much rather see VR bust up for a GNR reunion than Audioslave bust up. AS is one of the best rock bands going.

DABSR
10-25-2005, 09:16 PM
ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY on the original GN'R reunion ...and since you put it that way, I agree ...I'd rather see Weiland and Co. split than Audioslave.

If i had to pick.

Rikk
10-25-2005, 09:23 PM
First off, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS...way better than VELVET REVOLVER. VR is still a good band...but not the great band VR was.

I'd way rather have SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE back and break up AUDIOSLAVE. SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE are both brilliant...two of the best bands of the last 20 years.

Terry
10-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Depends on what one wants out of a reunion.

There have been very few that really added anything to what any given group did in their heyday. I mean, if someone wants to go and see a reunited group just play the classics, fine. Just seems like few of those groups really do any justice to their back catalogs or live reputations when they get together after years have passed since their glory days.

Floyd I could see getting back together. They could pull it off. Maybe the Police. Those two groups could possibly put on a live show that wouldn't result in people saying "these guys are past it, and should have let sleeping dogs lay."

Rebel
10-25-2005, 09:30 PM
STP would be awesome. VR break up, and do a co-headline with STP and GNR, oh my goodness lol. Never happen though, only in my dreams. It'll happen right after Dave quits the radio gig and joins VH lol.

I don't know about Audioslave though. Rage and SG were both great, but I really like the new stuff AS is doing, I'd personally rather them run with that, rather than rehash the old.

Rebel
10-25-2005, 09:31 PM
As far as bands reuniting and putting out a VIABLE new album, I think STP and Rage would have the best chance. But I wouldn't put anything past Gilmour and Waters, put those two in a studio, even at this point, they could still make something great.

Seshmeister
10-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Love/Hate

The Scatologist
10-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Winger shall reunite!

mike sanchez
10-25-2005, 10:47 PM
the smashing fukn pumpkins:spank:

Steve Savicki
10-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Gentlemen,

You are forgetting the many albums long forgotten that you are lucky to find in a budget bin.

*sigh* cheap doesn't mean bad, there are some good cassettes that I listen to more than Eat 'Em and Smile.

Let see, I could say Tension and Impaler off the top of my head.
Oz and Pandemonium are up there as well.

Kix and Triumph for artists whose catalog is still available.

LOL, but who knows if the deleted bin artists even had 1 single tour.

rustoffa
10-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Grand Funk?........Railroad?

They're all old though.

Black Flag?

PHOENIX
10-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Bring back Cactus!!!!

:D

Golden AWe
10-26-2005, 03:49 AM
EXTREME...

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuuh

How about WHAM?

RIGHT SAID FRED?

Michael Jackson, he should call his former faces, skin colors and body parts and reunite...c'mon guys, you can do it!

DrMaddVibe
10-26-2005, 06:59 AM
I 2nd The Police!

Rikk
10-26-2005, 07:11 AM
I heard STING's jazz acoustic version of MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE the other day. He really doesn't get it, does he?

He sucks. He should be put in prison for destroying a great musical catalogue.

As much as I'd like THE POLICE back together, I think their new material would make their '86 version of DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME sound like speed metal.

Mr Badguy
10-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Whitesnake with John Sykes.

The Cult (I liked "Beyond good and evil")

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

And Ritchie Blackmore should plug his electric guitar in once again.

Soul Reaper
10-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
EXTREME...

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuuh

ohohohohohohoh yes.....

Soul Reaper
10-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Whitesnake with John Sykes.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

And Ritchie Blackmore should plug his electric guitar in once again.

I agree with you on all of those....especially Ritchie Blackmore....I'd love to see him get out of that pilgrim shit and into Deep Purple again....

Jérôme Frenchise
10-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy

So did I. I've always dug their albums. Though I like his voice a lot (on record...), I think Ian Astbury is a dickhead. It's plain to see on the "Beyond Good and Evil" DVD (an Oct. 2001 gig).

Astbury was twice an asshole in 2002: he did an act of sacrilege by joining that "Doors of the 21st century" stupidity, and in doing so he condemned the Cult, who should re-form (Billy Duffy, Matt Sorum and their excellent ex-new bass player for their 2001 tour, Billy Morrisson, are far better and cleverer dudes) and kill that so-called Doors heresy!

Safe CVH and The Police, all the grand have got back together more or less recently. I mean all the ones who could (The Doors or Led Zeppelin cannot, for instance); Pink Floyd's short set in Hyde Park, in retrospect, could well be enough after all, it was only 5 songs but there was so much in them, it was all so intense.

Mr. Vengeance
10-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Sting breaking up the Police was one of the truly dumb music moves. Not for him, but for music fans. I have no idea what to call the shit Sting does since then...

When you think about it, there aren't that many great bands that you could reunite. Because so many have dead people.

I honestly have been sitting here, trying to think of bands other than the Police and VH, that would even be POSSIBLE to reunite. It's tough. Makes me feel old.

There's a Canadian band I love called The Pursuit of Happiness that I've wanted to see reunite, and I just read that there are plans for that.

Black Sabbath if they actually went in full force and wrote a new album, instead of a couple of new songs.

Mr. Vengeance
10-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Sly and the Family Stone.

PHOENIX
10-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

There's a Canadian band I love called The Pursuit of Happiness that I've wanted to see reunite, and I just read that there are plans for that.

I'm an adult now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

DrMaddVibe
10-29-2005, 10:19 AM
TPOH fuggin' ROCK!

Caught them in Detroit and Canada in the early 90's!

Jérôme Frenchise
10-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh, there's one I'd really dig to see reunited: the J. Geils Band! They kicked bull elephants asses...
Oh yeah! :)

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/45rpm/kenta/j-geils/j-geils_3.gif

thome
10-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Roth/ Vai & the EEAS Gang was one I would like to see.New sounds
up and Running.

Blondie in a 200 or less seat club, great live party.

Circle Jerks, are out there somewhere, Golden Shower of Hits Era.

Terry
10-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
I heard STING's jazz acoustic version of MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE the other day. He really doesn't get it, does he?

He sucks. He should be put in prison for destroying a great musical catalogue.

As much as I'd like THE POLICE back together, I think their new material would make their '86 version of DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME sound like speed metal.

Sting kinda thinks he WAS the Police nowadays, and he was never the whole magilla.

Don't really know if I'd want the Police to bother with any new material...was lucky to catch the Synchronicity tour before they folded (although none of us knew it back then)...my only reservation would be if Copeland were up to it, drum-wise. He was so fucking great. But there is something to be said for how Sting feels about it all, when he says that the Police went out on top, and that he'd just as soon leave it at that.

Sting solo is so-so. Maybe a dozen or so songs in the last 20 years he's come up with that I could throw onto a mix tape and listen to more than once, but have to admit I haven't really bothered much since his second solo outing. Gordon got a little to pretentious for me after that.

tsqaure
10-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I agree on the Sly and the Family Stone.