PDA

View Full Version : Former NFL star says he was roughed up at Emmy party

ALinChainz
11-01-2005, 10:12 PM
November 1, 2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Former Denver Broncos star Terrell Davis is suing the operator of a bar in the famed Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, saying he was roughed up last month at an Emmy Awards after-show party.

Davis, who is black, said the trouble started when the Tropicana Bar's owner, Amanda Scheer-Demme, told a friend of his to stop talking with a white waitress.

When Davis attempted to speak to Scheer-Demme, he received ``the same condescending attitude,'' according to the lawsuit filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Neither Scheer-Demme nor her lawyer returned calls Monday and Tuesday by The Associated Press.

According to Davis, the waitress stepped between him and Scheer-Demme and put her hand on his chest to push him aside, then made a derogatory remark when he asked her to move her hand.

At that point, according to the lawsuit, Davis walked away and began to socialize with other people when two bouncers approached and demanded he leave. One of the bouncers choked the retired running back while the other wrestled him to the floor, according to Davis' suit.

Davis, who was the MVP of the 1998 Super Bowl, says he suffered a bruised neck and damage to a surgically repaired hip. His lawsuit seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-davis-lawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

rustoffa
11-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks.

I'll embellish this tomorrow at work.

LMFAO!

Sammy Who??
11-02-2005, 08:51 PM
the civil war ended a long time ago terrell you ignorant fuck wad. but boy could he run with the football

thome
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
He allways played like a cry-baby.

Funny how this doesn't surprise me.

99% of the time when asked to leave a Bar I shoulda been gone hrs ago.