PDA

View Full Version : Oh my GOD, Jim!!! Sulu......he's GAY!

FORD
10-28-2005, 01:53 AM
George Takei Discloses His Homosexuality
By Associated Press

http://www.comcast.net/data/br/2005/10/27/br-54634.jpg

LOS ANGELES - George Takei, who as helmsman Sulu steered the Starship Enterprise through three television seasons and six movies, has come out as a homosexual in the current issue of Frontiers, a biweekly Los Angeles magazine covering the gay and lesbian community.

Takei told The Associated Press on Thursday that his new onstage role as psychologist Martin Dysart in "Equus," helped inspire him to publicly discuss his sexuality.

Takei described the character as a "very contained but turbulently frustrated man." The play opened Wednesday at the David Henry Hwang Theater in Los Angeles, the same day that Frontiers magazine featured a story on Takei's coming out.

The current social and political climate also motivated Takei's disclosure, he said.

"The world has changed from when I was a young teen feeling ashamed for being gay," he said. "The issue of gay marriage is now a political issue. That would have been unthinkable when I was young."

The 68-year-old actor said he and his partner, Brad Altman, have been together for 18 years.

Takei, a Japanese-American who lived in a U.S. internment camp from age 4 to 8, said he grew up feeling ashamed of his ethnicity and sexuality. He likened prejudice against gays to racial segregation.

"It's against basic decency and what American values stand for," he said.

Takei joined the "Star Trek" cast in 1966 as Hikaru Sulu, a character he played for three seasons on television and in six subsequent films. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1986.

A community activist, Takei ran for the Los Angeles City Council in 1973. He serves on the advisory committee of the California Civil Liberties Public Education Program and is chairman of East West Players, the theater company producing "Equus."

ELVIS
10-28-2005, 02:04 AM
Duh...

Dude, you're a homo...

:elvis:

MAX
10-28-2005, 02:06 AM
http://www.step-over.com/Spocksmind/episodes/nakedtime.gif

FORD
10-28-2005, 02:08 AM
http://www.barbneal.com/GRAPHICS/sulu.gif
Does this man look gay??

MAX
10-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Does this man look gay??

Well, he is pointing a poker in someone's general direction and seems to be enjoying it as well.

ELVIS
10-28-2005, 02:20 AM
Does this man look gay??

Absofuckinglutely!

He looks like a flaming queer...

FORD
10-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Well, now that I think about it, he DID seem really excited when they landed in San Francisco in Star Trek IV.....

ELVIS
10-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Oh, you've been thinking about it...;)

FORD
10-28-2005, 02:37 AM
http://www.trekmania.net/diplomatic/spock.gif

Fascinating..... I wear all the blue eyeshadow, and yet the helmsman turns out to be gay.

Oh well, good for him. Being honest with yourself is logical......

ELVIS
10-28-2005, 02:38 AM
I was never into Star Trek...

Golden AWe
10-28-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I was never into Star Trek...

Something wrong with you? :D

EbDawson
10-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Sulu kicking some commie ass in "The Green Berets".

ThrillsNSpills
10-28-2005, 07:01 AM
Well this gives the "Sulu Dance" a whole other meaning.

But is anyone surprised???
It's like if Richard Simmons came out tomorrow...everyone would be like...no shit.

thome
10-28-2005, 08:30 AM
He comes out about every five years or so to boost his(career) radio show.

Whatever ......Who didn't know this ever heard him talk off of the Star Trek shows sounds exactly like a Japanese Harvey Firestien.

Long live The Trek!

Vinnie Velvet
10-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Wow.

Honestly, I would've never thought any of the crew would be gay on Star Trek.

Sulu?

If there was anyone, I would've thought of Chekov first.

Millermoos
10-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Loads of good looking guys over here are gay.
Millermoos :cry2

Vinnie Velvet
10-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Line from Star Trek III:

"Don't call me tiny."

LOL!

Cathedral
10-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Who cares, why do people have to "come out", is it really anyone's business if they're gay or not?
I'm a proud heterosexual but you don't hear me boasting about it all over creation.

I just don't see why this shit is news, that's all.

Vinnie Velvet
10-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Who cares, why do people have to "come out", is it really anyone's business if they're gay or not?
I'm a proud heterosexual but you don't hear me boasting about it all over creation.

I just don't see why this shit is news, that's all.

Good point.

I'm not sure why Takei had to make it public NOW. He hasn't been in a Star Trek movie or something related since '91.

Why now?

I guess as heterosexuals, we just don't get it.

thome
10-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Some actors i can look beyond my own predjudice others i can't seem too.

Sulu i've been able to forget about .The last two Tom Cruise movies

I couldn't stop thinking- Whata Fag.Its kinda ruind one completely

Last Samuri with some other actor- Jet Li -maybe would have Ruled.

ELVIS
10-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
Loads of good looking guys over here are gay.
Millermoos :cry2

Does not compute...

Are you male or female ??

Hardrock69
10-28-2005, 09:51 AM
I always kinda wondered about him when I would see him in interviews and stuff....

It is still kinda shocking....something I never expected to hear.

The homos have occasionally written Star Trek novels where Spock & Kirk were Interplanetary Rump Rangers, but I always thought that was stupid....

Guess they shoulda been writing about Sulu instead....

Cathedral
10-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Good point.

I'm not sure why Takei had to make it public NOW. He hasn't been in a Star Trek movie or something related since '91.

Why now?

I guess as heterosexuals, we just don't get it.

You're right, I don't get it.
But i'm called a homophobe for not liking people's sexual excapades thrown into the face of me and my family.

It isn't that they want to "inform" the world, it is the start of their attempts to make me accept it as a valid lifestyle.
That is what really bothers gay people, the lack of acceptance and they want to force a change in our opinion.

That's why gay people feel the need to "come out".

It's none of my business until someone makes it my business, like "coming out", I have every right to express my public view on his public statement since he made it public, and NOT be called a homophobe based on my opinion.

I'm not afraid of being turned gay, it isn't a freakin virus you can catch, it's a lifestyle they chose, and that's my opinion whether anyone likes it or not.

Bottom line here is this: If a gay person doesn't want my opinion on the issue then they would be better served not to bring it up in discussion or in personally revealing news stories, it's common sense.
You cannot thrust the debate on people and then be upset because some people take it as disgusting, as i do.

Remember, It isn't me that holds it against a person, i'm civil to everyone. But once a gay person knows I'm against it, they get an attitude and start throwing labels around like homophobe, which by the way is the biggest bullshit word i have ever heard.

But let's break that down, can we?
Q: What is another word for Homophobe?

A: Straight

The phobia aspect is reverse psychosis on the part of the offended (gay person), so they project a general term that imply's a mental incapacity to make themselves feel better.
Being labeled that by a non-gay member of society though, now that's just stupid.

After all these years of Gay Pride and the Gay Movement, all i have to say to them is, "I don't agree, stop trying to make me agree".
As American Citizens they should have all the right's afforded them that i do myself, that much i'll give them, but that isn't where their fight ends.
They want acceptance from everyone, and i have none to offer.

I'm not a homophobe, I'm Anti-Gay...

thome
10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
A persons Sexuall Preference is jus that.

Not a Reason to establish a lobby on Capitol Hill and DEMAND YOU NOTICE MY SEX TRIPP!

And then the Lobby is formed and the Quota System must Provide.
So you get the Gay Rep.in the congress and everybodys Happy.

I sit and laugh my ass off at this world, People R Funny!

TELEPHONE POLE FUKERS UNITE !!!!! Demand we be Heard. Demand Justice.Lets have a parade so I'll Strap a telephone Pole to My Cok
and walk Down Main street.......... WHOs IN!!!

Seshmeister
10-28-2005, 10:10 AM

That could be a painful fisting technique...

Seshmeister
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
http://www.kuroneko.co.uk/aridor/startrek/Spock-is-gay.jpg

Vinnie Velvet
10-28-2005, 11:06 AM
You don't see Rob Halford out there talking to politicians about legalizing gay marriage.

He made a statement back in 1998. He didn't necessarily use it as a cause to help the gay community. He did it for himself because he felt repressed, the pressure of hiding it was too much. He needed to be truthful to metal fans.

I liked his approach. He said it and told everyone to just get over it.

And I'm still a big Judas Priest fan and nothing's changed.

ELVIS
10-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Being labeled that by a non-gay member of society though, now that's just stupid.

Gee, why does FORD suddenly come to mind ??

FORD, you're gay, my friend...

You're just mad you're not a cute little white boy, like myself...

I'm 100% straight, and 100% a ladies man... All of my friends and aquaintences, both male and female acknowledge these facts regularly...

FORD
10-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
You don't see Rob Halford out there talking to politicians about legalizing gay marriage.

He made a statement back in 1998. He didn't necessarily use it as a cause to help the gay community. He did it for himself because he felt repressed, the pressure of hiding it was too much. He needed to be truthful to metal fans.

I liked his approach. He said it and told everyone to just get over it.

And I'm still a big Judas Priest fan and nothing's changed.

Actually, Rob has been involved in political activism to some extent, as he explains here......

"Now that I'm out about my homosexuality, I'm gonna be shouting my mouth off about having the same rights and being treated the same way as every other person on this planet. All of us are human beings, and we should not be denied the same kinds of things that the greater portion of straight society receives. That's got to be the next step on this journey for me. I'll stand up for it and make my voice heard for equal rights."

--Rob Halford, lead singer of the heavy metal group Judas Priest, to the Advocate, May 12, 1998

Halford's also been the "Grand Marshall" of the Phoenix gay pride parade. So he hasn't exactly been quiet about it. It's just seperate from the music of Judas Priest.

FORD
10-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Gee, why does FORD suddenly come to mind ??

FORD, you're gay, my friend...

You're just mad you're not a cute little white boy, like myself...

I'm 100% straight, and 100% a ladies man... All of my friends and aquaintences, both male and female acknowledge these facts regularly...

I think you protest a little too much ;)

See, the difference here is, if I were gay, I would admit it, because there's not a damn thing wrong with being gay.

Hell, there are times it would be an advantage, like when it comes time for shopping (which I hate) or picking out clothes (fashion misfit here). But you would NEVER get me to buy a Barbara Striesand album!

ELVIS
10-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Actually, I have, and Love A Star is Born...

I like shopping, especially with my mom, or a chick...

I like cool clothes...

It's confirmed, you're gay...:D

FORD
10-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Actually, I have, and Love A Star is Born...

I like shopping, especially with my mom, or a chick...

Fag! :D

Mr. Vengeance
10-28-2005, 12:20 PM
George Takai gay???? Nooooooooooo. WHAT A SHOCKER!!!!

I couldn't have been more sure of it if he had fucked me in the ass before he made the announcement....

Who didn't know this?

Vinnie Velvet
10-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Actually, Rob has been involved in political activism to some extent, as he explains here......

"Now that I'm out about my homosexuality, I'm gonna be shouting my mouth off about having the same rights and being treated the same way as every other person on this planet. All of us are human beings, and we should not be denied the same kinds of things that the greater portion of straight society receives. That's got to be the next step on this journey for me. I'll stand up for it and make my voice heard for equal rights."

--Rob Halford, lead singer of the heavy metal group Judas Priest, to the Advocate, May 12, 1998

Halford's also been the "Grand Marshall" of the Phoenix gay pride parade. So he hasn't exactly been quiet about it. It's just seperate from the music of Judas Priest.

Yes, but that was back in 1998, when Halford also dennounced Metal and said it was dead and was fronting the industrial group, Two.

Now, being back in JP and having re-discovered his Metal roots in 2000 with 'Ressurection', you don't see him spouting it off too much.

Now after all these years I thought the song 'Jawbreaker' was about kicking someone's ass---but Halford had another meaning.

:D

Priest still rulz.

Soul Reaper
10-28-2005, 04:25 PM
George Takei Discloses His Homosexuality
By Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - George Takei, who as helmsman Sulu steered the Starship Enterprise through three television seasons and six movies, has come out as a homosexual in the current issue of Frontiers, a biweekly Los Angeles magazine covering the gay and lesbian community.

Takei told The Associated Press on Thursday that his new onstage role as psychologist Martin Dysart in "Equus," helped inspire him to publicly discuss his sexuality.

Takei described the character as a "very contained but turbulently frustrated man." The play opened Wednesday at the David Henry Hwang Theater in Los Angeles, the same day that Frontiers magazine featured a story on Takei's coming out.

The current social and political climate also motivated Takei's disclosure, he said.

"The world has changed from when I was a young teen feeling ashamed for being gay," he said. "The issue of gay marriage is now a political issue. That would have been unthinkable when I was young."

The 68-year-old actor said he and his partner, Brad Altman, have been together for 18 years.

Takei, a Japanese-American who lived in a U.S. internment camp from age 4 to 8, said he grew up feeling ashamed of his ethnicity and sexuality. He likened prejudice against gays to racial segregation.

"It's against basic decency and what American values stand for," he said.

Takei joined the "Star Trek" cast in 1966 as Hikaru Sulu, a character he played for three seasons on television and in six subsequent films. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1986.

A community activist, Takei ran for the Los Angeles City Council in 1973. He serves on the advisory committee of the California Civil Liberties Public Education Program and is chairman of East West Players, the theater company producing "Equus."

Logic suggests that he is gay.....

....or has someone already done that line?

DavidLeeNatra
10-28-2005, 04:38 PM
he's not the only one...I always thought that mc coy could also be mc gay...

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/mccoy01/200x150.jpg

Soul Reaper
10-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Mr. Spock could be Mr. Thpock....and so it goes on.....

thome
10-28-2005, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/mccoy01/200x150.jpg [/QKelley s favorite chore was pruning the 50 rosebushes at the
modest one story ran house in Sherman Oaks, that he has
shared with his wife of nearly 55 years, former actress Carolyn
Dowling. The couple, who had no children, met as actors in a play
in Long Beach in 1942 and married three years later, exchanging
two 25-cent Indian rings. "They were the most loving couple you ve
ever seen in your life," says Barrett. Entering the terminal stages of
cancer four months ago, Kelley moved from a hospital near his home
to one in Woodland Hills, where his wife, 82, is still recuperating from
a broken leg. "He was more worried about Carolyn than he was himself,"
says Lyles. "Carolyn would visit him in her wheelchair." She was by his
side when Kelley crossed the final frontier.UOTE]

Now take that back .Don't Dis Boney. LOL

seenbad
10-28-2005, 07:09 PM
You're right, I don't get it.
But i'm called a homophobe for not liking people's sexual excapades thrown into the face of me and my family.

It isn't that they want to "inform" the world, it is the start of their attempts to make me accept it as a valid lifestyle.
That is what really bothers gay people, the lack of acceptance and they want to force a change in our opinion.

That's why gay people feel the need to "come out".

It's none of my business until someone makes it my business, like "coming out", I have every right to express my public view on his public statement since he made it public, and NOT be called a homophobe based on my opinion.

I'm not afraid of being turned gay, it isn't a freakin virus you can catch, it's a lifestyle they chose, and that's my opinion whether anyone likes it or not.

Bottom line here is this: If a gay person doesn't want my opinion on the issue then they would be better served not to bring it up in discussion or in personally revealing news stories, it's common sense.
You cannot thrust the debate on people and then be upset because some people take it as disgusting, as i do.

Remember, It isn't me that holds it against a person, i'm civil to everyone. But once a gay person knows I'm against it, they get an attitude and start throwing labels around like homophobe, which by the way is the biggest bullshit word i have ever heard.

But let's break that down, can we?
Q: What is another word for Homophobe?

A: Straight

The phobia aspect is reverse psychosis on the part of the offended (gay person), so they project a general term that imply's a mental incapacity to make themselves feel better.

After all these years of Gay Pride and the Gay Movement, all i have to say to them is, "I don't agree, stop trying to make me agree".
As American Citizens they should have all the right's afforded them that i do myself, that much i'll give them, but that isn't where their fight ends.
They want acceptance from everyone, and i have none to offer.

I'm not a homophobe, I'm Anti-Gay...

A profound statement. Well said.

rustoffa
10-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Poor ol' Uhuru. All those years she was probably like, "I guess they don't like black chicks....maybe it's the stupid thing hanging out of my ear..."

Now she's like, "ahahahaha!! they were all fucking queers!!!"

shaggydoo
10-28-2005, 09:17 PM
But you would NEVER get me to buy a Barbara Striesand album!

I do not understand the assocaition between liking Barbara Striesand and being homosexual. She were a hotty when she was young. Saw her movie "What's up Doc?" a while back and she looked damn fine it that. In particular recall her wearing a singlet and she's looking perky, buoyant and hot! And a scene where she is laying on top of a grand piano hidden under a sheet and Ryan O'neal uncovers her... well if I were Ryan I would have got on top of that piano with her in an instant! Really do not understand the gay assocaition to Barbara Striesand. Or is it just her music that has this gay association?

Cathedral
10-28-2005, 10:59 PM
It's the music, any guy who likes her music has a tinkerbell thing going on.
Same with Mannilow and Yani.

Susie Q
10-29-2005, 04:10 AM
I'll tell ya what....William Shatner is GAY. He comes to visit a guy here in my city on a few occasions, and was known about town to be his 'lover'. They go to the Horse Racing Track here, etc. ;)

Soul Reaper
10-29-2005, 06:59 AM
The Borg must have implanted gay nanoprobes into them or something.....

DavidLeeNatra
10-29-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by thome
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/mccoy01/200x150.jpg [/QKelley s favorite chore was pruning the 50 rosebushes at the
modest one story ran house in Sherman Oaks, that he has
shared with his wife of nearly 55 years, former actress Carolyn
Dowling. The couple, who had no children, met as actors in a play
in Long Beach in 1942 and married three years later, exchanging
two 25-cent Indian rings. "They were the most loving couple you ve
ever seen in your life," says Barrett. Entering the terminal stages of
cancer four months ago, Kelley moved from a hospital near his home
to one in Woodland Hills, where his wife, 82, is still recuperating from
a broken leg. "He was more worried about Carolyn than he was himself,"
says Lyles. "Carolyn would visit him in her wheelchair." She was by his
side when Kelley crossed the final frontier.UOTE]

Now take that back .Don't Dis Boney. LOL

no kids...no sex...GAY :D

Diamondjimi
10-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
no kids...no sex...GAY :D

Hey , the guy was into gardening and pussy .
He could've been into heroin and pussy , it does'nt matter. He was obviously into pussy !
Damn, 55 years !? Musta been one hell of a piece of ass !!!

As for Sulu......Christ , a 3 year old could tell that he was a fruit !

What a shocking revelation !

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

flappo
10-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Well, now that I think about it, he DID seem really excited when they landed in San Francisco in Star Trek IV.....

hahahaa

thome
10-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Hey , the guy was into gardening and pussy .
He could've been into heroin and pussy , it does'nt matter. He was obviously into pussy !
Damn, 55 years !? Musta been one hell of a piece of ass !!!

As for Sulu......Christ , a 3 year old could tell that he was a fruit !

What a shocking revelation !

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Don't Forget, GOOD WHISKEY. Bones was known to partake.

As far as actors go he was the- finest of the lot -on Star Trek.
RIP

Hardrock69
10-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Poor ol' Uhuru. All those years she was probably like, "I guess they don't like black chicks....maybe it's the stupid thing hanging out of my ear..."

Now she's like, "ahahahaha!! they were all fucking queers!!!"

I got a funny story to tell about Nichelle Nichols.

She had appeared as the Guest Of Honor at a Star Trek convention I went to back in the mid-90s. My only real fanaticism about the show is getting autographed 8 X 10s of the actors.

So anyway, she was taking questions from the audience, and I asked her what she was doing in movies, TV, Theater or otherwise in the Entertainment Business.

She answered my question, and that was the end of her "presentation".

So the next thing she did was to sit at a table out in the hall, and sign stuff for everyone there.

Now keep in mind I looked like a standard rock musician, leather jacket, hair down to the middle of my back.

So anyway, I had an 8 X 10 for her to sign, and I got up to the table:

Me: Hi!

Nichelle: I saw you standing out there with your beautfiul long hair!

Me: Uhhh.....you are way more beautiful than I am!

Nichelle: No I'm not!

Me: speechless....

I managed to ask her a question about a small part she played in an old James Garner movie called "Mr. Buddwing", and then I left.

The way she looked at me as she was talking to me, I realized as I walked away that I could easily have asked her out to dinner, and maybe got some Uhura-pussy later on!

Man....needless to say I tripped out that day!

That was probably my most interesting encounter with a celebrity...

Cathedral
10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Resistance is futile, and they mean it, boy do they mean it...

DavidLeeNatra
10-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
[...]

good one...!

EbDawson
10-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

The way she looked at me as she was talking to me, I realized as I walked away that I could easily have asked her out to dinner, and maybe got some Uhura-pussy later on!

Man....needless to say I tripped out that day!

Yeah, she was a hot piece of ass back in the day! Used to dig those short dresses that the Star Trek broads wore.