PDA

View Full Version : French government in crisis mode

BigBadBrian
11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
French government in crisis mode
By JOCELYN GECKER

Wednesday, November 2, 2005 Posted at 4:42 PM EST

Associated Press and Canadian Press

Paris — France's government went into crisis mode Wednesday to deal with spreading rioting in the suburbs of Paris, with the Prime Minister postponing a trip to Canada and the President calling for calm.

In tough northeastern suburbs around Clichy-sous-Bois, where the accidental deaths of two teenagers last week first prompted angry youths to rampage, the hulks of burned-out cars littered streets and young men prepared for a seventh consecutive night of fighting with riot police.

Leaders at Clichy-sous-Bois' mosque prayed for peace and asked parents to keep teenagers off the streets.

The violence, which spread to at least nine Paris-region towns overnight Tuesday, laid bare the despair, anger and deep-rooted criminality in France's poor, unemployment-hit suburbs — some of them ghettos where police hesitate to venture despite proof they are fertile terrain for Islamic extremists, drug dealers and racketeers.

The unrest, concentrated in neighbourhoods with large African and Muslim populations, has highlighted the difficulties many European countries face with immigrant communities feeling marginalized and restive, cut off from Europe's prosperity and, for some extremists, its values.

"They have no work. They have nothing to do. Put yourself in their place," said Abderrahmane Bouhout, president of the Clichy-sous-Bois mosque, where a tear gas grenade exploded Sunday, fuelling the anger of local youths who suspected a police attack. Authorities are investigating the incident.

To deal with the unrest, Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin postponed a visit to Canada and Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy cancelled a Nov. 6-9 trip to Pakistan and Afghanistan.

In Ottawa, Melanie Gruer, a spokeswoman for Prime Minister Paul Martin, said Mr. Villepin's visit will be rescheduled. The Canadian government is disappointed but understands the postponement, she said.

French President Jacques Chirac, meanwhile, told a weekly cabinet meeting that "the law must be applied firmly" but "in a spirit of dialogue and respect" to prevent "a dangerous situation" from developing. He acknowledged the "profound frustrations" of troubled neighbourhoods but said violence is not the answer.

"Zones without law cannot exist in the republic," he said.

The violence cast doubt on the success of France's model of seeking to integrate its large immigrant community by playing down differences between ethnic groups.

France's Muslim population, at an estimated five million, is Western Europe's largest. Rather than embraced as equal citizens, immigrants and their French-born children often complain of police harassment and of being refused jobs, housing and opportunities.

Eric, a 22-year-old in Clichy-sous-Bois born in France to Moroccan parents, said police target young people with dark skin. He said he has been unable to find full-time work for two years and that the riots were a demonstration of suburban solidarity.

"People are joining together to say we've had enough," he said. He refused to give his surname, saying that talking to reporters was poorly regarded in his neighbourhood. "We live in ghettos," he added. "Everyone lives in fear."

Many immigrant families are trapped in low-cost housing projects built to accommodate foreign labourers after the Second World War, but which have since succumbed to chronic unemployment and lawlessness. In some neighbourhoods, drug dealers and racketeers hold sway and Islamic radicals seek to recruit disenchanted youths, experts say.

"French society is in a bad state ... increasingly unequal, increasingly segregated, and increasingly divided along ethnic and racial lines," said sociologist Manuel Boucher. Some youths turn to Islam to claim an identity that is not French, "to seize on something which gives them back their individual and collective dignity."

Successive governments have injected funds and job-creation schemes but failed to resolve the problems.

"No matter what the politicians say, some neighbourhoods are all but lost," said Patrice Ribeiro, national secretary of the Synergie police officers' union. "Police patrols pass through but without stopping and with their windows rolled up."

In Aulnay-sous-Bois, another northeastern suburb where riot police fired rubber bullets at advancing gangs of youths Tuesday, workers cleaned up charred debris and menacing young men smoked cigarettes in doorways. A group of teenagers chased and threw stones at Associated Press reporters.

"I am afraid. I have children. I have never seen anything like this here," said Aulnay resident Houcine Yahiaoui. "I was watching from my windows last night as kids were burning cars."

Police said 180 vehicles were torched across the Paris region, most of them in the Seine-Saint-Denis region that includes Clichy, Aulnay and other violence-hit neighbourhoods. Police made 35 arrests in Seine-Saint-Denis.

Link (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051102.wfrance1102/BNStory/International/)

BITEYOASS
11-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Easy solution, send em to saudi arabia since they want religious freedom. This is a good example of why the national guard should help in controlling the US Border in order to keep this from happening.

Nitro Express
11-03-2005, 02:33 AM
France is the typical European country with an aging population. They let African and Middle East immigrants in to do the work the French don't want to do or can't do because of a shortage of young people. Of course differences in religion, language, education, and economic standing creates chasms between the people. Too many of them always creates a revolution scenero. Yup, the same situation is brewing in the United States as well.

BITEYOASS
11-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Fuck, I say you all should knock up your wives more often! :D Do it for your country, and ditch the expensive car or motorbike.

Dr. Love
11-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
France is the typical European country with an aging population. They let African and Middle East immigrants in to do the work the French don't want to do or can't do because of a shortage of young people. Of course differences in religion, language, education, and economic standing creates chasms between the people. Too many of them always creates a revolution scenero. Yup, the same situation is brewing in the United States as well.

I had read a few years back that the birth rate in France was lower than the death rate, and that the abortion rate was very high.

I don't know if that's true, but it would imply that they are killing themselves off over time.

DrMaddVibe
11-03-2005, 07:49 PM
And that's supposed to be a bad thing?

Millermoos
11-04-2005, 06:37 AM
France is the typical European country with an aging population. They let African and Middle East immigrants in to do the work the French don't want to do or can't do because of a shortage of young people. Of course differences in religion, language, education, and economic standing creates chasms between the people. Too many of them always creates a revolution scenario. Yup, the same situation is brewing in the United States as well.

Really is this happening in the USA as well? Historically the French government does not like to be challenged, you don't challenge the State, that's why they are having problems cos they have a zero tollerance attitude furthermore the once who are causing troubles are north africans mainly Muslim, the majority of crimes on a daily basis are actually committed by them unfortunately so they don't get the simpathy from the average French . I mean you have the same problems in other European countries but not with the same results.
Millermoos

Millermoos
11-04-2005, 07:48 AM
I wanted to add that I understand why the kids are using violents against the french government and that being second or generation immigrants and feeling they are not intergreted within the system cos of luck of jobs and cultural, religious, differences etc but at the same time I understand the average French that complains about being physically attacked or car broken into and they are fed up.
I mean when I went on holiday in Paris I had not a nice experience when I came out of the Gard du Nord. I was trying to find a taxi and being, dyslexic, English + a gal with no french and on my own did not help: I was suddently approached by two Algerians, I kept walking thinking what am I going to do here, I can't get read of those two guys anyway one of the two touched my arm so I kind of pull backwards and I told him to f. off in English and I dashed into the nearest Bar where luckily I found the guy behind the bar that spoke little English and helped me out. It is really intimidating if you walking down a street and you see loads of Arabs looking down on you and making remarks ( like it happened to me when I was on holiday in France), I don't see why one should put up with that type of crap in their own country especially if you are a gal.
After that experience I decided to take up martial art and general self defence class I feel more confident now.
Millermoos

BITEYOASS
11-04-2005, 05:30 PM
send em back to damn algeria for all I care, didn't France have a war with that damn country? And if algerians hated the french so much, then why did they immigrating there?!?!? If the french want to survive then they should fuck more often and pop out more kids.

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
http://www.thesoundarchive.com/montypython/french.wav

Nitro Express
11-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Everyone seems to hate the French after awhile. The Vietmese had no love for them and even the United States views France how Poland was viewed a few dacades ago. You would think France and the US would have better relations since it was France that helped us beat the British in the American Revolution and they gave us the Statue of Liberty. something happened down the road and now France seems to be all by itself.

I've been to France many times. The people in the smaller cities and rural areas are the nicest people you could meet. French cookware, knives, trains, airplanes, and outdoor equipment are some of the best in the world. In Paris, people are rude as hell but it's been that way for a long time.

France in general seems to have corrupt politicians but who doesn't? They are proud of their culture and guard it against change. France it take us the way we are or fuck you! Amazingly, Americans and the French have a lot in common and maybe that is why we hate each other so much.

One thing for sure, immigration is only an asset if the people who come in are law abiding and industriouse. Immigration can also import poverty and crime. What's going on in France is a giant wake up call for other countries.

It's a hard lesson on the best way to preserve your way of life is to fill our wives full of cum and to raise the children well. If the family unit degrades, the country goes with it. Not having children and filling the void with third world immigrants, turns the whole country into a third world country. Fucking is good.

Nickdfresh
11-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Sometimes it seems that the only reason people hate France is because they've been told to by FAUX Spews and because the French were smart enough no to get bogged down into a guerilla war in IRAQ.

Apparently, they learned their lessons for ALGERIA and VIETNAM. We didn't...

So what is the purpose of this thread? To bash the FRENCH as they struggle with "ISLAMOFASCISM?":confused:

BITEYOASS
11-06-2005, 08:50 PM
People should remember that european countries are not melting pots for muslims and never will be. Especially when they tried to take over europe in the 9'th century, which made the crusades neccessary. They just move to a foreign country and breed like crazy, choking out a national culture of wherever they immigrated to.

Phil theStalker
11-06-2005, 09:20 PM
I heard the French surrendered.;)

:spank:

Phil theStalker
11-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Honestly, I feel sorry f4or the French right now. It's 3:00am in Paris right now and Mahmoud is burning a car.

THESE WERE POLICE CARS
ALLAH'S WILL REVIVAL NIGHT
Bring Your Buzuq!

Phil theStalker
11-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
"ISLAMOFASCISM?":confused:
You say TO-MA-TOE and I say TO-MAT-O.

You say IS-LAM-O and I say B-U-S-HO.

NathanRay
11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I Say "Lose The Burka, Keep The Viel"......

"Look, I'll buy some gas. What the Fuck?????"

Horseskin
11-06-2005, 11:58 PM
"Abdul, you light up my life."

"Burn, des grenouilles, burn!"

"Ces soldats francais, on ne peut les trouver nulle part."

"Pas-de-Charge, Louie, Louie!"

"Quai, quai!"

jero
11-07-2005, 04:20 AM
Right now the violence of the Islamic youth is spreading over all French city's and it's going up north to Belgium!
It's a serious problem

Millermoos
11-07-2005, 09:29 AM
They are going too far it's just not right what they are doing Burning schools, a pensioner got killed. Just crazy. They should call in the Army to sort them out. Call me a hard liner but to tell you honestly I am fed up after the bombings in London I think we should use a harder approach if they don't like western ways or democracy they can go back to their country of origin. Cos if they did what they are doing in Algeria or Morocco they will have their heads, or hands chopped off.
I understand the young once who can't get a job and they feel not integrated but I feel that their are doing is a disservice to their own people by acting with violence towards the average French or the police.
And I do agree that what happened two the kids who died was terrible and they should open up an enquire but I also believe That this is an orchestrated attempt from some fundamentalist muslims to create destabilize France and other European countries.I have also been in France on holiday many times and I always found the French friendly both in Paris and outside in the countryside. I only got attacked by two Algerians but this does not mean that they are all like that I am sure there are a lot of good Algerians who work hard and don't bother anybody.
Millermoos

jero
11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
And the French have no troops in iraq so there's allways something that they are pissed about! No work, poor houses and on and on. Well if you look where they come from (Morocco, Algeria, Tunis) there is nothing, no good hospitals no good schools, no good houses, so WTF are the complaining about? If you can have a better life in your home country please go back! Don't forget your family! It's time the French call their army to solve this problem!

Phil theStalker
11-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Deport illegals is legal.

I wish my government did it, that's why I said it.

You say you WANT a revolution.

You want a rev-o-lu-tion NOW.

jero
11-07-2005, 02:28 PM
A revolution in our own house? When those fuckers got everything they have asked for! If they do things like this in their own poor countries their heads would be rolling in front of a public audience!

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Call in the French Foreign Legion with orders to shoot to kill.

That will calm shit down immediately.

NOBODY fucks with the FFL!!!

But then again....

I just did a Google search to find either an emblem or some kind of fucking heroic photo to post here.

Half the fucking images on Google under French Foreign Legion are photos of fucking TOY SOLDIERS!!!!

I hope Jerome is doing ok...

Nickdfresh
11-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Maybe a modern day NAPOLEON can give 'em a "whiff of grapeshot?"

http://www.napoleonguide.com/images/pix_whiff.jpg
http://www.howifoundthestrong.com/image/ammunition_grapeshot.gif

DrMaddVibe
11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
How's that appeasement policy workin' France?

Jérôme Frenchise
11-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Call in the French Foreign Legion with orders to shoot to kill.

That will calm shit down immediately.

NOBODY fucks with the FFL!!!

But then again....

I just did a Google search to find either an emblem or some kind of fucking heroic photo to post here.

Half the fucking images on Google under French Foreign Legion are photos of fucking TOY SOLDIERS!!!!

I hope Jerome is doing ok...

:D I'm doing fine, cheers, HR! :D

http://legion.uem.com.ua/imageLa/acc1.jpg

I just missed this thread. All of your points are very interesting.

The appeasement policy works catastrophicly, because of Interior minister Nicolas Sarkozy who is a dangerous little doggy who plays the game of the extreme right for electoral motives (he plans to run for the 2007 presidential election where many see him win), throwing oil into the fire. He recently went down on the street and stopped at the foot of a building where an old lady shouted her discontent at him. He replied, in his cheap Poujadist way: "You want us to get you rid of that riff-raff, Madam? Is that what you want? We're going to get you rid of them!"
This was broadcast in all TV news programmes... and it was obviously meant to be.

There surely is something efficient to be done very quickly, but no doubt something else than that kind of flashy announcements.
Last night was the 15th riot night in a row. Like the night before, there were 200 main offenders arrested. There is a somehow adequate response from authorities, but every night it will start again...
A curfew was recently imposed for minors, but some rioters under 18 who were interviewed on TV (not even with their faces hidden) claimed that there was "no way for [them] to stay home at night after 10 pm if [they] fancied going out"... Very smart of you, young boy.:rolleyes:

Using Army forces would be much more efficient, and it would mark consciences for sure. But it could be some kind of defeat of State, in a way. It's the last resort.

Riots even reached the Alps. Annecy, and even Evian! I work in a lycee 15 miles away in a 20,000 inhabitant city in the valley of Chamonix. Three days ago "they" burnt a nursery school. Completely ravaged...
Those criminal morons destroy their little brothers and sisters's stuff, not to mention public property.
Sure the horizon of a fringe has been limited to "parallel economy" for about three decades, but their fathers came here to work most honestly. Many of the second generation try hard to integrate righteously; in a way, talking about "riff-raff" is fair, the only thing that is wrong is to pronounce it publicly and vehemently, which is like pouring gasoline in the flames.

Some people find excuses for the "youngsters" implied... There aren't any, IMO. For a certain part who live out of stolen hi-fi, drug or even gun dealing, there are many who live in the same ghettoized blocks who manage most honestly. The former are the few rotten trees that hide a sane forrest.
We are waiting for the outcome of the immediate appearances that were decided for those who were arrested these last few days. Some people were scandalized by Sarkozy's statement two days ago, who said that foreign culprits would be sent out of our borders... Again, I stand opposed to his camp, but I think this is a most normal decision.
I'm opposed to this government, but using justice as they are going to surely is an improvement; the problem is, it's not the case at all the rest of the time with corrupted politicians, for example.

Here are two examples of Sarkozy's inanities (there are many others, though):

Last year, he promoted a new prefect in the west. Well. He couldn't help claiming it was an act of supreme integration, because the new prefect is an Arab immigrant's son... How awkward! That cunt did that for his own publicity; but fuck, to me there was a new prefect, period! Not underlining his origins would have been a sign of integration...

More serious: he declared he would "clean up" the rough district of La Courneuve (a place where drug dealers are like an army in Paris) "Karcher style"... Very nice for all the hard workers who live there and have nothing to do with it. He wound up in person with a good deal of police forces, and found nothing to clean: his public announcement strangely reached the dealers's ears.

That dwarf, since 2002 (long before the current riots), has been organizing a new police State, looking a lot like Vichy (to a certain extent, of course). Using widespread popular idées reçues, his action is all about repression; nothing wrong with repression, but repressing only is no governing. To govern is to foresee. There are absolutely no curative measures that are planned...

http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/photos/20041109.OBS4347.jpg

DrMaddVibe
11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Jérôme, sorry to hear about the innocents being hurt by this. Hope you stay out of harm's way there during this latest Islamic fundalmentalist attack. If France would've sided with the UN vote I don't think the cowardice acts that are playing themselves out nightly in the streets of France would be going on. It only took one train bomb for the bastards to take over Spain...looks like France is a tougher nut to crack.

Jérôme Frenchise
11-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Jérôme, sorry to hear about the innocents being hurt by this. Hope you stay out of harm's way there during this latest Islamic fundalmentalist attack. If France would've sided with the UN vote I don't think the cowardice acts that are playing themselves out nightly in the streets of France would be going on. It only took one train bomb for the bastards to take over Spain...looks like France is a tougher nut to crack.

I'm afraid that Chirac and his administration decided not to intervene in Iraq out of cowardice... They surely knew that terrorist replicas would follow, like those that occurred in England, Italy and Spain. Islamists being even more settled in France, the response would have been all the more violent here if Chirac had gone along with American, British, Spanish, Polish, Italian and Japanese troops.
All the good intentions blah Chirac could deliver was bullshit. All he and his government and even the left wanted was to avoid bloodbaths in their own territory. Just my opinion, but I'm almost certain of that.:o

ELVIS
11-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Interesting...