PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brown Out At Cnn

BigBadBrian
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
AARON BROWN OUT AT CNN
Wed Nov 02 2005 15:43:11 ET

To: All CNN Staff

We have made some programming decisions which will impact our prime time schedule as well as our colleague Aaron Brown. Aaron will be leaving CNN and is very much looking forward to some well-deserved time off with his family.

Aaron has made enormous contributions to CNN since his groundbreaking anchoring of Sept. 11th through the war in Iraq to the Tsunami to the recent hurricanes. Outside of the big stories, on a nightly basis, Aaron has provided our audiences with insight into the events of the United States and the world with eloquence and the highest journalist integrity.

Besides his stellar work as an anchor, Aaron stands as an absolutely brilliant writer, evident by the thoughtful perspective he injects into every story he touches.

Personally, I will miss Aaron and his wicked sense of humor. We cannot thank Aaron enough for the skills and professionalism he brought to CNN. Given his respect throughout the industry, there is no question that he will be missed.

Link (http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm)

LoungeMachine
11-02-2005, 04:50 PM
I met Aaron back when he was on KING5 here in Seattle. He lived right across the street from Green Lake

He was pretty schmaltzy even back then.

The night Ivar Haglund died, he mused that they must be eating salmon in heaven tonight........[roll eyes]

FORD
11-02-2005, 05:49 PM
As Lounge said, Aaron Brown's been on TV in this part of the world a long time. I never really cared for the guy myself, but it's obvious why CNN canned him: He didn't kiss enough BCE ass. And you can bet his replacement will be a champion Kool Aid drinker.

DrMaddVibe
11-02-2005, 10:13 PM
So he was packing in the viewers at CNN eh?

Fuck NO!

Care to bet that he runs to another news anchor?