PDA

View Full Version : Yngwie Malmsteen

Terry
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Anyone else notice on the track 'Don't Let It End', from 1985s Marching Out, how during the acoustic guitar/piano intro Jeff Scott Sotos voice cracks twice before the band kicks in?

Apparently he did it intentionally, as I have a vid of Ygnwie live in Japan from the same year, and the same thing happens live.

He kinda sounds like Peter Brady when it happens.

Mr. Vengeance
10-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Funniest thing I ever heard regarding Yngwie was on the video for the Hear n' Aid sessions ( that was the Metal USA for Africa thing).

Michael McKeon and Christopher Guest reprise their Spinal Tap roles, and they are talking about Yngwie. They are saying how after hearing him play they just gave up the guitar. 'Why bother? I can't play it like that"

Then they hold up his album and say, "I like the way he puts Yngwie J. Malmsteen on his records. That way you won't confuse him with all the other Yngwie Malmsteens out there."

Matt White
10-30-2005, 09:31 PM
I remember the first time I saw the "STARS" vid...had heard about Yngwie....
First time I saw him do that blazin' run......I couldn't believe my ears & eyes.....

bueno bob
10-30-2005, 11:05 PM
The dude I used to work with was in Hawaii at the time Alcatrazz played a high school there, during the first album's tour...caught him live, maybe about 20 people in attendance...magnificent :D

bueno bob
10-30-2005, 11:06 PM
I myself heard "Fire" on some compilation album my cousin had...I borrowed it from her and immediately went out and bought Trilogy the next day...fucking blew my mind...

Hardrock69
10-31-2005, 12:17 AM
I just found out this afternoon he will be here on December 6th. I have seen him 2wice here in the past 3 years. I will not miss the chance to see him live.

Yes, watching him makes me feel insignificant as a "shredder", but I am good at what I do otherwise, so I don't let it bother me.

I just go to the shows and marvel at his kick-assedness.

:cool:

ashstralia
10-31-2005, 06:46 AM
i'd love to see the dude

UNLEASH THE FOOKIN FURY!!!!!

ELVIS
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.yngwie.org/UTF-pix/sergio10.jpg

:elvis:

Brett
10-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Yep everytime I go see him play, I say "Why the fuck do I bother?"

I guess the saving grace is he writes terrible songs, and is stuck in 1986, but it's fun to watch that fucker shred.

Soul Reaper
10-31-2005, 02:05 PM
I think he's an amazing and original guitarist.....contrary to what people think.....

bueno bob
10-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I think he's an amazing and original guitarist.....contrary to what people think.....

I'm with you on that, actually...I honestly kinda wish we could get back to more direct albums with him, though...Unleash the Fury is a bit too all over the place musically for me, too many short instrumentals, too identical to Attack...I mean, there's some grate songs on it, but 3 or 4 outstanding tracks does not a grate album make...

The thing of it is, it kinda goes by in a blur to me, and short of, oh, Cracking the Whip, Revolution, The Boogeyman, Beauty and the Beast and Unleash the Fury, I can't seem to recall by memory anything else on the album by thinking about it, and when that happens - especially after I've listened to the album 5 or 6 times through - I don't consider it a success to my auditory canals...and the same thing happened with Attack, so...

I'm probably the ONLY person on the planet who will say this, but I'd really like to see a reunion with either Joe Lynn Turner or Michael Vescera and another Odyssey/Seventh Sign/Magnum Opus-like album...

Hardrock69
11-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Joe Lynn Turner has a new solo album coming out....unless I am a moron and it has been released already...but I don't think it actually has been yet...

sammysucks65
11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Yngwie is a killer musician and no matter how fat or bitchy he gets..i will always respect him

bueno bob
11-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by sammysucks65
Yngwie is a killer musician and no matter how fat or bitchy he gets..i will always respect him

Hell yes.

HOM is turning into a Malmsteen forum from the looks of it... :)

BITEYOASS
11-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Hell yes.

HOM is turning into a Malmsteen forum from the looks of it... :)

And pretty soon he will ruhlease duh fookin fyory!!! SEE YOU IN TOKYO BITCH!!!! LOL :D