PDA

View Full Version : Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood!

Cathedral
10-30-2005, 11:17 PM
I just picked this up for the pc and let me tell you, the first person shooter has come into its own with this WWII adventure.

It's almost freakin real with the way the enemy adapts to the players tactics. they seem to actually make decisions on what to do based on what i do, it's just fucking awesome, and the graphics? Fuckin Bad-Ass.

Not to mention you can truly flank these Kraut Bastards and them not even see it coming.

The fuckers come after you and will flank you instead if your ass isn't careful.

It does require some serious RAM and a kick ass graphics card, but this thing is amazingly realistic.

I tried another one called, Call of Duty 2, and it is pretty damn nice too, though system requirements are minimal, COD 2 has the best smoke effects, hopefully all other software designers take a lesson from this one.

I'd love to get a team together and go online to kick some ass in the name of all that is Roth, lol.

But seriously, if shooters are your thing, the two above titles are worth the bread.

WACF
10-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Cool...I'll have to snag that one.

Loved Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honour.

The AI in these games have come a long way...I laughed my ass off when I threw a grenade into a building and they picked it up and threw it back at me...something I did not expect. I think that was in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Playing online can be a blast.
I have not done that in a few years.
A few buddies and I would log onto some larger servers on Unreal Tournament...before you knew it the sun was coming up.

Eyes of the Night
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Fo sure fo sure ... getting this for my Xbox yo ...

The movie rocked as well!!!

Cathedral
10-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Cool...I'll have to snag that one.

Loved Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honour.

The AI in these games have come a long way...I laughed my ass off when I threw a grenade into a building and they picked it up and threw it back at me...something I did not expect. I think that was in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Playing online can be a blast.
I have not done that in a few years.
A few buddies and I would log onto some larger servers on Unreal Tournament...before you knew it the sun was coming up.

Yes, do snag it, it kept me up the entire night last night and i've been awake all damn day, i'm not as young as i once was, lol.

But yeah, the throwing the grenades back at you took me for a surprise, i wasn't expecting that at all.
Computer Soldiers that seem to think on their own and react in real time? Pretty fuckin awesome i must say.

The anti-tank gun is really really fun too. It's not every day a single lone guy can knock a tank back 10 feet, lmmfao.

Brothers In Arms is the best war sim i have seen yet, though the smoke could use a little work, but that is the only thing that looked better in Call Of Duty 2.