PDA

View Full Version : Nugent rocks Hippodrome, gives shout-out to area troops

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 10:38 PM
By Jennifer Alexander (http://www.tednugent.com/news/hippodrome2005.shtml)

July 12, 2005

http://www.tnugent.com/music/WinterPark_2005/tedflag.jpg

Troops had orders from Ted Nugent to knock down anyone who didn't say the Pledge of Allegiance at the rocker's concert Monday night at the Waco Hippodrome.

“If they ain't saying anything, just go ahead and knock 'em down. You may resuscitate them immediately,” Nugent said to laughter during a meet-and-greet with soldiers prior to the show. Nugent gave 100 tickets to area troops so they could see his performance, and he handed out guitar picks to several soldiers to express his thanks.

“I'm taking all these handshakes to heart. I really mean it,” the veteran musician told the troops. “Know that America stands with you every step of the way.

“My spirit soars because I know what it was paid for with,” he said. “I am drunk on freedom.”

Nugent said being taught to respect police officers and military personnel as a young man shaped how he interacts with them now. He said he believes that the motivation of many people in the past few decades has been “me, me, me,” but that “I think it is turning into an ‘us, us, us' nation.”

Last week Nugent visited wounded soldiers at Brook Army Medical Base in San Antonio. He said he often is approached by law enforcement personnel while on tour, who show their appreciation for his message.

“There's a certain spirit that connects us,” he said, speaking often of the term “blood brother” to identify his ties to them. “When I use the words ‘blood brother,' it means that we will be there for each other.”

Staff Sgt. Shelly Nava, an Army recruiter in Waco, said she looked forward to her first Nugent concert and appreciates his gesture.

“What we do is for the community, and sometimes it's kind of a thankless job,” she said. “It's nice to hear ‘thank you.' ”

Nugent's impromptu show came between stops in Odessa and Houston during his Uncle Ted tour, and he said while many bands will take time to rest, the recent concerns over funding for the longtime Waco theater and its proximity to Fort Hood spurred him to add a show.

The former Motor City Madman himself is now a resident of McLennan County, having moved to Crawford this year. Asked how he was getting used to being in Texas, he replied, “Before I'm a Michiganiac or a Texan, I'm an American. I would be comfortable in San Francisco. É I've been touring so long I have friends in every city.”

Nugent said he enjoys the hunting opportunities he's found in Texas, and he has met his neighbor, President Bush.

“He's a good man. He covers my west flank and I cover his east flank,” Nugent said.

:elvis:

thome
10-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I've seen allot of Nugent shows and wouldn't mind seing him again.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 10:52 PM
FORD should go to one...

thome
10-26-2005, 11:01 PM
He wouldn't on pricipal, Nugent stands for all the Good in this country.

Ford dwells on the Negative.

Doesn't make hima bad guy just Negative.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 11:05 PM
And a supposed music lover...

FORD
10-27-2005, 02:21 AM
I was over Nugent musically long before he became a right wing wacko.

ELVIS
10-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Ted has some good songs...

blueturk
10-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
By Jennifer Alexander (http://www.tednugent.com/news/hippodrome2005.shtml)

July 12, 2005

Nugent said he enjoys the hunting opportunities he's found in Texas, and he has met his neighbor, President Bush.

“He's a good man. He covers my west flank and I cover his east flank,” Nugent said.

Yes, Dubya and Turgid Ted should get along fine. They are both pro-war idiots who avoided actually fighting in a war with their "blood brothers".

"According to a July 15, 1990 interview for the Detroit Free Press, Nugent described how he avoided the draft during the Vietnam War: He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with excrement and stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent

Nickdfresh
10-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Did Mr. Right-wing moralist preacher nail any sixteen-year-old chicks after the gig?:D

ELVIS
10-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Always digging up the past...:rolleyes:

You would have too...

Nugent explained it on CNN the best way he could...

"That's between me and God"

Nugent claims to have been 100% faithful to his wife...

ELVIS
10-27-2005, 08:45 AM
"Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em! To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Ted Nugent 2005

blueturk
10-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Did Mr. Right-wing moralist preacher nail any sixteen-year-old chicks after the gig?:D

Only after he was appointed to be their legal guardian...

Phil theStalker
10-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I see Ted's still dying his hair to suss you out.

Ted will be a tiny warlord of some land in Michigan when the wars in the Middle East comes to North America then he will see his country destroyed and he will have a change of heart about his ways of blind 'jingo'support for George Bush's spearhead plans for the world government.

For me that's too late.

I just hope we don't cross paths.

He's a turd.

:spank:

ELVIS
10-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Maybe, but he'll probably kick your ass...

No, wait, he'll just shoot you...

Phil theStalker
10-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Maybe, but he'll probably kick your ass...

No, wait, he'll just shoot you...

Not if I shoot first.:D

ELVIS
10-27-2005, 07:09 PM
You'll be drunk or high, he'll shoot first...;)

BigBadBrian
10-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Not if I shoot first.:D

No chance.

Ted's better.

He's a hunter of the First Order.

He'll stalk you like an antelope.

He'll sneak up on you and shoot you in the arse!

:D

scorpioboy33
10-29-2005, 12:07 AM
I love the Nug!

ELVIS
10-29-2005, 12:15 AM
Nuge...

ELVIS
10-29-2005, 12:24 AM
http://www.tnugent.com/music/Palace12_04/images/DSC_2147.jpg

ELVIS
10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
http://www.tnugent.com/music/Palace12_04/images/DSC_2324.jpg

Nitro Express
10-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Last time I saw the Nuge was in the 70's in Edmonton Alberta. He was late, people were getting pissed. Lights went out and the motherfucker comes swinging over the audience in a loan cloth. Grabs a guitar and goes into Wango Tango and the place is going nuts. Huge Fender Dual Showman amps pumping it out. Great show!