PDA

View Full Version : Magnum and Thunder

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 10:20 AM
has anyone ever heard of magnum or thunder?,they are both doing a gig in manchester and i was thinking i might go.A guy i was talking to told me they are kinda like whitesnake,like the old kinda rock stuff but i have never heard of them,he said they were kinda 70's or 80's type stuff.

If anyone has any info on them or like good songs of either to download or anything id be greatfull for it

Mr Badguy
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Absolutely!

Thunder made two amzing albums in the early 90`s, "Backstreet symphony" and "Laughing on judgement day". Anything from those is highly recommended. They`ve made a few CDs since that are pretty much retreads but are still enjoyable.

Mr Badguy
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Magnum are solid all round.

I prefer their early stuff, which is pomp rock like Styx mixed with Queen mixed with Yes, the best album from that era being "Chase the dragon", although all are exceptional.

They went more mainstream with "On a storyteller`s night", which some regard (although I don`t) as their best album.

After that they were pretty much Americanized pop rock, although they were very good at it.

Very, very consistant.

Good band with good solid songs but not good looking enough to break the big time.

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 12:11 PM
i have heard dirty love by thunder and i think its ok.its kinda whitesnake like.and also ive heard love walked in by thunder and i liked that too.i have not heard any magnum yet though so i dont know what they are like.

loss of fools
11-01-2005, 04:06 PM
got to say thunder dont do it for me, i saw them support deep purple and just couldent get into them

Last_Child
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
I have Chase The Dragon.

It Rawks.